• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Mewter

Smash Master
a chain of 50 yeilds the max chance of a shiny, Platinum has a vastly better rate then D/P.
I haven't ever caught a shiny before in any of my games(excluding gyarados in gold)
The only shinies I've ever encountered were through trades!:laugh:
I also spent tons of hours searching by radar, and I never found one.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I haven't ever caught a shiny before in any of my games(excluding gyarados in gold)
The only shinies I've ever encountered were through trades!:laugh:
I also spent tons of hours searching by radar, and I never found one.
Get an import of Platinum, the chance is VASTLY superior to D/P, it goes from 364 to about 16 or so. Also, are you chaining the radar right? You have to go to the shiny grass panel without encountering any other wild pokemon to properly chain it, if you don't chain it, the chance of a shiny is the same as without the radar.

Mewter

Smash Master
Get an import of Platinum, the chance is VASTLY superior to D/P, it goes from 364 to about 16 or so. Also, are you chaining the radar right? You have to go to the shiny grass panel without encountering any other wild pokemon to properly chain it, if you don't chain it, the chance of a shiny is the same as without the radar.
I've gotten to 22, bbut that's it.:laugh:
I can't seem to get any farther.

M.K

Level 55
@MorhpedChaos,

Are you sure about that Platinum "higher chance" thing? Do you have a link that I could go to that proves it?

XACE-K

Smash Master
No, Fantarmor wasn't a fusion. Notice how I said PokeFusion contest.

Anyone remember who originally made Fantarmor? I forget now.
IC3R made the drawing while Spire made the sprite.

And good job on closing the thread Zook. :D

*gives Zook a high five*

IC3R

Smash Lord
I suppose I'm slightly disappointed that Fantarmor didn't turn out like those Bamboo Pokemon, or Sagiduck, or Regimagma...

That's all...

No offense, Spire...

A_man13

Smash Master
IC3R made the drawing while Spire made the sprite.

And good job on closing the thread Zook. :D

*gives Zook a high five*
*Grabs hand and slaps zook across the face*

If this thread ultimatly closes due to the requesters having there hands full, I've already taken the liberty to create anti-zook statues.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
*gives zook a double-slap*
spire, can I use your fantarmore for a sig/tag, whatever you wanna call it?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well you can remove mine from the list. I just requested it for the lulz and Zook's contest. You don't have to replace it with anything.
Okay.

You have a YouTube channel!?

*goes to look for it*

Anyway, that guy is dumb for that.
Yeah, it's "AquadiustheHedgehog". I thought I told you guys before?
In any case, the comments are gone now, I deleted them. But yeah.

On the request list it looks like my request is asking for the ruby/sapphire mightyena sprite. I wanted the ruby/sapphire arcanine sprite if that's OK, and it doesn't matter what sprite you use for mightyena.
Just wanted to clear up any confusion.
Yeah, I got that. I can see how it would look like that, but it's saying Mightyena fused with the R/S Arcanine.

I just caught a shiny Ralts!!!!

Sorry, but I'm really happy! I'll do requests later today.
I hate you.

I've wanted one of those for SO LONG.

It's a 1 in 8192 chance. However, my game hates me as I've seen at least 40,000 Pokemon and my only shiny is Pokeradar'd.

BTW: My request was serious...kinda. If no one wants to do it, that's fine with me.
Your request is fine, I'll be happy to do it.

But yeah, that's pretty much how my shinies have gone. I've played a ton of hours throughout all of my versions and I've found a total of TWO shinies other than Gyarados; Sneasel in my Gold version, which got deleted after the Accidental Erasing Fiasco of '03 (I don't even know if that's when it happened, that's just a random guess), and a Bellsprout (now Victreebel) in LG, moved to Ruby and then to Diamond. And even after trying chaining, I still failed to obtain a shiny.

I suppose it's for the best, though. I'm not a fan of the concept of chaining; while I was extremely cheap and got about 30 shinies via Serebii's chatroom, I prefer the actual catching of them to remain special. Chaining feels cheap. I don't want an increased shot at getting a shiny, I just want to find another one. And preferably not something crappy like Gible (the shiny difference is a slight tint at best).

I suppose I'm slightly disappointed that Fantarmor didn't turn out like those Bamboo Pokemon, or Sagiduck, or Regimagma...

That's all...

No offense, Spire...
You mean that same feel? I can see what you mean. On the other hand, I think it's probably because Spire was trying to duplicate your artwork in sprite form.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I've found one silver tentacool back in silver... thats it. *frowns* also y is there no requests again?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've found one silver tentacool back in silver... thats it. *frowns* also y is there no requests again?
Because there are a metric ton of them on the list. Also, to be more specific, we've reached our 20 request limit -- which, as you see in the rules, means we stop requests until we have cleaned the list up.

Spire

III
BRoomer

That's all...

No offense, Spire...
An honest response. I take no offense, regardless of you stating so.

When creating entirely new sprites, it's easiest when the design is your own, because you set the bounds. With your request, it was a bit difficult working within the bounds, because:

a) You gave me a sketch to make a sprite from, but aside from that, posted no extra information regarding its stance, positioning, size, angle, etc, etc.

and..

b) It was a bit far too detailed for a Pokemon, and while I tried to stay as true to your drawing as possible, including all of the little jewels, plates, and what not, it ultimately became less of a sprite drawing task, and more of a "fill in the pixels" experience, or in other words, "a coloring book".

Furthermore, I had to make the sprite relative size to Banette, seeing as how it did not appear to be that much larger, but there was also an excess of color variation, and I tried to set bounds to how many different shades of gray, purple, and maroon I used, to stay true to the limited, cartoonish nature of all other Pokemon sprites.

But again, it was a great experience, and while I do not feel it to be my strongest sprite, I'm glad I was able to fulfill a challenging request.

Thank you for your time,
Spire

P.S. Thank you all for your compliments on the sprite. After putting in a few hours of work, I really appreciate it.

M.K

Level 55
Spire III, I truly enjoyed your sprite. It really sets a boundary for me as a "less-skilled" spriter to look up to someone like you. You may not like me that much, but I truly enjoy your work and your absolute dedication to spriting.

FirustheHedgehog, chaining is not cheap in my eyes because it is NOT easy. It just isn't a magical process in which 10 shinies poof into your PC. I've had to sit behind my DS for 3 hours resetting for a shiny patch to appear, just to get one shiny. This sort of thing just....makes me happy that I put in the dedication for the shiny to appear.

I'm sort of frustrated at the amount of requests that just seem bizarre, but....I can't do anything about it. These huge request tidal waves really put me in the "overwhelmed" mode, where I don't really want to do any sprites =/ Sorry. None of the requests even appeal to me. Sprites should be fun to work on, not just....work.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
MK, this may be rare for me, but I agree with EVERY single letter in your above post.

Greenstreet, I also found a shiny tentacruel in silver, but my friend killed it:(, as I've mentioned many times.

So spire, again, can I use one of your sprites in a sig/tag?

M.K

Level 55
sorry I didn't see this earlier, Nice MK, did you do it through pokeRadar or normal? and is it Male or Female? XD
I got it on a Pokeradar Chain of 7 that eventually broke at 32.
It's a female Hasty Nature.
It's gonna be an Ice-cool Gardevoir in NO time!

Overload

Smash Lord
I have three shinies, all from lucky.
Shiny staryu from egg
shiny floatzel from wild encounter
shiny shellos from wild encounter

the floatzel and shellos both happened in two days, while I was EV training.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*finds channel*

You made a Brawl tribute!? WTF Go make a Melee tribute.

Unless it's a mindgame.
Nah, I wish. I made it in the upcoming weeks to Brawl. You know, before I wanted to set it on fire and then abuse it in multiple other ways.

But yeah, I should make a Melee tribute...

Wubaphlosion

-:bowser:Bowser King
Wow, that's awesome! That was a good idea, making it a reskin rather than a regular fusion. It suits the pair well.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I wonder what wynaut+cyndaquill would look like......not official request, but when we get back up on order it will be.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
CLICK THE PIC

ZAPDOCROSS

(made by me)​
not your best, but interesting none the less
hauntorb looks REALLY cool, but that might be my haunter obsession talking(you can tell if you read the first paragraph in my section)

Wubaphlosion

-:bowser:Bowser King
oooooooooooooooo, NICE, I like:bee:

Nah, I wish. I made it in the upcoming weeks to Brawl. You know, before I wanted to set it on fire and then abuse it in multiple other ways.

But yeah, I should make a Melee tribute...
you mean BEFORE you turned into a brawl hater?

Top Bottom