• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
NOTICE: Spire and I have discussed the matter, and decided that you can post your sprites to get opinions and constructive criticism. This change has been reflected in the rules.

Considering recent events, and since we want to let the community become more involved and open, we decided this would be a good change.

Spire

III
BRoomer
well then could you give me some advice?
When fusing sprites, you usually take one and add the features of the other to it, including color/texture and other parts. In this case, You've given the skin of Deoxys to Gardevoir, but you've not added any parts from Deoxys to Gardevoir. Try adding its tentacles and head.

M.K

Level 55
NOTICE: Spire and I have discussed the matter, and decided that you can post your sprites to get opinions and constructive criticism. This change has been reflected in the rules.

Considering recent events, and since we want to let the community become more involved and open, we decided this would be a good change.
Ugh....I don't agree with this.
This is one of the reasons that the group thread exists in the first place.
Why don't we just call this the "Pokemon Sprite Thread" and drop the whole "Shop" idea? I mean, it would be more logical.
I will be extremely happy to give any critique via PM's, Profile Messages, group thread, or anything else, but why even have "workers" if this is gonna take place?
I really hate to be the bad again.....again, but this is one thing that I was really against. I mean, it just clutters the thread with criticism, requests, off-topic sub-discussions....Ughhh.....

...Just my 2 cents :urg:

EDIT:

Ooh, see? Snucas created a very professional sprite critique topic for beginner spriters!
Not only will it keep the shop less cluttered, but it was also attract people who might take interest in spriting, like those who usually lurk in the Counter Game and RMT boards!

(Wow, this is one of the most "put together" disagreements I've ever had O_O)

A_man13

Smash Master
Ugh....I don't agree with this.
This is one of the reasons that the group thread exists in the first place.
Why don't we just call this the "Pokemon Sprite Thread" and drop the whole "Shop" idea? I mean, it would be more logical.
I will be extremely happy to give any critique via PM's, Profile Messages, group thread, or anything else, but why even have "workers" if this is gonna take place?
I really hate to be the bad again.....again, but this is one thing that I was really against. I mean, it just clutters the thread with criticism, requests, off-topic sub-discussions....Ughhh.....

...Just my 2 cents :urg:

EDIT:

Ooh, see? Snucas created a very professional sprite critique topic for beginner spriters!
Not only will it keep the shop less cluttered, but it was also attract people who might take interest in spriting, like those who usually lurk in the Counter Game and RMT boards!

(Wow, this is one of the most "put together" disagreements I've ever had O_O)
Epic self controdiction! But yeah, that should really help with the spam. Too bad I will hardly ever use the topic as splicing is more of an on the side thing for me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I see your point, but we don't intend to clutter the thread with tons of sprites. But discouraging others from posting their sprites when we intend for this to be THE Custom Pokemon Shop is, as Spire put it, sort of nazi-like. And when I was starting out spriting, I know I would've appreciated some help.

Also, it's not off-topic. If it wasn't off-topic when you posted about your sprite contest, it's not off-topic when people post their own sprites for critiques. It's a sprite thread.

It's still called a sprite shop because the people posting sprites for critique? They won't be fulfilling the requests, we will. It says that explicitly in the rules. And the people posting for critiques will be starting out, looking for something to give them a boost. We already know how to sprite, and we will use our knowledge of spriting to fulfill requests that people have.

And wait...clutters the thread with requests? Isn't that what a sprite shop is SUPPOSED to have...?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Spire III said i oculd post some sprites for critique so here it goes:
Deoxivoir
Uhm, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm probably the Gardevoir expert of this board, Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Recolors don't work for Gardevoir very much, you need to do some things from Scratch too, otherwise it looks all wrong. You also added shading to a part of the dress where its not needed in the least, which doesn't suit the sprite at all. And the color scheme doesn't work with it at all as well. You should have the eyes the opposite color in the color spectrum of the main body color, and if you do the dress, its often better to work with a lighter color then the entire body, It just looks more natural. It can be done differently, but its hard to pull off.

Good try though, just do something more then a basic recolor. Look at MK's Gardevoir type change sprites for a little direction.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Silent Falcon, after a bunch of tries, I finally went with somethin that looked cool and was simple

you guys like?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I know its not really up to me...as I only just started spriting, but I don't really like the coloring on the wings...just doesnt do it for me. the light blue sticks out a bit..

Still sick as tho, dont get me wrong lol i love it. That's the only thing i wud change tho...but yer.. what i wud do probly isnt the best course of action anyway lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Silent Falcon, after a bunch of tries, I finally went with somethin that looked cool and was simple

you guys like?
Wow, I love it. Those colors are so bold and striking, it just...it's ALMOST as if they clash, but in a perfect way so that it just looks awesome. It's hard to describe, I just looked at it and it struck me immediately.

I finished the Winged Ghouzelf.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I love it. Those colors are so bold and striking, it just...it's ALMOST as if they clash, but in a perfect way so that it just looks awesome. It's hard to describe, I just looked at it and it struck me immediately.

I finished the Winged Ghouzelf.

*Makes milotic recolour*

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
So what's with the the Magikarp recolours?

O well, I guess my desire to be cool and fit in got the best of me.

XACE-K

Smash Master

you guys like?
Looks somewhat ghost like. I guess I find it dark and mysterious. And yes, this is a good thing.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

-_- I need work making my background white.
AND WHY IS PHOTOBUCKET NOT UPLOADING ANYTHING FOR ME!!!!!!

I have to use imageshack and they suck :p

A_man13

Smash Master
I tried to use a pokemon that is not used much in....
AREODUO!!!!

i also tried to make the right head look as if it was confused so it was scratching its head and the left head look like it wanted to fly away with it's wing

I know the outline is bad on the no BG
*Headbutts*

The rules; read em, know em, write a song about them. I know this is getting to be like guiding a cube through things it can't go through, but it really helps cut down the spam.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
People....arechomp has been done like 2 months ago :p. I was just trying to see if transparent backgrounds worked. Photobucket is messed up though...

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*Headbutts*

The rules; read em, know em, write a song about them. I know this is getting to be like guiding a cube through things it can't go through, but it really helps cut down the spam.
You mean "facepalm". :p

But yeah, as Snucas said, we changed the rules. There's the critique topic still but I'm not going to discourage it here anyways. Also, again, it's really not spam or off-topic.

M.K

Level 55
Ok, I still don't understand if we have a Sprite Critique topic that is PERFECTLY useable why we continue to allow other sprites to be posted here.
I really have 0 motivation to start any sprites.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I made an Archives. Page 3.

I did it because.......

1) I'm to lazy to convert all my sprites backgrounds
2) I think I can do a lot better now without paint so I wan't to show a seperate section for paint :)

@firus he could have also said "headdesk" although it's not as populor :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok, I still don't understand if we have a Sprite Critique topic that is PERFECTLY useable why we continue to allow other sprites to be posted here.
I really have 0 motivation to start any sprites.
Because if people want to post their sprites, we're not going to discourage it.
I still don't understand why you're so against people posting their sprites.

In any case, this is off-topic but it HAD to be posted.

Skin color FAIL.
(Linked because it would screen stretch)

This ad popped up on this page and I took a screenshot of it because it's just a priceless fail. If you don't notice it at first, keep looking.

M.K

Level 55
Because if people want to post their sprites, we're not going to discourage it.
I still don't understand why you're so against people posting their sprites.

In any case, this is off-topic but it HAD to be posted.

Skin color FAIL.
(Linked because it would screen stretch)

This ad popped up on this page and I took a screenshot of it because it's just a priceless fail. If you don't notice it at first, keep looking.
I dunno, the flow of the thread is disrupted. If someone posts a new sprite, then someone critiques it and posts a shop sprite, then someone critiques that one AND the new sprite, then someone posts 3 new sprites and 1 shop sprite, And we are talking about Himalayan waffle irons....it gets just a little cluttered....
There is a thread for it :ohwell: I mean, can't we just have it there? It wasn't even made by the shop, it was made by one of the beginning spriters....

And yes, that is EPIC FAILUREEEEE

Darkslash

Smash Master
So no one will do Firaterra?

looks like i will do it my Self!!!!

Any one then want to compare the two?

Hell i do a whole evolution line. But i'll post them in the group though.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hey, this might be a little off topic, but would anyone be interested in playing World of Warcraft? Its pretty good if you like MMOs, and I can get you free trial keys if you want.

On topic, Nice sprite as always Kirby, what plans do you have for others? And would people mind if I put a few of these nice looking fusions into a game I'm making as a tribute to the shop?

Top Bottom