• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

A_man13

Smash Master
I was refering to vile and evil, but yeah it's a stretch.

Is it just me or are we all making koffing/weezing bassed sprites?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Lol your quote missed Flaafachu :) and thanks. do you guys mind if i dump them in that post for now?

Also:

Clef-oh-hoh

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Yo Kirby (I hardly use slang, so I'm being serious.) What does it matter if Obama, mcain, or hell, Bush gets elected?(the last one was sarcasm.) as long as they don't effect your day-to-day life, who cares? We'll all die in a nuclear war sometime soon anyway.... Russia has a nuke right now, where if you dropped it in the middle of china, the blast radius would hit Great Britain and Australia. I can see that not going well, and they are making even stronger bombs.... Any stronger, and I'm saying this without exaggeration, we could kill God.

All I can say about the whole Obama thing, Just give him a chance I suppose, if he makes your day-to-day life better, then hes good, if he causes misery, hes bad. And personally, we're all going to die eventually, why worry about the trivial stuff that doesn't bother our day-to-day activities? Eh, but then I voted for an individual, I'm just not one for open hostilities before we give people chances.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yo Kirby (I hardly use slang, so I'm being serious.) What does it matter if Obama, mcain, or hell, Bush gets elected?(the last one was sarcasm.) as long as they don't effect your day-to-day life, who cares? We'll all die in a nuclear war sometime soon anyway.... Russia has a nuke right now, where if you dropped it in the middle of china, the blast radius would hit Great Britain and Australia. I can see that not going well, and they are making even stronger bombs.... Any stronger, and I'm saying this without exaggeration, we could kill God.

All I can say about the whole Obama thing, Just give him a chance I suppose, if he makes your day-to-day life better, then hes good, if he causes misery, hes bad. And personally, we're all going to die eventually, why worry about the trivial stuff that doesn't bother our day-to-day activities? Eh, but then I voted for an individual, I'm just not one for open hostilities before we give people chances.
Not to start the political debate back up again, but the president IS going to affect our day-to-day lives. You pointed out a nuclear war; whether or not that ends up happening could depend on the president. Another terrorist attack like 9/11 could also be determined by that. In the end, there's a reason most people care about who's president, and why they go out and vote; because it is a matter of great importance. If he manages to be a great president, I'd be more than happy. But if he sticks to his policies, chances are I won't. I see your point about giving people chances...but by that logic, I might as well have voted for him in the first place because he COULD end up being a good president. You vote based on what you can gather, and from what I gathered I wanted McCain over Obama.

And as for not caring about the president because we're all going to die soon...that's a very Epicurean perspective. But I'd like to think that I don't have to live each day as if it were my last, I'd like to think I have time.

But enough on the election.

Greenstreet...we're happy to give you critique and all, but don't post too many sprites. zrky can invite you to the group and you can post them there, just so the shop doesn't get too crowded with other sprites.

But for critique on the bunch you have posted, they all look great. The only things I have to point out is that on Clef-oh-hoh, there's a small strip of white that you missed when making it transparent. And on Volzing, (both versions) I would put the electricity branching out a little bit from the puffs of cloud (I assume they're supposed to be clouds in the context of the sprite, correct me if I'm wrong) so it doesn't look so much like just an electrified cloud.

Other than that, though, they seriously look fantastic.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I would like to learn how to sprite, could someone teach me?
Take a look at some of the guides I posted a page or so back. I read them myself (they didn't teach me how to sprite, but I read through them just for entertainment a while ago anyways) and they're pretty good.

I say no. His work is good but we have enough members. Unless we get rid of a member.
*coughzrkycough*

Or he can just post his work for fun.
He said the CPFC. The Custom Pokemon Shop Fan Club, a.k.a. the group.

So unless you want to kick zrky out of the group he created, then...

XACE-K

Smash Master
He said the CPFC. The Custom Pokemon Shop Fan Club, a.k.a. the group.

So unless you want to kick zrky out of the group he created, then...
I thought he said the CPS. He's always a pain.
jk

But we should kick him out of the group. He spams too much.
My spam and Zook's spam are acceptible.
And he can't spell awesome.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I say no. His work is good but we have enough members. Unless we get rid of a member.
*coughzrkycough*

Lol I don't wanna be a member. I'd love to join the group though. Invite only or?
And I'll take my others down for now and just collect them all and release them one day :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Lol I don't wanna be a member. I'd love to join the group though. Invite only or?
And I'll take my others down for now and just collect them all and release them one day :)
Yeah it's invite but we could always get zrky to let you in ;)
You could always just copy them and post them in the CPFC/CPSFC
-:bowser:Bowser King

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yays! I would appreciate, coz I have questions regarding how you guys do certain things, but I dont wanna clog up this thread with it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yays! I would appreciate, coz I have questions regarding how you guys do certain things, but I dont wanna clog up this thread with it.
No problem ;) ( Love that emot).
One of the main purposes of the CPSFC was to show of sprites of non-mems (though it's become a tier list of the PC crew.

-:bowser:Bowser King

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would like to learn how to sprite, could someone teach me?
HAY, and ME? jk

*coughzrkycough*

do you have a problem with me? if it was my choice it would be someone else or me, but I would rather go 2nd than first.

greenstreet, I too would like to see some more of yours, your squirtle/charmamder looks EXACTLY the same as the one I made except orange not blue:dizzy:

XACE-K

Smash Master
do you have a problem with me? if it was my choice it would be someone else or me, but I would rather go 2nd than first.
It's called sarcasm. I don't hate you but I find it fun to pick on you. I'll probably get bored soon and annoy somebody else.
*coughBKcough*

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Sorry for starting up the debate again, I just don't like bashing before its happened is all, once it does happen, bash away. One thing I don't get... why not just kick a president we hate out of office? Are we too embarrassed about them to do it or what?

As for the sprites, I bet if Kirby applied to Nintendo, he could design some of the Pokemon sprites for the next game if he so wished, Maybe Mewter and the others as well? You guys have got talent, thats for sure.

And kirby, Need help with anything?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
It's called sarcasm. I don't hate you but I find it fun to pick on you. I'll probably get bored soon and annoy somebody else.
*coughBKcough*
I was actually being sarcastic too:ohwell: you should pick on skyler about his rainbowness(is that a word?)

Morphed, that would be impeachment, and it's only during severe incidents such as Nixon and clinton. Ulysses S. Grant was almost impeached as well:ohwell: but no we can't just kick out a president. Elections are held for a reason, that way it's a majority vote, so if the majority thinks someone will be the better president then most will agree on that.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
HAY, and ME? jk

greenstreet, I too would like to see some more of yours, your squirtle/charmamder looks EXACTLY the same as the one I made except orange not blue:dizzy:
lol link? I guess there is not much you can really do with it other than that :)

i've got a really good one just finished but i am not sure whether i shud just save em up and surprise everyone one day.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I invited you all ready so you just have to accept:)

well it's not a surprise if you tell us now is it?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
lol i meant a link to your squirtander so i can check it out...

also I'll post my new sprites in the group shall i?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
sure, go ahead, im sure it can't be as bad as one of my firsts,
if you wanna see it go to page like 50 or 60 somethin

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I finished Lugia/Rayquaza, Lord Bowser.

Now, it is called Frosquaza. While that doesn't make sense in context, with the way it ended up being recolored and looking all frosty and icy, and since I already like icy things, I decided to do that. Makes it more creative, anyways.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I posted my fusions up in the group. Hope they are liked.

Also. Frosquaza looks intense. I wanna tackle something that hard sometime..

A_man13

Smash Master

Now, it is called Frosquaza. While that doesn't make sense in context, with the way it ended up being recolored and looking all frosty and icy, and since I already like icy things, I decided to do that. Makes it more creative, anyways.
A bit on the sloppy side, but looking good up to this point :)

M.K

Level 55
A bit on the sloppy side, but looking good up to this point :)
Agreed. I really really despise the concept of legendary fusions. None of them ever turn out the way I want.
Legendary Pokemon should not be fused.

Anyways, serious question here:

Is it illegal for a substitute teacher to insult my parents by claiming that all the people who voted for McCain were "Uneducated and Old"? I thought it was illegal to force their political bias on us.

Sorry to get off-topic, but when you are a minority in an african-american school full of idiots, you really want to stab someone's eyes out by the end of the year.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

OM MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
don't believe in it but oh well
THAT IS AWESOME

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Is it illegal for a substitute teacher to insult my parents by claiming that all the people who voted for McCain were "Uneducated and Old"? I thought it was illegal to force their political bias on us.
That's not forcing political bias on you, fool. That's giving out an opinion. And unless she gave you a bad grade because you disagreed with her, no harm was done.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Agreed. I really really despise the concept of legendary fusions. None of them ever turn out the way I want.

Anyways, serious question here:

Sorry to get off-topic, but when you are a minority in an african-american school full of idiots, you really want to stab someone's eyes out by the end of the year.
You really don't understand the word "bias" do you? You're a complete hypocrite for accusing another of being biased when you, "want to stab someone's eyes out because you're a minority in an african-american school full of idiots." You sound pretty **** biased towards African-Americans* in calling them all a bunch of idiots.

Idiot.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I agree. They're just kinda...awkward.

It should be, but teachers are ***holes like that. One of my friends once had a teacher go on a rant the day after the 2004 election about how stupid and racist Republicans are. (This wasn't even a Social Studies teacher, either.)

Teachers shouldn't be able to ***** and moan about how little they get paid to their students, either. Still happens.

So what can you do? Pretty much nothing.

That really sucks, though, man. I wish teachers would learn to keep their mouths shut already.

You really don't understand the word "bias" do you? You're a complete hypocrite for accusing another of being biased when you, "want to stab someone's eyes out because you're a minority in an african-american school full of idiots." You sound pretty **** biased towards African-Americans* in calling them all a bunch of idiots.

Idiot.
It may not be a bias, per se, but teachers still shouldn't be expressing their political opinions to their students. ESPECIALLY not if they're insulting one side or another. They're there to teach the subject, not their opinions.

But I do agree on the racist remark, MK...it really wasn't necessary to bring race into it.

A_man13

Smash Master
Teachers are generally liberals, MK. Get used to it now before it slaps you across the face.

That is harsh. People really don't know the acronym with Assume, don't they?

I'm making some quick fusions, btw. They are kind of quick meh jobs, but ah well.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Bit sloppy and as MK said, they never turn out the way you want to.

And guys, why don't we discusss the bias talk somewhere else?

P.S: We might get some new requesters sometime. If we do, it's because of me.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It should be, but teachers are ***holes like that. One of my friends once had a teacher go on a rant the day after the 2004 election about how stupid and racist Republicans are. (This wasn't even a Social Studies teacher, either.)

Teachers shouldn't be able to ***** and moan about how little they get paid to their students, either. Still happens.

That really sucks, though, man. I wish teachers would learn to keep their mouths shut already.
On the contrary, I appreciate when teachers voice their opinion on matters. For one, it spices up the environment, stirring excitement and frustration, which are key to diversifying and setting up the standards for a great class debate -- which I love. My Government teacher isn't afraid to say anything offensive, as it blatantly reveals to the class that he stands firm with whatever it is he believes and furthermore, that he's blatantly open to the opinions of anyone, as a person who fears to share their opinions is obviously insecure about them, and hence, would not want those of another potentially swaying their unfounded stance.

How I see it is that anyone - student and teacher alike - who chooses to share their opinion on such strong and controversial subjects, particularly politics and religion, is a strong person, and should not be held back. How are we to persuade others in an effort to grow in new and different directions as a people if we are not allowed to voice our opinion? We're all adults here (well, some of you aren't) and should therefore not be held back from speaking our mind.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Idiot.
good point, but no she wasn't forcing ANY opinion on you, she didn't MAKE you think her way, she just stated an opinion (school isn't the best place for that) but yeah, if she didn't FORCE you to to think his/her way then she wasn't doing anything wrong. and WHY would you call a majority in your school ESPECIALLY the most protected under law and the ones that wil call insult to ANYTHING you say(african American) idiots? Im probably the WHITEST person youll find EVER and I still wouldn't do that.

Aveces eres una de las personas MAS retardadas y estupidas(I don't care if you can/can't read it it's a fact)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
On the contrary, I appreciate when teachers voice their opinion on matters. For one, it spices up the environment, stirring excitement and frustration, which are key to diversifying and setting up the standards for a great class debate -- which I love. My Government teacher isn't afraid to say anything offensive, as it blatantly reveals to the class that he stands firm with whatever it is he believes and furthermore, that he's blatantly open to the opinions of anyone, as a person who fears to share their opinions is obviously insecure about them, and hence, would not want those of another potentially swaying their unfounded stance.

How I see it is that anyone - student and teacher alike - who chooses to share their opinion on such strong and controversial subjects, particularly politics and religion, is a strong person, and should not be held back. How are we to persuade others in an effort to grow in new and different directions as a people if we are not allowed to voice our opinion? We're all adults here (well, some of you aren't) and should therefore not be held back from speaking our mind.
It does stir up a debate, but that should be left to the students. Teachers are there to teach -- if they do it wrong, they could end up teaching the political opinions to people, indoctrinating them.

Also, maybe you've been lucky, but teachers scarcely find a way to express their opinions without being intimidating or bashing the other side. Situations like MK and I described, with teachers calling Republicans idiots -- that should not be tolerable. That should not be even CLOSE to tolerable. While they're not outright doing it, that's basically calling one or more kids in the class idiots, stupid, racist, and that is HIGHLY unprofessional and inappropriate. Also, it creates a hostile environment. It's not the teacher's job to present their political opinions, they're supposed to teach. The best teachers I've had are those who do not present their political opinions.

Then again, you may be agreeing with the teachers and that may be why you don't find something wrong with it, vice versa for me, or both. I just find it obnoxious, and a teacher should NEVER put down other political opinions, whether or not they express their own.

Either way guys, let's seriously cut this political stuff. I hate politics.

...Wow, this was my 2,500th post.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey everyone
Introducing my first sprite!
electether
It looks good basically, but NEVER resize the sprites. It distorts them. In fact, the only time you should be resizing in Paint at all is if you do it via the Stretch function, and in multiples of 100s, and the same number for vertical and horizontal.

Otherwise, it's a good start.

If you weren't a debater, you'd be a Smash master. Congrats!
Thanks, man.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I agree. They're just kinda...awkward.

It may not be a bias, per se, but teachers still shouldn't be expressing their political opinions to their students. ESPECIALLY not if they're insulting one side or another. They're there to teach the subject, not their opinions.

But I do agree on the racist remark, MK...it really wasn't necessary to bring race into it.
I didn't mean that ALL of them were that way, jeez. Way to blow it out of context, guys.
I mean I'm a minority in my school, and that the people AT my school are idiots when it comes to the elections. Two seperate points.
I'm not ****ing racist, how ****ing dare you say that.
I mean, EVERYTHING I say is blown out of freaking proportion. Instead of assuming I'm a racist jerk-off, you could have asked me what I mean, instead of jumping to a miscontruted conclusion.
My freaking god.
*Was not directed towards Firus, it was towards everyone

Top Bottom