• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't mean that ALL of them were that way, jeez. Way to blow it out of context, guys.
I mean I'm a minority in my school, and that the people AT my school are idiots when it comes to the elections. Two seperate points.
I'm not ****ing racist, how ****ing dare you say that.
I didn't call you racist, I called the REMARK racist. Even if it wasn't meant that way, it came off that way. There wasn't a reason to bring the fact that they're African-American into the discussion, really. I'm not calling you racist, just saying that phrase was unnecessary and it CAME OFF badly.

But wait...if it wasn't directed towards me, why did you quote me...? I'm confused.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Hey everyone
Introducing my first sprite!
electether
like firus said, don't resize, it looks OK though. so far three people I know including myself have done this fusion:dizzy:

MK, you should specify WHEN they are idiots. and you would probably die in Georgia and Louisiana, cuz you would probably be one of 10 minority at the schools. and if you could read what I mentioned earlier, many would agree on the sometimes. Im not calling you racist, but really did you have to mention your a minority in north carolina where A LOT of people are African-American?

Firus, congrats on 2502 posts:)

M.K

Level 55
I didn't call you racist, I called the REMARK racist. Even if it wasn't meant that way, it came off that way. There wasn't a reason to bring the fact that they're African-American into the discussion, really. I'm not calling you racist, just saying that phrase was unnecessary and it CAME OFF badly.

Don't attack me, I'm the one most on your side here.
It was two seperate points!!!!

1. I am a minority at my school in which the majority is African-Americans.

2. My school is a bunch of idiots.

OK? Is it really that hard to understand? Oh my god!!
I know you are on my side, but sometimes I say things and people take them in the COMPLETELY wrong manner.

MK, you should specify WHEN they are idiots. and you would probably die in Georgia and Louisiana, cuz you would probably be one of 10 minority at the schools
A girl walks into my 2nd period class and screams "OOH, WE GOT US A BLACK PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS!".
A boy in my 3rd Period does not know what the healthcare plan is and what it does for us.
A girl in my 3rd Period walks in and says "McCain was gonna die anyways, and Obama wasn't born in America, so both of them are bad."

I'm just like....Learn the ****ing campaign or shut the hell up about it.
You really can't deny that the VAST majority of the black vote went to Obama, so my initial bias against Obama, and the fact that MOST of the people AT my school (even some white people) voted for Obama, I definetly felt uncomfortable today.

God, look at what this election is doing to us :(. We always have these little nitpicky fights every once in a while, I don't know.
We shouldn't be having these. God **** this election, it spurs unwated hatred and horrible tension between friends!

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I know you are on my side, but sometimes I say things and people take them in the COMPLETELY wrong manner.
Ill be honest, you should try phrasing things differently so it's not taken wrong

it took me like 45 mins lol
that is allot of time, but might have looked better not being re-sized

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I UNDERSTAND that. My point is that the point that you're a minority wasn't really that related, and by mentioning it it COMES OFF that way.
The last thing that McCain supporters need is to have something that can be construed as racist, since they're already racist, apparently.

Again. Not saying YOU'RE racist, so don't think I am. The remark just came off that way.

A girl walks into my 2nd period class and screams "OOH, WE GOT US A BLACK PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS!".
A boy in my 3rd Period does not know what the healthcare plan is and what it does for us.
A girl in my 3rd Period walks in and says "McCain was gonna die anyways, and Obama wasn't born in America, so both of them are bad."

You really can't deny that the VAST majority of the black vote went to Obama, so my initial bias against Obama, and the fact that MOST of the people AT my school (even some white people) voted for Obama, I definetly felt uncomfortable today.

God, look at what this election is doing to us :(. We always have these little nitpicky fights every once in a while, I don't know.
We shouldn't be having these. God **** this election, it spurs unwated hatred and horrible tension between friends!
Yeah...99.6% (or more) of people are stupid. This is why we need a test for people to vote. Unfortunately, if we do that, it'll be racist, so we're forever going to have ignorant voters. (NOTE: Not saying if you voted for Obama you're ignorant, just in case it comes off that way. Saying the idiots who were "inspired" by him so they voted for him are.)

You know what, you're right MK.

NO MORE POLITICS, WHATSOEVER.
It's tearing this thread apart and turning it into a flame war.

Mewter

Smash Master

Well, this "taking out of context", as you call it, seems to happen every time you speak, for some reason or another. No, I am sure we are not taking it out of context(well, at least I'm not). The thing is, you can read what you said over again and it still sounds negative. You know that second point you made? Completely wrong. I don't know what else to say. I would be embarrassed if someone accused Americans as being stupid(Many do).
The thing is, most/some of us are stupid. Get it right. Not all of us. Same with races.
By the way, Firus, I like the Lugia/RQ fusion. Looks awesome.

M.K

Level 55
Well, this "taking out of context", as you call it, seems to happen every time you speak, for some reason or another. No, I am sure we are not taking it out of context(well, at least I'm not). The thing is, you can read what you said over again and it still sounds negative. You know that second point you made? Completely wrong. I don't know what else to say. I would be embarrassed if someone accused Americans as being stupid(Many do).
The thing is, most/some of us are stupid. Get it right. Not all of us. Same with races.
By the way, Firus, I like the Lugia/RQ fusion. Looks awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2U_KRpz5NY

That's all I have to say.

EDIT: Ok, ok, LMAO, that is PRETTY extreme, but it's a funny watch!
But yeah, I better word my sentence better....
I shall!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2U_KRpz5NY

That's all I have to say.

EDIT: Ok, ok, LMAO, that is PRETTY extreme, but it's a funny watch!
But yeah, I better word my sentence better....
I shall!
Heh. The mind-blowing irony there is that the description is "A video to show you how stupid is the american people"

Please tell me that was on purpose...

But yeah, wow. Although with the "country starting with a 'U'", that's not necessarily that people are STUPID. It didn't occur to me at first either (Uganda occurred to me first, actually :laugh:). But yeah, sides of a triangle? Religion of Israel? Gotta be kidding me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any ways to keep on topic of this thread

I request Firaterra
if any one know's where i made that term up good for them :p

Fire type Torterra...if that was done then el oh el

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Any ways to keep on topic of this thread

I request Firaterra
if any one know's where i made that term up good for them :p

Fire type Torterra...if that was done then el oh el
No, surprisingly, it hasn't. That's actually a really good idea, I can see something awesome as the product of this.

I would claim it, but I've been claiming too much recently so I'm just going to leave it for the rest of you guys.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
More on Topic: I don't know what to do next (sprite wise). Any ideas?

Edit: no one gave me an idea in time (all offline lol) so I went with my own.

It's Laparupt

Underwater Volcano Pokemon
Type: Water/Fire
Pokedex: Dreamtime legends say that massive swarms of these creatures erupting underwater resulted in the giant island of Australia. These seems odd though, as their nature is quite timid.

or

Pokedex: Although beautiful, Laparupts were once exploited and treated cruelly.. Many spa owners were sued in a Pokemon negligence case in 1997, where Laparupts were chained down and forced to create hot springs for the paying customer.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
introducing my first JUST recolor
drifachu
it's missing an outline on the left, YAY no resize, better though.

You people need to stop complaining about Obama. I'd trade Harper for him any day >_>

-:bowser:Bowser King
good point

More on Topic: I don't know what to do next (sprite wise). Any ideas?

Edit: no one gave me an idea in time (all offline lol) so I went with my own.

It's Laparupt

Underwater Volcano Pokemon
Type: Water/Fire
Pokedex: Dreamtime legends say that massive swarms of these creatures erupting underwater resulted in the giant island of Australia. These seems odd though, as their nature is quite timid.
the wya you put the back together look messy and not OK. the rest looks good though

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Nice sprites, the Luigia/Rayquaza one is a little sloppy, but looked cool. So far though, looks like MK does the best out of all of you when it comes to fusions. Sorry, had to be said. He also takes my Gardevoir requests, so I gotta give some props to that too.

About not having backgrounds, you have to save it as a PNG using an Alpha channel, which you can only do in stuff like Graphics Gale or some such things, you can't do it in MS paint.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nice sprites, the Luigia/Rayquaza one is a little sloppy, but looked cool. So far though, looks like MK does the best out of all of you when it comes to fusions. Sorry, had to be said. He also takes my Gardevoir requests, so I gotta give some props to that too.
No, Spire is the best of us when it comes to spriting in general (no offense, MK). He doesn't do it often, but when he does, it blows you away more than a massive tornado.

Also, I don't know...the Lugia/Rayquaza isn't my best work, but I don't understand why it's sloppy. It doesn't seem to look as good on a dark background as it did while I was working on it, although that's probably not the cause.

M.K

Level 55
No, Spire is the best of us when it comes to spriting in general (no offense, MK). He doesn't do it often, but when he does, it blows you away more than a massive tornado.

Also, I don't know...the Lugia/Rayquaza isn't my best work, but I don't understand why it's sloppy. It doesn't seem to look as good on a dark background as it did while I was working on it, although that's probably not the cause.
Agreed. Spire's sprites are like a make-out session with the creative lobe of my brain. They are just THAT good.
The Lugia/Rayquaza just looks a little pixelated and Copy/paste-ish. Other than that, though, it looks a-ok!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
we cant post them here?

newest in case we can but if we cant....
what is the club?
No, you're not supposed to. I've been pretty lenient on it thus far, but it is in the rules in the OP, it has been there for a while, and we've brought it up. I'm not going to start yelling or flaming you for not stopping, but it would be great if you guys would.

The club is The Custom Pokemon Shop Fan Club, which is a social group. It's invite-only, though, so zrky has to invite you first.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ok I got a question that doesn't involve politics and doesn't involve me posting a sprite in this thread.

Changing body shapes? For instance, the Frosquaza.. alot stuff wouldn't of just matched up. How do you deal with this? Just learn to scratch better?

M.K

Level 55
Ok I got a question that doesn't involve politics and doesn't involve me posting a sprite in this thread.

Changing body shapes? For instance, the Frosquaza.. alot stuff wouldn't of just matched up. How do you deal with this? Just learn to scratch better?
Scratching. In most cases, you have to scratch parts in order to make them look right.
This is an EXPERT spriting maneuver (wow, I can't spell) and should never be attempted by a beginner unless you are SURE that you can get it right.
:ohwell: It's really, really hard.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Hm...you mean like putting Caterpie's tail on Palkia or something, where it'd just look awkward if you just put it on?
Yeah, you pretty much have to be able to scratch. But don't worry, I clearly fail at scratching and I manage to get by in that department, if only slightly.

Actually, you spelled maneuver right, MK.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't even frequent here. It was in the post RIGHT above yours.
Thanks Glyph.

If you aren't a member of the shop, please do not post your sprites in the Shop thread. You may, however, post in the club group!
Thanks MK.

You just have to learn to scratch better. Try to get whatever you're doing perfect. If you don't, it'll suck.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yer.. Next one I'll try something like that.. Probly wont see it coz it will fail so hard but thats ok :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yer.. Next one I'll try something like that.. Probly wont see it coz it will fail so hard but thats ok :)
I've made plenty of good sprites and bad sprites but nobody (besides my friends) have seen them. Photobucket or whatever it is doesn't work for me so I don't care much about it now. I just sprite for fun.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No, a second shop never will be needed unless the Poke Center starts to get more than the 15 regulars it has. Not only are you not ready for a shop, even if you ever are, another shop will never be needed.

And I use my head for much more than keeping my ears apart. I use it for breathing, too.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire III said i oculd post some sprites for critique so here it goes:
Deoxivoir

Voldude

Taureon
Voldude, while being totally classic, adopts the colors of Geodude well, and you've shown a keen sense of shading in this sprite. However, the white of the Voltorb seems like it should find a place in the arms of the Geodude. Perhaps you could recolor its hands to become "gloves" of a sort, so that a clear sectioned-border defines a wrist.

Top Bottom