• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Introducing: Mushterra!
That looks awesome, MK. You chose two great Pokemon to mix with each other.

So no one will do Firaterra?

looks like i will do it my Self!!!!

Any one then want to compare the two?

Hell i do a whole evolution line. But i'll post them in the group though.
No one CLAIMED it. That doesn't mean no one will do it. I have my plate pretty full, so even though no one's claimed it yet I don't think I'll claim it, but it'll go onto the pending list and we'll get to it.

If you want to do it still, obviously that's fine. And you can post them in here if you want.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Dunno why people bash Pay2Play, Its not that bad really, just go get a job, and its quite fun if you give it a try. Might be your cup of tea, maybe not, thats what free trials are for. If your so worried about it, you could get a gamecard gen tool, but I don't recommend it. Wow is pretty nice, and it has many things that can keep you entertained. Wintergrasp in Wrath is like unreal tournament meets WoW, its great. Alas...

Thanks kirby, Might make a couple into enemies maybe, depending on if the battlesystem can support them.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dunno why people bash Pay2Play, Its not that bad really, just go get a job, and its quite fun if you give it a try. Might be your cup of tea, maybe not, thats what free trials are for. If your so worried about it, you could get a gamecard gen tool, but I don't recommend it. Wow is pretty nice, and it has many things that can keep you entertained. Wintergrasp in Wrath is like unreal tournament meets WoW, its great. Alas...

Thanks kirby, Might make a couple into enemies maybe, depending on if the battlesystem can support them.
I don't know, P2P is annoying in general just because you have to pay AFTER you've already bought the game. I suppose the same happens with XBL, but it's different.
In any case, I don't get into MMORPG's that much anyways. I've played a few of them and while you can play it forever, you can play it FOREVER, if that makes any sense at all.

In any case, I totally spaced in my last post and quoted you and forgot to reply to you...you can use my sprites if you want, too.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
so I guess you guys liked my mecha? that torterra with mold looks good MK:chuckle:

Firus, could you teach/show/type/whatever, me how you make your shoop da woop's cuz that was also requested with charioxis

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Why play WoW when I can play Guild Wars? Same thing, just free.
Thats a common misconception, WoW and Guildwars are not alike in the least. Sure when Wow didn't have BC or Wrath expansions it was similar to Guild Wars, but not anymore. Not to mention WoW has a much cleaner UI, and better game mechanics. Class balance would be nice, but its hard to do and keep classes unique. And I've heard that if you're part of a good WoW raiding guild, Some employers will see that as a huge plus. Raid leader = Project leader in some eyes. I think that has to do with its popularity, frankly.

Think you might wanna try it Kirby? Your not obliged to continue if you hate it. I can PM you the stuff if you like?

Oh, and if someone wants an NPC pokemon sprite or something in my little game here, Make it, and tell me what you want it to be. Battlesprites can be any size, If you want it animated, make the animations, My battle system can handle animations or no for enemy characters. If you want Character sprites, as ones seen on the map, then PM me, but a good base to use is the stuff from Mystery dungeon. (I think that entire game was made with RMXP personally.)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Thats a common misconception, WoW and Guildwars are not alike in the least. Sure when Wow didn't have BC or Wrath expansions it was similar to Guild Wars, but not anymore. Not to mention WoW has a much cleaner UI, and better game mechanics. Class balance would be nice, but its hard to do and keep classes unique. And I've heard that if you're part of a good WoW raiding guild, Some employers will see that as a huge plus. Raid leader = Project leader in some eyes. I think that has to do with its popularity, frankly.
Wrong, actually. WoW and Guild Wars are so alike its not even funny. The only noticable difference I've seen is the level cap and more classes.

WoW has the same irritating grinding requirement that nearly all MMOs are afflicted by while I can play Guild Wars and do five quests and level up in about an hour and a half. That's pretty satisfying, if you ask me. WoW, however...

Grinding is a failure, and so is paying 15 dollars a month.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
so I guess you guys liked my mecha? that torterra with mold looks good MK:chuckle:

Firus, could you teach/show/type/whatever, me how you make your shoop da woop's cuz that was also requested with charioxis
Truthfully, I pretty much made it custom one time with a mixture of the line tool and the circle tool, added shading and such and specified a darker shade of each color in the Shoop Da Whoop, and I've used this every time since, although I expand it if need be (like with Sakurai and Arceus).
Honestly, if you want to try and take mine from one of my pre-existing sprites you can, I don't object to it.

Beyond that, you add the Shoop Da Whoop to the Pokemon's face (erasing parts of the face first if need be) and place it over their face, shading where their face is to show they're behind it.

And wait, is it firing AT something?

If so, you put the sprite over the Shoop Da Whoop and do the recoloring method...except pick a color that stands out like green or pink and recolor the ENTIRE thing that one, solid color. Then, I color in the separate sections the shaded color I designated for each color. And finally, add wide eyes.

If anything's confusing or you have any other questions, just ask.

M.K

Level 55
PQs? You can pretty much PQ your way from level 10-70 now.
It's so bothersome trying to get one together if you don't organize it with your friends...
I quit at Level 30. It was a combination of me being alone, stuck in Ludibrium, and tired of killing teddy bears.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's so bothersome trying to get one together if you don't organize it with your friends...
I quit at Level 30. It was a combination of me being alone, stuck in Ludibrium, and tired of killing teddy bears.
Just sit there and spam 'J>PQ' in Kerning channel 1 and you'll get into one eventually.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I HATE HATE HATE grinding. That is the whole reason I quit MapleStory. It's just not fun.
Maplestory sucks anyway

Truthfully, I pretty much made it custom one time with a mixture of the line tool and the circle tool, added shading and such and specified a darker shade of each color in the Shoop Da Whoop, and I've used this every time since, although I expand it if need be (like with Sakurai and Arceus).
Honestly, if you want to try and take mine from one of my pre-existing sprites you can, I don't object to it.

Beyond that, you add the Shoop Da Whoop to the Pokemon's face (erasing parts of the face first if need be) and place it over their face, shading where their face is to show they're behind it.

And wait, is it firing AT something?

If so, you put the sprite over the Shoop Da Whoop and do the recoloring method...except pick a color that stands out like green or pink and recolor the ENTIRE thing that one, solid color. Then, I color in the separate sections the shaded color I designated for each color. And finally, add wide eyes.

If anything's confusing or you have any other questions, just ask.
will do,thanks:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Dude, you've only played it once and for like five minutes. Play for longer than that and then tell me if it sucks or not.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
from what you and andro talk about it sounds stupid, plus you know me and you should know that I wouldn't like that kinda game

Darkslash

Smash Master
No one CLAIMED it. That doesn't mean no one will do it. I have my plate pretty full, so even though no one's claimed it yet I don't think I'll claim it, but it'll go onto the pending list and we'll get to it.

If you want to do it still, obviously that's fine. And you can post them in here if you want.
Alright then. Thanks Firus. I got the Turtwig done but i can't think of a good name. I had Firtwig and Turchar, but then that sounds WAY to unoriginal. Plus Grotle is being a pain. I can't seem to find the right flame to get on the two bushes on the shell. Not sure if i should remove them or make my own fire. Plus because its a evolutionary line i gotta make descriptions for them as well...

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I'm a *****
Feed me cake
I'm a hot piece of trash

Sorry that was META-KIRBY, I'm friends with him irl.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Well, you might wanna try WoW then MK, its much better then Maplestory anyday, and there is a huge story behind it, along with 2 or 3 trilogies, 2 or 3 comic series, ext.... sure Burning Crusade sucked, but Wrath of the Lich King is just plain awesome. And Wow doesn't take that much system resources, you need 1 gig of ram and about 18gb of a harddrive to do it comfortably. (The harddrive is the biggest requirement, and I'm overshooting the recommended, but thats to factor in more patches ext...) And there isn't too much grinding in WoW anymore when Wrath comes out, due to the new championing system and everything. But I should stop talking. >.>

Oh, MK, I've got an idea for a torterra, maybe make him look steel/electric or psychic? Some types no one would think of, I think it might turn out cool.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No that really was me, sorry.
No offense, but for someone who's always complaining about spam and off-topicness in the shop...

Well, you might wanna try WoW then MK, its much better then Maplestory anyday, and there is a huge story behind it, along with 2 or 3 trilogies, 2 or 3 comic series, ext.... sure Burning Crusade sucked, but Wrath of the Lich King is just plain awesome. And Wow doesn't take that much system resources, you need 1 gig of ram and about 18gb of a harddrive to do it comfortably. (The harddrive is the biggest requirement, and I'm overshooting the recommended, but thats to factor in more patches ext...) And there isn't too much grinding in WoW anymore when Wrath comes out, due to the new championing system and everything. But I should stop talking. >.>
Holy crap! 18GB? I suppose it'd make sense, but still...
Yeah, I can't play it if that's true. I think I could eke out that amount of space but not much more, and I really don't want to cram up my hard drive...
In any case, yeah, let's drop the MMORPG talk. If MK wants to try it out or if you want to give him more information, you can continue via PM or whatever.

Oh, MK, I've got an idea for a torterra, maybe make him look steel/electric or psychic? Some types no one would think of, I think it might turn out cool.
I don't know if this is directly aimed at MK, and I know he's been doing some Torterras so it makes sense, but we have a rule against requesting things of a specific person for two reasons; if someone else wants to do it, they can't, and the person who's having things requested of them can end up overloaded with requests (which happened to Spire early on in the shop, spawning the rule).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Go to the critique cuz i have a new sprite for someone to tell me about
Okay, if you want to use the critique thread for sprite critiquing that's great. But if you want to get the attention of everyone in this thread, then just post it here, don't use this thread to advertise the other one.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Oh, anyone can make the toterra stuff, Sorry. And yeah, I'll drop the MMO stuff, just had to get my point across is all. (Not to mention I suffer from rambling from time to time.)

M.K

Level 55
@FirustheHedgehog

Sorry, me and my friend were messing around.

@MorphedChaos

I'll be happy to do your sprites. I'm a little busy right now, but you know what, I'll do them ASAP...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, an uber spammer has invaded SmashBoards. Let's pray he doesn't come here...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Don't worry Kirby, you don't need to do them ASAP, I'm not in a hurry, just reassurance that you'll do them is fine for me, since your a man of your word. No need to rush, take it at your own pace.

Top Bottom