• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'd reqeuest, but I'm trying to recover from a sudden loss of creative inspiration.
if I were you I would just find a render you like, and then close your eyes, listen to Apocalyptica, and then youll probably get like a picture in you head. just saying, not saying you have to but Apocalyptica has good synchronized chaos so it kinda worked for me.

A_man13

Smash Master
if I were you I would just find a render you like, and then close your eyes, listen to Apocalyptica, and then youll probably get like a picture in you head. just saying, not saying you have to but Apocalyptica has good synchronized chaos so it kinda worked for me.
Chosing a render is where I'm stuck in the first place. And it is really off topic.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
you could try it, but not post it:ohwell:

BK, don't worry, if youd like you can take one of mine, just tell me which

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i wish i could but in not in the shop...
Snucas, there isn't anything we can do about it. The shop is full and that's going to stay. Unless someone quits, no new mem is coming. Even then chances are slim. Zrky, the last mem, just got in because Spire stopped working. If someone else was toquit, we would still be able to maintain our selves.

zrky...can I have aerodactly/tourous?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Overload

Smash Lord
I would like to request a claydol/tentacruel fusion please. Could I also request an Evil Pidgeot as well?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
How about a Meganium-Drapion fusion? Any takers?
Ooh, sounds like a challenge. If Bowser doesn't want to take it, I will.

Snucas, there isn't anything we can do about it. The shop is full and that's going to stay. Unless someone quits, no new mem is coming. Even then chances are slim. Zrky, the last mem, just got in because Spire stopped working. If someone else was toquit, we would still be able to maintain our selves.
Well said, Bowser. Honestly, this thread was never meant to be even what it became. The original concept was just Spire and I collaborating on a Pokemon sprite thread. Then right off the bat, Bowser asked if he could join, and he was pretty cool and we were acquainted through the Poke Center already, so we let him join as well. From there on, I was reluctant to let people join, although that was just initially; I don't mind anymore. Then Spire stopped working on requests, and zrky had already been helping us out temporarily while one or more member couldn't work, so we decided to add him permanently. If Spire hadn't stopped fulfilling requests, zrky would still be our substitute spriter.

But really, that's not an exclusion. Honestly, I'd consider some of the dedicated visitors of the thread, especially guys like Skyler and Xace who've been with us since the first and second pages, respectively, to be as much members of the shop as anyone else. Truthfully, you guys, the requesters, are really important to the shop. Because, while this goes without saying, we wouldn't have gone anywhere without you guys.

Also, I'd just like to say I'm ashamed of the three of you that have conformed and put a Magikarp recolor as your avatar...you know who you are.
:p

A_man13

Smash Master

Well said, Bowser. Honestly, this thread was never meant to be even what it became. The original concept was just Spire and I collaborating on a Pokemon sprite thread. Then right off the bat, Bowser asked if he could join, and he was pretty cool and we were acquainted through the Poke Center already, so we let him join as well. From there on, I was reluctant to let people join, although that was just initially; I don't mind anymore. Then Spire stopped working on requests, and zrky had already been helping us out temporarily while one or more member couldn't work, so we decided to add him permanently. If Spire hadn't stopped fulfilling requests, zrky would still be our substitute spriter.

But really, that's not an exclusion. Honestly, I'd consider some of the dedicated visitors of the thread, especially guys like Skyler and Xace who've been with us since the first and second pages, respectively, to be as much members of the shop as anyone else. Truthfully, you guys, the requesters, are really important to the shop. Because, while this goes without saying, we wouldn't have gone anywhere without you guys.

Also, I'd just like to say I'm ashamed of the three of you that have conformed and put a Magikarp recolor as your avatar...you know who you are.
Man, if only people had as much interest in sigmaking as spriting. Most of the interest came and died with my sig shop. :(

That totally makes sense why you guys don't want more members. Ever heard of the All-Stars sig shop? It was taken over by spam the minute it started due to normal spam chat between members and the requesters which had doubled because of the extra members. In full swing it had 10+ members a day and gained about 5 pages a night. Course it somewhat died, but it was the bane of all existance for the longest time.

I really hope that the sprite shop comunity dosen't grow huge. One shop is enough to handle the very slight amount of requests you guys get as is. This is a fun place to chat (though it does get spammy at times) and, with extra shops, people might start quiting and you guys just might go out of buisness.

M.K

Level 55
O_O Well said, Firus.
I may not have been with this thread as long as some people, and I know that works against me sometimes, and I may be mean sometimes, and I may really want to tear a pigeon's head off and stuff it down EVERY one of your throat's sometimes and....

...what was I saying? Oh yeah, I love you guys =D
*big group hug*
*excludes bowser_king because his spikes were jutting into my cerebellum*
*decides he doesn't care if he dies, as long as we have the BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!!!*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Go ahead :). I'll take dark pegiot (spelling).

Ahhhh...the CPS history lesson. I still remember being the 1st poster and asking to join (the original post can still be seen through firus' quote). The days when you and some other people were the only ones to post in the PC. Then came spire and the PC got even better. Shortly, we got Xace, skyler, zrky and the rest. All that's happened in these 4-5 months was truly awesome.

I guess we've become such good friends that your ashamed of us ;P.

EDIT: MK!!!!

*hugs back*
*accidently uses flamethrower*

...oops :lol:

XACE-K

Smash Master
well i made it just for fun and i think it is my best

NO U CAN NOT USE IT ZOOK BECAUSE I AM NOT IN THE SHOP
and it isnt as good as the guys' here
Nice.

But really, that's not an exclusion. Honestly, I'd consider some of the dedicated visitors of the thread, especially guys like Skyler and Xace who've been with us since the first and second pages, respectively, to be as much members of the shop as anyone else.Truthfully, you guys, the requesters, are really important to the shop. Because, while this goes without saying, we wouldn't have gone anywhere without you guys.
You really mean that. Especially about me being a somewhat member. :D

I wuv you guys. Yes, including you zrky.
somewhat

Also, I'd just like to say I'm ashamed of the three of you that have conformed and put a Magikarp recolor as your avatar...you know who you are.:p
Agreed. Mewtwo is where it's at.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Man, if only people had as much interest in sigmaking as spriting. Most of the interest came and died with my sig shop. :(

That totally makes sense why you guys don't want more members. Ever heard of the All-Stars sig shop? It was taken over by spam the minute it started due to normal spam chat between members and the requesters which had doubled because of the extra members. In full swing it had 10+ members a day and gained about 5 pages a night. Course it somewhat died, but it was the bane of all existance for the longest time.

I really hope that the sprite shop comunity dosen't grow huge. One shop is enough to handle the very slight amount of requests you guys get as is. This is a fun place to chat (though it does get spammy at times) and, with extra shops, people might start quiting and you guys just might go out of buisness.
Yeah, I've heard of it and looked at it a little bit...doesn't look promising. I imagine they get a lot of spam, because...while the AE gets more traffic than the PC, they have about forty more pages than us and they started up a good month and a half after we did.

Also, I just read their "Big Shop Theory". Doesn't sound great either.

(No offense to you, Snucas, since I know you're a part of it.)

But yeah, I think it'd be nice if we could just keep the shop community pretty small. I don't want to sound mean by wishing no other shops would pop up, but if others pop up then it gets more competitive, and people will get offended because people went to one shop and not the other, etc.

O_O Well said, Firus.
I may not have been with this thread as long as some people, and I know that works against me sometimes, and I may be mean sometimes, and I may really want to tear a pigeon's head off and stuff it down EVERY one of your throat's sometimes and....

...what was I saying? Oh yeah, I love you guys =D
*big group hug*
*excludes bowser_king because his spikes were jutting into my cerebellum*
*decides he doesn't care if he dies, as long as we have the BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!!!*
*Contributes to group hug*
:D

Go ahead :). I'll take dark pegiot (spelling).
Heh, yeah. Pidgeot.
But thanks, I appreciate it.

Ahhhh...the CPS history lesson. I still remember being the 1st poster and asking to join (the original post can still be seen through firus' quote). The days when you and some other people were the only ones to post in the PC. Then came spire and the PC got even better. Shortly, we got Xace, skyler, zrky and the rest. All that's happened in these 4-5 months was truly awesome.

I guess we've become such good friends that your ashamed of us ;P.
Hm? I think Spire either came before I did, or we came at the same time...or I came shortly before.

No, wait. I checked it out by searching. Spire first posted in the Poke Center on April 22nd, I first posted on May 2nd (ironically, we both first posted in the same thread). So he was here first.

But yeah. Good times, good times...

You really mean that. Especially about me being a somewhat member. :D
Yup. You even enforce the rules for us. ;)

I wuv you guys. Yes, including you zrky.
somewhat
Right back at ya.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Very well said, Firus... except for the Magikarp part.

I was asked to make them for the Magikarp BRoomers. It's not going anywhere though, and frankly, I'm not a fan of having it as my avatar. I see it as performance art, and while I hope it does not go on any longer, it's not a means of conformity. I was the one who created it anyway.

A_man13

Smash Master
*Stares strangly at the hugging*

Even though I am a Karp (and was violently pulled from llama frineds for being both), I don't like karps. Game freek even got the sprite wrong; they are supposed to have lips the size of Texas.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Very well said, Firus... except for the Magikarp part.

I was asked to make them for the Magikarp BRoomers. It's not going anywhere though, and frankly, I'm not a fan of having it as my avatar. I see it as performance art, and while I hope it does not go on any longer, it's not a means of conformity. I was the one who created it anyway.
Ah. Well, then you're not conforming, and if you invented it, there's definitely nothing wrong with it. It was a joke anyways, I didn't really mean I was ashamed.

And plus my Magikarp is a different color than everybody elses'. I'M SO DIFFERENT!
Only vaguely. ;)
I don't have a Magikarp at all. So I'm even MORE different. (See what I did there?)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'M SO DIFFERENT!
so many ways i can't even begin:dizzy:my hamster's tired just thinking about the differences

*Stares strangly at the hugging*

Even though I am a Karp (and was violently pulled from llama frineds for being both), I don't like karps. Game freek even got the sprite wrong; they are supposed to have lips the size of Texas.
*pushes Austin into the group hug that's been going on for a couple hours*
well gamefreak started with pokemon for the purpose of making pokemon games. we should make a gyarados group saying "for people who are to good to be magikarp or grimer" and see how many people join. not making it a serious thing, but just to see how many people join

Firus, is your avi your place of residence (idk what else to call it)?
I have the best, my own sprite in FIRE(made by A_man of course)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, is your avi your place of residence (idk what else to call it)?
I'm glad you asked! (Because I know no one knew what it was.)

It's ACTUALLY from NewsRadio, which is an awesome TV show. It's from the first episode of the fifth season, which was about the death of the character Bill McNeal (due to the actor who played him, Phil Hartman, being shot by his wife in his sleep). Near the end of the episode, everyone walks by his desk individually and takes something off of it to remember him. Then the boss of the office goes over to his desk once everyone's left and gets his guys to take the desk away (so he can keep it to remember him). The episode ends with what my avatar is -- it focuses on his empty chair for a few seconds and fades to black.

But enough off-topicness.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Heh, yeah. Pidgeot.
But thanks, I appreciate it.

Hm? I think Spire either came before I did, or we came at the same time...or I came shortly before.

No, wait. I checked it out by searching. Spire first posted in the Poke Center on April 22nd, I first posted on May 2nd (ironically, we both first posted in the same thread). So he was here first.

But yeah. Good times, good times...
I was sure you came first. I swear I remember seeing you post 6 straight posts in every thread you could see :p. I guess spire is so awesome I forgot :dizzy:
We should have an old avi reunion. It would seem great to see spire with the cat avi again :p

And plus my Magikarp is a different color than everybody elses'. I'M SO DIFFERENT!
Mine is bowser coloured =O (it's also christmas....but that's not important :p)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The fact that no one said they loved me is disturbing at best.

:cry:

We thought it was common knowledge that we love you :p

<3 zook, but your location is stretching mah page >_<

uh...

i'm on a wobbuffet kick, so...

Dragonite + Wobbuffet
Thyphlosion + Wobbuffet
Lucario + Wobbuffet
I'll take the 1st 2

5000th Post!!!!!!!

Top Bottom