• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
skyler, I thought you said you weren't a jerk on the internet today 0_o YOU LIED...LIAAAAR

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just to spite Spire, I request a Pikachu fused with a Pirate and a Ninja.
I choose you Ninratechu! Or Pijachu, Pikarateja, Ninjachu, etc.

I would like to see it either way but it won't happen unless...

Evil scheme approaching.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
xace, it's OK, you didn't have to strain your brain so much trying to think of names, just give that poor hamster a break will ya!

zrky

Smash Lol'd
oops my bad, I guess I wasn't thinking and looking at my list =/
ill do it but first now looking at my waiting list, would anyone mind doing it instead?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If you guys are up for going back to the original 150, I wouldn't mind seeing a Blastoise Charizard Fusion. If it hasn't already been done ofcourse.

Infact:

Officially Official Request

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, the complete evolutionary line of Squirtle Wartortle and Blastoise fused with Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard.​

XACE-K

Smash Master
No problem, zrky, I enjoy spriting.

Introducing: Wobbutar!
lulz. It's awesome.

If you guys are up for going back to the original 150, I wouldn't mind seeing a Blastoise Charizard Fusion. If it hasn't already been done ofcourse.

Infact:

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, the complete evolutionary line of Squirtle Wartortle and Blastoise fused with Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard.​
An officcially official request huh? Sounds really important. Well it may take awhile until it's done with the other requests in the way and this is 3 fusions in one request but it'll look awesome.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Infact:

I'll take this, sounds like an interesting request.

And MK, Wobbutar is AWESOME. That has to be your best fusion yet, a notch above Aggpedo (although Aggpedo is still one of my favorites).

XACE-K

Smash Master
It's the same as here. They either are like "ZOMG cool no wai" or "This is wrong, and this, this too, etc."

But here is more awesome cause we got Zook.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I realize I said I'd have five sprites by last Friday on Monday, or Tuesday, or whenever...I thought I said by the end of the week. Either way, I failed that goal, and...ugh. So I'm going to try and make up for it by trying to pump out as many fusions as possible today.

Here's the first: Vibravuno.

I tried really hard to scratch those wings...I think the left one (Vibravuno's right) came out okay, but for the life of me I could not get that right wing right.
Note: This is why I don't scratch.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I realize I said I'd have five sprites by last Friday on Monday, or Tuesday, or whenever...I thought I said by the end of the week. Either way, I failed that goal, and...ugh. So I'm going to try and make up for it by trying to pump out as many fusions as possible today.

I tried really hard to scratch those wings...I think the left one (Vibravuno's right) came out okay, but for the life of me I could not get that right wing right.

Yeah, the right wing does look wrong but it's still okay.

And don't be too hard on yourself about the sprites. Just take your time with them. But don't hold off on them for like a month unless you're on vacation.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

It's good :).

You don't need to be so hard on yourself. Spire, zrk and kinda me aren't hard on ourselves because we don't do as much fusions. We all have a life (not saying you don't MK) and there are sometimes more important things come up.

...anyway, I hate scratching as well. Look at my chaos. None are scratched (though I did scratch the mouth on the turtwig chao).

-:bowser:Bowser King

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Pyro8maniac/Vibravuno.png

Practice makes perfect! I agree that the left is better than the right, but just keep practicing your scrathing until you get it right. You aren't going to get anywhere by "don't".
[/words of advice that I don't use myself, thus making me a hypocrite.]

Also, if anyone cares, there is a spriting community at Pokecommunity forums. Personally, I can't stand the place (ub nub nub nub nub), but I've seen some pretty good sprites there.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

actually I think your right wing is better, the left one looks too pointy........other than that it's AMAZING:bee:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

This one has got to be my fave so far. Simple and effective. What are you guys using to do these? And how more importantly? Just time?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's good :).

You don't need to be so hard on yourself. Spire, zrk and kinda me aren't hard on ourselves because we don't do as much fusions. We all have a life (not saying you don't MK) and there are sometimes more important things come up.

...anyway, I hate scratching as well. Look at my chaos. None are scratched (though I did scratch the mouth on the turtwig chao).

-:bowser:Bowser King
Yeah, I know, but...I mean, I started the shop and I used to be so reliable, and consistent, and dedicated, and I was happy when I was doing that. And I just...you know, whereas I used to do like, 1 every two days or so, I'm now doing one every 2 weeks.

But thanks for the compliment.

Practice makes perfect! I agree that the left is better than the right, but just keep practicing your scrathing until you get it right. You aren't going to get anywhere by "don't".
[/words of advice that I don't use myself, thus making me a hypocrite.]
Yeah, I know the more I scratch the better I'll get, but I still hate doing it.

actually I think your right wing is better, the left one looks too pointy........other than that it's AMAZING:bee:
Really? Well, thanks, zrky. I'm glad you like it. I could've just copy-pasted the wings, but they would've been small and I realized it was a perfect opportunity to try scratching.

This one has got to be my fave so far. Simple and effective. What are you guys using to do these? And how more importantly? Just time?
Spire and I (and possibly Bowser, I don't remember if he ever actually got it, I just remember him saying he was going to) use Photoshop, although I used to use Paint, and Bowser either still uses Paint, or used to use it. Mewter and zrky both use Paint. MK uses a mix of Paint and Paint.net, I believe.
(If I got anyone wrong here, just correct me. I'm not entirely up-to-date with what people are using.)

The point is, though, that you can do things with any graphics program, even Paint, which is widely underestimated.

How we do it is more simple than you'd think. We recolor and then mix and match parts, and depending on the fusion we may do some scratching. That's the basics of it.

For a more in-depth description, I'll quote MK when he posted a few links a while ago. They're pretty good.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^wow, a dragonmander.. that Wobbatar is awesome!

I really should visit this thread more, anyway how about a starter fusion featuring Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil or any of there higher evolutions in the same way.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

Yay my first one! One issue though. How'd you guys get transparency so you don't get the silly white box around your fusion? I just eyedropped the board colour...also..mine looks low qual in comparison..anything i am doin wrong?
Edit: It's Venomander btw.

A_man13

Smash Master

Yay my first one! One issue though. How'd you guys get transparency so you don't get the silly white box around your fusion? I just eyedropped the board colour...also..mine looks low qual in comparison..anything i am doin wrong?
Edit: It's Venomander btw.
The spriting is still a bit messy, but you are starting out quite well indeed.

As for me, *Points to first in sig that everyone has seen now*

So anyone following the election?

Top Bottom