• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

XACE-K

Smash Master
You never even knew Bazooka. Or Celebii for that matter. So shut up.
Well I've seen his posts before when I was a forum lurker back before I had an account. As for Celebii, I don't care about him/her/it/potato.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I finished the Super Rotom.

You know how there are Universal Remotes? This is like the Universal Appliance. (Thus the name.)

Now let me explain:

It's a refrigerator, obviously. In place of a freezer, however, there is a washing machine. It also rolls, and can act as a lawnmower. The most subtle part is the toaster; on the top, there is a dark line indicating the spot to insert toast, waffles, Pop Tarts, whatever and have them heated up. Also, the fan is absent. The reason for this is that it's not REALLY absent, but the fan from the original Spin Form Rotom acts as a cooling fan for the other appliances. Normally, you wouldn't need a massive fan to do that, but it's such a massive appliance with so many uses that it needs that huge fan internally inserted to do the job.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
...That may be the most ******** thing I have ever seen in my life. I mean, the sprite is well done and I give you props for how good you are at making those...But wow. A refrigerator Pokemon? I don't think that's possible even in the world of Pokemon lmao

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...That may be the most ******** thing I have ever seen in my life. I mean, the sprite is well done and I give you props for how good you are at making those...But wow. A refrigerator Pokemon? I don't think that's possible even in the world of Pokemon lmao
It's a fusion of all of the new Rotom forms. Since one of the new Rotom forms is a refrigerator, it is partially a refrigerator, yes.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait...They are all based off of household appliances?
Yep. There's Frost Form, the refrigerator, Spin Form, a fan, Cut Form, a lawnmower, Wash Form, a washer, and Heat Form, a toaster.

You can see them all here.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Thank you Firus. Now, can you please explain to me something else?

Can you explain to me the background stories of these Pokemon? There has to be a reasonable explanation for this absolutely stupid, ******** idea. This may be the worst idea Nintendo has ever had in the history of their career. I will refute that statement if you provide me with a reasonable explanation.

Please Firus, my opinion of Pokemon is resting on you.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well, there are other WTF Pokemon definitely. Drifloon for one...Cherubi? I mean, c'mon...A cherry!?! But this...this is just beyond all stupidity. A refrigerator? There better be a good explanation for this.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thank you Firus. Now, can you please explain to me something else?

Can you explain to me the background stories of these Pokemon? There has to be a reasonable explanation for this absolutely stupid, ******** idea. This may be the worst idea Nintendo has ever had in the history of their career. I will refute that statement if you provide me with a reasonable explanation.

Please Firus, my opinion of Pokemon is resting on you.
Well, it may not be a good idea to rest your opinion of Pokemon on me, since I'm inclined to agree with you that it's absolutely stupid.

But I'll explain. The new forms of Rotom are a result of Pluto, the new member of Galactic in Platinum. He apparently befriended Rotom when he was a child or something, and he tried hugging it, but it wasn't solid so he couldn't. As a result, he created 5 appliances set so that Rotom could possess them, allowing him to hug Rotom. Once you obtain the Secret Key, you can enter a room in the Eterna Galactic Hideout where these appliances are located. This is how you switch Rotom's forms.

Screenshots and more information on Form switching here.

So yeah, if possible, the background story only makes it even worse.

I have to agree. those are the first pokemon that make me say wtf. what, do they have some 7 year old making these?
No, worse. They have Game Freak employees working on it.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
That's actually not bad at all. I thought these Pokemon were just bred like normal, I was thinking, "Wow, how in the heck do you have a baby Pokemon come out as a toaster?" But this explanation actually makes sense. Phew, close call.

M.K

Level 55
That's actually not bad at all. I thought these Pokemon were just bred like normal, I was thinking, "Wow, how in the heck do you have a baby Pokemon come out as a toaster?" But this explanation actually makes sense. Phew, close call.
It is really perfect only for Platinum. If they had given Rotom these forms in Diamond or Pearl without any sort of backstory, it would have been highly critisized and misunderstood.
Now we understand why Rotom took control of appliances and what he gains from it. It might be just me, but who else sees more Rotom forms in the coming games? These 5 appliances can't be the ONLY ones that Rotom can incorporate into.
However, it did say that Pluto designed these appliances specifically for Rotom, and while his Pokedex entry states that he can take control of any appliance (and the fact that he's in the Old Chateau TV, which I do not presume was invented by Pluto) , it might be just exclusive to this generation.

Anyways, wow! That was a smart-ish logical sounding rant. Those are really rare for me X_X.

Hot sauce.

Anyways....

Introducing: Pareelix!

And just for teh lulz:

Introducing: Snorlett!

Mewter

Smash Master
It is really perfect only for Platinum. If they had given Rotom these forms in Diamond or Pearl without any sort of backstory, it would have been highly critisized and misunderstood.
Now we understand why Rotom took control of appliances and what he gains from it. It might be just me, but who else sees more Rotom forms in the coming games? These 5 appliances can't be the ONLY ones that Rotom can incorporate into.
However, it did say that Pluto designed these appliances specifically for Rotom, and while his Pokedex entry states that he can take control of any appliance (and the fact that he's in the Old Chateau TV, which I do not presume was invented by Pluto) , it might be just exclusive to this generation.

Anyways, wow! That was a smart-ish logical sounding rant. Those are really rare for me X_X.

Hot sauce.

Anyways....

Introducing: Pareelix!

And just for teh lulz:

Introducing: Snorlett!
heh, cool:)
I like the pareelix. It looks like a futuristic chrome bug. The thing that bothers me though is that expression.
As for the other....
The Snorlett looks too smug. Look at that wicked grin on its face.....:laugh:
It looks scratched. the style also makes it look paper-like.:)
I like it.

M.K

Level 55
interesting, but not your best, the face doesn't feel like it has the right colors, the rest looks good
try using the shiny dragonite colors, or mr. mime's colors
Um, I used the colors directly off the normal colored Dragonite, so it doesn't have different colors.
Unless it was Shiny Dragonite fusion, I wouldn't mix it with shiny Dragonite, and I didn't use Dragonite as a base with Mr. Mime's colors because the Dragonite sprite loses some of it's outline when you have the black around it. :ohwell:
Dam, I really liked it, too....

zrky

Smash Lol'd
im not saying it's bad, just saying that the colors look odd, and don't worry if it's not a shiny fusion or was it a request, cuz on the OP it's says we would use whichever looks best. I know, try making the torso orange and the face that creamy color:bee:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well, to ME personally, it looks better, but im just here to help;)
honestly, if you don't think it looks good then it's OK, I mean not everything is perfect right?
I KNOW, you can make one male and the other female:bee:

M.K

Level 55
well, to ME personally, it looks better, but im just here to help;)
honestly, if you don't think it looks good then it's OK, I mean not everything is perfect right?
I KNOW, you can make one male and the other female:bee:
Woohoo, Mr. And Mr. Nite, two different genders!
Of course the one with the orange face is the woman, because she's been standing in the kitchen all day, WHERE SHE BELONGS.

[/jokinghateonwomen]

Plus, the reason I went with the first color scheme is because Dragonite's "belly" is that cream color while his face is the orange. His "accessory" parts are that jade green.
...I like to keep consistency D=

EDIT2: WOW! My shop page is getting looooooooooooooooooooong.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
<3 Meta Kirby, such a good spriter. If you ever want to, and this isn't a request, just soemthing you can do if you feel like it... What would a Dragon type Gardevoir look like by chance?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

Wow, 314 pages, I've missed quite a bit.

This will have been my first request in a long time.

Magikarp + Arceus Fusion.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hey guys!

Wow, 314 pages, I've missed quite a bit.

This will have been my first request in a long time.

Magikarp + Arceus Fusion.
Why.... Why do you do this to us?.....
Called.:laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom