• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lol vanz almost blocked me while i was going through my picture phase.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
This is possible...but there's so much to learn from humans, how would a CPU by itself know what to "adapt" to and what not to "adapt" to. For example, why would they choose pivot grabbing and sticking grenades on people over something that most human players do like dash dance or quick grab the ledge or whatever else. I mean put it like this, that Diddy thing is really situational, it doesn't mean much. It's not even that surprising and the whole sticking grenades on people can also be situational, so can the Yoshi pivot grabbing. My point is this; most of these things we would only recognize them after we've learned them so that it seems like it was us that made the computers do this, when in reality it's most likely the computers doing situational stuff that looks like an advance tech at the moment or whatever and we attribute that to the CPUs learning.

My .02 cents :ohwell:

It would be funny if I'm wrong and they actually do learn...but I doubt it.
Over time my Ike CPU has attempted things I'd never seen a CPU do before, granted that may just be because I rarely if ever play CPUs to begin with. But aside from its apparent lack of DI it has started to (in no particular order)...

- Use quick draw to recover
- Stutter step, smashes and jabs (this one makes me scratch my head)
- Throw an aerial in the opposite direction when knocked off the stage (which is mostly just us trying to smash DI but the computer just registered the command I suppose)
- Jab cancel into grabs
- Jab cancel into tilts
- Ledgedrop counters
- Walk towards/away from people and wait for attacks to punish (which isnt new but when it just slowly saunters over and charges an up smash like I've been trying to do recently to bait dodges it makes my eyebrow raise)

Just the other day it canceled a blocked dash attack near the edge into a back air, which only recently has anyone attempted to do on my wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr8avBlogec

Now all of this is completely anecdotal since I can just as soon easy gimp an ike cpu all day but sometimes it makes a believer out of me.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Over time my Ike CPU has attempted things I'd never seen a CPU do before, granted that may just be because I rarely if ever play CPUs to begin with. But aside from its apparent lack of DI it has started to (in no particular order)...

- Use quick draw to recover
- Stutter step, smashes and jabs (this one makes me scratch my head)
- Throw an aerial in the opposite direction when knocked off the stage (which is mostly just us trying to smash DI but the computer just registered the command I suppose)
- Jab cancel into grabs
- Jab cancel into tilts
- Ledgedrop counters
- Walk towards/away from people and wait for attacks to punish (which isnt new but when it just slowly saunters over and charges an up smash like I've been trying to do recently to bait dodges it makes my eyebrow raise)

Just the other day it canceled a blocked dash attack near the edge into a back air, which only recently has anyone attempted to do on my wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr8avBlogec

Now all of this is completely anecdotal since I can just as soon easy gimp an ike cpu all day but sometimes it makes a believer out of me.
not sure if i mentioned this but most of the technical stuff i figured out by watching cpus. The cancelled dash attack thing was one of them. a ganon did it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
the thing is the CPUs have pre-set moves and the like. it just does moves which fits the situation the best. If a CPU grabs and throws up, it may choose to try and chain grab cause that's possibly the best situation. A CPU can't adapt because it doesn't have a brain, and you need a brain to adapt. Without a brain, it can't learn.

So really, it's just trying moves that may fit the situation best.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Friday, I'll try to gather my money and come. And my computer Ness plays like me...

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. I don't mind funny pictures. but like.. there was this guy.. I think his name was artieboy. anyway, he kept posting these annoying ***, highly UN-funny pictures of will smith with a small mouth and small eyes..

the worst part was it had captions as if will smith was saying something, but for some reason, he could not say the letter "I" and instead used "o."

ex. "O os Woll Smoth"

AAAAAAAAH!! I freaking lost my mind, and ignored him soooo fast.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not only that, but He did this at a CONSTANT level. spamming the same exact stuff each time. like around 7 times.

I was THIS close to ignoring him.

but instead reported his *** >_>

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I wonder who's wii has the best computers. We should test that some day.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I mean, since computers learn we face computers on different wiis, and try to see which ones are hardest.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
if anyone wants to train me in melee for 5 bucks at the next smashfest speak to me :)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'm still pretty sure that every Wii has a different type of computer player.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i cant beleive im losing to this jab spamming level 9 falco son im tight -_-

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
See that is what I mean, my falco doesn't spam jabs he just does other stupid stuff...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Forget level 9 CPUs. Their reflexes are unrealistically uber. If there is one frame for escape, they WILL escape.

Falco is a pain. My Level 9 CPU Falco jabs sparingly, but he

- SHL and Laser spams
- Edgehogs like crazy
- Knows when to Forward B to recover
- Knows how to use the hitbox behind him when using his upsmash
- Learned how to use Falco's Nair

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just got back from a tournament in CT. I got first going all Peach. Peach is too good for this game. Finals was against a snake/Meta player. He went to the finals without losing. I lost to this fox in winners but beat him in losers. He was the second person I fought in winners so I had to put in some **** to make it back on top. Even beat a spamming meta using tornado on luigi's mashion. I did something smart on that stage to beat him. I think people can figure it out.

I was so stressed and tired from all the hard work I had to do in losers. really beating the dude that beat me in winners. Then I made the finals and had to go through 7 games straight to get 1st. He got one game in, He got me bad at the start. I caught up greatly but got hit with an uptilt at 228% He went meta first and I 2 stocked it, so then he went snake, and I beat it as well. But he was doing better with snake than meta so he contiuned with snake.

I'm beat. I think I am the first Peach on the east coast to win a tournament? I'll look into that, But have not heard anyone on this side winning one with her. Feel like I made history, ha ha ha. But Yea, I repped N.Y with a PEACH. Woot!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
at ch33s3 tournaments Jan 10th IC's infinite is legal you guys going? -_-

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
sometimes when i lose to the cpu, i pause it before i fly out of stage and look around to see who whitnessed me getting ***** by cpu then i quit the game so it has no records of me losing. A clean gettaway

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
DPCH who did you beat?

I dont remember a few names just I'll just say (player and character)

A girl named Jen who picked me up from the station (pika)

Moon-Doggie- Fox Lost to him and then went to losers

Player- Ike/lucas

Player- Pit

The host of the tournament. I think is name was olimar389- Meta

Moon-Doggie- Fox

Icylight- olimar

Noodles- Meta/snake

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
hey crismas, is it possible if i could ask you to make me a Ike sticky and a Luigi too. How much is it? Of coarse if it isnt too much trouble

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
No need for me to make em' I already have them ready and waiting :). Unless you want a specific color.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
well do you have the uhhh lemme see the ike that has the same colors from Domo from G Gundam or do you customize it?

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
ok im sry i knew u wouldnt get it...lol ok it the Ike with a beige shirt and black pants with a red cape and head band, if u look at AiB and where i main, those are the colors i play with.

Top Bottom