• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so i'm tryin to get brawl at my venue ... but for monthlies ... i need to have a good number of people ... melee usually brings in 30-40 people everytime ...

the venue is amazing just ask anti and blackanese alex strife who were over there this weekend ...

also u can thank alex strife for telling me nyc needs a venue lol ... ok so gimme some posts people ... so i can show my boss and i can host some tournies for ya =]

o and YOU ARE WELCOME!

Alukard

Smash Hero
the first one will b in december if i can get enough people to post and say they are willing to come ... let me kno peeps

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wasn't this a discussion before?

in anycase, I dunno why there should be a Brawl monthly over there. Not because of traveling and such, it's just I rather ya have Melee over there...so ya can have a Melee spot to go to.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Rockin, if Alu didn't want to do it he doesn't have to. It's his Melee spot yes, and if he thinks it will conflict I'm sure he wouldn't do it.

I'll support the Brawl idea. The venue is spiffy.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, if Alu didn't want to do it he doesn't have to. It's his Melee spot yes, and if he thinks it will conflict I'm sure he wouldn't do it.

I'll support the Brawl idea. The venue is spiffy.
True, but like I said, I remember this brought up before. Not sure if Alukard was against it or not, but definitly remember several Melee heads were against it. In all honesty, I don't mind either way. I just don't want to hear any later regrets.

And I bet the venue is spiffy

EDIT: In either case, I don't mind there being a Brawl spot for Monthlies

Alukard

Smash Hero
the reason ... is that melee comes first because thats the only venue they have ... u guys have bums thing ... but also i might b able to make some money with the store owner ... so it will probably b the same $ payment as bums ...

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Alukard its a nice venue. but its in New Jersey and these are
NYC MONTHLAYS!
the best spot to hold these would be in manhattan.
always attracts huge crowds.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea but anti ... things would get hyped ... and that would mean people should b able to come out to it since its monthlies

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yea but anti ... things would get hyped ... and that would mean people should b able to come out to it since its monthlies
true that we neeed to hype it up for a while and give the tournament a name not just
nyc monthly.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah, hence the reason why there's a "Jersey City monthly" thread...it's not NYC but I'm hoping people from NYC will come to them because it's very close. Alex needs to update this thread because I know he has things coming up for NYC but I don't think they are monthlies.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
well the NJ monthlies will be muh big monthly for each month. since there are no nyc monthlies anymore

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Jersey city means I have to pay transportation costs :(

If it was in NYC I would go, but I don't feel like spending any more money on smash then I have to.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
True, but like I said, I remember this brought up before. Not sure if Alukard was against it or not, but definitly remember several Melee heads were against it. In all honesty, I don't mind either way. I just don't want to hear any later regrets.

And I bet the venue is spiffy

EDIT: In either case, I don't mind there being a Brawl spot for Monthlies
You're totally g@y Rockin.

If there are Monthlies for Brawl over there I'll try to support them Alukard.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hey Blackie!

Hey Blackanese "Aquarium" for GaW's nair should be renamed to "Fish Bowl" since it actually is a fish bowl with fish jumping out and definitely NOT an aquarium (we used the pause feature included in the game to figure this one out. You can pause by pressing the "start" button located in the middle of the Gamecube controller just incase you guys didn't know how to access this ingenious feature).

Also, Game and Watch's upsmash is now called the "Bioshock" (reference to the Big Daddy's in the game *_* obviously since they wear scuba gear..)

So yah..."Scuba Diver" for GaW's upsmash is now obsolete :bee: and has been replaced with "Bioshock(ed)"

kthnxbai

For the *******....

See the slight resemblance to a Scuba Diver suit?:ohwell:

And ugh...Hab's video was amazing lmao. Favorited ;)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
We should let Blackanese name all the moves in brawl and Melee. Then make them a standard for the Atlantic North.

Top Bottom