• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yoshi's Island (Melee) should be CP. Dedede can't chain throw off the Walk Off edges and the low ceiling is effective against lightweights, like Meta Knight.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wow not bad I havent read all of it but I will definitely take a look. Pictochat is not bad so if people want it you got it. I was just thinkin about all the things kirby can do and can infiinte down b or something like that. Either way ask NL he knows lol

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island shouldn't even be discussed; Pirate Ship should definitely be off, and Pictochat is iffy. On Pirate Ship, TL can just camp the water almost indefinitely and spike you if you go in. Also, the bombs kill you really easily.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Pirate ship leave on. Pictochat leave on. mario circuit off. yoshis island(melee) off. Japes CP. Defino CP. Pokemon stadium 1 is a neutral. Stop bytching about a windmill. No Eldins Bridge rockin. Stop being stupid.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm not being stupid, I'm just giving my thoughts/opinons about it. I did not think the bridge would be that much of a big deal ( except maybe Dedede'a chaingrabs, but your partner is there to back you up none the less.) Instead of insulting my logic, at least explain to me why it's not a good stage. I don't play teams often, but I know the basics and what you should do in teams. >>

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
that combo video wasn't that bad. the only thing i have to say is get ***** eli.
^_^ lolz u likey righty?

Yeah everyone else, check it out. Don't Neglect it cuz u know the other ROB "COMBO" videos on youtube is whack. Rockin and everybody else check it out

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm not being stupid, I'm just giving my thoughts/opinons about it. I did not think the bridge would be that much of a big deal ( except maybe Dedede'a chaingrabs, but your partner is there to back you up none the less.) Instead of insulting my logic, at least explain to me why it's not a good stage. I don't play teams often, but I know the basics and what you should do in teams. >>
Massive camping. U can camp in teams. Its been done before. Think about double pits or double falcos spamming arrows and lasers. Its stupid.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Massive camping. U can camp in teams. Its been done before. Think about double pits or double falcos spamming arrows and lasers. Its stupid.
Alright, thanks for telling me this

As said before, the singles stages may as well be the same for double's stage select. Pirate ship is a meh, since I don't have much knowlege on that.

As far as rules, along with the basics, there should be the Mages DQ rule and the color blind rule as well.

Two questions

1) How big is the store?

2) are there any stores around the place to go to (like a pizza shop, mc Donalds, etc. what's the area for food/drinks like)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Alright, thanks for telling me this

As said before, the singles stages may as well be the same for double's stage select. Pirate ship is a meh, since I don't have much knowlege on that.

As far as rules, along with the basics, there should be the Mages DQ rule and the color blind rule as well.

Two questions

1) How big is the store?

2) are there any stores around the place to go to (like a pizza shop, mc Donalds, etc. what's the area for food/drinks like)

havent seen the store but since its around union square theres no need to ask whats around it :-P

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGAPlS7ar5Y

This was the kid who got pirate ship banned at montage tournaments.........as u will see he lost.

well after seeing that amazing gayness...pirate ship BYE BYE

pitochat i'll leavee on...corneria i dunno yet

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Why ban pirate ship because a few people are asshats on the stage? That's like banning rainbow cruise or halberd because someone picked a floater on it. Nothing on that stage is a detriment that you can't foresee to begin with and frankly if some dickface wants to goof off in the water the more power to them, I'd be the first one with my ragnell dropping their *** into the murky depths if I have to. With all the bull**** that gets away scot-free in this game I don't think it's unreasonable to tell someone ot stay out of the water, the ship itself takes up like 75% of the screen. Counterpicks aren't designed to be fair, that's why they're counter picks...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@Rykoshet:CPs are supposed to give characters advantages, but they have to be fair advantages. If they aren't fair, the stage gets banned. Case in Point, Yoshi's Island 64 in Melee.
You wouldn't be able to defeat me on any of these stages. Period. Not because I'll do anything skilled persay, but simply because, like on Yoshi 64, I'll laser camp, run away when you come to the cloud, the cloud will disappear, you will fall to your death, and the process will repeat. Even if you don't die, you'll be stuck on the far right cloud while I'm safely, and still, laser spamming you from the main stage. There is nothing you can do to win unless you want to pick Fox or Ness, but even so its risky, one mistep, 2% damage, and thats the game.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Like I said, I don't think it's unreasonable to tell someone to stay away from a quarter of the stage, on the sides, which players generally are trained to avoid in the first place anyway. If someone is adamant about their inability to avoid an obvious death zone that's why personal stage bans/strikes are added. I strike Rainbow cruise even though I hate yoshi's island because none of the characters that I play excel there, removing the option completely when the advantage there is far from unfair is ridiculous. Furthermore it's not like people can't move in the water to avoid the incoming move, then recover, people just see someone in the water as a sitting duck and the issue perpetuates itself because cooler heads do not prevail and everyone is trying to edge out that 1 extra move.

Alukard

Smash Hero
its cuz i main ike that its off ... right RIGHT!!!!

lmfao ... i'm bored .... hey ryko we still have halberd and the rest of those stages ... w.e f smash kills *leo voice "everywhere"*

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Hanenbow is **** regardless and the other 2 cause matches to take longer htan the limit regularly if played right so your comparison while valid is an unreasonable extreme.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Telling yourself not to be in that situation is one thing. Your opponent using tactics to lure/make you go to that spot is a different story.

There's several things to consider with Pirate ship.

- camping the left edge of the ship

- spikers dunking you in the water constantly

- background (the bombs firing at you) can be a hazzard and could be annoying at high damage.

EDIT: I just remembered something.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Telling yourself not to be in that situation is one thing. Your opponent using tactics to lure/make you go to that spot is a different story.

There's several things to consider with Pirate ship.

- camping the left edge of the ship

- spikers dunking you in the water constantly

- background (the bombs firing at you) can be a hazzard and could be annoying at high damage.
wow its not that hard to run around on that stage i mean look at the match nl posted ... ike has 0 projectiles and he still came thru and won against yl who has a really good spam game ... pirate ship isn't bad ... at least it should b on for doubles

and for ur points rockin

-camping plays such a big part in this game ... if u dont camp properly u LOSE point blank ... u may get to 5th place at a tourney but ur sure as hell not winning it

-this game has sooo many defnese options its not even funny ... theres more defense then offense ... so u shouldn't b having trouble getting spiked ... i mean thats why people go crazy when someone actually gets spiked

- the bombs NEVER hit ontop of the plats on the mast of the boat ... QUIT LIFE if ur seriously saying i can actually sit at a corner and make u come to me lmfaooo ... cuz then that would mean ur definitely weak minded ... and u shouldn't play this game period

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
wow its not that hard to run around on that stage i mean look at the match nl posted ... ike has 0 projectiles and he still came thru and won against yl who has a really good spam game ... pirate ship isn't bad ... at least it should b on for doubles

and for ur points rockin

-camping plays such a big part in this game ... if u dont camp properly u LOSE point blank ... u may get to 5th place at a tourney but ur sure as hell not winning it

-this game has sooo many defnese options its not even funny ... theres more defense then offense ... so u shouldn't b having trouble getting spiked ... i mean thats why people go crazy when someone actually gets spiked

- the bombs NEVER hit ontop of the plats on the mast of the boat ... QUIT LIFE if ur seriously saying i can actually sit at a corner and make u come to me lmfaooo ... cuz then that would mean ur definitely weak minded ... and u shouldn't play this game period
I have no problem with this stage, since I don't even pay mind to it. I'm just saying MY REASONS as to WHY they want it banned. There could be reasons more logical then mine as to why it's not a good stage.

Top Bottom