• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Street fighter 4 is fighting game perfection. i played it and i can literally say nothing bad about it.
More than what can be said about SC4. Full of dam spammers. Yay I **** you because I spam a move and win with frame data, then when you finally expect to GI it I grab and ring you out. YAY IM PRO AT SC4 :ohwell:

*is mad that he lost online to spammers*

...*tear*

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
More than what can be said about SC4. Full of dam spammers. Yay I **** you because I spam a move and win with frame data, then when you finally expect to GI it I grab and ring you out. YAY IM PRO AT SC4 :ohwell:

*is mad that he lost online to spammers*

...*tear*
lol i still want SC4 though Along with of other great games out @ the moment.
i think i can put up with spam in that game.

BTW what console you got it for?

soul ark

Smash Ace
street fighter and tekken six are just plain beautiful

oh and names that are more like zenith

infinity
affinity(sounds the same different meaning)

maby later on today i'll come up with something

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... Don't use "I Need Scissors! 61!" or "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo" cause those are my names. LOL.

Might I recommend names like Deus Ex Machina, I like cereal, Freaking Sweet, or Destroy us All?

I'm not that good at naming things.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hiri-kiri rock... I need scissors! 61!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
lol i still want SC4 though Along with of other great games out @ the moment.
i think i can put up with spam in that game.

BTW what console you got it for?
Yah if you like spam then SC4 is for you but uhh I got it for 360. Horrible console for fighters, everyone knows the D-pad on the 360 is trash....*sigh*

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Yah if you like spam then SC4 is for you but uhh I got it for 360. Horrible console for fighters, everyone knows the D-pad on the 360 is trash....*sigh*

do what my friend did switch it with a s-controller xbox controller

This Saturday I am going to get the final word ( though its pretty much set and he is ok with it I want to physcially have him tell me its ok to be on the safe side ) so far we will have monthlies with

$5 venue fee
$5 singles
$5 Doubles per person

I think that is extremely reasonable for the venue. More likely than not I will see how Oct 18th pulls people in. From there I will assist in running these tournaments ( aka I WILL run them ) and if it goes well I will keep running them and help the store get Tube tvs for cheap and build the inventory up.

As You all should know PnT has LCDS for now. I would ask that everyone who HAS component cables please help out and bring them and assist in getting everything as tolerable as possible. Again I know the possiblity of lag will be there but once I provide them with a well ran event they will be happy to use the venue fee to purchase more televisions.

So at this point I guess just talk about it. Just a heads up I WILL be changing the rules to more ECRC/SBR rule-sets or even using Montage depending on the stage lists. So if you guys would like to discuss that go ahead.

Here is my Stage list so far

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Norfair

Banned Stages:

* Green Hill Zone
* Distant Planet
* Mario Cicuit
* Bridge of Eldin
* Skyworld
* Mushroomy Kingdom
* Rumble Falls
* Spear Pillar
* Port Town: Aero Dive
* Shadow Moses Island
* 75m
* Mario Bros Arcade
* The Summit
* Flatzone 2
* WarioWare Inc.
* New Pork City
* Yoshi's Island (old)
* Hyrule
* Big Blue
* Onett
* Great Sea

DEBATED STAGES

* Corneria
* Pictochat

* Luigi's Mansion

For me pitochat is iffy only because, like rainbow cruise, the stage changes throughout the match and using that justification I would keep it as a counterpick but seeing the things kirby can do leads me to ban it.

Corneria I will say this. It helped me win a match but I felt like this was not a good thing. I mean it does cause wall infinites but it is a counterpicked stage so it can go either way for me personally.

Luigi's Mansion...one word...planking...thats all you have to say. The stage allows EXTREME camping but again its not that bad as a CP.

Those are my three stages I would really have an issue with. If anyone has any input for doubles or singles stages let me know through here.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Yey havn't posted in like a month.

I say pictochat for counterpick is good. mansion banned and corneria is eh. too many people have advantages there so i don't care if its on.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok sooo its not going good for my venue i already talked to alex about it all ... i'm going to come and support his monthlies too ^_^ ... mainly to see everyone ... =]

EDIT ... ban luigi's and corneria should only b on for doubles imo ... picto looks fine

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Picto and Luigis mansion should be counterpick def imo. But, then again do you remember that thing Seibrik showed us on Picto? I'm not sure how I feel after that...

Uhh can I do cool advertisement designs for the monthlies? Hehe.

ALUKARD WHAT!!! Not going good, WHAT!

OMG WHAT!...

=(

Alukard

Smash Hero
Picto and Luigis mansion should be counterpick def imo. But, then again do you remember that thing Seibrik showed us on Picto? I'm not sure how I feel after that...

Uhh can I do cool advertisement designs for the monthlies? Hehe.
can u do some for my bi weeklies O_o' ??? =]]]]

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Delfino as a counterpick is...somewhat understandable, even though I do see it as a neutral (or a soft neutral).

Quick question. why is Pokemon Statium 1 a counterpick? and why is do you feel Pokemon statium 2 is a counterpick? I'm curious, especially the second one, since it plays with the physics of the characters.

I see Pictochat as some sort of counterpick. then again, there's just so much randomness going that can mess you up. What exactly happened Crismas?

Corneria, I don't like it cause Ike players like Silven can counterpick it against me XD. Still, I see no issue with this. There is a wall of pain, just like Melee. Sure, you can get jab-locked there, but it's gonna be banned anway (it should be banned, anway)

Luigi's Mansion is a good stage for spammy projectile players, but it is campy... (I still remember Eli's Vs. Starz match way back XD)

Oh, here are some rules that should be put into use

1) The color blind pick

2) The mages DQ rule.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
For picto it's that Kirby BS. I think there might be a couple other characters he said that can do it, personally I've never seen anyone use it but you never know. I kinda don't mind Picto otherwise. The hazards don't make it COMPLETELY unplayable but they're annoying nonetheless.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Pokemon stadium 1 has parts of it where semi-infinites will happen. plus the windmill.

Luigi's mansion people will get planked. Hell If its a counter pick I wont be afraid to do it. remember i second metaknight :]

So bann it for the sake of people who don't wanna get planked

Corneria is good for too many characters such as marth, ike, metaknight, dedede, g&w, and a bunch of others. so eh.

Stadium 2 I personally like the stage so eh :]

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Stadium 2 is all kinds of bad, but i'll get decent on it

Corneria is a double edge for half the cast. Sure gay things are possible on it.. just dont put yourself in a position to become the victim...

Luigis... Keep it in. even if heads are going to "plank' keep it in and find a way around it...

Pictochat is fair. random enough to help / hurt anyone the same

* wonders about kirby thing on that stage *

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As far as team stages, it shouldn't be changed much. Maybe Bridge of Elden and Mario Circute be counterpicks. Also, Jungle Japes is a counterpick, right?

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
As far as team stages, it shouldn't be changed much. Maybe Bridge of Elden and Mario Circuit be counterpicks. Also, Jungle Japes is a counterpick, right?
Bolded for fail.

Even in teams i garantee you my tax return people will get gayed via chaingrab...

and thats just the beginning of the stupidity that will happen on those stages.

Lets not forgot how huge bridge is... * ducks laser, waddle, missile, etc *

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Please no bridge of elden thats ridiculous mario circuit i'd say no to as well.

Japes wasnt on the list but should be counter tho.
Why no bridge? It has epic music selections >:

EDIT: Meh, fine lol

in anycase, i guess the team selection will be exactly the same as the singles selection then. every other stage is either gay, bad stage build, scrolling, too much physics being controlled (I'm looking at you spear pillar) or just has crappy music selection =/

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
oh he would, HaB would def throw a fattie at you Rockin.

Good to see that something is happening again, although lately I've been venturing back into Melee a lot, (I MISSED MY MEWTWO) and its to good lol, playing Brawl at weeklies actually taught me stuff that I have transfered to melee, and I feel so much better at Melee now (I can almost keep up with Soup at Hofstra now). My falco is still a wreck tho and I keep trying to dash attack upsmash cancel : /

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
i have been gone a while cause my computer died and my phone joined it but all is well now what did i miss Weeklys canceled?

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
pretty much, Bum got fired for stupid reasons that arent his fault, so we have been with out NYC Smash tournys for almost 5 weeks now, although Alu was able to get his Melee Bi-weeklies running somewhere in NJ. And now I shall double post : /

Top Bottom