• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
MvC2 uses hack to change colors? I didn't know that

Now, back to the topic. The thing, I feel kinda weird when I play a hacked game, considering I played everything normal with it's faults and such. It would feel like I'm 'cheating,' in a sense. I don't feel bad about tripping at all, even though I've been caught by a number of things. (Ex. Vanz's DDD Vs. My Meta knight. The very start of the match, Hwe throws a gordo the same time I tripped, which hits me. Vanz: 'Ewwwww...horrible way to start XD'). Despite this, I don't mind going into a community with no tripping, but at the same time, I don't really want my Wii hacked >>;; for that code.

My only concern is this: How would you convince the W2z boss with their Wiis? Also, if we was to do it at another venue, if they don't have a computer, how you plan to do it with their Wiis?

Really, if I do want my Wii hacked, it'd only be to get more selections on the stages. I'd like to hear 'Tal Tal Heights' on FD, or maybe 'Ashely's song' and Mona's song' on Battlefield, or many more on several other stages.

My choice of music will be top tier. :D

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
MvC2 uses hack to change colors? I didn't know that

Now, back to the topic. The thing, I feel kinda weird when I play a hacked game, considering I played everything normal with it's faults and such. It would feel like I'm 'cheating,' in a sense. I don't feel bad about tripping at all, even though I've been caught by a number of things. (Ex. Vanz's DDD Vs. My Meta knight. The very start of the match, Hwe throws a gordo the same time I tripped, which hits me. Vanz: 'Ewwwww...horrible way to start XD'). Despite this, I don't mind going into a community with no tripping, but at the same time, I don't really want my Wii hacked >>;; for that code.

My only concern is this: How would you convince the W2z boss with their Wiis? Also, if we was to do it at another venue, if they don't have a computer, how you plan to do it with their Wiis?

Really, if I do want my Wii hacked, it'd only be to get more selections on the stages. I'd like to hear 'Tal Tal Heights' on FD, or maybe 'Ashely's song' and Mona's song' on Battlefield, or many more on several other stages.

My choice of music will be top tier. :D
Just hack it and stop bein a noob. It isnt hard. Its not just for this game. Theres WAAY more u can do with the homebrew channel besides 'Ocarina'.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
There shud be a hack for wavedashing....or there shud be a hack that modifiers air dodge so u dodge like how it is in melee. once that code is in then wavedashing comes back

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There shud be a hack for wavedashing....or there shud be a hack that modifiers air dodge so u dodge like how it is in melee. once that code is in then wavedashing comes back
We should accept the physics in the game andnot add any Melee related stuff like wavedashing. ><;; There's other mysteries in the Brawl game that could benifit us just as much or more then wavedashing.

Also NinjaLink, I'm not being a n00b. I just like and accept how it is. >> And I know there's so many stuff you can do with homebrew in other games. infinite lives, custom colors, the works.

I just...like things simple and it's original state. I'd so trade in a Golden-looking Zelda limited edition N64 system for the plain old looking black N64 system. I dunno, I'm just weird. XD

You should know I like original stuff anyway by the colors I pick with different characters XD

R3N0

Smash Lord
LOL You guys are still talking about BRAWL

lame!

I haven't checked this thread in 4ever b/c the No Johns bi-weekly thread is like the new hotspot to hangout for melee heads.

ANYWAY

Yo, people who "just" hack the tripping hack can hack other things I'M SURE OF IT.
You don't know until you start playing, they could be subtle. For instance, (this is also just talking in logical temrs here) Oh ok the hacker the allowed people to make it so there is no tripping.. changes the code so that.. I dunno, Snake's uptilt did 3-5% more dmg, or more knockback. It's subtle changes that you don't know about during a tournament match.

Or anything to that extent, if you play Brawl as a "modded" game. There is NO point.

Alukard

Smash Hero

lame!

I haven't checked this thread in 4ever b/c the No Johns bi-weekly thread is like the new hotspot to hangout for melee heads.

ANYWAY

Yo, people who "just" hack the tripping hack can hack other things I'M SURE OF IT.
You don't know until you start playing, they could be subtle. For instance, (this is also just talking in logical temrs here) Oh ok the hacker the allowed people to make it so there is no tripping.. changes the code so that.. I dunno, Snake's uptilt did 3-5% more dmg, or more knockback. It's subtle changes that you don't know about during a tournament match.

Or anything to that extent, if you play Brawl as a "modded" game. There is NO point.
DAM YOU .... i was about to post that lol ... u can't stop a cheater if u all are cheaters ... basically lol

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
We should accept the physics in the game andnot add any Melee related stuff like wavedashing. ><;; There's other mysteries in the Brawl game that could benifit us just as much or more then wavedashing.

Also NinjaLink, I'm not being a n00b. I just like and accept how it is. >> And I know there's so many stuff you can do with homebrew in other games. infinite lives, custom colors, the works.

I just...like things simple and it's original state. I'd so trade in a Golden-looking Zelda limited edition N64 system for the plain old looking black N64 system. I dunno, I'm just weird. XD

You should know I like original stuff anyway by the colors I pick with different characters XD
Not what i meant........guess u cant read........Im talkin the homebrew channel in general. Guess u didnt understand when i said theres WAAY more than just ocarina........boy.........glasses.......WHO KNEW....:urg:

cba

Smash Master

lame!

ANYWAY
*check alukards thread*
*unscribes from this one*
*lives happily ever after*

NAAHH J/K

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not what i meant........guess u cant read........Im talkin the homebrew channel in general. Guess u didnt understand when i said theres WAAY more than just ocarina........boy.........glasses.......WHO KNEW....:urg:
Key, first of all, I actually DO wear glasses. 90% of the time I don't wear them cause I just hate them in general >>

Second of all, I just misread it.In anycase, I know there's so much you can do with the homebrew. I've seen what it can do on a youtube video. It's just...my only thing I just want to hack is for the Ocarina. Everything else doesn't interest me as much. (Keep in mind, I don't mind playing a non-tripping game. I just don't want it taken off on my Wii >>)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Key, first of all, I actually DO wear glasses. 90% of the time I don't wear them cause I just hate them in general >>

Second of all, I just misread it.In anycase, I know there's so much you can do with the homebrew. I've seen what it can do on a youtube video. It's just...my only thing I just want to hack is for the Ocarina. Everything else doesn't interest me as much. (Keep in mind, I don't mind playing a non-tripping game. I just don't want it taken off on my Wii >>)
Be aware u can download VC games for free.....but thats for another time.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
And yet all these times you've placed horribly at weeklies you haven't used your lack of glasses as a vision john.

You're too busy johnning on your controller.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
And yet all these times you've placed horribly at weeklies you haven't used your lack of glasses as a vision john.

You're too busy johnning on your controller.
Oh please XD There's no need to john about lack of vision if I can see who I'm facing and the character they pick (Though I wish I can see Snake's disjointed hitboxes...>>)

Also, I hate making johns. Johns = excuses, and I can't make excuses if I know what I'm walking in. I'll take whatever's thrown at me and will say 'Good game'. Also, I don't john about my controller. You tried many times to convince me to john about my 3rd party controller when it actually seemed just fine lol. I think the only other person that liked it was Vanz lol

EDIT: Something I want to add. My computer has suffered through the 'blue screen of death,' so I can't really talk to everyone on AIM at the moment. I've been typing and posting through here using the Wii system. So till further notice, the only way of contact is by my home phone or by PMing me. Sometimes, I MAY be on AIM, but that's usually because the Wii sometimes let me through.

Also, if anyone ask, NO...my computer didn't screw up because of ' pictures.' =_=

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Jeez it gets to a point where I get annoyed. Ok you don't like Brawl do I need to hear this every ****ING TIME. Do not play it and just let it be. I was gonna post this whole thing about how annoyed I am but I will keep it simple

tripping hack - you cant trust ANYONE...when ppl like manacloud steal money and inui + Bailey rig brackets do you really trust someone NOT to **** with the game to their favor..w/e until its fool proof i wont buy it.

Meh enough of my rants I just get annoyed I <3 you all just stop *****ing ok it makes my head hurt.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
tripping hack - you cant trust ANYONE...when ppl like manacloud steal money and inui + Bailey rig brackets do you really trust someone NOT to **** with the game to their favor..w/e until its fool proof i wont buy it.

Meh enough of my rants I just get annoyed I <3 you all just stop *****ing ok it makes my head hurt.
LOL what proof do you have of this? none. seriously, nobody stole money from anybody at that tournament, unless you count MM's. You weren't there, you wouldn't know, stop jumping on a pointless bandwagon.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
LOL what proof do you have of this? none. seriously, nobody stole money from anybody at that tournament, unless you count MM's. You weren't there, you wouldn't know, stop jumping on a pointless bandwagon.
The point he's trying to make is that not everyone can be trusted. There's gonna be at least one person that's gonna tweak the Wii in their favor.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Sigh.... if only you could hack melee to make Fox less of a flaming butt pirate.... oh well.

Oh, and I'm gonna need some instructions on how to get virtual console games for free, meesta NL.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

and you are LOL...i love randoms

Alukard

Smash Hero
Wow, NYC players are b!tches. There's no reason for anyone to not get the hack. For those who don't know you can still play the game without the hack after you get it on your system. The hack is a add on you could toggle.
sheesh didn't anyone read reno's post ... it makes sense ... people would cheat if they can ... and thats a way right there

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
yea we might need people to watch the wiis or who ever bring a wii in cant play on there own wii. that makes since

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
-_- backup accounts are so lame. refer to silvens post a while back.

and i agree 100% the game isn't made for competitive nature as it is. Which is why doubles is a lot more fun, camping is way too rewarding. people really think the only problem with the game is tripping now? and you're really going to trust people.

slightly tweaked hitboxes, grab boxes, invincibility frames, you have access to the whole game when you pull that mess... and you guys really wanna do that and through tourneys? by all means. just my 2 cents.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You guys are CONFUSED Read as much as possible if you are to take part in discussio

OK LET ME CLEAR UP MANY OF THE MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE HACK

A lot of you guys are confused about how the hack works and how it is applied to the game...

-First off let me say this....It is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a permanent hack...the only way Hacks are applied is if you run Brawl from Ocarina(the custom program run from the SD with the cheats in it) With that said...you can run the game 100% normal if you run it from the disc channel...

-The Wii itself is NOT HACKED......All that is required is to have the Homebrew Channel installed...that in itself is a standalone (that means it doesn't interact with ANYTHING at all and doesn't change anything with your Wii) Wii channel that was made by a bunch of amateur programmers. But don't let the word "amateur" fool you...these aren't your run of the mill basement dwellers. These guys are actually amazing programmers and coders that know EXACTLY what they are doing to be able to make an unlicensed Wii channel with moving graphics and everything. The Homebrew Channel looks amazing for what it is..just Youtube it if you want to see. It looks like a REAL Wii channel....it is...but of course it isn't licensed. THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT SEPERATES IT FROM A CHANNEL like The Mario Kart Channel

-The channel works like any other channel except it is used to run "homebrew" programs...in our case... "Ocarina".

-Ocarina is the program we need to edit specific sections of coding in the game similar to Action Replay where you change elements of the game via a Hex editor.

NOW THIS IS HOW OCARINA WORKS AND THIS IS HOW YOU PREVENT PEOPLE FROM CHEATING!!!

What Ocarina does when it starts is....it checks your DVD drive (the Wii's disc drive...) for the game you have. It will identify it ...in our case Brawl. It should be something along the lines of RSBE...anyway that doesn't matter. The point is it will identify the game and CHECK THE SD CARD FOR CHEATS. IT WILL ONLY CHECK AND APPLY THE CHEATS ONCE!!!

Yes...so what do you think that means...? well for starters....it means we can load the same exact cheats for every single Wii there with ONE SD card. This SD card will be loaded with only one cheat. "Tripping Rate Modifier" with the tripping rate set to 0..... That's it. Nobody can cheat and have their own personal collection of cheats because only THAT "TRUSTED" SD card will be checked. That SD card will most likely be someone trusted.

I know some of you guys are confused right now so ....

IN A NUTSHELL

1. Either I, Ninjalink, Alex, or anyone else that is trustworthy brings their SD card with the tripping rate modifier cheat written to that card. ONLY THAT CHEAT AND NOTHING ELSE

2. A bunch of people brings their Wii's with Homebrew channel installed (once again ANYONE CAN INSTALL THIS CHANNEL. YOU DO NOT NEED A MODCHIP. ALTHOUGH HAVING A MODCHIP MAKES IT MUCH MUCH EASIER, YOU CAN ALMOST JUST AS EASILY INSTALL IT WITHOUT A MODCHIP VIA THE TWILIGHT HACK.)

3. Whoever is in charge starts Brawl from the Homebrew channel with the SD card in one Wii...then they remove the SD card once the game has started and move on to the next..and to the next..until all Wii's are running Brawl with the Tripping Rate Modifier applied. (This shouldn't take more than 3-5 minutes at most)

4. If someone turns off their Wii and attempts to restart Brawl again from the Homebrew channel they MUST use the SD card that was originally used...just to be safe

5. Let's say someone is in doubt and has suspicion that the Wii owner might have added extra hacks for a specific player slot through their SD card....we would simply restart the Wii and do the process over with the trusted SD.

With this method there is no possibility of cheating as only one SD card is used to apply the cheats.

And RENO

You cannot individually edit moves to have 4-5% more damage. That is wayyyyy too specific. The way Hex editing works we will probably never EVER find out how to manipulate specific moves. Look at like this....even if they did find out what section of the coding houses the coding for the moves nobody in their right mind will sift through literally 100's of different possible moves to find out how to change them...even to the slighest extent. Maybe you didn't know but the way these codes are found is through a very painstaking session of hardcore trial and error. Some SNES emulators allow you to create very simple custom cheats similar to the way USBGecko lets you edit coding for Wii games.

That should clear everything up for those of you who haven't experimented with it yet.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
most intelligent thing you said the whole time.

Either way I am right...but then again i know about more back room ishy but lets not get into that lol

Silven : it is true what you are saying its just a matter of getting that to be a standard. It will take a lot of time and trust earned to achieve it...again refer to inui and what he has done or other brackets that have been rigged...its not about it being good or bad...its helpful but its the matter of HOW it will be used...kinda like the force lol.

I am going to play N trade to see how much it is to rent their space and just speak with them a little bit before I head to CH4. If anyone is willing to go call me at 1 at 646 842 0950 . I need someone who knows WTF they are talking about and can just keep me company as I do my magic XD

Top Bottom