• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Can anyone possibly help me with a ride to CH4? I can provide a GPS and gas money :)
Dam you are REALLY looking for a ride posting this in like 3 4 threads :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Good luck with that man ;)

The asian people on buses don't decapitate you .....

They just screw you for the rides you paid for T_T.

cba

Smash Master
im dying to go to a weekly and get ***** (in smash). and then try to step up my game, and loose and then chill.
seriously ive been in the weeklys like 3 times.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
hi guys, i wanted to start smashing with some ppl around nyc. i'd like to go to the weeklies, but the first post says they've been cancelled? is there still some place to go?

Aran

Smash Apprentice
aww that's too bad. i have class right next to web2zone, so that would've been nice.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we are working on talking with w2z...hey anyone wanna meet up with me sometime friday and speak with play and trade from what i heard they are not that bad and something and probably be worked out for the mean time.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
we are working on talking with w2z...hey anyone wanna meet up with me sometime friday and speak with play and trade from what i heard they are not that bad and something and probably be worked out for the mean time.
Sure given that they are literally THE NEXT DOOR DOWN FROM MY BUILDING!

Also, Aran, where is your class?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Count me in =D

HAB, you're seem to be top tier at being at the right place at the right time. Seriously, what's your secret?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
HAB, you're seem to be top tier at being at the right place at the right time. Seriously, what's your secret?
Go to school, do your homework, don't get ****ed up every weekend when you're in high school, make sure your parents don't make TOO much money, get a scholarship to NYU.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Cooper Union. You? And I can go on friday, depending on what time it is.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Its funny cause ppl knew that for a long time.....at least i did.....but ok. I shown more technical skill then this........DO BETTER RAWR!!!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
If u remember in melee, Yoshi and Peach had double jumps that dived toward the ground which cancelled the jump..........its the same thing.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well its not technically DJC. DJC is when u attack to cancel ur jump. Theres no other input besides double jumping really fast. No attack is inputted.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The way they use it.....no reason except for a psuedo glidetoss. They dont show u can jump the other way for a simulated wavedash. Peach can kinda do it also.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
We'll get no symphony from ike. :urg:

Prepare yourself people. A tropical storm that you'll feel no sympathy from is coming. Tropical Storm Ike will f-smash all that will come in it's way. Once it becomes Hurricane Ike, it'll fight for it's hurricane friends. Instead of f-smashing you, it'll Great Aether you. Take that Hurricane Meta-Knight.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Sorry for the essay post but we need to talk about this!

By the way guys we should start talking about whether or not the no tripping code should be a standard in NYC and required to have for everyone who's bringing their Wii's.

This is pretty much the only change we have that can make this game ...I'd say 5% more competitive so in my opinion we should take it and require the no tripping hack to be applied to all tournament Wii's

Honestly all you really need is Twilight Princess and an SD card...both of which are EASILY accessible. I mean even if you don't have it, chances are the next Wii owner does...borrow it from them and buy a crappy 16MB sd card..should be like 12 cents...cuz they're worth sh*t and install the hack. If you're ******** at computer stuff you can talk to me, Ninjalink or I think Bum who already installed the Homebrew Channel and already know how to enable the hack.

I've spoken to Alex about this and he wasn't for it but after I explained how easy it was and how there wasn't really an excuse NOT to have it he started to nudge in favor of it sorta...in the end it's really up to him and Web2zone but I thought we should discuss it as a community to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Another thing I should note is that some people think it's wrong since you're messing with the coding of the game and although it takes out a nuisance it's still playing the game like it wasn't supposed to be played. That's understandable and all but people do it all the time. For example Marvel vs. Capcom 2 custom colors. Although it really isn't a gameplay change it is still technically messing with the coding and some people may even have a problem with that just post a valid response stating why not I'd actually like to hear them. Another concern is the potential of people adding additional hacks to their game like Defense boosters and whatnot to specific player slots. That can be dealt with, just have a few TRUSTED people with legit SDs and copy the exact same cheat data over to the cards being used at the time.

Last thing.....I don't really have an issue with it being on or off, I for one have never been affected by tripping in such a way that it has cost me the match or even a stock... The chances of that for me is very low since I use trips to my advantage anyway with the inv. frames and what have you.... But I see this as a good way to filter out the whiners that complain about losing because they tripped or the anti-Brawl smashers who refer to tripping as one of the main reasons they don't take the game seriously or hate the game.

Top Bottom