• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
well i guess yesterday was one of those offdays i killed myself twice in teams and in singles i lost due to controller failure but hey, ggs to everyone that i played.

Now on to this whole MK situation where every week there is more and more ppl pickin MK which i believe in time we r gonna become like nj. Yesterday i had the ballz to pick a bottom tier char like ganon and win then i pick my sonic, i lost to ike but hey given the situation it was my first time using him in tournament play and i got alu down to 1 stock it was pretty fun.

The reason y i did this to prove a point that any char in this game can win with a lot of practice. bum also proved it with cp, and good **** to dire for beatin MK with a gw.

Eventually when m2k wins like 12 major big smash tournies with MK ppl r gonna say "m2k sux cuz he can only win using MK" so idk if they ban him or not, but i just wanna say i can do good without MK. what about the rest of u MK fakers?
this post angers me steiner.. especially cuz when it counts i bet you would still use meta knight and be as gay as you possibly could.

also i would money match you double random chars for $3 the next weekly that i'm at.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Raph would be high. But he is too linear with no safe lows.

Side step just ***** him.

So low tier for raph.

Astaroth was number 1 in SC3 because he has soooooooooooo much safe **** on block. So he could pressure anyone into blocking then get a grab into a combo and do 40% of a life bar. It was insane.

Now Asta lost alot of safe stuff and he no longer has a safe low. His mid range game now suffers becuase he lost his old BB string and his new one sucks and he lost his BA variants as well.

On the upside he gained so new throw mix-ups up off of 2B+K, which is cool. But it's not game breaking stuff.

He looks mid tierish to me. But who knows? The game just came out.

But honestly, when people say crap like that just use your head.

In any fighting game ever whenever someone said that a certain character was broken or really good...usually that character would only go down 1 or two spots in the rank. So even though this game is new...it's pretty obvious that some characters are too good...like Misturugi IMO.

Remember that the Soul Caliber series isn't really about combos, although there are some good combos in this game. It's about safe moves, good pokes, good lows, and just good options overall to be able to handle any situation. You need moves to handle 8 way run, moves that can lead into easy mix-up guessing games, moves that lend themselves well to tech traps and moves that are good for wake-up games and frame traps.

It's really all about the movesets.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Jay0yeah!

Drama, Drama, Drama!

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

There were too many people at the weekly. Shout outs to everyone I saw and talked to. I love you all :)

Personal shout outs to the people I saw and spoke with. Wes, Bum, B Sausage, AceBarth, Killafox, Dire(Good job in singles!), Crismas, Alex S., Blacknese, Jill Valentine, Godot(My Link vs your Metaknight, Lord Khanti, NL, D1 (NOT MY FATHER!), MOP, Mawi/Miwa/MY FRIEND :) (I always get the name confuse, my apologies), Shinigami, Kurosaki Ichigo, Glick(We gotta play a again), Zro, Alu(Keep it up with Ike), Jman, Steiner aka MASK (Where's your metaknight?!), Jtails(We gotta hang), Hax (Your Captain Falcon is wack ;) , lol), Snake and Shadow (The true Mario Bros from BK, LOL), Messi!!!! NOX!!!!! RENO!!! SEMORBUTTS!!! YRB!!!! ROOKIE!!!! DJ NINTENDO!!!! LUCK!!! TIER!!!! PHD!!!! JUMPMAN!!! KWIS!!! STARZ!!! (YOUR OLIMAR IS BEAST!!!) SILVEN (SC4! for 360!)

Good seeing Combo Baker, Cheese, and Floss!

4EYES!!!! I MISSED YOU BRO :) NO HOMO! LMAO!!

Nice meeting and talking to Pride, Fake, Migo, Ranjiz and a few others I met. I forgot your names but I know ya by face.

PAPA DAVE!!! It was cool chatting with you. It's always good to see you. You are a GREAT DAD!

If there was anyone I missed(Which I probably missed a # of people) please let me know. I will give ya personal shout outs! ;)
IN AMERICA!

The weekly was like a freaking monthly tournament 60+ in singles O_O!

Weeklies seriously need to be tone down to one event a week. Singles one week and Teams the next. Time is very scarce.

I basically know why Web2bone have weeklies every week. It's simple business
Ya should know anyway

Until then

"I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S." (Jill Valentine, MvC2).

Jay0yeah

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Haven't fuxed with her.

Most of the guys on SRK say she is really linear which is never a good thing, so I don't expect much from her.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
LOL @ everyone trying to become pro at SC4

This amuses me....

From what I gather Emblem Lord seems to be the only one who knows wtf he's talking about, and that's because he apparently has in depth previous experience. As in...he cared about the game enough to know what "2B+K" is lol.

Also I suck at SC4. I beat everyone's story mode by repeatedly tripping the CPU opponents.

Too good.

Another thing, results plz...

R3N0

Smash Lord
yeah so just got home not 5 minutes ago.. thx to the irrational planning of a certain somebody.

im just gonna come right out and say that im ****ing tight as hell at alex strife and emmy's inept driving skills.

thats all.

its a 2 hour drive and we left at one. its now 6 am. 5 + hours after the fact

****ing for ****ing real. WOW.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Bum: I heard you would like a ride to Xesticle. If this is true, Eazy, NinjaLink, and I are kidnapping your ***, lmao!!

Really though, I'm able to pick you up from your place the morning of. You don't even have to wake up, we'll carry you outta of bed and everything, lol! If you can't tell I really want you to come dude.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
@ Bum: I heard you would like a ride to Xesticle. If this is true, Eazy, NinjaLink, and I are kidnapping your ***, lmao!!

Really though, I'm able to pick you up from your place the morning of. You don't even have to wake up, we'll carry you outta of bed and everything, lol! If you can't tell I really want you to come dude.
kidnapping and ****.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
emblem lord since ur giving everyone info on sc4......

wats up with xianghua? does she still have her 66A+B that sidesteps the world? does 44B still make ppl whiff as much? are her lows and 3b still good? does her 3b still combo into that 2 hit move i think it was 33AB.

wats ur opinion on the sisters? is sophy still stronger/better with cass? Are their 236 B's still amazing punishers?

im getting the game in a week or so but the anticipation is killing me and im to lazy to register on calibur forums... plus they just yell at u if u ask stuff that u can just test :p

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
O yeah!

I would love to see that happen. But Bum is a local player for life! LOL

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Phuck a Soul Crappibur! :laugh:

Virtua Fighter 5 for the real man's man. EL BLAZE Forevs!

Oh, and it's clear to see 2nd place only means you're the last one to lose, period.

Gotta love the smash community!

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
ur right dire gotta love the smash community

Phuck a Soul Crappibur! :laugh:

Virtua Fighter 5 for the real man's man. EL BLAZE Forevs!

Oh, and it's clear to see 2nd place only means you're the last one to lose, period.

Gotta love the smash community!

i think i am going to do all mk towards the end then use sonic in finals, dionis will u look up to me then lol. And say " wes you did what i wanted to do"

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Players who complain or turn emo after they lose a match are considered smash players, lol.

I believe though there are good players in this city we have NOT seen anything yet. I feel there are far better players out there than here. I wonder where are they and I understand why they do NOT come to NYC. SOME people need to look in the mirror to find that answer

Jay0yeah

P.S. : I have seen some players change in this community due to the game. I control the game and I do not let it control me! It's just a game... Money will never be great for this game.

P.S. #2: The pot money split needs to be edited. 80% for 1st? 20% for 2nd? Free entry for 3rd? THAT'S OUTRAGES IN MY OPINION! But wait everyone splits at the end of the night so it's okay, LOL. What happen to 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? Or was it 70/20/10? What happen with Grand finals? It does not exist anymore cause of splitting. Call me greedy, call me what you want! I want to see grand final matches instead of "Hey guys lets split with Barney"

Jay0No

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
So after playing Lizardman all nite, I find him a bit worse than he was in 3. He seems slower and clunkier. It may be me trying to play a SC3 Lizardman in SC4's slower engine thou. Although best match was the only guy with a mike trash talkin bc he was pissed off about something someone did in the same room as him and was taking it out on the "F*CKIN NOOB USING LIZARDMAN!" When I won I just heard him swearing and telling me to "GO F*CK YOUR SELF!" But I will not give up on him, bc I just like him. I probably gotta master his crawl stuff. Like Jayo's sig says, "A low tier can defeat a high tier with hard work!" Jay0yeah. Im gonna try my hardest to go Lizardman ALL DAY!!!!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
yeah so just got home not 5 minutes ago.. thx to the irrational planning of a certain somebody.

im just gonna come right out and say that im ****ing tight as hell at alex strife and emmy's inept driving skills.

thats all.

its a 2 hour drive and we left at one. its now 6 am. 5 + hours after the fact

****ing for ****ing real. WOW.
Don't blame them at the fact that you got home late, the tournament ran late in the first place. In reality we all should've been home by 12 the latest. In reality the tournament didn't even finish because there were no Melee doubles as was promised. The venue closed and had to finish it outside of that.

Besides that if anything it's my fault because I made you guys detour to take me home. She's not from around here obviously. Everyone was tired going home, not just you.

Also, I'm just grateful I HAD a ride, and was thankful that Emmy even did any of that.

lol @ the fact that the weeklie thread turned into a SC4 DISCUSSION THREAD.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Jay0yeah

So after playing Lizardman all nite, I find him a bit worse than he was in 3. He seems slower and clunkier. It may be me trying to play a SC3 Lizardman in SC4's slower engine thou. Although best match was the only guy with a mike trash talkin bc he was pissed off about something someone did in the same room as him and was taking it out on the "F*CKIN NOOB USING LIZARDMAN!" When I won I just heard him swearing and telling me to "GO F*CK YOUR SELF!" But I will not give up on him, bc I just like him. I probably gotta master his crawl stuff. Like Jayo's sig says, "A low tier can defeat a high tier with hard work!" Jay0yeah. Im gonna try my hardest to go Lizardman ALL DAY!!!!
From what I seen and the players I talked to from the Soul Cal community. Anyone with a sword and shield is good in the game. But Lord Khanti, I want to play your Lizardman. Losers gets eaten by the other Lizard-men(Those guys have huge Forks and Knives in the background).

Jay0No

My 3rd strike research: Japanese players are beast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zecApFXFas ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-l0Wkcepxk&feature=related

To those who are going to play SF4. Check out these matches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRjT9m3tS1Q&feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhqekDsXD6U&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Jwprd1Bk8&feature=related

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
From what I seen and the players I talked to from the Soul Cal community. Anyone with a sword and shield is good in the game. But Lord Khanti, I want to play your Lizardman. Losers gets eaten by the other Lizard-men(Those guys have huge Forks and Knives in the background).

Jay0No
Yea I'll be practicing all week probably with Lizardman so hopefully I'll figure him out by friday. That was just my first impression on the new Lizardman.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Crismas- It's not even your fault but the fact that after dropping you off, we went to the BX is annoying as fuc.k. When GEOGRAPHICALLY its on the way and FASTER to go from NJ - Staten Island - BROOKLYN - BX

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Jay0No

My 3rd strike research: Japanese players are beast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zecApFXFas ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-l0Wkcepxk&feature=related

To those who are going to play SF4. Check out these matches http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRjT9m3tS1Q&feature=related , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhqekDsXD6U&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Jwprd1Bk8&feature=related
Thanks 4 the sf3 & sf4 vids :3

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You will be sad at what was done to Xianghua. Pretty sure NONE of her lows is safe on block anymore. Not 2K, 1A, or 3A that's for sure. Dude.....3A is neutral...ON HIT!!!!

*cries inside

3B no longer launches well at all on normal hit. But 8_2 *5B is still nasty.

66A+B, lost alot of evasive power. Most her evasive moves lost evasive power actually, including 1B+K and B+K. They just aren't as good at avoid moves anymore.

44B is still beastly though from what I can tell.

The sisters are still good. Sophie seems more nerfed then Cass though. Cass seems to have Kazuya's f,d,d/f + 2. (That's Tekken lingo) Basically her old 236 B is gone and now it looks like his Rising uppercut that he uses for juggles. I think she has a just frame on that or another move so she basically has Kazuya's EWGF now. DORIYA!!!!! (Kazuya's battle cry when he does EWGF).

I know her 236 B will cause crumple stun that can't get mashed out of on it and it hits mid, which is little ridiculous IMO. So basically it looks like a decent punisher and she can combo after it hits.

Yeah Cass looks pretty nasty.

Ill' do more research on Sophie.

Back to Xianghua.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm over that now.

She gained some new stance stuff and has some good options off of that and she has three different versions of the stance and her poke game is still strong. BB, AAB, and 3K are still nice as hell. But 66K doesn't have as much range or advantage on hit unfortunately. She still has her low grabs though and she can even combo into her low grab off of WR B.

She does have a beastly combo with that. Goes like this.

WR B, 2B+G, Just Frame B+K, 3B, 33AB.

After the 2B+G everything else is a counter hit so the damage is really good and the CH property means that 3B can launch well.

Overall there can be no doubt. X got nerfed.

I'm thinking mid high tier or low high tier for her. But that's just my prediction. Still, she doesn't feel as strong as Mitsu, Cass, Ivy and one or two others.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo bum and wes ya got a mean misunderstanding going on ... wes i understand wat u mean ... and yea bum ... ur are the best player in nyc no one is taking that from u ... but people are like omg omg omg bum won the weekly with cf ... when u didn't u just won the last match with cf ... not taking credit from picking cf on dire ... which is amazing cuz dire is amazing too lol ... but its the fact that u been on the top for a while and its not cuz of who u pick its cuz of who u are ... and people are just too dum to understand that lol ... but w.e ... get at my ike at nj yesterday ... 4th in doubles with vanz ... i'm upset dionis didn't go when i had a spot for him in the car and set everything up for him ... but yea ... ima like hack the game to give ike a projectile lmaooooo

i love nyc weeklies the drama is wat makes me want to come every weekly lol

also thanks dire for the compliment lol ... good **** on 2nd ... u 2D piece of trash ^_-

i want to win a weekly ... everyone says ... just dont pick ike he doesn't have the ability to win ... this saddens me greatly LoL!

Top Bottom