• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Ganondorf in Brawl+ and How to Continue Murdering People

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!

Good Idea !

Sky-Ride... lulz

Well, Dthrow now is the Best Throw, undoubtedly and Ganondorf has a truly Guaranteed Finish Combo which is Dthrow -> Bair.
Yeah, I've always gone between Sheik and Ganon, but the new d-throw really sealed the deal for me.

Murder choke being techable is still a huge bummer for me though.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've always gone between Sheik and Ganon, but the new d-throw really sealed the deal for me.

Murder choke being techable is still a huge bummer for me though.
Good to hear that you chose Ganondorf.

Well, I like a lot strong characters which have powerful smash attacks.

Sheik is too good, but she is just very fast with a good combo game and she lacks a decent powerful smash. That's why I don't like her.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does SideB always combo into Wiztruck if you tech away from Ganondorf, and lead into another SideB if you tech towards him.
Well, [Flame Choke -> Wizkick] is truly Guaranteed, if your opponent don't roll behind you.

If you predict correctly your opponent's rolls, you can use the Murder Choke many times.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace

i bet they didnt know it, amagawd!
Well, I just tried to help him, since he isn't a Ganon mainer and I think many people who don't play with Ganondorf don't know that [Side-B -> Wizkick] makes part of Gerudo Guaranteed Follow-Ups and it's truly guaranteed after the Side-B (If your opponent don't roll behind you).

That's it, Mr. GOD of Ganon.

Nice Picture...

GOD of Ganon ?
How Amusing.​

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
All of ganon's attributes are awesome, except for one: he is popular ;_;

Edit: btw, why is this thread still popular? Why are all you guys not over att allisbrawl chatting?

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman

Edit: btw, why is this thread still popular? Why are all you guys not over att allisbrawl chatting?
Because we're all that cool. :embarrass

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
This thread is still popular because I believe that every Ganon mainer is very dedicated to Ganondorf and I'm always here trying to help with something useful.
Also, SHeLL always post something nice here, but this thread could be more popular if goodoldganon (The Thread Creator) had more Free Time to post some stuff here and create a section for Combos and Match-Ups.

It's so sad see this thread without a section for Combos and Match-Ups.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord

He is way to popular though....I kinda liked it when I would be the only person to play ganon at a tournament, but that never worked out cause people usually defeated me in a rather gay fashion, like diddy banana combos lol....such a bad idea.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Why dost thou complain?

The Ruler of Darkness deserves his fame! That ******* Sakurai made a fool of Lord Ganondorf, and the coders of Brawl+ have restored and refined his unholy glory! May his mighty fist bring destruction to the warriors foolish enough to oppose him, and may the weak writhe under his unyielding heel! May his dark cackle strike fear into the hearts of all the earth!!!

Why are there so many, you ask?
Simple:
The King of Evil's power is so great, he must share it amongst his many clones, so he may quickly and efficiently conquer the Smash scene!!!

ALL HAIL LORD GANONDORF!!!

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Why dost thou complain?

The Ruler of Darkness deserves his fame! That ******* Sakurai made a fool of Lord Ganondorf, and the coders of Brawl+ have restored and refined his unholy glory! May his mighty fist bring destruction to the warriors foolish enough to oppose him, and may the weak writhe under his unyielding heel! May his dark cackle strike fear into the hearts of all the earth!!!

Simple:
The King of Evil's power is so great, he must share it amongst his many clones, so he may quickly and efficiently conquer the Smash scene!!!

I like Link better.

Just kidding. Ganon's the sh*t!

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Why dost thou complain?

Simple:

Well when you put it that way it gives me no reason to complain lol. I'm just an old vbrawl ganon player so sometimes I get frustrated at these youngsters not knowing how good they have it.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
About the Ganondorf's recovery...

Well guys, It's nothing special. I just want to talk about the importance of Uair during the recovery using the *Down-B -> Double Jump -> Up-B*. Uair protects you from suffering an eventual gimp. Uair doesn't protect you 100% but it's really important to prevent gimps.

It's possible to perform Down-B -> Double Jump -> Uair -> Up-B.

Untouch

Smash Master
In my opinion down b should either have a bigger hitbox or not be interruptable.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^That's not opinion. That's a fact of the dark lord. However, he has decided to show mercy before stretching his tyrany over the existance of the other characters. Thus, no bigger hitbox or IASA.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I would work on reverse jabs / uair / Quake Out-of-Shield, look at some of his ledge tricksies here and here. You can also do some weird tricksies with canceling WizTruck, but those are much more situational.

If you don't have anything better to do, sure, go ahead and work on Flight of Ganon.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I kinda figured that this was a useless technique, but I just wanted to be sure of it. I've actually been working on Quake Out-of-Shield, and I've pretty much got it down. Next thing I've got to work on is the ledge stuff, seems to be what I'm mainly lacking of.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ive been messing around with ganon lately. He is such an OP character now lol. I love it too. Considering how much damage he does plus his ability to combo some of these moves together its really nasty. Ganon could be the best teammate in the game when teamed with a high damage low kill character. (like MK)

Also his Dthrow is dumb as anything. At low percentages you can Either Regrab (DI infront of ganon), Uair (no DI), or Bair (Behind DI) or Murder Choke (off stage if you back is to the ledge). Its pretty sick. You guys should check that out. Also if they dont SDI with Dthrow you can regrab all DIs up to like 70ish.

lord karn

Smash Master
Ganon can actually chain grab fastfallers. On fox the cg goes to about 50%, except if they DI behind you can regrab them until like 70. At 0, just regrab if they DI in front, or turn and grab if they don't DI or DI behind you. Once the grab puts Fox at 21%, always dash back, and if they DI back simply regrab, if they DI forward, dash dance back and regrab, if they don't DI reverse grab. If they try to take this CG to the edge you can just stomp them when they DI in front of you, or continue the CG if they DI behind you. If they're smart and don't take it to the edge you can just fair them out of the throw once the cg ends and then try to follow up with a kill. Most platforms will interrupt this but you should probably be able to hit them with any aerial if they go onto a platform. Fox is still really hard to grab, though, so the matchup might still be in his favor.

I know the same thing works against Falco, Wolf and Captain Falcon, but I'm not sure at what percent it ends. Also, I got this off against a Marth recently, but I would think Marth can probably upb out of it, so I don't think it works on Marth except maybe one regrab at like 0. Although, I think you can get regrabs on most characters if they DI incorrectly, except for the really floaty characters. Also, you can pretty much always sweet spot a fair out of a downthrow once they are at killing percentages, no matter what character you're playing.

I've tested the cg on Fox pretty extensively, it seems like if you grab him you only need to get one read after the CG to kill him.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
In my opinion down b should either have a bigger hitbox or not be interruptable.
It would be awesome, but it would be an unbalanced change, I guess.

Wizkick should inflict more damage, IMO. Maybe 15% with a little more Knockback ? I dunno.

Anyway, Wizkick is move that can be stopped easily, but this move is still a solid move. I see no problem with the actual Wizkick.

Rayku

Smash Lord
This is just me, but I think wizardfoot shoot have enough landing lag to make it exactly like Melee's.

Same exact mechanics as Melee's. Including the large hitbox on the move.

lord karn

Smash Master
Wizard foot seems to me to just be a move for tech chasing, recovering, and occasionally to get around juggling if you're really high up. It already seems to kill really early to me if you hit with it somewhat near the edge.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Wizard foot seems to me to just be a move for tech chasing, recovering, and occasionally to get around juggling if you're really high up. It already seems to kill really early to me if you hit with it somewhat near the edge.
Lulz at "just." The impact that it has on his techchasing game, recovery, and ability to aid in getting out of juggles is pretty huge, in my opinion.

But yeah, WizTruck has huge strengths and huge weaknesses. It's great.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Today, while playing doubles, I was above a Diddy. I did a wizkick into the ground, which the diddy spotdodged, but got hit by the quake, to which I responded with a Usmash, killing him.
I think wizkick is amazing as is.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I think Wizard's Foot is broken as well.
In my opinion, Wizkick should inflict more damage (Sweetspotted or not) to be a truly ferocious move, but as I said, I don't think the actual Wizkick is totally broken. SheLL made the changes and he made balanced changes to Wizkick, I guess.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I think aerial wiztruck is a little broken. It's true good of an edgeguarder. Ganon just has to double jump, wiztruck of the stage, insta-kill, and return safely.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
How the **** the actual Wizkick is totally broken ?

Wizkick just need to inflict more damage. One more time SHeLL made balanced changes guys. We shouldn't get worried.

>_>

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Aerial WizSpike has decent strength and a long duration hitbox, but it also is very telegraphed, has terrible priority and if missed puts him in a situation to get edgeguarded, which Ganon is particularly weak against -- if he whiffs, just speed hug the ledge and he's dead. Stomp is the better, safer choice ~75% of the time, in my experience. WizSpike is for mix-ups and looking flashy.

If you stay creative with your recoveries and watch for Ganon to jump up to that obvious ~30 degree angle above and in front of you it's far from a broken tactic, in my opinion. Most characters should be able to survive the second hitbox (the majority of the move) until at least around %50 at the level of the stage in the event that you do get hit.

As for grounded WizTruck, DI is extremely important against it. But that's only in the event you get hit -- if you suspect a player will Truck at you, there are so many different ways you can counter it. Most any attack (jabs!) will stop the Truck in its tracks, and if you shield he'll slow down upon hitting the shield with plenty of endlag to punish it well. Furthermore, many characters can duck right under the attack and punish. Then you get a free combo on fatty old Ganondorf.

Truly broken tactics are those that have no counters, and it's pretty obvious that the aerial and grounded WizKick applications not only have counters, but ones with powerful consequences to Ganon.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
As for grounded WizTruck, DI is extremely important against it. But that's only in the event you get hit -- if you suspect a player will Truck at you, there are so many different ways you can counter it. Most any attack (jabs!) will stop the Truck in its tracks, and if you shield he'll slow down upon hitting the shield with plenty of endlag to punish it well. Furthermore, many characters can duck right under the attack and punish. Then you get a free combo on fatty old Ganondorf.
That's why I stopped to use Wizkick frequently during a match.

I just use the Aerial Wizkick for Flash Spikes.

SHeLL,
Another important thing, I found Aerial Wizkick Spike very useful against Meta Knight. I love to perform Shuttle Loop Spikes and Wizkick Spike is being much more safe than Thunder Stomp (Dair), Imo. When you perform this kind of spike, you eat part of MK's Shuttle Loop (A little Damage), but you can see him being knocked downwards burning in Dark Flames.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I havent really been active lately, and havent played the latest beta, but I saw ganon had a DI influenced chaingrab added? Will this be changed in the future or are you guys leaving it in?

Top Bottom