• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Ganondorf in Brawl+ and How to Continue Murdering People

BG3

Smash Journeyman
So is u-tilt staying as it is, or are more ideas going to be suggested for it in the future?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
So is u-tilt staying as it is, or are more ideas going to be suggested for it in the future?
These codes aren't definitive, I guess. The WBR is still working.

Utilt Cancelling was removed, as we all know.
SHeLL is still looking for something good to Utilt.

I hope he can find something good about Utilt and solve the Warlock Punch problem which is find something about Ganondorf take damage during WP.

Check this:
UTILT
-IASA is already removed
-Add very light hitbox to initial raising-swing of foot (frame 20-25ish) that knocks opponent into wind
-Raise Explosion KBG
-SA on down swing, possibly?

I tried to increase the power of the wind, but it just blew the opponent past Ganon. If someone wants to experiment with this further in PSA, be my guest, it's pretty easy to change.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I got the new Nightly Build (5.0 RC1) yesterday.

Man, I played with Ganondorf and I didn't feel well his changes, except Utilt Cancelling and Dthrow.

What's the real difference between the "5.0 Ganon" and the "5.0 RC1 Ganon" ?

About Dthrow, God Bless you shanus ! Well done !
Well, this Dthrow change doesn't allow me to continue my plan to guarantee *Dthrow -> Nair -> Dtilt -> Fair*, but I'm really enjoying it, cause *Dthrow --> Bair" is almost truly Guaranteed and being truly guaranteed, this combo can be used to Kill in high percents, I guess.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I got the new Nightly Build (5.0 RC1) yesterday.

Man, I played with Ganondorf and I didn't feel well his changes, except Utilt Cancelling and Dthrow.

What's the real difference between the "5.0 Ganon" and the "5.0 RC1 Ganon" ?
U-tilt canceling is being removed. Sorry.

Is this what you wanted?

Code:
Ganondorf
	D-Throw:
*Test*		-Angle to 105 from 65, KBG 60 from previous 40. New:[7 Dmg; 70 BKB; 50->60 KBG; 65°->105°] Old:[7 Dmg; 70 BKB; 50->40 KBG; 65°]
	Jab:
		-Frame speeds repolished. IASA on 23, animation redone to be more organic
		-Angle changed to 40 from special 40
		-All flags set to 39030203 from 39030283 and 39030280. All hitboxes electric element and uses a different sound effect
		-9 damage hitbox reduced to 7. KBG compensated 105->135
		-Outer hitbox shifted inward one unit to 17 from 18
		-Hitlag Multiplier: 1.00x->1.30x (9 dmg hitbox); 1.00x->1.20x (7 dmg hitbox)
	U-Tilt:
		-IASA removed
		-Hitlag Multiplier: 1.00x->1.50x (Sweetspot)
	F-Smash:
		-Hitlag Multiplier: 1.00x->1.20x
	F-Air:
		-Extension of frame 16 shifted to frame 15. New:[0.250x Frame 15; 1.00x Frame 16];Old:[0.250x Frame 16; 1.00x Frame 17]
	Neutral-B (All):
		-Hitlag Multiplier: 1.00x->1.50x
	Side-B:
		-Initial Grab Box size: 5.00x->12.00x
	Up-B (Grab):
		-Holding Hits: Damage increased to 2 from 1
		-Final Hit: Damage increased to 9 from 7; KBG lowered to 63 from 82; BKB increased to 75 from 40 [7->9 Dmg; 82->63 KBG; 40->75 BKB; (40)°]
	Down-B:
		-Speedup on grounded endlag of grounded-version removed
		-Aerial endlag of grounded version now 150% faster from 185%
		-Aerial endlag of aeiral version now 150% faster from 185%
		-Grounded endlag (Quake) of aerial verions now 150% faster from 185%
Try "re-feeling" the Up-B and Side-B.

shanus

Smash Hero
stop thanking me, and start thanking the WBR (mainly Shell) for ganon!

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Try "re-feeling" the Up-B and Side-B.
Hey SHeLL, Thanks a lot man ! Sorry if I forgot to mention your name. I apologize.

Well, I made my real tests here right now with Side-B.
Holy **** SHeLL ! That Side-B "Godly" range is being very useful and much more useful to predict rolls during a Chainchoke.

About Up-B, thanks to make this move stronger.

Thanks one more time to make Dthrow much more useful.

God Bless you SHeLL and WBR !

:laugh:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's barely a sweet spot -- the stats are identical, but the sweet spot has 80 KBG instead of 75 KBG.

This is unchanged from vBrawl / Brawl+ 4.2.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
SHeLL,

"F-Smash:
-Hitlag Multiplier: 1.00x->1.20x"

Fsmash has More or Less lag in the new Nightly 5.0 RC1 ?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Stats are usually presented as:

Old->New

So it has more hitlag.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Stats are usually presented as:

Old->New

So it has more hitlag.
I think Fsmash is a laggy move and it will remain a laggy move.

Well, I'm very pleased with the new changes and I don't care if Fsmash has more hitlag now, cause Fsmash is a slow move by nature, I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Is it me or does d-throw chain grab some characters?

Well, d-throw is amazing. I've gotten d-throw to multiple up smashes, d-throw to dair, d-throw to... just about everything.

Absolutely love it, probably going to main Ganon now.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Is it me or does d-throw chain grab some characters?

Well, d-throw is amazing. I've gotten d-throw to multiple up smashes, d-throw to dair, d-throw to... just about everything.

Absolutely love it, probably going to main Ganon now.
I'm pretty thrilled with the new Dthrow which is the "Melee Ganondorf's Dthrow".

If you guarantee a possible chaingrab, post here dude.

Actually, that new Dthrow can be used to many purposes enriching the Ganondorf's Metagame.

I'm looking for the best follow-up after Dthrow to be used as a finish move in high percents.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I think Fsmash is a laggy move and it will remain a laggy move.

Well, I'm very pleased with the new changes and I don't care if Fsmash has more hitlag now, cause Fsmash is a slow move by nature, I guess.

Thanks for your help.
I think you may have a misconception of what hitlag really is.

Hitlag doesn't mean the move is slower frame-wise, it just increases the amount of time the game freezes for emphasis when the move hits. So it's not making the move slower (frame-wise), but it is making it a bit easier to DI.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I've found that bair is pretty reliable and sets up for some nice edgeguards (percentage dependent on the latter).
You're right.

In high percents, I have noticed that Bair seems to be the best follow-up not only to be used as a finish move (Like in Melee), but sets up for some nice edguards (Uair Edgeguard, for example), as you said.

This new Dthrow is really helping Ganondorf and being much more useful. That's Good.

I think you may have a misconception of what hitlag really is.

Hitlag doesn't mean the move is slower frame-wise, it just increases the amount of time the game freezes for emphasis when the move hits. So it's not making the move slower (frame-wise), but it is making it a bit easier to DI.
Thanks for explain what Hitlag is.

stRIP

Smash Ace
You didnt understand it SBF. FSmash wasnt slowed down. Hitlag is the moment in which you get a hit and the Game has a short "lag", like Captain Falcons Knee in vBrawl. Thats all

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
You didnt understand it SBF. FSmash wasnt slowed down. Hitlag is the moment in which you get a hit and the Game has a short "lag", like Captain Falcons Knee in vBrawl. Thats all
Well, That's good then.

I thought that Fsmash got worse.

It's ok now.

Thanks dude.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I've been wondering if D-Throw -> reverse Ftilt on heavies/FFers would be considered a combo. Can someone test it? (I have no access to a Wii at this time.)

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering if D-Throw -> reverse Ftilt on heavies/FFers would be considered a combo. Can someone test it? (I have no access to a Wii at this time.)
There's one hitbox on d-tilt which sends enemies flying up and backwards, that might combo.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
No Offense, but honestly, Why don't you seek another follow-up that can be much more useful than Ftilt and Dtilt ?

The new Dthrow allows you to perform other follow-ups which are much more useful (Dthrow -> Bair, For Example).

Does D-Throw -> reverse Jab work at low %s?
Well, *Dthrow -> Jab* wokerd in Melee. I will make my tests here.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The down throw is too high of an angle for jab (and I'm assuming ftilt and down tilt as well) to work.

However, uair, bair, (at low percents) dair, and both fair facing the opponent... and away from them (only at low percents)

and at low percents you can down throw -> turn around-> up b for the lolz

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
The down throw is too high of an angle for jab (and I'm assuming ftilt and down tilt as well) to work.

However, uair, bair, (at low percents) dair, and both fair facing the opponent... and away from them (only at low percents)

and at low percents you can down throw -> turn around-> up b for the lolz
Quite Agreed.

Holy **** !

Dthrow -> Turn Around -> Up-B

LOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!

I will test this ASAP.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Talking about Combos...

I have noticed that Up-B is being very useful to inflict more damage at Normal/0-Death Combos.

0%:
Dair -> Dair -> Usmash (Sweetspotted) -> Up-B [83%]
*Actually is a little bit hard to connect the Up-B, cause your opponent can perform and Air Dodge sometimes.

0%
Dthrow -> Usmash (Sweetspotted) -> Bair [45%]

I'll keep trying to find new Guaranteed combos.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Yeah, you do. You can usually figure it out, in my experience people usually roll right on reaction.

Unless it's Olimar maybe. His roll is so short.
Well, predict rolls is a little bit hard, but if you predict correctly, you may be well rewarded.

Fair works after Dtilt in your combo, I guess. Dthrow -> Dair -> Murder Choke -> Dtilt -> Fair [72%]

About Olimar,
I think Dthrow -> Dair -> Murder Choke - Dsmash [61%] can be useful, since Dsmash is Guaranteed against Olimar.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, predict rolls is a little bit hard, but if you predict correctly, you may be well rewarded.

Fair works after Dtilt in your combo, I guess. Dthrow -> Dair -> Murder Choke -> Dtilt -> Fair [72%]

About Olimar,
I think Dthrow -> Dair -> Murder Choke - Dsmash [61%] can be useful, since Dsmash is Guaranteed against Olimar.
Yeah. I'm not really sure how possible it is to to the murder choke on reaction. I'd have to test it more. Either way, it's an amazingly epic combo.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Yeah. I'm not really sure how possible it is to to the murder choke on reaction. I'd have to test it more. Either way, it's an amazingly epic combo.
I will test your combo today.

I totally agree with you. Your combo is amazing, since predict rolls can be a hard task.

If you have more combos or ideas, post here dude.

:bee:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
At lower percents I'm pretty sure you can link a few d-airs after a d-throw, provided that they don't tech it. Maybe d-throw > d-air > d-air > ... anything, really, haha.

Sky-ride? That would be funny.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
At lower percents I'm pretty sure you can link a few d-airs after a d-throw, provided that they don't tech it. Maybe d-throw > d-air > d-air > ... anything, really, haha.

Sky-ride? That would be funny.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!

Good Idea !

Sky-Ride... lulz

Well, Dthrow now is the Best Throw, undoubtedly and Ganondorf has a truly Guaranteed Finish Combo which is Dthrow -> Bair.

Top Bottom