• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's new 0-100+ cg on Falco

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Actually you're right, I keep forgetting the falco i fought was predictable and always did reflector after jab :laugh:

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, The Truth is a local player to me that ive had the chance to play a few times. The little ******* would always try and set this up, but i was able to get out of it. Its a battle of buffering and the Falco holding up and mashing A in order to buffer his move.

After his 2nd forward throw , i was able to UpTilt out of it. I did this on accident the first time. This was about 4or5 months ago at a tourney. I dont know if he was trying to set the chaingrab me back then, but it got me out of it.

I played him last about 1 and a half month ago and i was able to UpTilt out of it again. After getting grabbed, i simply held UP on the Joystick and mashed A in order to Up-Tilt as soon as possible. After this, he was not able to continue any type of chaingrabs.

Now, i dont know if he discovered this just recently, or this is what he has been working on for a while. I really dont play Smash anymore, I dont have my Wii hooked up , and im not near The Truth/Tag right now so i have no way of testing this.

So, Flaco players ( yeah, i said Flaco) buffer that UP Tilt and give a nice F*CK You to Pika players.

......or get pwnt since i cant test this out with the guy who posted the video for a while.

If you are reading this Tag/Truth, i might be going home this weekend, ill text you so you can get a face full of feathers :p ......or not :/

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Reflector can reflect lightning . . . . Plus we have ledge hopped lasers that can hit a crawling anything.

Seriously though, being Falco mains, a lot of us should know the amount of trouble you get into when you focus too much on getting the chain grab and your opponent is mindfully, intelligently avoiding/punishing it. If a Pikachu's content with doing nothing but going for the grab, we should be able to put a good amount of damage before they get it.

And I don't believe Falco gains a huge advantage over opponents just because of the chain grab. Especially since it doesn't kill and usually only brings them up to like 30%.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
my opponant is the person who started the thread on the Pika boards about the chaingrab. If HE couldnt do this consistantly, then the timing must be difficult to pull off.

∫unk

Smash Master
Or he doesn't get to practice irl very much

He used come to sb once a week and play us but I haven't seen him for a few weeks

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You shouldn't make bets on Tag. He probably can't time it the CG. Cause in all my days of CGing falco, he never got out and he would mash everything. ESAM, K_Prime, and a few others are the real testers, they are the ones doing it right.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
you're doing it wrong.

@zer0 Jab comes out faster than Utilt, CG's are inescapable or they aren't called chain grabs, it was most likely just because your opponent was messing up the timing.
Unless you're including the follow up after the actual chain grab, then yeah, the CG usually only gets to about 30-40% on the characters that it works on.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Well i was including the follow-up as it is an unescapable end to the CG but it also goes from at least 0- ~37 on basically any chain-grabbable character.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
You shouldn't make bets on Tag. He probably can't time it the CG. Cause in all my days of CGing falco, he never got out and he would mash everything. ESAM, K_Prime, and a few others are the real testers, they are the ones doing it right.
I didnt seem to have any trouble CGing your ike.

Honestly ussi I dont and wont tell you anything else about cgs anymore bc you just go to other boards and talk trash and get big headed and end up helping them and hurting pika mains on top of misrepresenting us bc you choose to be selfish and not thinking about the other people youre affecting. I'd much rather people think like switch then to have you come in here and argue with them. Youre doing the exact opposite of being helpful by doing that while the rest of us have done real work to learn about these CGs and you go around and do your best to make us regret that work to satisfy your need for gossip and trash talk. It sucks because you used to be pretty cool until you started doing this junk. I hope everyone reading his stuff especially or any other pika main who's been trash talking doesnt think we're all like that.

my opponant is the person who started the thread on the Pika boards about the chaingrab. If HE couldnt do this consistantly, then the timing must be difficult to pull off.
:laugh: Hey whats up zero, junk. Fancy seein you guys here. Yeah the CG I was doing before was different, I barely learned about this one this week. When I used to do the old CG on you when I started playing smash again someone told me shield grabbing was better then dash grabbing (it wasnt), which is why I could shield grab jabs but not utilt for some reason. If it makes you feel any better you can use Fox now for the matchup without having to worry about one being cgd and not the other. imo fox > falco if falco didnt have cgs. But yeah, hit me up when youre in town.

And junk actually I might call you today to see if I can come over if you have time. I was actually gonna bring zero with me last week but got sick, and then earlier this week just got bogged down with work. But yeah, I think I might go to this tourney on Sunday I just heard about so Ill need the practice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I didnt seem to have any trouble CGing your ike.

Honestly ussi I dont and wont tell you anything else about cgs anymore bc you just go to other boards and talk trash and get big headed and end up helping them and hurting pika mains on top of misrepresenting us bc you choose to be selfish and not thinking about the other people youre affecting.
You're mad at me for telling others what to do against this? Geez Tag, how would you feel if YOU were the Falco. Besides, You can ask any of the Falco mains here, I never once trash talked or even put on a big head.

Helping them is the entire point I'm here o.o How am I hurting Pika mains? They shouldn't be doing things that don't work in the first place.

I'd much rather people think like switch then to have you come in here and argue with them. Youre doing the exact opposite of being helpful by doing that while the rest of us have done real work to learn about these CGs and you go around and do your best to make us regret that work to satisfy your need for gossip and trash talk. It sucks because you used to be pretty cool until you started doing this junk. I hope everyone reading his stuff especially or any other pika main who's been trash talking doesnt think we're all like that.
What I'm arguing is the situation of Falco getting grabbed. And What am I gossiping? Anything i say, was tested. Anything else I said, was lightly tested saying it needs more testing. All in all, I'm just telling the Falcos the reality of the CG. What is there to hide? This tactic is already ******** and stupid and gay.. anyone who wants to do this to someone not knowing it is just being a jerk.

Now I tell you, bring up a post of mine that is me trash talking.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
hey 'truth', you are kinda amusing, because sharing information makes him hurt pika mains? think about it and come back with assumptions please

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I told you to stop antagonizing other boards and your response was "I have nothing better to do". And people do things that "don't work" all the time, Brawl is entirely about capitalizing on your opponents mistakes. Unfortunately (or thankfully) you dont seem to know much about what youre talking about, so half the information is just misinformation or things that arent confirmed or known much about yet, thats what I mean by gossiping.

Also, Im not a falco main, so asking me that weird question is irrelevant.
This tactic is already ******** and stupid and gay.. anyone who wants to do this to someone not knowing it is just being a jerk.
This is a competitive fighting game, not Barney's playhouse. And yes, you've already made clear that you hate Brawl, if you hate such tactics then quit the game instead of trying to ruin competitive advantages. Im sure the Falcos are smart enough to figure out how to deal with this on their own or to come to our boards and ask us without you going to all 35 character boards and bloating about a chain grab or how itll hopefully get people to quit brawl and move to brawl+.

Helping them is the entire point I'm here o.o How am I hurting Pika mains?
This was already discussed with you in Pika chat.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am not bloating to all 35 character boards. I have only been to the Falco and Snake boards and Snake ended pretty fast with blowing himself up or platform camping.

I keep saying cap% is still being tested because it is. That is the only thing not known, starting %s are pretty set.

And just because I hate brawl and want everyone to play brawl+ Does not mean I'm trying to get people to play brawl+ -_-

D

Deleted member

This discovery will probably give Pikachu the advantage over Falco and Snake...

J4pu

Smash Champion
This tactic is already ******** and stupid and gay broken.. anyone who wants to do this to someone not knowing it is just being a jerk competitive/smart.
fixed
everything else you said I agree with

hell, I'm a Falco main and I was arguing the same side as you, not to mention I frequent the pika boards so it's not like we wouldn't have had this conversation anyways. truth don't be so quick to get mad
lol, only the falco boards will appreciate the irony of me saying that

The tech was found out, it was inevitable that this would happen (the increase in pika match-up discussions). I posted this in the pika forum's june tier list prediction thread already: finding amazingly useful techs are a double-edged sword, you gain a new advantage, but character rep goes up and more people have match-up experience.
dang DEHF in my area ruins any chance I woulda had.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
this discovery basically ruins falco on the blind pick unless you're not afraid of pika
I'm not afraid of ICs because well over half of the ones I encounter can't wobble/desynch/CG/do crap; I assume IC mains suck until proven otherwise. Pika's chain grab is stupid easy to do though and I suspect even half way decent Pika secondaries will catch on. But if Pika can do this to most everybody, what other option is there? Play as Wolf where they need to get me between 10-13%? Pass.

Calling yourself "The Truth!" and then trying to hide the truth is ironic. Ussi didn't even start this thread and by discussing it with other people he improves the Brawl community as a whole. Fa serious.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All i did, is give a heads up to the Falcos by posting it in their metagame thread.

And Wolf gets CG even at 40%, that's MK at 10-13%

And about Falco, maybe you'd like to test this too, but I did some light testing (That further testing would be appreciated) and I attempted to CG Falco fresh at 40% and managed to do it to 80% before I got Falco could footstool out. Now I said it was light, so you try to see if it works. Its nothing concrete yet.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Pikachu vs Fox is still total **** for Fox. Falco at least stands a decent chance but yeah we'll have to figure out a counter for this or just start brushing up on your Marth tip of the sword skills :p

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Stand near the ledge, laser and IAP camp.

Why is there still an argument on what falco should do?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Ussi was the first one to mention it on the boards. I dont mind that people come here and post this information or that Falcos try and find out about it. I only mind what Ussi has done, which you dont have the full context of, so I dont expect it to be understood. Thats why my posts are directed only at him.

Ussi judging by your last post you still dont know much about the CGs. But I obviously cant stop you from spreading false info.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmfao Hawks go Caw there is a magical character known as Marth who swings a beautiful sword that gets him out of any CG EXCEPT for DDD's by a sequence of buttons commanded in an easier fashion than getting your anus to release fecal waste: Up + B. This magical sword also executes to the following commands: weak down + A, X/Y/Up Control Stick + forward A or X/Y/Up Control Stick + forward CStick, Side + B, neutral B. Other commands that don't relate to the sword are Z, which sets up for further sword commands indirectly, and R/L, which help Marth get the same type of command as "Z" and also help Marth use any of the other commands listed above.

Naturally people will start picking up the other retardedly simple-to-command character, King DeDoucheD1ck, and instead of all those other comparatively complex commands listed above will just press Z, down, then side + Z in a relatively constant motion to **** you as soon as the beautiful sword loses its magic powers against the beast known as "R/L". If the amount of Pika mains increases, I guarantee you that tournaments need to start planning longer for 3, 5 and 7 game sets being maxed out because players will always go to the max games possible if they main Pika secondary DDD or main MK secondary Pika/DDD.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi was the first one to mention it on the boards. I dont mind that people come here and post this information or that Falcos try and find out about it. I only mind what Ussi has done, which you dont have the full context of, so I dont expect it to be understood. Thats why my posts are directed only at him.

Ussi judging by your last post you still dont know much about the CGs. But I obviously cant stop you from spreading false info.
Well if someone knew about them I'm sure they would have updated the thread about the CGs. you don't even have all the ways Wolf gets CG on it.

Stand near the ledge, laser and IAP camp.

Why is there still an argument on what falco should do?
If you get grabbed at the ledge (meaning you are now hanging off), you will get 0-100% with dthrow.

Sounds to me like Pika vs Falco is like IC vs Falco.
Not really. It's more like any character vs a falco that falco is able to CG. Once you get past that. 23% or so the whole match up is back to normal as you no longer have a CG to worry about. Plus, pikachu cannot do I direct kill out of this I believe.

Top Bottom