• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Good **** Axe!

Unfortunate but the 17th is still awesome =D.

T'was so excited watching you pwn scar on the livestream ^_^.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea, thanks 4 the updates vman

Axe made me wanna pick up pikachu.

Edit:ppl are saying that axe beat linguini, anybody kno for sure?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
axe didn't do anything pichu couldn't do he didn't tail spike, down-smash, or whatever. pichu has a bigger sheild(way Easier powersheilds) and grab range and faster. Of course it was axe playing not anyone esle.

way to ****

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
axe didn't do anything pichu couldn't do he didn't tail spike, down-smash, or whatever. pichu has a bigger sheild(way Easier powersheilds) and grab range and faster. Of course it was axe playing not anyone esle.

way to ****
man, you plug pichu like vman plugs axe :-)

and is it wierd that when vman said axe lost to mango I was surprised, like its wierd, like I expect kage and axe to beat mango a majority of the time for some reason, but good **** axe.

edit: does anyone know how good chad did and wtf I see n64 in doubles and not singles, and if mogwai went pika in any of his pools round 1 or 2 matches? lotta questions, i know

defsithe

Smash Ace
man, you plug pichu like vman plugs axe :-)

and is it wierd that when vman said axe lost to mango I was surprised, like its wierd, like I expect kage and axe to beat mango a majority of the time for some reason, but good **** axe.

edit: does anyone know how good chad did and wtf I see n64 in doubles and not singles, and if mogwai went pika in any of his pools round 1 or 2 matches? lotta questions, i know
axe has said he doesnt like th pika vs jiggz match, so i wonder if he went pika versus him. he might have gone falco/fox if mango went puff, or he might have played falco dittoes or something . then again this is all just speculation i have no idea. so i guess +1 post count...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah axe way better than me I'm simply saying pikachu sucks don't read it as I think pichu is better it's just I say pikachu sucks because I freakin hate his grab and how unbelievely easy it is to sweetspot with him compared to pichu and everyone says pichu is the worse or something like that.

Really I kindof hate pikachu a little only person I won't touch in smash. PS i'm playing pokemon yellow right now.

But for not playing as pikachu I would say I know a fair amount about him I know some retarted stuff NO ONE cares or knows about.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i didn't go Pikachu in my pools. I wasn't playing well enough to **** around at all in tourney.

owait, actually, I went Pikachu in teams pools and got off a bit vs. Jesse (Darkrain's wife) and some dude who's name I can't remember. Gah, I didn't play nearly enough at this tourney period, let alone with Pikachu. Thank god I at least caught up to Axe on Monday :p.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
YAY AXE

I want to see the vids where you lost too, though.

You have this interesting quirk where you are able to (incredibly) short hop the up air where one would normally get shield grabbed, thus popping scar up in the air for an instant combo.

soap

Smash Hero
i got to play N64 for the first time

pika mains scare me with their uairs, they are like always swatting me around with it

i don't know what i would do without my trusty bair

AXE 09

Smash Master
so all i gotta say is... Pound 4 was AMAZING! =D

i'll post more later lol. i love all you pika guys :)

N64, Toasty, Chad, Mogwai... i even met this one fox main who had a really good pikachu, but i forgot his name. i don't see why he doesn't main pika lol. man pound 4 was so awesome!!!! pika mains are the best lol

i kinda forgot who else i met from the pika boards, my memory just sux so bad haha. i think i asked who mogwai was like 3 times after meeting him, and the only reason i could remember who N64 was was because he was carrying around a pikachu lol. Toasty was easy to remember though, he's so freakin tight!

AXE 09

Smash Master
yeah! it was kels. he should definately main pikachu lol. makes no sense why he doesn't.

dang ICG, that tourney seems awesome, but it's so far away lol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Not as far as pound 4 but why does it seem awesome? I was asking for some advice for training really this will be the first melee tourment i've been to i've been to a few brawl ones to play melee and have played with other people but yeah hype.

Also how come no one has ever called me a nerd? I really am a nerd for melee pichu I really believe that even if no one has told me that. But yeah I ride my bike to be a nerd so whatever.

BunBun

Smash Master
Axe: good stuff at pound dude!

Also, I'm calling this one before it gets going. Kels can **** me with his fox all day for saying this, but his Pika only looks awesome. It's like a basketball made of bunnies and daimonds; it looks super awesome but isn't effective at all.

Kels, much love, but stay pika next time in pools with me. >.>
if you read this, pika vs pichu rematch at smym?

BunBun

Smash Master
Also, major bitterness in the above post from the last time he wrecked me in tourney.

But Kels is still, after all, my hero ( and I have the shirt to prove it!)

soap

Smash Hero
Not as far as pound 4 but why does it seem awesome? I was asking for some advice for training really this will be the first melee tourment i've been to i've been to a few brawl ones to play melee and have played with other people but yeah hype.

Also how come no one has ever called me a nerd? I really am a nerd for melee pichu I really believe that even if no one has told me that. But yeah I ride my bike to be a nerd so whatever.
if it makes you feel better, I have thought you are a pretty weird kid for a while now :)

but you seriously haven't been to a tourney?

you know sooo much about pichu!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Pikachu shouldn't lose to pichu that's all I can say pichu is only a little faster but I geuss pichu is trickyer so maybe you would see some crazy mind games.

I've played a few people i've just never been to a melee tourement only brawl sadly but only to play melee. LOL you don't know my age I could be a F***ed up 40 year old guy wanting to **** people(happened to me last time I had that badysitter and that wasn't tickleing).

I study him and minds that's how I work I really have a book of pichu ideas of tactics, mindgames or whatever. Also when I say minds I mean I mentally play myself kindof like if you have ever played checkers by yourself for a few matches you figure out basic tricks and safe tactics and what to watch out for and when you play you only lose like what one piece.

I hate how I talk/learn more about pichu in the pikachu boards that anywhere esle I freakin hate it. But I love you guys even if I say pikachu sucks more than needed.

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright guys, i've been thinking lately....

so when i Bthrow fox/falco at a moderately low percent, i usually try to full jump -> thunder jolt at them and tailspike while they're in their fox fire/fire bird. it was working alright for me up until pound 4. it worked sometimes, but it missed a majority of the times.... so i've been thinking about some new things to do lately.

I forgot who showed me this, but it was either N64 or Chad, so credit goes to either one of these 2 players. but basically... if you Fthrow Fox/falco at a low percent off the edge, if you just spam your headbutts, the player will usually double jump right into them, whether they shine stall or not. it seems very tricky to get around and worked nearly every time i tried it. once they fall from the headbutts, they're forced to up b, and from there you can dropzone Dair, Dropzone weak Nair -> tailspike, or just drop, double jump, tailspike, depending on where they do their up-b. this was extremely useful for me at Pound for, and i wanna thank one of you two for showing me this.

but what can you do from a Bthrow besides jump out towards them, thunder jolt, then tailspike? i kept missing with this. i've seen festizzio do Bthrow -> skullbash -> tailspike. i found that to be hilarious lol. but way too risky. i want to find a way to get pretty much a guaranteed kill after you bthrow a spacie off the edge...

i did something for the first time at Pound. after i Bthrew a Fox off the stage, i knew that he was going to shine stall, so i fell off the stage, he started his shine stall, and i just still tailspiked him, even though he didn't use his double jump or anything and he couldn't recover. but still... this isn't guaranteed, but it was kinda cool that i read him like that lol. that's an option if you know that your opponent is gonna shine stall, and it doesn't seem too risky, although there is still some risk involved.

after pound i was thinking of some strategies....

maybe like... after a Bthrow, you could like... do a down angle'd Ftilt at the ledge, incase they try to double jump back and grab the edge. if they get hit by the Ftilt, you know what to do from there. if they decide to double jump backwards and forward b, you could SH/full jump Nair, setting you up for a good edgeguard.... but if they double jump backwards and Up B, and you can't react fast enough to go out and tailspike because you're waiting to see if they forward B or not, then they could go anywhere... sweetspot, up-b strait into you, or above you...

maybe after you ftilt and they double jump backwards avoiding your ftilt, you could jump out and Nair, so if they Forward B, you will hit them with the weak Nair, and you could double jump backwards and Dair or something. and if they just use their up-b instead of forward B, you can easily double jump-tailspike them

but what if right after the Bthrow, they shine stall? i guess after your Ftilt misses, you could throw out another one....

these are all just throughs. basically, i'm just curious...

has anyone ever though of a flawless plan to completely eliminate all options for them to recover after you Bthrow them off the edge? i'm gonna try to test everything i can to get a guaranteed kill on a spacie after a Bthrow. watching this match also made me think about everything i could've done. i feel like there could be a way to eliminate all options for a spacie to recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fo19lmlwk

EDIT: LOL!!!!! omg, <3 Mogwai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hugarQ0qo

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
What about b throw Grab ledge to uair on stage and then tail spike? ive done it before but I only mess around wit chu, I dont main him.

defsithe

Smash Ace
i think what i would do if they were gonna shine stall i would go and throw out a f-air cuz i think i have a greater chance of that hitting, and forcing them to up-b or jump. and then catch them with an u-air?

idk i need to play a match to see if that is what i would actually do, saturday i have a tourny and im pretty sure everyone is gonna play falco/fox so ill test things out and report back.

BunBun

Smash Master
BunBun: I found the perfect answer to your Bthrow Fox/Falco problem
BunBun: Thunder
BunBun: no, but for real
BunBun: a thunderjolt on the ledge if they do anything other than jump up and smash b
BunBun: the bouncy trajectory catches them if they go to the ledge and acts like the headbutt situation
BunBun: but it also covers a bit above you
Axe: oh snaps! what's up man lol
Axe: ok but what if they double jump backwards and Forward B?
Axe: you might still be suffering from the lag of the thunderjolt
BunBun: You're already out of lag from your thunderjolt
BunBun: if they do it that quick
Axe: hmmmm...
Axe: i'm gonna try it
BunBun: then they get hit by the first arc
BunBun: the only thing you have to watch is the recovering high
BunBun: *them
Axe: hmmmm....
Axe: i'll try it out
Axe: that actually sounds good
BunBun: yeah
BunBun: just make sure it hits the ground xD
BunBun: Chad likes the ftilt > nair
Axe: now that i think about it
Axe: that's actually a very good idea man
BunBun: xD
Axe: i'm definately going to try it
BunBun: that's 100% pichu love
Axe: i'm just worried about the lag from the thunderjolt
Axe: because i play a lot of players who forward be kinda fast...
BunBun: I see that
Axe: i'm trying to picture it in my head
BunBun: I'm watching your match vs mango
BunBun: and he goes high above you
Axe: should i like... go back a bit before my thunderjolt?
BunBun: EVERY time
Axe: hmmmm....
Axe: i know man! i FINALLY realized that after watching
BunBun: that should just be a nair lol
Axe: i know but it's like....
Axe: i'm scared lol

And then later:
BunBun: what about full jumping and fast falling a down air?
BunBun: (earlier problem)
Axe: hmmmm...
Axe: like after the thunder jolt?
Axe: or like just no thunder jolt?
BunBun: no jolt
Axe: well
Axe: what if they up-b?
BunBun: to where?
BunBun: the ledge?
Axe: lol i mean double jump backwards and up-b
BunBun: The dair should be over
BunBun: but if not
BunBun: then it would have just hit the ground
Axe: oh you mean land back on the stage?
BunBun: and since it hits all around it on the ground
BunBun: yeah
BunBun: do it so you land at the edge
BunBun: so the thunder part guards the edge
BunBun: slam your pika's face into the ground
BunBun: the height should catch them if they quickly smash b
BunBun: and the bottom part should cover the other options

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You should just stand there and do nothing sometimes and then punish them for doing stuff.

Seriously, it's such a mind****.

Top Bottom