• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

N64

Smash Champion
axe: it was probably chad who told you that. For low % bthrows I like just downangled ftilting, and then trying to catch them if they go elsewhere. Ftilt covers the dj ledgegrab and any low-ish forwardBs. If they go high, you can usually still chase them with an aerial or waveland->grab on platforms. If they forwardB over the top of your hitbox though, then ouch. Dunno if there's a universal edgeguard against them at low percents (though I'm liking bthrow -> upB out and back at mid percents), just play the good ol prediction game. If you do it right, they'll feel like they die no matter what they do.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Like for edge gaurd? I would think just a little bit I know the sourspot can hit lowish I edge gaurded a peach in training mode with it it's really good if they are at like 250%

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I dont usually do the full jump thundershock.

I tend to bide my time and wait...usually trying to read them and throwing out a foward tilt just in case the quick recovery comes works best for me.

Backthrow and immediate thunder works super well as a mindgame on a low percentage falcon. I've gotten some quick stocks off of some elite falcons that way. It might work on the spacies, though it's harder.

I downsmash if the spacing is right.

Usually I avoid the thundersock except in cases where they are far away and Im closing off avenues for them to recover, ala samus or whatever.

AXE 09

Smash Master
so i tried doing bthrow -> thunderjolt (so it hits the floor and goes down the wall), but it doesn't work =(

my opponent just double jumped backwards and did their forward B, and i was still in the lag of throwing out my thundershock. so that's a no-go lol

i didn't get to try out much. i usually just went for full jumping off the stage and doing the thunderjolt in the air so it hits them out of their thunderjolt, then tailspike

i'll try out more things next time i play.

man.... pikachu's so cute lol

i wonder what would happen if you did Bthrow, then immediately start charging a Dsmash? and as soon as they double jump, release it. if they hit it, i wonder which way they'll be sent flying lol

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Is there some glitch with Pikachu?

I was playing on Battlefield vs. lvl 9 marth, and I used his Up+B. On the last part of his up+B marth like did neurtal A and I shot forward.

I was like near the ledge, I did his up+B and I went straight up and then I went straight left. Marth did his jab A on the ground and it hit me out of my Up+B and I shot forward LIKE I did Up+B again, but I didn't. It was the weirdest thing...

BunBun

Smash Master
Maybe Marth's jab has the properties of a projectile O_o.

Come to think of it, that up+b thing might just work on any disjointed hitbox.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Is there some glitch with Pikachu?

I was playing on Battlefield vs. lvl 9 marth, and I used his Up+B. On the last part of his up+B marth like did neurtal A and I shot forward.

I was like near the ledge, I did his up+B and I went straight up and then I went straight left. Marth did his jab A on the ground and it hit me out of my Up+B and I shot forward LIKE I did Up+B again, but I didn't. It was the weirdest thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTWI2f6AIE

axe does it a few times in there.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Well, I'm not talking about the double Up+B up or sideways.

In my case, I had already used my Up+B to go up once, and I used the other part of the Up+B to go left, in which Marth hit me and I sped across the ground as if I did another Up+B, but I didn't.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well, I'm not talking about the double Up+B up or sideways.

In my case, I had already used my Up+B to go up once, and I used the other part of the Up+B to go left, in which Marth hit me and I sped across the ground as if I did another Up+B, but I didn't.
I take it you didn't watch it then -_- (axe does it intentionally twice in the vid to effectively teleport across stage into a reverse fsmash).

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I've watched the vid before. But did he do like 3 up+B's in a row? I didn't press up+B when I 'teleported.'

EDIT: ok. I watched the vid, but does this only happen with projectiles, cuz it happened with Marth's sword... :O

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
No it doesnt only happen with projectiles.

I heard it worked with any move of equal priority, which includes most characters jabs or something..

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol. yes, it works with ANY move with equal priority as pikachu's up-b (which has pretty low priority).

Marth's jab has the same priority as pikachu's up-b, so if you do the first zip of the up-b to the floor, then the 2nd zip horizontally and your 2nd zip is interrupted with marth's jab, then you will super wavedash

this will happen with MOST character's jabs

for the most part, the only times i'll do it on purpose will be on projectiles only because they're the easiest to do it on since you can know where they're going to be. it'd be extremely difficult to read when your opponent is gonna jab or something, but it's pretty easy to tell when... say... link is going to throw his boomerang. you have a lot of time to react

i've done it twice on falco's shine on accident lol. both times i did it, the person who i was playing with and i were laughing for like 5 minutes

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
hey, so I was talkin to cyrain, and apearently tope went all pika his first round of pools.

/discuss

edit: apearently it wasn't ALL pika, but the way we talked, I believe tope did bring out the chu for a little

man, this discussion starter is way less cooler when I find out he didn't go all pika

:-(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lol it's not THAT gay

it's more axe's fault for going pikachu ;)

***** SHOULDA WENT FALCO

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
well I don't believe you can change characters in crews unless they counterpick a stage, and do you really feel someone playing a top tier chaingrabing a low tier is NOT gay? I seriously wanna spit on people who chain grab low tiers with shiek

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
@ bun bun - why, you gonna go shiek on me and chainthrow me or something, cause I'll tell you now, I will NOT spit in your face, but the urge to will be there.

@ICG - booser never looks happy

PS: can't wait for smym, zig, are you gonna be able to come, or you got school johns?
D. desciple, if you read this, are you comin? And axe, you should really come too, you know what, all pikas should come :-D

AXE 09

Smash Master
to be honest, i don't even know anything about smym lol. what/where/when is it??

EDIT: OMG MY NAME'S PINK!!!!! XD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well, you never hug booser do you? That's the problem people don't hug prickly things enough.

Hey axe isn't today 9/11? D*** terrorist. oh wait never mind I just waited a pearl harbor thing and i'm dumb sorry.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
first of all - ICG wtf man, like your posts, like, what is this I don't even

2nd of all - SMYM is like march 13 or something in champaign illinois, #9 broke 100 people, #10 did as well, like the top people from the coasts are showing up to take some MW money, you could too. And if your worried about not being able to find a teamate ;-)
<---(needs a teamate) ...just sayin

but seriously, you need to come

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Umm........ OH yeah..

Axe...man...

he's .....like......really........really.........really...........really.........REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY GOOD!

<33333333

Incronaut

Smash Ace
yo! ive been thinking of maining pika for a while now.. ive been discouraged before, but since connor himself said its fun (and he told me pika sucks!) i think im gonna stick with the rat!

im not very good and i need to go to more tournaments but hopefully pika will show some results!!! YEAHHHHH

Top Bottom