• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hold down, then downtilt, ftilt, turn-around utilt, roll, or shield vs all approaches.
or just use down B:) nothing gets pass the rock!! not even grabs lmao

so i'm also curious.... does everybody here only play pikachu? or do you use other characters too? maybe i should ask... do you have another character that's just as good/better than your pikachu?

my falco's about as good as my pikachu, i mostly use those 2 in tourneys. my fox isn't as good, but on rare occasions my fox actually performs just as well. but for the most part, only my falco can compare to my pika ^^ what about for everyone else?

soap

Smash Hero
i have some characters that are almost as good as my pikachu

i just dont use pika in tourney though, cuz i feel its unfair to people

festizzio

Smash Champion
or just use down B:) nothing gets pass the rock!! not even grabs lmao

so i'm also curious.... does everybody here only play pikachu? or do you use other characters too? maybe i should ask... do you have another character that's just as good/better than your pikachu?

my falco's about as good as my pikachu, i mostly use those 2 in tourneys. my fox isn't as good, but on rare occasions my fox actually performs just as well. but for the most part, only my falco can compare to my pika ^^ what about for everyone else?
pikachu is my only tournament character

sometimes i'll try fox against sheiks, but that's it

although i do go falcon/falco/fox/marth against opponents i'm fairly confident i can beat no matter what

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I main m2 and marth. With the exception of fighting marths, and some sheiks m2 would be my first choice.

I sometimes use falco, falcon, to counter ganon or marth but it really depends on how I feel. Im comfortable playing smash lets just say.

pikachu I can do vs a FF and other than that I dont have much matchup exp, but Im trying to get some.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I main m2 and marth. With the exception of fighting marths, and some sheiks m2 would be my first choice.

I sometimes use falco, falcon, to counter ganon or marth but it really depends on how I feel. Im comfortable playing smash lets just say.

pikachu I can do vs a FF and other than that I dont have much matchup exp, but Im trying to get some.
heck yeah dude, my dubs partner uses m2 also lol. it's freakin insane. i love pika vs mewtwo! it's hard but really fun

Festizzio, i think it's pretty tight that you mostly only play with a low tier. that makes you even more epic!

N64

Smash Champion
Reaper you made a grammatical error! You are no longer cool like me. I never make mistakes. Hmph.

Um, I play pika in every tourney match that matters because I'm garbage with everyone else. I'm working on my sheik though.

Edit: I've technically played fox, sheik, and mario in serious tourney matches. Fox when someone CP'd rainbow cruise on me as sheik and i was scared, mario when DJN 4-stocked my pika (T-T) with mario (and then I only got 1stocked in the following mario ditto), and sheik a few times when my pika feels terrible or i'm uncomfortable with the matchup.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Dammit >.< I was gonna say "You're terrible with all those characters" but then I realized that I have no idea if he's actually terrible with all those characters so I just changed it >_>

Top Tier:
N64

High Tier:
Pink Reaper

Bottom Tier:
Everyone in the MBR who doesnt main low tier

I really wish I could play Pikachu, he seems like a fun character to play. But then again, I really wish I could play Fox as well, cus he, you know, wins >.>

AXE 09

Smash Master
LMAO @ the bottom tier. i totally agree with that hahahaha

wow N64, i never really noticed how grammatically correct you are. i suck at typing... i like... need to capitalize more letters lol

so lately i've been playing a little bit of roy... he's suprisingly pretty fun =O

but not as fun as pikachu :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Only thing ive been doing lately is playing vs mode with no opponent.

I been practicing shield stopping. Its ****ing ****, soooo much more control. REally useful with all my characters except m2 cuz his dash is kinda garb. So I can stop my momentum, but I didnt have much in the first place. WD all day wit him

AXE 09

Smash Master
Only thing ive been doing lately is playing vs mode with no opponent.

I been practicing shield stopping. Its ****ing ****, soooo much more control. REally useful with all my characters except m2 cuz his dash is kinda garb. So I can stop my momentum, but I didnt have much in the first place. WD all day wit him
i know what you mean man, it's awesome lol. another thing brawl doesn't have :p

so here's a question to you all.... when you hit a floaty character with a full jump up air, and you have a choice of using any ariel attack on them... which do you choose?

i THINK that down air, neutral air, AND back air all give the same damage if they're not stale, but i'm not 100% sure. should i test that out too?

well basically... which one do you like to use? for some reason, after i hit a character with an up air, i love to do a down air. i dunno why, it's just cool to electrify them i guess lol

N64

Smash Champion
I usually double jump dair if I think it can hit. Its knockback is pretty good and it has very little lag after it, just takes a bit to start up (but uair has enough stun anyhow). Otherwise, i'll bair and try to ledgecancel it or something.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I tend to downair or nair.

I use nair more often so in that situation I downair because I use it alot less.

Its just a repertoire booster.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I always use bair after the uair. It's a longer hitbox so it's much easier to hit with, and it also works at more percents than dair and comes out faster so they have less time to recover.

soap

Smash Hero
dair if the spacing is given

bair if they arent high enough

if there are platforms i always do some unneccesary waveland followup that doesnt always work

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Axe lies! After he U-airs you, He pushes something called the "rapesauce" button, about 4 seconds later. You're too amazed, by how he just comboed you and took your stock in the epidemy of 5 seconds..

I'm a witness/suspect/culprit/victim.. i've seen it all.. Axe just ***** you after he hits you. Just put your controller down, you're not going to live! =]

Talwind

Smash Cadet
I need help fighting Luigis. Nothing seems to combo him well or at all. Any strats?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Axe does combos after Uair. Like, really long ridiculous combos.

Somehow.

I don't get it I don't even...

I'm actually really curious as to how Pika fights Luigi. Does he camp platform and then punish Luigi for having awful aerial mobility with really big hitbox move? That seems to be how everyone does it against Luigi nowadays.

AXE 09

Smash Master
LOL you guys are too much :p hahaha i miss you tim :p

and mewtwo isn't top tier, only vman's mewtwo is (freakin up-b edge cancel shadow claws into some sort of death combo that i can't even see cuz it's too fast)

hmmmmm.... against luigi? i suprisingly have a bit of luigi experience lol

honestly, there's not too much you can combo with... the most reliable combo is just neutral - up smash.

but against luigi, what I love to do is jump strait at him, then waveland back. normally he'll wave dash forward and downsmash/f-tilt/something else lol. but you can punish him... if you get him in the air, pretty much the only thing he can do is neutral

if he's in the air, if you jump, pretending like you're going to attack, he'll immediately neutral (at least, that's what the luigi's i fight do). if you just bait him into doing a neutral while he's falling, you can punish him easily, since it has so much lag.

usually, comboing luigi isn't the best idea, since he can pretty much break out of all of them... instead, i just like to fake approach him then punish him, and repeat. also, if you're not sure what he's going to do, a forward tilt can pretty much stop all of his approaches. f-tilt is your friend lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
heck yeah zig zag, that's what i'm talking about! good videos lol.

i've never seen your pika before, kaostar. do you have any vids?

festizzio

Smash Champion
A little interesting but pretty much useless thing I found out a while ago:

If you're on a small enough platform (like the one connecting the lower and upper parts of Hyrule Temple), you can infinitely jab a space animal that missed a tech and they will count as consecutive hits (my arm got tired around hit 200, but by that time they were at like 250%), but for some reason it only works on 1.0, I know for sure it doesn't work on 1.2, not so sure about 1.1.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lmao that's pretty funny. unfortunately, my friend's borrowing my 1.1 right now so i can't test it =( but that's a funny discovery lmao

festizzio

Smash Champion
I've always wanted to trap a spacey on the rock stage on pokemon stadium, but I've never been able to set it up before. :( They might be able to DI out of it, though.

N64

Smash Champion
on stadium they can smash DI up and sometimes make it to the next platform, but this is at like probably over 200% anyways so yeah. It's nifty.

Top Bottom