• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

AXE 09

Smash Master
omg heck yeah chad!!! that's what i'm talkin about!!!

lol. wow, a MM, kirbykaze? lol alright, i guess so. do you use sheik? you should see me vs. tope. he chaingrabbed the crap outta me lol. it kinda sucked. i guess i could spare you some money haha ^^ i'm totally down for a MM

omg good stuff too, n64!! dude, pikachu ***** hahaha

AXE 09

Smash Master
well ideally i'd do one with your space animals after if i won :lick:

edit: i said i'd cg gently ^.^
lol don't be too rough on me. are you going to pat's house? if so, we should totally do a MM there :p and when i get sick of losing money we should just do a bunch of friendlies lol

haha N64, don't get too wild on us now :p

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
omg heck yeah chad!!! that's what i'm talkin about!!!

lol. wow, a MM, kirbykaze? lol alright, i guess so. do you use sheik? you should see me vs. tope. he chaingrabbed the crap outta me lol. it kinda sucked. i guess i could spare you some money haha ^^ i'm totally down for a MM

omg good stuff too, n64!! dude, pikachu ***** hahaha
Haha, I asked my friend who mains falco fox and falcon to play me so I could get some more practice.

so he picked sheik. how gay

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol don't be too rough on me. are you going to pat's house? if so, we should totally do a MM there :p and when i get sick of losing money we should just do a bunch of friendlies lol

haha N64, don't get too wild on us now :p
I'm pretty sure I'll lose lololol.

I'm pretty bad at this game.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol it's cool, i don't mind losing 5 bucks.

dude kaostar, that's so ********! i'd totally help you train if i could

AXE 09

Smash Master
lollllllllllll

i like you, you're funny

<3
lol! thanks man, you're a pretty awesome dude yourself :p

DUDE kaostar! that'd be so freakin amazing if you came to AZ! dude if you come anytime, you HAVE to let me know. we gotta play hahaha

so something pikachu related..... i promise i'm not trying to say that i'm the shiznit or trying to be conceited or anything, but...

i've heard a lot of people say that i'm the best pikachu. how would anybody know that if i haven't faught anther or anything? i haven't really proved anything lol

defsithe

Smash Ace
i play a guy who played anther back in michigan. we have this discussion about who is better axe or anther.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude defsithe, i miss everyone down there in the valley. good times man lol.

is there a way to prove who's better? isn't anther like amazing at brawl now?

defsithe

Smash Ace
dude defsithe, i miss everyone down there in the valley. good times man lol.

is there a way to prove who's better? isn't anther like amazing at brawl now?
dude i no we miss u too. as for proving who is better thats tough. yall would need to attend the same tourny and play roughly the same people. pound 4?? or something like that. pika dittoes r lame and wont solve anything.

but yeah anther is like the best at brawl or something i dont no, dont follow that game.

or paper, rock, scissors that ****. best of 5. lol.

festizzio

Smash Champion
1. Play against the best player of every character, like M2K for marth, mango for puff, etc.

2. win/lose matches

3. whoever wins more is the better pikachu

AXE 09

Smash Master
ahaha you guys are so freakin awesome :p

powershielding is good, yes yes!

sadly i can't go to pound 4 =( but i'll be at Pat's house:)

and defsithe, you made the right decision. brawl's not the right way to go lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
as for forward air, the only thing that i found to be a TRUE combo (i tried everything in training mode) was if you shffl a forward air, then jab (little headbut thing lol). that's a true combo. i tried everything else, even a rising uair, and it wouldn't work. i couldn't tell if it was a true combo with a grab though. obviously, training mode wouldn't show that. so... not too sure haha.
late, but if you couldn't get f-tilt to combo from f-air then grab doesn't combo, as it is 2 frames slower than F-tilt.

soap

Smash Hero
i would take sheik to pokemon stadium as pika

its irksome for sheik cuz she can't shffl easily under platforms

plus u got easy vert kills

plus u have homefield advantage

take marth to? prolly stadium too

festizzio

Smash Champion
if axe isn't going to pound 4 then neither am i!!! (also i don't have any money, but that's just minor details)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
what do you mean how do you know jeff?

EVERYBODY FREAKIN KNOWS... UR THE BEST PIKACHU.. i'm a slap you in the face.....next stupid comment you make jeff.

<3 axe

AXE 09

Smash Master
What are good CP stages against sheiks and marths?
hmmmm... against sheik, if you're afraid of the chaingrab, maybe FoD could be your best bet, since you could be safe with the extremely low platforms. then again, you can't move as freely

personally against both sheik and marth (and pretty much against most other characters) i LOVE battlefield. i dunno why, but i just love that stage for pika. it's amazing lol. stadium wouldn't be a bad pick either since the stage changes, and the platforms are pretty low as well.

gah! festizzio, you have to go!!! we need some sort of pika reps lol. now go out there and represent our pikachus!!

lol gosh darn it Tim, you're always so demanding hahaha

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
1. Why does it matter who the "best" pikachu is, can't we be a untited char forum and not a split one?

2. Now I don't mean to be spouting another players horn, especially if they don't want the attention, and I'm sorry chad if you don't, but Idk kirby and vector, at genesis chad placed just as well as axe did, and I know thats just one tourney, but chad pretty much places well at like every tourney that I see him go to.

3. For CP against marth or shiek my obvious first answer is corneria, because marth dies easily and shiek can't really chain grab, but thats gonna get banned. So I would say dream land because your taking advantage of the fact that you have better recovery than marth and way better recovery than shiek. The platforms aren't gayely in favor for marth like every other level with platforms.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I know all that, but Axe does SWD F-smash combos.

Pikachad just does good spacing and thinking stuff.

Thinking is so 2006.

I just felt like poking in a fun topic. Don't take what I say in the Pikachu boards seriously. At all. Except when I say I'm sexually attracted to N64. That's all true.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I now know why Pikachu feels so different in Brawl:

And man, Axe, you gotta tell me when the next tourney in Phoenix is so you can teach me some stuff. Then we can be Pika pals and **** tourneys as a team. :bee:

Btw, Pikachu in sunglasses is the greatest thing ever. Someone needs to edit that out of the comic so it can be my avvy. :cool:

EDIT: Our names are too similar. You're gonna have to change yours.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
no pichu's eyes aren't brown and tdk_Samurai is right abouut counter pick stages. maybe pokeflaoties if you feel good there.
I actually typed my response last night then my cpu crashed, and I had pokefloats as a CP against shiek cause your relatively more manueverable than her. And there is no ledges for her to cancel her up b lag so you can punish the heck out of her, and she is going to have one hell of a time trying to chaingrab you on onyx or chansey, or....umm, I don't know the rest.

But I forgot to put that back in my response today, but yea.

But I'm not like a top pika, so I could be wrong, and you could prolly wait for n64 to respond, since he is like wikipikachu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I am the wikipichu, oh yeah for both pikachu and pichu their neutral tech has more inv. frames so yeah. And when sheik d-throws you and you miss a tech di up so when she trys to jab rest you you should be able to nair her more likly to work for pichu due to lightness

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I got a little tired of "best pikachu" around 2007. I kind of forgot we still talked about that.

Truly, we need to act as a pika community. Not just for keeping the character in the spotlight, but for melee itself. The more characters we keep thriving, the more melee as a while continues to evolve. I want both Chad and Axe to place in tournies, not just one or the other.

Except Andy is still wrong. Shiek is pika's worst matchup, cmon!

Top Bottom