• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay apparently Zig can't take a joke from an inconsequential player. Zig check your PM's because I don't want to derail this topic any futher.

For the record: Zig is a billion billion billion times better than me and I would never dream of giving any other impression before his throngs of Pikachu-playing admirers.

- Back on topic -

So is there any safe way of approaching Peach when she's on the ground or should I just give up that idea altogether?

N64

Smash Champion
Give up. No hope. Pick falcon or something.

But seriously um, there's jolts. Usually you want to jolt to try to force her into the air and then get under her and things get a lot easier. In practice though, it doesn't honestly work well. Try to bait her into whiffing something then fsmash. Then mix it up and just run in and grab. Pika vs. peach is a lot of making her guess how you're approaching.

Man that didn't make much sense. Eh, matchup's tough.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I love everyone!

Andy speaks the truth. Peach is more about running around and popping her up in the air and stuff. Float canceling makes ftilting her stuff too risky. Landing anywhere near her shield is risky. In fact, I dont really get why any pika player says peach is easy for them. Its a moderately tough match up in my opinion.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I thinking people should call chaddd chadddandorf.....maybe?....No?....idk
Definitely not.

It's not my fault there's an entire community of gamers who's brains almost explode at the thought of two people having the same name. If there's any confusion at all, it's only slight and momentary. I mean, there's Renegade and Renegade Marth, Chudatz and ChuDat.

From time to time, people have the same name. It's not mind blowing or anything.

Skler

Smash Master
SKRAAaaa...aa...****

This thread should be about how amazing N64 is in teams. Dude gimps people all day every day.

Is Pikachu a decent team character or is N64 just that ****ing good?

-Chad-

Slackerator
Yeah the name mixup isn't a huge deal, it's humorous usually.

Next time someone thinks I'm Chaddd I'm going to just agree that I am and play only Pika still.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yeah the name mixup isn't a huge deal, it's humorous usually.

Next time someone thinks I'm Chaddd I'm going to just agree that I am and play only Pika still.
One time Cornel and I had a kid ask us which one of us was chaddd, so we told him we were each other. To this day there's some kid walking around that thinks chaddd is a tall black guy and c is a tall white guy. loool.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Definitely not.

It's not my fault there's an entire community of gamers who's brains almost explode at the thought of two people having the same name. If there's any confusion at all, it's only slight and momentary. I mean, there's Renegade and Renegade Marth, Chudatz and ChuDat.

From time to time, people have the same name. It's not mind blowing or anything.
wtf, did you do a name search on yourself? I was not expecting you to reply to that.

and for the record, I didn't actually mean what I said, I was just trying to make a joke.

N64

Smash Champion
chaddd's fair stretches across all boards. He sees everything in one semi-laggy swoop.

Also, pika is a good teammate to most. I like him in teams. Others' thoughts?

Also also, yes skler, I am that amazing. Skler + N64 = ****.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i played against you in teams in a friendly once and it was annoying as hell you were dsmashing and uairing all over the place

so yeah maybe pikachu is good in teams, doesnt have to build all that % all by himself like he would in singles

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah. In teams pikachu is like a cute furry rampant disruption. He can run around dsmashing and uairing until kill percent, then go for spikes or usmashes. Also as long as something doesn't initially kill him, he can recover from it, and stall pretty long off the edge if need be.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I always kinda disliked him in teams because of how light and killable he is =x

He's not really that bad though, I've used him primarily in teams lately.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol long story actually...

so my dubs partner back in the day (named brian) and i were about to go to our first tournament (AZone). when we were getting ready in the morning to head out, we started talking about what our tags should be. we were thinking about just being shock and shine, cuz i was pikachu and he was fox (yeah, lame, i know lol)

but we were like "man, those names seem like they'll be to common. we gotta think about something else, but what?"

we started putting on our deodorants. go figure... i was using axe, and he was using tag. so we were like... let's make our names axe and tag! heck yeah!

then we decided that our team name would be the B.O. Busters lmao

Skler

Smash Master
That's a much better story than how I got my name.

Pikaaaaaa!

Pikachu players are too awesome.

Edit: Nice location, N64. Was that you knocking on my window?

N64

Smash Champion
I expected axe got his name from the tool he uses to execute his opponent.

That's how I got my name.

<3 skler

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So I recently picked up pikachu, like 4 days ago.

And ive been doin pretty well but I had a few questions I might as well ask so I dont have to practice them.

First: can you fair or nair to grab as an uninterrupted combo. ie it always works if say timing is right.

how effective is the chain grab on falcon, fox, falco.

what are some advanced up +B things to do.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Watch Axe! heheh.. lol idk actually, just w8 till axe posts, he'll have some advice *better than mine for ya* i just tell people that wanna learn pika to just watch axe lol.. some help I am

Axe *****! n n

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace

And ive been doin pretty well but I had a few questions I might as well ask so I dont have to practice them.

First: can you fair or nair to grab as an uninterrupted combo. ie it always works if say timing is right.

- I don't know about fair -> grab, I find it works a lot but I heard its not a "true" combo.

- The chain grab is extremely effective and easy, provided they don't have platforms to escape to.

- Up- b stuff: grab edge from on the stage. From the edge you can use it to interrupt people's recovery and then regrab the edge. Make sure you're able to land from it with little lag, by landing slightly above the ground. Then theres a bunch of places on stages with specific angles that I've just come to memorize, that you can land with little lag and its easy.
I can give examples if you want.

AXE 09

Smash Master

alright!! another pika player lol. i'm glad.

so... as far as fair to grab, i DON'T think it's a true combo, but i'm not 100% sure. i think i'm gonna go to training mode and see if fair can combo into anything. i normally don't use fair much, but a lot of other pika's do.

for sure, you can definately nair to grab, and it will be a true combo, you just have to do it right and at the right percents.

chaingrabbing is VERY effective against fox, falco, and falcon if they don't have a platform to escape to. you can pretty much chaingrab them from a very low % to death (can you start at 0%? i usually miss if i try to grab again and they DI)

as far as advanced up b tricks... lol there's a lot. i don't even know where to begin. basically, sweetspotting the edge and edge cancelling your up b are the best decisions... you should definately mess around with it lol. i like to use it as an offensive attack off the edge. just play around with it, or watch some cool pika vids. i'm sure you can learn a lot lol.

timmy! hi hehe

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ok good ****.

So if not sweet spotting the edge, pikachu does have less landing lag when he goes into a falling motion first?

and yea ive done a few up B kills. CAN you ledge cancel the up b while landing or is it just as ur falling even a short distance with forward momentum?

Also I take it the jc grab is better and he doesnt really have a dash attack cancel grab right?

and Ill go look at some vids. cuz I could use a few new tricks. but I was wrecking a few of my friends when they played ff. Hopefully ill start recording soon and put up some matches.

Top Bottom