• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hype..

The Axe Effect (Axe's combo video is almost done) - i'm not releasing his pikachu.. combo video unless we release ours together.. my m2 combo vid (Future Sight) jus wanna give everyone mad hype.. they both are gonna be awesome...

I miss you Axe... so freakin much.. =p so yeah The Axe effect will be released soon.. watch out for it!

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
IC's are one of my favorite matchups. I can take or leave jiggs.

And you guys are lame for not being able to switch between the pikachus! ;)

N64

Smash Champion
hyped for the axe effect.

that tourney looks tasty but i probably won't make it! travel johns and all.

Chad, lets form a "pikachus who hate jiggs and also only like melee pika" club. We can be co-presidents.

festizzio

Smash Champion
hyped for the axe effect.

that tourney looks tasty but i probably won't make it! travel johns and all.

Chad, lets form a "pikachus who hate jiggs and also only like melee pika" club. We can be co-presidents.
u should make those separate clubs so i can join the melee pika one

AXE 09

Smash Master
i 2nd that, chad! puff sux, and i can only play melee pika too lol. my 64 pika sux, and i just don't like brawl all together ^^

so... i just moved from my hometown to Phoenix (capital of AZ). i'm so scared *cries* i don't know this place at all lol. i feel so weird. but at least taj and wobbles are here... if they still play? i hope... even though IC's will **** me lol

I miss you timmy!!! thank you so much for making my combo vid... i'll try my best to get more footage.

i love all you pika guys:) you all are so great lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
aww lol. don't worry dude! most likely, i'll be going =) but i can't make any promises. it all depends on how school's gonna turn out for me. dude we gotta play some more!

Raistlin

Smash Lord
RAISTLIN IS NOT HARD

when are people going to understand how to fight jiggs X_X
Just poppin' my head in here festizzio, but you and me ain't ever played in tourney. Don't knock what you don't know. I have too much fun hanging out with you to approach even a "seriously" the same way I approach a tournament match. It's not sandbagging, it's just a different mindset.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Raistlin?? whoa you're the guy who beat my dub's partner Axe... You MEANIE!!!.. lol j/k man..... good job man.. Hopefully he'll get some revenge...

Maybe myself and Axe will see you at Pat's House! n n..

Oh Yeah.. (Axe's Pikachu For High Tier) =D indeed!!.. wooooooot.. <3 Axe <3

Deuces

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Vman are you still playing? show me your falco moves!

Axe record vids with Taj and Wobbles! I know Taj still plays.

Chad, IC's and Puff are probably the ones I hate most also! lol

/pika boards shoutouts :grin:

festizzio

Smash Champion
Just poppin' my head in here festizzio, but you and me ain't ever played in tourney. Don't knock what you don't know. I have too much fun hanging out with you to approach even a "seriously" the same way I approach a tournament match. It's not sandbagging, it's just a different mindset.
no johns

looking forward to the axe effect!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hey ace.. actually.. well yeah i still play Falco.. but alot more Mewtwo lately.. Me and Axe are dubs.. so we like to play Pokemon related characters.. I released future sight today actually...

And axe effect will be sometime within the next few weeks hopefully! so yeah! n n

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Vman are you still playing? show me your falco moves!

Axe record vids with Taj and Wobbles! I know Taj still plays.

Chad, IC's and Puff are probably the ones I hate most also! lol

/pika boards shoutouts :grin:
Tony actually retired after Genesis, but he'll still play for fun. Here's the two ways to play Taj:

1. Drive to his house
2. If you are within 15-20 minutes of where he is, you may summon him with Gatorade (Fierce Grape only). This is also referred to as "some o' dat purple stuff"

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol good 'ol taj. dude, raistlin... is pretty beastly lol. not gonna lie. not saying i'm like the best player in the world, but he beat me... that's pretty good, right? i think he deserved the win.

i wanna play taj and wobbles =(

anyways, more pikachu stuff....... v3ctorman's working on a video for me... he freakin rox lol. love that guy (no homo). is there like... a thread listing all the pikachu combo videos? if not, maybe we should make a thread for that or... something lol

nicaboy

Smash Champion
dude festizzio is so bad..............
Err not really its not good to lie xD

Any way I hear he is pretty good with puff players with his cute little pika

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
For some crazy reason, a local st.louis smashfest produced a mass recording session of friendlies. There are literally like 100 matches recorded, and I dont know WHY. Here's the page where they are located:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=glook&view=videos

At any rate, there are a lot of brand new videos of me floating around. They're only friendlies, but some are interesting nonetheless. Here's some random ones I picked out.

zig (pika) vs lixivium (shiek)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lTBj3MB70&feature=channel_page

zig (shiek) vs glook (doc)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHZMVbK2A_4&feature=channel_page

zig (pika) vs lixivium (climbers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ogjY28DNA&feature=channel_page

zig (pika) vs lapekum (falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqoU90tVTbg&feature=channel_page

zig (yoshi) vs lapekum (falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbJUC6GTTM&feature=channel_page

zig (peach) vs loki (falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyS6MdcOb4k&feature=channel_page

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh snaps!!! zig zag!!!!!!! *watches vids*

EDIT: after watching those vids, all i gotta say is... the quality was amazing, and i freakin love your yoshi lol

KillaLotus

Smash Cadet
If the pikachu in the game is ash's pikachu then it should be god tier whats ash's pikachu like level like.....OVER 9000!!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
well, in theory mewtwo should be the best pokemon in the game, since like an army of pokemon couldn't do anything except mew. But currently the best player in the world mains jiggs, and I've only heard of 2 people good with mewtwo (taj and iori). So this game doesn't really make a whole lot of sence.

At least we don't trip though.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
the funny thing about friendlies is that as pikachu, I only have to try so hard to win. As yoshi, I have to be a freaking all star to beat someones fifth alt. thanks for the views and comments, axe. You all should dig up my mario videos...THATS where my REAL good stuff is!

This shall mark the flood of new chad, n64, and axe videos in which we become the most popular character specific forum on smashboards.

AXE 09

Smash Master
well, in theory mewtwo should be the best pokemon in the game, since like an army of pokemon couldn't do anything except mew. But currently the best player in the world mains jiggs, and I've only heard of 2 people good with mewtwo (taj and iori). So this game doesn't really make a whole lot of sence.

At least we don't trip though.

*gasp* V3ctorman is the shiznit at mewtwo! my double team partner :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sai5GpioDL0 <----see?

oh! and one of my favorite matches...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kvCgP-ys6k

sorry, just trying to get his name out there lol. he's one really amazing mewtwo

and here's a random clip of SS being amazing, and me being chaingrabbed by tope *sob*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8GKjMDSu8s

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
axe, wasn't saying there aren't good ones, I just didn't know any other than the other two. And vector moves pretty nice IMO, but I could be wrong, I'm not a moving expert.

And tsk tsk to tope for chaingrabing a char that shiek already has a huge advantage over.

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh yeah haha. don't worry, i know, i just wanna get him more well known.

i know man, i felt so poopy after being chaingrabbed =(

festizzio

Smash Champion
it's exactly why he knows it works and what pikachu can't do

i'd actually hate him more if he didn't chaingrab, that means he's sandbagging

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I see Zig is still in denial about IC's being hard on Pikachu even though I beat him like 4 times in a row

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I see you're still in denial that I like the matchup even though I've beaten you four years in a row.
LOL

1) I've only played you for 3 and 1/2 years
2) I've only been using IC's for < 3 years
3) Beating my IC's is nothing to brag about
4) You haven't beaten me in tournament in like 2 years ;), and the last time you did you used Peach

The question is not whether or not you like the matchup, it's whether or not IC's are a bad matchup for Pikachu. The answer is yes, they are Pikachu's second-hardest matchup. I'm afraid you are John the Baptist when it comes to this debate.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
LOL

1) I've only played you for 3 and 1/2 years
2) I've only been using IC's for < 3 years
3) Beating my IC's is nothing to brag about
4) You haven't beaten me in tournament in like 2 years ;), and the last time you did you used Peach

The question is not whether or not you like the matchup, it's whether or not IC's are a bad matchup for Pikachu. The answer is yes, they are Pikachu's second-hardest matchup. I'm afraid you are John the Baptist when it comes to this debate.
What? I beat Eggz IC's in tourny! On FD! I beat pockyd pretty bad in the semi finals of another tourny! And I've beaten you in every tourny we've ever been in! In fact, the only IC's I've ever lost to in tourny were Trail's and I got one stocked twice....and this was in like 2005! Nobody even plays IC's.

I don't know why you finally beat me in a couple friendlies where I was being overly aggressive and this validates your entire smash career.

WTF why are you arguing with me you're in my own crew!!!!!

Top Bottom