• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu: A discussion

AXE 09

Smash Master
I think Ice Climbers is a worse matchup than Sheik >_>
i'm gonna have to agree with you on this one

and all you guys are right, we should be a pika team as a whole! alright. n64 and zigzag, you guys represent at pound 4! are you going chad? if so, represent too!

and i'll represent at pat's house =D along with festizzio hopefully... right? i really hope to see you there lol. wait, who plans on going to any tourneys?

lol axis, we'll do rock paper scizzors to see who needs to change their name :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
axe team with me at pats house double pika
wait when's pats house

AXE 09

Smash Master
i think it's like... november 15th or something like that? i can't really remember, but it's in mid november lol. i would team with you, but i'm actually already teaming with vman =D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
my feelings have now been damaged. *cry cry*
im not going to pat's house 8D

AXE 09

Smash Master
my feelings have now been damaged. *cry cry*
im not going to pat's house 8D
lol you're not even going to pat's house! darn you hahaha

gosh, i seriously don't knkow anything about frame data :/ i need to start studying that stuff lmao

N64

Smash Champion
I cp sheiks to corneria (if it's not banned) or FoD. Some people hate FoD though, so I could see stadium being alright. Stadium is a good pika stage in general.

Marths I just lose against regardless of CP. I usually take them to dreamland though, platform heights are less scary and you don't die to tipper fsmash every time you mess up your throw DI. Japes is also a legitimate option, marth doesn't like the river much and pika can quickattack everywheres!

I doubt i'm going to Pound4, and I definately can't make it to pat's house, sorry guys : /

Also I still think Marth is pika's worst matchup, personally. Get at me.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think sheik still. marth needs edge gaurd gimps more(pika isn't easy to edge gaurd) than sheik and sheik and d-throw chain throw and another way other than just edge gaurd. But at least sheik is easier to hit and combo and edge gaurd.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I think we should all report into this thread when we enter a tourny, guys.

Marth sucks, but boy are there a lot of ways to kill him if you are smart. Shiek I feel is more of a crapshoot. I think you guys are a lot better at the matchup than I am. I would rather play 10 IC's before even 1 shiek, even if it isnt a great shiek. But we all know that by now.

Anyone else have trouble with docs? I don't think Ive ever lost to one in tourny, but for some reason they are extremely aggravating to play for me.

N64

Smash Champion
dogysamich's doc owned my pika. I was at like a 1/4 win ratio against him in friendlies this summer. Doc is tough : /

AXE 09

Smash Master
Dogy was giving me a really hard time when I played him at TO5 in friendlies. I think I lost more than I won against him.
*gasp* *refuses to believe that chad could ever lose*

dude, when i was at genesis, Bob$ and i had some epic Pika-Doc matches. his doc is so good omg!!! but i was somehow able to keep up... i think it was about a 50/50 for us lol

i'll admit though, both mario and doc are pretty annoying, but... somehow i don't mind it as much as i used to.

i'll admit, marth is a very hard matchup to me. it's hard to approach. sheik is very hard too

but for some reason... i still feel like jiggs is my worst matchup everrrrr

Skler

Smash Master
Don't you have Fox for every matchup then?

On a side note, I heard some rustling outside my window. Is that you N64?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Don't you have Fox for every matchup then?

On a side note, I heard some rustling outside my window. Is that you N64?
LMAO that MUST be N64 XD

haha and yes, i do use fox for puff, but my fox isn't that great. he's more specifically for puff and sometimes sheik if falco doesn't work

i use pika and falco mainly... rarely fox haha. falco's so fun! but pikachu's wayyyyy more epic :)

N64

Smash Champion
i heard anther rarely plays melee these days.

Also shhh skler, that wasn't me. Now go back to sleep. Yes, good gooooood.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i saw u beat forward in a fox ditto

that was pretty legit
LOL dude that was ********! his fox is like 10000x better than mine, i just got lucky with the chaingrabs and stuff haha. i was so desperate

N64, how come you never stalk ME when i'm in bed? *cries*

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Could Kongo 64 be a good stage against marth/shiek? Maybe not for vert kills but would the pass-through ledges help with horizontal and edgeguarding KO's against the two?
Can sheik still chaingrab well there?

Sorry for the questions lol.

N64

Smash Champion
Pink reaper and i are soooooooooooo cooooooooool. You guys wish you were this cool.

I have surprising trouble against kirbys. Bair is annoying. Utilt is annoying. At least he's like 90% sure of being dead once he's off the edge though.

And sorry AXE. My heart belongs to one low tier main at the moment. He is dreamy.

KJ64 can be ok against sheik, but probably not so much marth. Sheik loses some recovery options with the pass-through edges, but marth does not. Sheik can't cg you well there either. The main issue though is, the ceiling is way too high, so one of your primary kill methods is out.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
We're sooooooooooo much more awesome than everyone else aren't we N64. Even Ihavespaceballs, cus he has to resort to using a mid tier character to make it into the MBR

Kirby isn't that hard for Pikachu actually(well, mine is, but that's just cus I camp like a *****) and it's very easy to do things like Nair->Usmash on Kirby if you hit him with the weak hitbox.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i'm gonna have to agree with IHSB and say that chad's pika is freakin ****-nasty!

you know what? i have trouble with kirby too. i think that i pretty much have trouble with all the small characters, like pichu, kirby, jiggs, even a pika ditto's hard

as far as the down throw tech thing.... i almost never down throw lol. but when i do sometimes on accident and stuff, they actually tech it pretty frequently. i guess people have fast reflexes?

Top Bottom