• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Era and PC Chris Presents: "G.I.M.P.E.D. 2" MELEE EXCLUSIVE!!!! Updates Soon!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
ok guys i aint leetin this **** happen like cot4 i am def wanting to cap this at about 100. THIS VENUE REALLY DOESN'T HAVE THE ROOM FOR 100 so we will have to compensate. If you guys wanna come to play that is you. I enjoy hosting, and honestly the more the merrier. I WILL HOST a great tourny and we will finish. probably late but i am going to be STRICT and say that you will get 1 warning if i find friendlies during the tourny because ALL setups will be needed. i have 1 day to host 4 events with about 100 people. compared to chibo which had 2 whole days to host 2 events but with about 3 times the people.

I promise to do a good job for the smash community and i hope you all have trust in me as a host. After COT4 i learned ALOT about what not to do that is unless you want a riot that want thier money back and be ashamed of smashboards for life lolz. I AM SO HYPE.... lets get it

Dont forget APEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PE ALL DAY

EDIT: THERE ARE FRIEKEN 91 PRE REGISTERED. God **** i wasnt even thinkin i would come close to 100.

I NEED EVERYONE TO ARRIVE ON TIMEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so we can get started ASAP
You are without the next Messiah Obama one. These words and the actions will be fully remembered when all goes well. Hippie/Checkmate = me atm lol. Does brawl singles really gotta be 5pm? D:

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
wow, as much i want this to be a 2 day event. i'm really hoping for it to be 1 day. got a nice meeting at work on sunday morning. can't wait -_-.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
That would be unnaturally sick if these guys can get Brawl and Melee Singles and Doubles done in one day. that takes alot work

GuruKid

Smash Ace
4 events for about 150 peeps... in one day. Oh yeah, bring it!

You got this down, Knightmare. This event's gonna be awesome. Good stuff changing the venue, too; Polytech's venue should definitely be able to hold this down.

I WILL HOST a great tourny and we will finish. probably late but i am going to be STRICT and say that you will get 1 warning if i find friendlies during the tourny because ALL setups will be needed.
Kinda sucks that friendlies will be minimal... but yeah, I guess this rule will help things run more smoothly. Will this apply to MM's as well? Because I wanted to get at least a few of those in.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Guru
MM 5$
i found a way to come here for a cheaper price now ill go
but MM me :)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'm going to update the Location sections of my tournament threads with more detailed directions to Poly. You can just copy paste it from there Knightmare.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
i think i found a way too kill a MK at 20 but i need help investigating. anyone care too join me today later at round 8:30?

and since Vista doesnt like my converting software, i'll try hard as hell to get it up on youtube

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok, once you're in Manhattan this place is extremely easy to get to by subway with the A or C trains. I have a pretty quick and easy way there

...well Anti pointed this out already lol

-dMT-

Smash Lord
For the curious, here you go:

Directions to Poly:

Subway - ( www.hopstop.com is your friend )
A, C, F - Take to Jay St. - Borough Hall and exit onto Jay St. / Myrtle Promenade. You should be right near the front entrance, there's a BIG Red Statue there and the front entrance says NYU:poly.

B, Q - Take to De Kalb Ave. Once you get off, transfer to the R, M train headed uptown toward Manhattan. Take it one short stop to Lawrence St... (refer to R, M directions...)

R, M - Take to Lawrence St. and take an exit around the mid area of the platform. Head up to Jay St., the busiest street in the area, hard to miss it. Head in the direction away from Fulton St., and toward City Tech / Marriot. Once you see the BIG Red Statue, head there and you should see the entrance to NYU: Poly.

2 ,3 ,4 , 5 - Take to Borough Hall. Walk toward Jay St. Similar to the directions for R, M trains, but you will be across the street on the other side of Jay. St. Look for the BIG Red Statue and head towards it and enter NYU:poly.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ok, once you're in Manhattan this place is extremely easy to get to by subway with the A or C trains. I have a pretty quick and easy way there

...well Anti pointed this out already lol
*** who you teaming with for this?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
lol, herooftime, we're still teaming, right? :p
Yeah, assuming it stays one day. I probably won't be able to do a two day thing, since Ive got work on Sunday. ROB ftw

Til what time can the tourney go before we'd get kicked out of the venue?

EDIT: BTW I can't bring a Wii. Im fortunate enough that I can still go to this, but my parents wont let me bring my Wii to Brooklyn

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Yeah, assuming it stays one day. I probably won't be able to do a two day thing, since Ive got work on Sunday. ROB ftw

Til what time can the tourney go before we'd get kicked out of the venue?

EDIT: BTW I can't bring a Wii. Im fortunate enough that I can still go to this, but my parents wont let me bring my Wii to Brooklyn
Lol.. this is the nicest part of brooklyn, you might as well tell them its 42nd street.

D1

Banned via Administration
OMGawd I LOVE ANTI'S AVVY!

LIL BILL AWLL DSAY PAPIIII! ("Gay person from the village" accent)

I can't and shant wait this any longer...I'm tight cuz like I was just about to put Brawl down then I play w/ SWAT and its fun again...g'****it LOL.

I guess I'll be training hard all this week. Hit me up anyone and everyone to see if they wanna play after 5pm.

I might say no if I can't make it, or I might say yes.

Then again I'm whack so who wants to train w/ me anyway >.>;

Ryan-K

Smash Master
OMGawd I LOVE ANTI'S AVVY!

LIL BILL AWLL DSAY PAPIIII! ("Gay person from the village" accent)

I can't and shant wait this any longer...I'm tight cuz like I was just about to put Brawl down then I play w/ SWAT and its fun again...g'****it LOL.

I guess I'll be training hard all this week. Hit me up anyone and everyone to see if they wanna play after 5pm.

I might say no if I can't make it, or I might say yes.

just come for the memories

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
It's kinda creepy though because...Anti actually looks like his avatar *_*.

I'm sure that's what you were going for, right Anti?

OMGawd

Yep...my thoughts exactly. You're terrible... ^_~

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's kinda creepy though because...Anti actually looks like his avatar *_*.

I'm sure that's what you were going for, right Anti?

Yep...my thoughts exactly. You're terrible... ^_~
lol creepy aint it:) i want this avatar to sink into you brain.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Still waiting on that rule on the Ice Climbers infinite, give me something in writing, please :).

F-haru 1952

Smash Rookie
Still waiting on that rule on the Ice Climbers infinite, give me something in writing, please :).
Sorto said he spoke to one of the organizers who said that the infinites are legal (provided they're to something reasonable, not like 300%).

Also pre-reg'ing for this now as F-haru.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Lol.... you cant just say to people this MIGHT be a 2 day tourney. Anyone else find that kinda dumb?

Top Bottom