• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Era and PC Chris Presents: "G.I.M.P.E.D. 2" MELEE EXCLUSIVE!!!! Updates Soon!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I don't think location change will affect the tourney size but doing it this close to the tourney date might...then again I aint a t.o. or anything but just my opinion. I think this will really have an impact on the younger smash players or those who gotta listen 2 mommy and daddy word for word *not directed at anyone jus sayin*

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ouch...as far as im concerned im sill entering if its one day. now if its two days theres no way ill make it. im going out of country that sunday for 4 days =(

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
how many tvs will the venue have??

will both melee and brawl tournaments be running at the same time??

i need a teammate..
ill team with u for melee ima be with eli for brawl but i aint 100 percent sure i am entering. Um as far as the even there should be about 30 or so setups and also it wont run at the same time Melee will be first and get done quick if i have anything to do with it. then we can focus on brawl. if there are extra tv's while melee is getting done i will start pools for brawl. There will never be an open setup when the tourny starts. If i see friendlies being done you will immediately be told to get off and if i have to tell u through out the night i will DQ you sooooo dont do it. WE ALL want to get out especially since the place closes at 10 pm i believe. Sorry but i got to be mad strict for this.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Alright this is wayyy easier for me to get to :)
I think you should do something about pre-registration now, because I think a lot of the people that are going to this will be different now with a complete location change.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
since im stupid with directions, can someone tell me how to get here from penn station in nyc? is it possible without a car?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I got subway smarts. from penn station, take the 2,3,4 or 5 to boro hall. I forget which train stops at penn but im 100% sure one of those trains do and they all stop at boro hall. from boro hall you wanna get out on the court street exit. from there its a short walk depending on your walking speed. you walk torward jay street. once you hit jay street, walk in the direction of the a and c train stops and I believe polytech is on that block. unless you have access to a and c trains, this should become even easier.

for those coming from long island, take the LIRR to flatbush. the LIRR is kinda pricey depending on your distace. it cost 12.50 for me to go from flatbush to mineola. anyway take the LIRR to flatbush, then the subway is right in your face (it should be the atlantic avenue train stop), just follow the signs, pay the 2 dollar fare and hop on the 2, 3, 4, or 5, and get to boro hall. follow the same directions listed at the top to get there from boro hall

if anyone needs help walking from borough hall to the venue, I will gladly help you in person

B@sic Sausage

Smash Apprentice
HOW THE HELL DID THIS BLOW UP TO BE BIG LMFAO i was expecting LI ppl only XD ill be coming for sure i needs a partner tho PM me pl0x if u wana team.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
If we can snag another TV I could bring in my Wii for a singles TV this way we can practice and I'm sure I can trust those of you there to look after it if I go to class or something.
if anything we got all day friday to practice, until i go to work or something.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Probably still comin its just gonna cost more with all of the train and subway shizz. It was probably a smart idea to change the venue though, I dont blame ya.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Well we wanted to host the tourney at gametable, but knightmare was inconveniently told that he had to cap it at 64 AFTER there were already 100 pre-registered people, even though everything was fine beforehand. It makes sense though, because gametable can NOT hold that many people comfortably.

So this place is in brooklyn and has lots more room, and we're not required to cap it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Example #2

Ugh, this just got VEEEEEERY iffy for me. I'll see if I can still go, but as of now idk.
Obviously a good idea because gt is WAY too small for that many people, and NYC + bigger venue = more and better players, but Venue change a week before tourney = bad. But if GT canceled on you I guess there's nothing you can do about it.

If anyone could give me and two others a ride (to and from) I'd love to keep some options open. I'll let you know if we need it.

Other than potential transportation/permission problems, I'm very excited for this (if I can go). Big comfy venue, big turnout, mad good matches ahead.

On a semi-unrelated question, would it be possible to reserve at least one (maybe two?) tvs for Melee friendlies/crew battle after Melee is done? that way Melee players have something to do once its done and they can't leave yet. there probably won't be enough Brawl setups to fill all 35 (?) tvs anyway.

Also on an unrelated note: If this were a two day event (with Melee started and finished on the first day) that'd actually be good (for me anyway) cause that means more time, more friendlies, etc. But that's prolly really inconvenient for other people.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Well... That's too bad. I wouldn't have been able to enter neway, but I prolly would have been able to show up ssometime and hang w/ everybody D=. Are you still going to have future events at GT, or just at the new place lol

Leacero

Smash Lord
It's gotten really iffy for me as well. We'll see though. =\

On a semi-unrelated question, would it be possible to reserve at least one (maybe two?) tvs for Melee friendlies/crew battle after Melee is done? that way Melee players have something to do once its done and they can't leave yet. there probably won't be enough Brawl setups to fill all 35 (?) tvs anyway.

Also on an unrelated note: If this were a two day event (with Melee started and finished on the first day) that'd actually be good (for me anyway) cause that means more time, more friendlies, etc. But that's prolly really inconvenient for other people.
I agree with this. :)

Top Bottom