• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach winning a big tournament. Lets end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Such a strong ideology, yet you cry a river whenever you lose.

You are the one that chooses to go all Peach. Part of the competitive side of Smash involves counterpicking characters and stages to your advantage. Yes, you can learn the matchups with every character, but when there's a better chance of winning that specific matchup using another character you go for it [insert play-to-win crap here].

And yes, KOSMOS went all Peach on world Hobo and he placed around 14-17..I believe? To who did he lose?
Your the next to slowly annoy me. Did I say I be the one to pull it off? How many freaking times I have to say I suck and can'ty pull this **** off? The heck you adding from the side lines for. I say Peach can do it But I am not the person that can pull it off. Tired of repeating this. So watch how you direct your first sentence.

Dark.Pch, we're just being realistic on the matter. This forum is for the growth of the character, sure, but in no way are we obliged to over-step the character's limitations if we don't have to. Again, you're taking what you do, being that you stick with Peach for an entire tournament, and apply it to everyone else here.

Want to know why we're here? It's to learn more, it's to benefit ourselves as well as the character, but we don't have to only use Peach to attain that goal. Again, I respect where you come from but everyone else is not obliged to do the same. We as a community will still grow, just be patient.
I never once said you had to use only Peach. I dont do that so I dont care. You people can do what you want. My point is people thinking she can't for lil to crap reasons or not even trying as hard and are so sure she can't. And makes it pointless to learn match ups. For what if you just gonna run from them. Might as well learn those match ups with high tiers and all since you gonna counterpick. Just a waste of time.

Then again, if all you care about is money, then this crap does not even apply to you.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Dark.Pch, if money is not what you seek and it is merely recognition, then what is the problem? You are already a recognized player, you have what you wanted. As for me, I seek both money and recognition or whatever comes my way first. What if we had already studied a matchup as best as we could, and still choose to counterpick? Maybe it's because despite our skill with the character, we know that there are other characters available with better "tools" or "assets" to deal with a certain matchup. I'm not sure why you call it "running away", most competitive players just see it as a common sense maneuver. Again, you have your recognition, so what seems to be the problem?

EDIT: Darn I got absorbed into this stuff. I won't post about it anymore.

hiROI

Smash Lord
And yes, KOSMOS went all Peach on world Hobo and he placed around 14-17..I believe? To who did he lose?
Really? I thought it was 7th place? Silly me and my eyes. Its prolly in the whobo thread. But did anyone see his doubles matches? I know this is to improve singles Peach, but he made history in doubles. Up air to two MKs in Castle Seige and won the set...I think! I was like 'Why isn't Kos-mos posting here?'
:laugh:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
He went Lucario against me.

Yeah that double Meta kill on Castle Siege was pretty epic lol. DSF was so mad when that happened >.>

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Lucario's one of my best matchups :) I'd love to MM him. Maybe we can swap tips with a matchup you know better than me at HOBO16?

Since MK is banned, HOBO16 seems like the ideal tournament to try to place high with Peach at.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's one of my best matchups :) I'd love to MM him. Maybe we can swap tips with a matchup you know better than me at HOBO16?

Since MK is banned, HOBO16 seems like the ideal tournament to try to place high with Peach at.
LOL if you can beat Lee Martin then you need to tell me how you did it. I get really close but I can never take that last stock from him, same with Ultimate Razer >_>.

I'm really excited to play you bro, your peach is amazing. :D

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Same to you, I haven't seen much videos but I've heard a lot of good things ^_^

Let's win this one shall we?

Unless, like, Ally shows up or something >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch, if money is not what you seek and it is merely recognition, then what is the problem? You are already a recognized player, you have what you wanted. As for me, I seek both money and recognition or whatever comes my way first. What if we had already studied a matchup as best as we could, and still choose to counterpick? Maybe it's because despite our skill with the character, we know that there are other characters available with better "tools" or "assets" to deal with a certain matchup. I'm not sure why you call it "running away", most competitive players just see it as a common sense maneuver. Again, you have your recognition, so what seems to be the problem?

EDIT: Darn I got absorbed into this stuff. I won't post about it anymore.
I don't care for money or fame. Not what I play this game for. I dont play for these reasons you others do. For I dont need any of it. I play this game for one reason and every tournament I enter I fail to complete my reason for playing. I don't like brawl. Reason I play it is cause Peach is in it. and I play to take Peach as for as possible in tournaments without stupid high tiers as back up. And every damm tournament I go to I do horrible. Sickning.

And I call it running away cause If I can't do it with my main, the hell I am playing this for? I'm not gonna stoop to a level as to use other characters when things get ruff. goes against everything I play for and freaking insulting.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You sound like a broken record >_> don't stress yourself out

Can I get the video of those doubles, Kosmos?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You sound like a broken record >_> don't stress yourself out

Can I get the video of those doubles, Kosmos?
Man that helps so much for this thread and yo ease the mood. Good job sir.

Damm I still did not get an infraction?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I don't care for money or fame. Not what I play this game for. I dont play for these reasons you others do. For I dont need any of it. I play this game for one reason and every tournament I enter I fail to complete my reason for playing. I don't like brawl. Reason I play it is cause Peach is in it. and I play to take Peach as for as possible in tournaments without stupid high tiers as back up. And every damm tournament I go to I do horrible. Sickning.

And I call it running away cause If I can't do it with my main, the hell I am playing this for? I'm not gonna stoop to a level as to use other characters when things get ruff. goes against everything I play for and freaking insulting.
I see what you mean, and that's a bold stance to take. However in doing that, you must realize that with the risky choice of using only Peach in tournaments, frustration is bound to come with it. I mean if you use Peach and only Peach in tournaments, and have a broad insight on many of her matchups, and still get only decent tournament results, then couldn't the character itself be called into question?

I know that you're trying to distinguish yourself from the crowd by only using Peach, but by doing that isn't it possible that you're also a living example of what this crowd has been pointing out? That Peach cannot pull off a win on her own at a large tournament? I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic on the matter, but the fact that she cannot has yet to be disproved.

EDIT: Darn my persistence. XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I see what you mean, and that's a bold stance to take. However in doing that, you must realize that with the risky choice of using only Peach in tournaments, frustration is bound to come with it. I mean if you use Peach and only Peach in tournaments, and have a broad insight on many of her matchups, and still get only decent tournament results, then couldn't the character itself be called into question?

I know that you're trying to distinguish yourself from the crowd by only using Peach, but by doing that isn't it possible that you're also a living example of what this crowd has been pointing out? That Peach cannot pull off a win on her own at a large tournament? I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic on the matter, but the fact that she cannot has yet to be disproved.

EDIT: Darn my persistence. XD
I'm not one with the crowd. So that does not apply to me. It has not been proven yet. So I won't sit back and believe it can't happen like everyone else. People can believe what they want. I don't believe what others do.

And I don't blame my character for my problem. Is me being stupid as usual. There is no excuse for me failing at tournies. really ones that I can hit at least 7th. It's not the character, its not the bracket I get cause never in my life I had a bracket that was ****, never. I fail, I blame myself. Its not cause the character cant do it.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
My partner was Dr Mario Guy. We went Peach/g&w 1st and 2nd round. Then we counterpicked Castle Siege and we did Peach/Diddy.

tocador

Smash Lord
Sorry to interrupt the discussion but i want to say something.

Dark is talking about: "Runing away" and stuff, i wanted to say something.

If someone says to you "You need to fu***** fly! But to help you ima give you 2 options of tools, a bunch of feathers, and a airplane." Sure, you can choose what you want to use to fly, and if you think that the truly only way to fly is with 2 wings and some feathers, sure just do it. But you, you were given the tools to make it easier, or at least, trying to make it easier, its only to you to decide which one you't using.

So yeah, if your pride says: Go peach till the end, sure do it, but you can always counterpick and you know, do something to help you. Because you dont need always to try getting through the hard path, you can try the easy one too!

Yeah, now forget me, just continue your disscussion!

ps: Sorry for the sucky examples xP!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Cool Kos mos is posting here now! Hi :) I heard you were really good, I talked to mike haze ;D

One of the reasons to go all peach is because peach is more fun than other characters, though, so I can see one of the reasons dark pch stays, other characters in brawl are pretty boring haha (at least to me and maybe to him)

Also, I gave infractions for the personal splats I saw going on here. If it's not partaining to the topic and it goes negative I'm getting you for it immedietely.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Cool Kos mos is posting here now! Hi :) I heard you were really good, I talked to mike haze ;D

One of the reasons to go all peach is because peach is more fun than other characters, though, so I can see one of the reasons dark pch stays, other characters in brawl are pretty boring haha (at least to me and maybe to him)

Also, I gave infractions for the personal splats I saw going on here. If it's not partaining to the topic and it goes negative I'm getting you for it immedietely.
i agree, a good 95% of the cast in brawl to me atleast is boring, (however i do like wolf, melda, d3 and olimar. to me they are also very fun to use ^_^)

but back on topic....
Peach, in tourneys, is such a wild card. Cause you can **** anybody into federal court in a set, then get the death sentence the next one. if its a match up the peach is inexperienced with, or just lost focus. everything can spiral out of the peach's control and lose a match. Yes you could go all peach without any backup from other characters high tier or not, its just gonna be that much harder for you to pull out on top.

lets think of it this way, you really cant sail the Atlantic with just a small sail boat and a few provisions, its do able but incredibly daunting. instead its alot easier to take a barge type ship to get to your destination.
(in case u didnt get the analogy, its just saying that its possible to win with only peach, but its gonna be very tough and you better be ready for ANYTHING. And going to a tourney with multiple characters at your disposal is much much easier.)

i might add alittle more later, but right now my brain shut off XD

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
It's all about Peachouli, Peachkid...that's the secret :D
deffinatly,

peach sucks in tourneys. peachouli is like ****ing broken and will replace meta very soon =D i mean a 2 framed royal flare attack? come on that thing takes up the entire screen, doesnt decay, AND has insane kill power

Excellence

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound like Mr. Postoptomistic, but I don't think Peach can win a large scale tournament on her own, regardless of how good the player. She's got one impossible match-up I can think of if the stage and character are played together and correctly, and that alone is enough to force her hand in what she needs to ban. If she had a more effective way of killing then she's be a lot better, but meh.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
in my opinion, a character doesnt have an 100-0 impossible match-up. it really just depends on the player's mindset, strategy, and play style. For instance, falco has a good advantage over peach right? well i actually love playing falcos and thrash them 90% of the time, same with game and watch, i love fighting those guys now XD

but the same can apply for a good match up in peach's favor, like...to be honest i absolutely hate fighting olimars, absolutely hate it.

so yeah, a persons impossible match-up could be anothers best or favorite :)

D

Deleted member

go try ike vs olimar sometime.

peach has no horrible match ups. She's not a fan of MK Snake GAW or Marth, but she can still excel vs all of those.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And just what impossible match up is? And I hope you dont bring up a stage that is illegal.
MK, Rainbow cruise, and/or both say hello.

Or do you mean to tell me that you'll stick to Peach if your opponent counterpicks this stage?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I have very large problems with MK as peach... either I'm lacking in matchup experience or I just have no clue how to beat MK who camps and spaces and tornados everytime I pull out a turnip. I pull out all the stops - but I can't seem to crack it. GnW also.

Does grab release > fair work on MK?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Or do you mean to tell me that you'll stick to Peach if your opponent counterpicks this stage?
Heh heh, people don't seem to understand me at all after all this time.

Any charatcer-

Any Stage-

Any Player-

I stay Peach and dont switch at all and see nothing as impossible, NOTHING. Nothing or no player Puts fear in me "omg M2k, Ally, DSF are gonna be at this tournament, I wont get first or stand a chance" Yea ok, thats you maybe but not me. if I am gonna talk like that, might as well main someone else.

Kataefi-Peach has no grab release on meta

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I have very large problems with MK as peach... either I'm lacking in matchup experience or I just have no clue how to beat MK who camps and spaces and tornados everytime I pull out a turnip. I pull out all the stops - but I can't seem to crack it. GnW also.

Does grab release > fair work on MK?
No it doesn't :( That only works on Ness

Grab Release --> ground Floating Fair very very nearly works on MK but he can move/jump/sheild just in time (sheild will always be a perfect sheid if Peach does the Fair correctly). I high reccomend you don't try any grab release tricksies on MK...I tried to throw in a sneaky grab release ---> Peach Bomber...and got Up + B'ed :urg:

Who's MK is it Kata? Anyone I've played?
Check out the match up thread on MK and the write up. It's honestly helped me a lot. OoS SH'd Dairs are really good in this match up I've found

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
No no it's someone from our weekly smash at uni rick. It's only this particular MK whose giving me problems, he doesn't ever seem to approach once in a stock or percentage lead (and he gets it a lot). I throw turnips as a distraction, but practically every move is fast enough to catch/get rid of them and he tornadoes when my spam gets too much.

I can't seem to fight this meta with any of my mains actually. Sheik/Zelda, Peach, Jiggs, Diddy... they all do horribly haha! It's quite daunting >.> But I havn't been using much OoS dairs. Peach's fastest OoS option besides grab would be drop shield > jab iirc (or is it bair/nair OoS?), I may start using those options as quick defence.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Heh heh, people don't seem to understand me at all after all this time.

Any charatcer-

Any Stage-

Any Player-

I stay Peach and dont switch at all and see nothing as impossible, NOTHING. Nothing or no player Puts fear in me "omg M2k, Ally, DSF are gonna be at this tournament, I wont get first or stand a chance" Yea ok, thats you maybe but not me. if I am gonna talk like that, might as well main someone else.

Kataefi-Peach has no grab release on meta
My emphasis is on Rainbow Cruise, not if any top players intimidate you. I mean, like I said before, you're making a bold stand by going all Peach no matter what obstacle (stage OR character) comes your way. IMO it's not the smartest logic to go by, but that's just me and I won't try to tell you how to play.

I saw your matches vs. Ninjalink, you did fine, you're a good player, just remember not to overestimate or underestimate yourself so much, because that just builds up so much unnecessary pressure. This isn't any sort of comfort via fanboyism, this is just a helpful boost from player to player. =P

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
But... You could always just Ban RC.

And I don't think a lot of the top level MKs like playing on RC anyways.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
But... You could always just Ban RC.

And I don't think a lot of the top level MKs like playing on RC anyways.
It wouldn't make much of a difference. There are plenty of places for MK to flourish in this specific matchup; Delfino, Norfair (depending on if it is banned or not in your area), etc. Take your pick.

Actually, I won't dive too far into the whole MK issue as that is what fuels my desire to debate about the character. There is enough of that going on in the Brawl Tactical Discussion as it is. I'll just sit and wait for the results of Genesis and any other up and coming large events to see if any significant decisions will be made on the matter. As for this matchup, these points mainly pertain to my own personal comfort with the matchup, which is why I'm picking up Wario as a secondary. I'm comfortable with the character and the MK matchup feels that much more manageable with Wario. I <3 my decision.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
No no it's someone from our weekly smash at uni rick. It's only this particular MK whose giving me problems, he doesn't ever seem to approach once in a stock or percentage lead (and he gets it a lot). I throw turnips as a distraction, but practically every move is fast enough to catch/get rid of them and he tornadoes when my spam gets too much.

I can't seem to fight this meta with any of my mains actually. Sheik/Zelda, Peach, Jiggs, Diddy... they all do horribly haha! It's quite daunting >.> But I havn't been using much OoS dairs. Peach's fastest OoS option besides grab would be drop shield > jab iirc (or is it bair/nair OoS?), I may start using those options as quick defence.
Ugh, yeah, this playstyle is the worst for Peach. It's really hard to beat a MK that won't approach you.

Reverse Aerial Rush Reverse Glide toss (run, pivot, then reverse glide toss away in one motion) to bait approaches. Autocancel fair on his shield to jab- when he figures out he can up-B you OOS, autocancel fair to SHIELD and then you'll powershield his up-B and can jump and uair him as his shuttleloop goes around. It's a baiting tactic and he'll eventually catch on and just grab instead of shuttlelooping, but then you can go back to jabbing xD

It becomes one giant camp/bait game, and is IMO Peach's worst matchup.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

there are stage bans for some reasons, besides that, how many chars can win against MK in rainbow cruise? and if a peach main loses in RC that means he has won round 1 and has the stage advantadge for round 3. how's that unwinnable?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Here is how I deal with this. Grab a turnip and go to him. But dont throw the first Punch. when you have a turnip, your enemy will be put on the defensive. Because they obviously dont wanne get hit. He will react to something. Then You take w/e opening you can from that reaction. Just mix it up.

Also, Ground float to Nairs or Baircs out the shield. They are the quick was to hit meta. OoS. Or if he is in front of you, Jab out of the shield to a grab. A 2 frame move that can lead to w/e. Grab be best for now.

My emphasis is on Rainbow Cruise, not if any top players intimidate you. I mean, like I said before, you're making a bold stand by going all Peach no matter what obstacle (stage OR character) comes your way. IMO it's not the smartest logic to go by, but that's just me and I won't try to tell you how to play.

I saw your matches vs. Ninjalink, you did fine, you're a good player, just remember not to overestimate or underestimate yourself so much, because that just builds up so much unnecessary pressure. This isn't any sort of comfort via fanboyism, this is just a helpful boost from player to player. =P
I'm not gonna have some dumb game tell me what character I can't use at a certain time. I'm not gonna have this game bring fear in using my favorite nintendo character. Sakaria and Nintendo can both kicks rocks. Peach is all I need and Peach is the one I will do it all with no matter what. I been through so much gay crap with this character. I'm not about to let all that scare me away. Peach is my main and what I am gonna stick with from start to finish, No character, stage or player will tell me or make me do otherwise.

Also I'll never consider myself a good or top Peach player until I stop placing bad in tournaments over and over and over. Me looking like hawt stuff in friendlies is one thing. Now actulally being hawt stuff in tournaments is another and what matters the most. My tournament records suck now and until that changes, I am not gonna see myself as a good/top Peach player, never.

there are stage bans for some reasons, besides that, how many chars can win against MK in rainbow cruise? and if a peach main loses in RC that means he has won round 1 and has the stage advantadge for round 3. how's that unwinnable?
Pretty much how I see it

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ugh, yeah, this playstyle is the worst for Peach. It's really hard to beat a MK that won't approach you.

Reverse Aerial Rush Reverse Glide toss (run, pivot, then reverse glide toss away in one motion) to bait approaches. Autocancel fair on his shield to jab- when he figures out he can up-B you OOS, autocancel fair to SHIELD and then you'll powershield his up-B and can jump and uair him as his shuttleloop goes around. It's a baiting tactic and he'll eventually catch on and just grab instead of shuttlelooping, but then you can go back to jabbing xD

It becomes one giant camp/bait game, and is IMO Peach's worst matchup.
This sounds quite a lot like how I fight MK. My friend (offline!! :D) is slowly getting better with MK and is starting to actually give me some competition. Up + B OoS, knocking be out of my Float, predicting my moves...it's great but at the same time, I miss dominating him :p

I tend to use Turnips/Glide Tossing to make him approach and if he attack my sheild with something, I usually use OoS Dairs to fight back. Works pretty well

Whenever I fight MK, I always go on the defensive and throw Turnips about the place and then punish MK when I can. It's crucial you remain defensive against him. What do people think about Jab and Dash Attack vs MK?

What do people do when trying to edgeguard MK? I throw Turnips at him and Float around near the ledge of stage and react accordingly to where he looks like he's going to go

Kata - Wow, your uni holds weekly smash events? Sweet...who organized them? I'm surprised nobody frowns upon it...was it easy to get together/get it going? And how do you fare against the people there? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom