• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach winning a big tournament. Lets end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah it's good stuff Rick! We have quite a few people turning up now! We actually had some guy named VA turn up, who is powerranked quite highly in the UK iirc. That was interesting ^^. I've seen no peaches though as of yet...

Brighton's quite open to practically everything... you can organise anything you want there and nothing will be frowned upon. I don't organise them, though I might start taking it more seriously and begin organising some serious events like legit tourneys and the such - the scene is slowly growing so it makes for a good opportunity ^^.

EDIT:: And thanks for the advice everyone lol! I'll try to apply this in my game and see how it fares.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I know this is really old, but is this possible? I just can't help but believe that it is, especially after how Armada showed us what Peach can do.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I honestly don't think that Peach was nerfed that badly from Melee to Brawl. Let's see. yes, her DSmash was nerfed massively, her FThrow was weakened, and her dash attack, and no more float cancels, but otherwise she wasn't too badly nerfed.

No more float cancels isn't a big deal, since her aerials have less lag in general, and the only laggy one (Fair) is easy to auto-cancel. In addition, Dair got a boost in knockback and damage, FSmash is a viable kill move now, her new UTilt is far better, Toad and Peach Bomber were buffed etc.

She may not be as good as she was in Melee, but she didn't get nerfed nearly as badly as the likes of Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff. Peach could be mid B tier in the future IMO. We just need to find a way to get a guaranteed USmash at kill percents...

goodkid

Smash Lord
That was Melee.. >_>
Yes we all know that, but Peach wasn't even considered a tournament winning character, until Armada showed us what she can do. Peach is almost exactly where she was in Melee. She had a difficult time KOing, but she had a better edgeguard(because on Melee mechanics) and d-smash setups which made up for her power.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Peach cannot win a major tournament in brawl. If she had her melee F throw like she was supposed to then mabey. But no she can't.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Uh, Peach was considered at the top or near top of high tier in Melee pretty much since 2003/2004 or so when Mike G and a few others showed what she can do. She was consistently beating all sorts of top tier characters. That's not the case with Brawl Peach. Melee peach has trouble getting low % kills with her natural moveset, but due to edgeguarding and gimping, she actually had less trouble killing opponents than they had trouble killing her.

Let's not bring this thread back, it's old and only causes frustration and arguements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom