• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach winning a big tournament. Lets end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Application of techniques is more important than actually doing the techniques themselves since if you just spam the At's, you aren't going to get anywhere.
I should have also said players should know when to apply the ATs. When I first learned about double nairing/bairing, I would always try it after a floating dair, but sometimes your opponent is just too far for it to happen, so its just better off to hit a normal nair or uair.
The Dtilt glide, its not very useful, its rather situational, although in a tourney match I quickly tried to dtilt spike a ROB, but before it hit, he ledgehopped and I up smashed glided and KOed him with the sweetspot.
The technique Bone found of glide pulling a long distance IMO is a must learn as it is very safe to get a turnip in your hand.

With the knowledge of ATs, you simply have more options, not that they are too good and a must use. I read somewhere on the Diddy boards, "Just because you can glide toss, doesn't mean you have too."

But yeah spacing and reading>>>ATs.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
not only is peach a matchup specific character (i second this belief) shes also a character that takes a HELL of alot of concentration to play effectively in a tournament setting. for example, i have ADHD (and proud of it too XD ooh look a butterfly.... *runs off*) and its easy to tell that if you break your concentration for even a SLIGHT SECOND, you could lose everything in the blink of an eye. I was at a tourney yesterday, and in my tourney matches and stuff, i was playing like ****. and when i was playing on my wii (my texture of patchouli is on that) or in friendlies, i was playing like....freaking flandre scarlet on caffeine pills.

all in all, you better be 495% focused if u want to win with peach in a tourney setting. but thats just me

goodkid

Smash Lord
Peach needs a secondary to win IMO, just for MK, maybe Falco, some Snakes, & Marth. I think she can do it alone w/ the rest of the cast, but secondaries for certain high tier, but depends on the player, easy Falcos & Snakes are beatable w/ Peach.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Peach needs a secondary to win IMO, just for MK, maybe Falco, some Snakes, & Marth. I think she can do it alone w/ the rest of the cast, but secondaries for certain high tier, but depends on the player, easy Falcos & Snakes are beatable w/ Peach.
she doesnt nessacerially NEED a secondary in order to win against meta, cause i have sent plenty of mks into losers/eliminated them with peach/peachouli (peachouli is my personal texture hack that i use like 90% of the time) alone. its certainly helpful to have a secondary to tackle meta, but isnt needed in order to win against one but then again, it kinda depends on the style of the peach. one could be great for going up against Marth and Meta, but fails against snake and DK for say.

its really subjective to the style of peach imo

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
HOBO 14
1: Dojo (meta)
2: infinity (meta)
3: Razer (snake)
4: Lee (lucario/meta)
5: Hylian (GW)
5: KOS-MOS (all peach)
7: sandtrap (meta/peach)
7: Gnes (diddy)
9: Kown (pit)
9: Roy R (marth)
9: Santi (tl)
9: Mr. 3000 (sonic)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223587
Im going to the next HOBO playing as all Peach too.. It will be my first tournament, hopefully I will place high... I think I can.. wish me luck guys.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Nobody ever places well they're first tournament xD It's horribly tiring and you won't be mentally ready for the later matches, plus the level of competition will be beyond anything you've faced.

You'll do fine, but don't stress if you don't place high at your first :)

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
Nobody ever places well they're first tournament xD It's horribly tiring and you won't be mentally ready for the later matches, plus the level of competition will be beyond anything you've faced.

You'll do fine, but don't stress if you don't place high at your first :)
Well, I don't know .. I've been playing Smash Bros. since it first came out.
As far as tiring.. I'm sure it wont be... I play Brawl ALOT on the weekends.. Im talking like.. 14-20 hours a weekend. Level of competition..I've played tooons of amazing people on Wi-fi..(but I know Wi-fi sucks)...I've also played amazing people in my area and done great.

Thanks for the support though :)
(By the way.. have anyone of you heard of Scimitar?)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't believe Peach needs a secondary to make - say top 9 or 13 at a regional tournament - She can do it 100% by herself. however if you want to win or get top 5 you easily need a secondary. So ask yourself what your goals are and that will determine whether you need a secondary. If you want to just do really good and be good and recognized you don't need a secondary but if you want to win money and place with the best of the best then you need one.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe Peach needs a secondary to make - say top 9 or 13 at a regional tournament - She can do it 100% by herself. however if you want to win or get top 5 you easily need a secondary. So ask yourself what your goals are and that will determine whether you need a secondary. If you want to just do really good and be good and recognized you don't need a secondary but if you want to win money and place with the best of the best then you need one.
I was thinking that Diddy/Wario would be Peach's best secondary....
What do you think about this?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Diddy has problems with Marth/Falco, should help for MK, G&W, and maybe Snake?

Wario does even better vs MK and Snake, even with Falco, dunno about Marth/G&W.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^^
Besides Metaknight? Just find someone that's good or goes even against G&W, Marth, Falco, Dedede...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It really depends on your playstyle and habits. Some of us here need a secondary good against marth, others falco, other meta. It really depends on your personal matchup weaknesses.

hova

Smash Champion
only match up i dislike with my Marth/Peach is MK, but luckily one of the better MKs on the eastcoast is in my crew

so who's gonna be the first famous Peach? who's gonna dominate their local scene, knockout a few big names in large tournies and become infamous??

anyone driven enough?

Bellioes

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about Peach being able to dribble her turnips. Im posting here cause I didnt see a Q&A thread and I dont think it derserves a seperate thread. Im not a Peach main butI believe it really gives her movement a big boost. Unless theres some AT I dont know about, chaining these is her fastest form of movement.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'd like to take over my region soon. I've been beating all but the top two players in WA lately and am moving to #4 on PR in the next update. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
only match up i dislike with my Marth/Peach is MK, but luckily one of the better MKs on the eastcoast is in my crew

so who's gonna be the first famous Peach? who's gonna dominate their local scene, knockout a few big names in large tournies and become infamous??

anyone driven enough?
Not me, still a chump that can't do ****.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Do we have a video of this dribbling? I read the thread, but I learn by watching how its suppose to be done than reading how its suppose to be done.

@Dark: You got this thread started with full intentions of helping our damsel beat out the best! You can't let us down now. You help out most of the Peaches who are not known, and you and many other Peaches care about her outcome. Brush that tourny off your shoulder and start out fresh. Kos-Mos placed high at WHOBO, so that means everyone here can aswell. Its a beginning of a new era, a very Peachy era!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Do we have a video of this dribbling? I read the thread, but I learn by watching how its suppose to be done than reading how its suppose to be done.

@Dark: You got this thread started with full intentions of helping our damsel beat out the best! You can't let us down now. You help out most of the Peaches who are not known, and you and many other Peaches care about her outcome. Brush that tourny off your shoulder and start out fresh. Kos-Mos placed high at WHOBO, so that means everyone here can aswell. Its a beginning of a new era, a very Peachy era!
I'm not like the rest of these Peach players. I'm not Kos-Mos, I'm Not praxis, I'm not these people that place high, I am not good. Than fanboy stuff towards me needs to end. Makes me look dumb how people keep saying I am great and all and then when I hit tournaments I do horrible in them. I'm one of the most bias players here cause of that. I suck, end of story.

I started this thread. But don't mean I can do it. Someone else can, but it is not gonna be me. If you wanna see something done, talk to Kos-Mos and Praxis and boost them up to get the job done. I'm too much of an idiot to do it. I'll be watching from the side lines as usual.

Hova- How many times is he gonna switch from a high tier to Peach? High tiers aint doing the job for him? Thought thats all he needed.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm not like the rest of these Peach players. I'm not Kos-Mos, I'm Not praxis, I'm not these people that place high, I am not good. Than fanboy stuff towards me needs to end. Makes me look dumb how people keep saying I am great and all and then when I hit tournaments I do horrible in them. I'm one of the most bias players here cause of that. I suck, end of story.

I started this thread. But don't mean I can do it. Someone else can, but it is not gonna be me. If you wanna see something done, talk to Kos-Mos and Praxis and boost them up to get the job done. I'm too much of an idiot to do it. I'll be watching from the side lines as usual.

Hova- How many times is he gonna switch from a high tier to Peach? High tiers aint doing the job for him? Thought thats all he needed.
Um...maybe they're not trying to be fanboyish towards you, maybe they're just...being nice? :ohwell:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

I think that isn't because you suck or something, but because you expect way too high from yourself. It puts a lot of pressure on you. And when you lose, it gets even worse. You obviously don't want to be overrated, yet it seems like you overrate yourself.

You'll get better, for sure.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How do I over rate myself? I go to every tournament ready to own. But what happens at them is the other way around. Now people saying I am this and that, Yet look at my tournament results. They suck. It's not about talking about it. It is about being about it. And tournaments is what matters. Not people being impressed off me in friendlies and thinking I am great. Yet people do that. That is why I am overratted and one of the most bias players out. I wait till the day people realize this. I suck man.

I made this thread for a reason. But very lil think she can't do it alone. I think she can but too stupid to do it. So what now?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
How do I over rate myself? I go to every tournament ready to own. But what happens at them is the other way around. Now people saying I am this and that, Yet look at my tournament results. They suck. It's not about talking about it. It is about being about it. And tournaments is what matters. Not people being impressed off me in friendlies and thinking I am great. Yet people do that. That is why I am overratted and one of the most bias players out. I wait till the day people realize this. I suck man.

I made this thread for a reason. But very lil think she can't do it alone. I think she can but too stupid to do it. So what now?
Ahh... I see.

It think you shouldn't worry about being the best or the worst. It's just putting pressure on ya. Like now. You shouldn't worry so much and just ... I don't know, relax more, a bit more 'I don't care, let's see what happens'. Don't try to look that much on how good you are at stuff.

You know, did you actually ever thought about WHY people find you great? It's not for no reason. You must do something right.

On the other hand, you're also doing something wrong, according to yourself. What is it that you do wrong then? Personally, I think it's something mental, and not physical. Unfortunately, I don't know you well, so I can't tell. I guess you should try to find out yourself.

So, to put it short, I think that you shouldn't listen to what people say you are. If they overrate you, let them. If you're really THAT bad as you say you are, they'll stop sooner or later. Just play for fun and don;t be too hard on yourself ;d

Lol, I sound like a psychologist o.o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ahh... I see.

It think you shouldn't worry about being the best or the worst. It's just putting pressure on ya. Like now. You shouldn't worry so much and just ... I don't know, relax more, a bit more 'I don't care, let's see what happens'. Don't try to look that much on how good you are at stuff.

You know, did you actually ever thought about WHY people find you great? It's not for no reason. You must do something right.

On the other hand, you're also doing something wrong, according to yourself. What is it that you do wrong then? Personally, I think it's something mental, and not physical. Unfortunately, I don't know you well, so I can't tell. I guess you should try to find out yourself.

So, to put it short, I think that you shouldn't listen to what people say you are. If they overrate you, let them. If you're really THAT bad as you say you are, they'll stop sooner or later. Just play for fun and don;t be too hard on yourself ;d

Lol, I sound like a psychologist o.o
I do, and never seen one reason for it. And I guess I am just ********. Go figure.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Um...maybe they're not trying to be fanboyish towards you, maybe they're just...being nice? :ohwell:
Thats exactly what I mean, I respect you for your dedication to Peach, not because your popular and what not. We cant all have amazing tourny results every time. Also, with you moving out and working a lot, its understandable that you didnt awesome at this tournament Dark. Your an above average player and recognized. I KNOW you didnt get there by being a mediocre player. Just get more confidence in yourself holmes :chuckle:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think everyone should stop kissing ***** for a while
I second this opinion. <3 Dekuu

...oh wait

DARN IT

:p
Why not you boys put something in on this topic then or be gone.

We are not starting this Dark.Pch drama again. Please talk about something else related to this thread.
What drama, there was none to begin with. Need every lil reason to give warnings or infractions? Fine here is a free one you can give to me.

98% of you think she can't do it alone in tournies, so the hell are you here for then. Just keep counterpicking when you go up against a metaknight snake or w/e. The hell is the point of learning matches if you just gonna run from them? I don't know what I was thinking making this thread in here to a bunch or scardy cats

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol my response was just to respond to Dekuu's comment with my ironic sense of humour :p I'm not trying to provoke anything, I'm just having a laugh. Yaaay did it as well xD

No one's trying to start any drama atm so no need to bring out the whip airge D:

Back on track, I think KOS MOS did pretty well at Whobo. Congrats to him

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Dark.Pch, we're just being realistic on the matter. This forum is for the growth of the character, sure, but in no way are we obliged to over-step the character's limitations if we don't have to. Again, you're taking what you do, being that you stick with Peach for an entire tournament, and apply it to everyone else here.

Want to know why we're here? It's to learn more, it's to benefit ourselves as well as the character, but we don't have to only use Peach to attain that goal. Again, I respect where you come from but everyone else is not obliged to do the same. We as a community will still grow, just be patient.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
What drama, there was none to begin with.
I'm not taking any chances, especially with our history. Posts like "dont be a fanboy towards me" and stuff usually start things, and you all know it.

I'm not trying to be a *****, Im just trying to prevent history from repeating itself.

Anyways, back on topic to whatever Rick posted.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

98% of you think she can't do it alone in tournies, so the hell are you here for then. Just keep counterpicking when you go up against a metaknight snake or w/e. The hell is the point of learning matches if you just gonna run from them? I don't know what I was thinking making this thread in here to a bunch or scardy cats
Such a strong ideology, yet you cry a river whenever you lose.

You are the one that chooses to go all Peach. Part of the competitive side of Smash involves counterpicking characters and stages to your advantage. Yes, you can learn the matchups with every character, but when there's a better chance of winning that specific matchup using another character you go for it [insert play-to-win crap here].

And yes, KOSMOS went all Peach on world Hobo and he placed around 14-17..I believe? To who did he lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom