• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Hey.

You know, If you're having a hard time approaching in the air with that predictable float to get your down-airs in.. you can sneak them in by short hopping a d-air over Falco and right before you hit the ground you can retain your float and continue to d-air air him. D-air will connect the majority of the time if you land somewhat in between but behind him. The only reason why I suggested you land somewhat in between but behind him is so you stay out of the grab range and so you kick his (usually) vulnerable feet once you retain your float. This technique works on many characters and usually connects into a continuation of d-air's that connect into (float canceled) u-air then finish the combo with a n-air. Its a scary and very effective combo. Try to kick the opponents feet when they're shielding. As to how it works on Falco, try spot dodging a laser then juming towards him with the short hop d-air to float approach. This works for the most part on most characters, especially heavies and larger bodied characters (Rob/DDD) whos bodies stick out of their shield.. Its a better alternative to N-air out of shield because it keeps you closer to the ground which keeps you out of the air where you can be pretty slow and easy to out prioritize.

Stages this technique doesn't work so well on would be Lylat and Yoshis only because of how the stage shifts making it hard to keep your float before you land.. and the ground on Yoshi's is lumpy so the elevation levels are pretty complicated, though its achievable in the center of that stage because it sinks in. The ground has to be flat in order to connect the combo effectively. Props to Edrees on teaching me this initially. I use this somewhat inescapable combo a lot.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sexy post by Bone. VERY detailed and helpful. Thanks :D I knew it was possible, but I haven't been really using it/applying it, so you're post gives me much better ideas on what do with it. You are right, it seems like it would be a great approach on Falco!

BentoBox

Smash Master
Are we allowed to ask questions concerning previously discussed matchups? :p If so, I'm having a reallllyyy hard time playing this Marth player. He plays very aggressively, turnips never seem to work as he simply catches them (almost every time) by spamming f-airs and that alone cuts down most of my approaching options, d-tilt is faster and has more range than most of my ground moves, while my f-air has supposedly more range, his comes out way faster so if he comes at me with all he has, I can rarely retaliate offensively... So yeah, what can a turnip-less Peach do against an offensive Marth?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
To build on bones' post. If you're on lylat or yoshi's story and can't get that floating D-air in a dsmash can take it's place to poke his shield. Grabbing or jabbing also works.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Are we allowed to ask questions concerning previously discussed matchups? :p If so, I'm having a reallllyyy hard time playing this Marth player. He plays very aggressively, turnips never seem to work as he simply catches them (almost every time) by spamming f-airs and that alone cuts down most of my approaching options, d-tilt is faster and has more range than most of my ground moves, while my f-air has supposedly more range, his comes out way faster so if he comes at me with all he has, I can rarely retaliate offensively... So yeah, what can a turnip-less Peach do against an offensive Marth?
Yes you are allowed to do so, it says so in the first post. Use toad if Marth is overly aggresive. If he's aggressing without reading your movements, toad will punish him and teach him twice to aggress. He'll then be aggressive-defensive and you'll have way more openings to escape or attack.

Gea

Smash Master
Eh, back to Falco I'd say its roughly even. If you DI back out of his jabs and start a float you'll never get shined, you have options against his chainthrow and the only way he'll consistently kill you is with bairs or laser -> usmash. You can bait lasers into toad (VERY risky though) or just ground approach until you're within distance to start mixing it up. Screw turnips in this matchup for the most part.

You get decently close and you can...

- Fair. Hardly the best option but it keeps falco on his toes
- Dair. This means sh dair (works well if they wait for the float) or float above him to catch his attempts to laser dair... from a dair you want the last hit. Dair to dair to uair to utilt works really well on him. Mix it up. Later on dair to uair works and dair to bair depending on DI. He can't come down with dairs himself so... enjoy it.
- Bair against his shield. I don't really like doing this, but its an option.
- Dash attack if he jumps
- Jab to grab.
- Rush in and grab/pivotgrab.
- Dash to shield to jumping out with a nair. Works really well.
-Ftilt
-Fsmash

If he shields, float so your feet hit the top of his shield. Dair once, then immediately, and if he stays in the shield it'll get poked. If he tries jumping out he eats anything too.

Once you're close you can do so much damage its pathetic. His illusion should be naired for best results unless he's stupid enough to come into your usmash range... and that should force him into the edge EVERY time. If he doesn't... free damage. There are plenty of stages to take him...

I unno. I understand what he has going for him, but in my experience of playing Falcos they aren't THAT bad as long as you are very patient with lasers and try to bait him into aggression.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
. Screw turnips in this matchup for the most part.

I totally disagree with that, those can be a godsend to this matchup depending on what stage you're on. Throwing them up at rolling distance will give you some control from him being so overly campy. You're right about pushing him towards the end of the stage though. Thats where you can abuse this bird. Its very wise to throw a turnip up on or within his roll range to punish him for rolling away if you try to approach him near the edge. What stupid falcos will do on FD especially when they camp is that they'll spam lasers to make you approach them when they're near the edge so once you do approach they're going to either jump at you from below or roll away and run towards the other side and continue spamming. With the turnip falling down (adding to the pressure) they're not only timing the turnip but are forced to deal your approach. Throwing turnips up on campy characters like falco is an excellent option.

Gea

Smash Master

I totally disagree with that, those can be a godsend to this matchup depending on what stage you're on. Throwing them up at rolling distance will give you some control from him being so overly campy. You're right about pushing him towards the end of the stage though. Thats where you can abuse this bird. Its very wise to throw a turnip up on or within his roll range to punish him for rolling away if you try to approach him near the edge. What stupid falcos will do on FD especially when they camp is that they'll spam lasers to make you approach them when they're near the edge so once you do approach they're going to either jump at you from below or roll away and run towards the other side and continue spamming. With the turnip falling down (adding to the pressure) they're not only timing the turnip but are forced to deal your approach. Throwing turnips up on campy characters like falco is an excellent option.
Except he can just laser you free every time you pull one with no lag on his end... and if he lasers correctly he can silent laser to usmash. Turnip if you have platforms and he can't laser you, otherwise...

Keep pressure on other ways. Like getting closer.

I'm not talking stupid Falcos. We're talking good spammers that just laser waiting for you to do anything they can punish. Pulling a turnip on, say, FD, is one of those things. Being ready to float or shield at ANY moment is far worth more.

To me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm not talking stupid Falcos. We're talking good spammers that just laser waiting for you to do anything they can punish. Pulling a turnip on, say, FD, is one of those things.
This is when the Turnip Free Pull shines! Until they catch on... >_>

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
We gotta wrap up discussion soon. I'm tempted to put about 50/50 through all that heated arguement and debate. I personally still feel it's 40 peach 60 falco, but i think enough good points were made i'll put up a 50/50. We okay with that? And hmm I will probably do Diddy next. Though he's not very popular he is a pain. Okay I'll make a scheduale

Diddy
then Wolf
then Lucario, Pikachu, or someone

Not to be rude but hasnt it been over a week? Or are you doing it for more than a week?
-One character a week, sometimes I might be too busy to update the thread, so it might be two weeks for some. We'll see how it goes.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Actually, Diddy players consider Peach a counter. Her floating gets rid of all their banana mindgames.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They still consider a good Peach a hard matchup :p

They have the matchup as 60:40 in favor of Peach
Peach's mid air float jump thing is very annoying with your bananas. You can't just do a normal toss at that, it goes right under her. What you have to do is short hop and throw it, and Fair or something of the sort. This is still hard though if the Peach player keeps moving around and if you miss you'll get a face full of Fair, which is one of Peach's best kill moves. Her turnips will get annoying, and the Dairing to Fair as well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
To me this match is not as simple as it may sound. You need a mix of Both air and ground game. Your air game is recommened a lil more.

Bananas can screw up your Ground game, which forces you in the air. But in the air diddy can take you down easy with his spaced moves or a banana itself. While Peach is a god in the air, that also comes with a price.

- You are slow in the air.
- You are a sitting duck You cant attack quickly from the front or back over and over unlike from below or above Peach
- If you dont space in the air, you are easy to punish. even if you try to Fair to jab

Diddy is Faster than you are. so a mix of that speed and banana tricks make it hard to kill him. So I limit the use of turnips here. If he is all over you and has bananas going around it will be hard to get one out unless you guys are far from each other. Use his bannas against him and even glide toss them. when there is one near you, always grab it. And to even screw up his banana set up, fight in the air holding one. So for the limited turnips you can pull in this fight, you have his bananas. It's a good trade.

The common thing diddys will do is Banana>grab or Banana>dash attack. Also the #1 way to get a banana for diddy is dash attack. So if there is a banana in front of him, expect him to dash attack it. You can set him up with a clean Fsmash/Ftilt or jab. These are quick/good ways to abuse him with in the dash attack.

Diddys Jump kick (or w/e that move is called, goes through most of your attacks. ( I think all of them from what my friend NinjaLink was doing to me) Dont even try and toad that move. it does not work. Every time I tried, diddy went through it and I was left a sitting duck. You can toad his bananas but I do this with care. If he baits you to toad, you will eat a banana>grab/attack and it can do some serious damage to you.

For me, against a smart diddy, I have to play this match creative more than anything else. Diddy has great set ups and tricks with his bananas. And this can be hard to deal with. And he will force you in the air while at the same time he can ground you. But since his bananas are the problem here, you would need to work around that first. and the best thing for that is the air. But look again what I said about her air game. So if you play the typical/average Peach, I don't care if Peach has the advantage, you will get recked.

This fight I recommend putting the pressure on him to screw up his set ups. You will need to be agressive but smart about it. Don't just come in with Turnip>Fair all the time, this gets old and smart diddys will just bait it to a banana or kick you out of the air, Toss a banana or go and attack you from underneath.

Playing one of the best diddys out right now, I say this fight is 50-50 or 60-40 Peach. Smart diddys wont care that Peach may have the advantage, they will make it look like the fight is even or that he may even have the advantage here.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I agree that the match up is 60:40 Peach's favour. Whilst he can throw them at you, Peach float severly hampers the fact that you aren't going to be slipping on them anywhere near as much as other characters do. She can glide toss the bananas back at Diddy and if you're a good Peach player, using projectiles should be second nature to you.

Diddy has a few strong attacks but these are all somewhat easy to see. If Diddy contiually tries that 'Throw the banana at you and dash attack you whilst regrabbing it' thing, Toad the fool. Toad works very well against Diddy. His recovery is very easy to gimp. Use good edgeguarding skills and watch if he's going to land his Up + B on the stage

Despite being a somewhat small character, Dair works very well against Diddy so as always make good use of them. Remember Diddy can spike you so don't let your guard down when recovering.

It may seem difficult at first but I agree with what the Diddy players say

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
you can say that about any projectile user really
My only point is that "Diddy cant use his banana mind games" is not too relevant since he can knock Peach onto the ground. I'm not commenting on other matchups here or saying that you can't float well against him. I'm just saying Diddy can his banana mind games still because bananas do knock you out and he's quite fast, and quicker than most characters, to the point that he can deal with it and be able to pull off Banana mind games

I think it's around 50/50. I just think it's a pain as in annoying. I don't have fun playing brawl when I'm facing diddy. I pretty much have fun facing every other character. Heh.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I remember the first time I played against a Diddy main. That was a sad, sad day.
Note: Do not attempt rolling away from the bananas into OTHER bananas.

And yet this thread is not stickied. Mod FAIL.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've only ever fought one good Diddy, and only one match.

It was horrible horrible ****, but I had no idea what to expect. I was slipping left and right and kept trying to roll away from Diddy into the bananas.

I also sucked back then, as it was my second month in the competitive community. So I really don't know how it'd be now, but I would imagine Peach would have a slight advantage compared to other characters due to the float.

However, the fact that Diddy's Fair comes out so fast and has a long range and good priority worries me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
These may help show what a pain in the *** this is. This are vids against one of the best Diddys out right now. This dude beat M2K at a regional tournament on the east cost. I think he fought him in losers.

Me losing to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4kU06kpb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMV0lBxOYQc

Me beating him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBXxm2VQcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjwJmlOTbPE

Maybe these can help show the struggle of this fight. And also ways to handle this.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I agree with edress. All diddy has to do is get you with a banana once in the right spot on the ground and its basically a stock just like everyone else. The float isn't hard for a diddy to stop. I really have a hard time killing diddy btw... he has SO many recovery moves in his jump and side b and upbAnd since hes so fast and manuverable I have a hard time landing a movethat is actually strong enough to k.o. him. Although, if diddy players say peach has an advantage then they must know what they are talking about.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've found Bair is much better move to use vs Diddy. Fair is just far too slow so I always approach Diddy not facing him and turning around (or B reversing if I need to use Toad) when needed. I short hop my Dairs instead of floating with them to jump over his bananas if he throws them. I mix it up and Dair on the second jump to hop over what he throws at me and then attack him

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
The fact that they still have not stickied this is so sad it is staggering. How often do the mods actually come to the peach boards?

And... on to the content of the post. I read on the diddy boards that if diddy glide tosses a banana and trips his opponent when he is spaced properly he gets a free unblockable fsmash or tilt... Could this be used against diddy to score a free fsmash or a plethora of other strong attacks.(probably wont kill unless you hit with the pan because you wont sweetspot it). Also, what other moves can she get... Maybe glide toss a banana into a ftilt and uptilt combo. Dtilt or dsmash may also be guaranteed hits. Someone should test this. I doubt a sweetspot upsmash would hit, but hey it couldn't hurt to try it out. Also, if you spaced right you may be able to hit diddy with an unblockable raquet shot. Just thought I'd add this since it hadn't been mentioned.

Gea

Smash Master
If you want a mod to sticky this, find out who the mod is for this particular forum and PM them.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
And... on to the content of the post. I read on the diddy boards that if diddy glide tosses a banana and trips his opponent when he is spaced properly he gets a free unblockable fsmash or tilt... Could this be used against diddy to score a free fsmash or a plethora of other strong attacks.(probably wont kill unless you hit with the pan because you wont sweetspot it). Also, what other moves can she get... Maybe glide toss a banana into a ftilt and uptilt combo. Dtilt or dsmash may also be guaranteed hits. Someone should test this. I doubt a sweetspot upsmash would hit, but hey it couldn't hurt to try it out. Also, if you spaced right you may be able to hit diddy with an unblockable raquet shot. Just thought I'd add this since it hadn't been mentioned.
We really haven't delved into the results we can get using the bananas ourselves. We can glide toss too!

The bananas are a double-edged sword after all.

If you want a mod to sticky this, find out who the mod is for this particular forum and PM them.
I've done this, the list being on the bottom of the main Peach board. It's not working. We should ALL just spam all the mods mailboxes.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
We really haven't delved into the results we can get using the bananas ourselves. We can glide toss too!
True, but picking them up is dangerous as Diddy can throw the OTHER banana at us, and then we could get sandwiched between two bananas.

Villi

Smash Lord
Dark.Pch, those videos were extremely helpful to me. This is a matchup I have trouble with when I encounter it, but I don't get a lot of experience.

I was on the Diddy boards looking up some of his ATs and I didn't realize how many of them have been used on me without me even knowing what was going on. >.>; So there's some easy stuff I was working on in the training room...

This is the thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179708

I'm gonna list what I thought was useful.

Banana Skiing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3wHZBme8JQ

This works if you manage to get both of Diddy's bananas in your possesion. You have one banana in hand, and one in front of or directly behind you. You C-Stick throw one banana, press A to pick up the other one and immediately glide toss it forward. You should end up with one banana on the floor and another one falling from above you. Pick up the one on the floor, C-stick throw, grab the one that was falling from abover you, glide toss, repeat. It knocks Diddy off the stage and can rack up to 40 damage as a banana will do 5-7% on connecting.

Banana Choke Chain Grab:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxY7ogT5IZ0

You get a banana behind him, grab and pummel. When he's released from your grab, he falls onto the banana and trips. You can then dash grab and repeat until the banana disappears and you can dash attack, throw, or get him with an aerial.

Dribbling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ5A7fwE-E

Peach can't really dribble that well because her backwards glide toss is short and difficult, but I wanted to show this because it demonstrates something Peach can't do with turnips which is attack while throwing downwards on the ground. Getting right in front of Diddy and glide tossing while throwing downwards will create a few good set-ups.

What happens is this: Peach is directly in front of Diddy. She glide tosses downward while moving forward. Diddy takes 8 damage from the banana, falls backwards in a slipping animation, and Peach ends up behind him. So Diddy is trapped on his butt between a banana and Peach.

From there, she can smash attack, slap, ftilt, banana choke chain grab, dair combo....

Peach's glide toss is about as long as her roll distance plus one more Peach. From a little less than half your glide toss distance between you and Diddy, you can glide toss a banana forward and end up in front of Diddy after he trips. You can do whatever you want to him after that. A funny thing about banana glide toss to dsmash is at low percents, Diddy will often get sent behind you right back on top of the banana where you will have enough time for an fsmash.

Attacking while holding an item:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aomqLMVTqX0

Friendly reminder ^^

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
things to look out for: bananas, forward smash, glide throws, aerial spacing
I usually float around and use Fairs and Bairs (especially if he has a banana peel in his hand)
If he throws it, try to avoid it, if it hits u, roll AWAY from the banana peel and not right at it. It will make u slip and fall in a frenzy. Personally, I like to use my dash attacks to pick up his banana peels then glide throw them back. I suggest fighting back with turnips, spacing aerials (like the ones i've mentioned), and maybe a few ftilts, utilts, fsmashes, and usmashes here and there. Try to gimp him when he is recovering by floating and aerial attacking him. if u have an aerial using diddy enemy, try to fight back with ur aerials as much as needed. Oh yeah, and grabbing is awesome, do that alot. (personally i use the slap alot)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
True, but picking them up is dangerous as Diddy can throw the OTHER banana at us, and then we could get sandwiched between two bananas.
Risk versus reward i guess.

Still couldn't hurt to test what unblockable shot peach could get from a successful glide tossed banana. That way you maight not waste an oportunity to
A) get a k.o. that would ordinanrily be more difficult
B) use and unblockable smash or tilt combo for alot of damage on an early stock

If you can get an unblockable fsmash in then it may be a good idea to space a fsmash not so that you are right on them, but that it can sweetspot a raquet shot... Does the pan hit if you are spaced so that a raquet sweetspots? And does a running usmash sweetspot? i doubt that one, but its her earliest kill move.

Also, maybe if we have a banana we can time the throwing so that if it hits diddy and he slips you can pull a turnip and hit him with that and keep him in hit stun and then trip him with the banana and push him to the end of the level just like a double banana toss... Again this is little novelty things that may or may not be useful.

tpyo

Smash Cadet
Also, maybe if we have a banana we can time the throwing so that if it hits diddy and he slips you can pull a turnip and hit him with that and keep him in hit stun and then trip him with the banana and push him to the end of the level just like a double banana toss... Again this is little novelty things that may or may not be useful.
Though I'm not 100% sure on this, I am fairly positive that the hitstun is not long enough on tripping to pull a turnip and throw it.

I play a very good diddy main online a lot, one who doesn't really follow any kind of brawl forums, and although I haven't seen a huge number of diddy players he does seem to play fairly different from most of them. I will try to post some videos of our matches soon so that maybe you guys can see some more things diddy can do (if he really does play a unique diddy and I'm not just crazy)

Without his bananas, diddy would be much less scary (duh) so I think that that is how I try to play the match, avoiding the bananas and using them against him when possible. My only real trick is to float and when I see the banana coming, get out of the float and airdodge, this way you have a (fairly high with practice) chance of catching it, and if you do it too early it will just go through. Since I'm playing online a lot though I tend to do it too late more often than not and land, which is trouble. Punishing the dash attack he does to grab the banana seems like a really good idea though, I'll definitely be trying that

I agree with everyone else that this matchup is very annoying, maybe it's because I'm always playing online that I seem to take devastating hits after being tripped once :S at the lower percentages there are combos waiting and at the higher percentages maybe I'm not rolling out of it fast enough or maybe a fsmash IS inescapable from the trip, but it's always waiting for me :p

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Though I'm not 100% sure on this, I am fairly positive that the hitstun is not long enough on tripping to pull a turnip and throw it.

I play a very good diddy main online a lot, one who doesn't really follow any kind of brawl forums, and although I haven't seen a huge number of diddy players he does seem to play fairly different from most of them. I will try to post some videos of our matches soon so that maybe you guys can see some more things diddy can do (if he really does play a unique diddy and I'm not just crazy)

Without his bananas, diddy would be much less scary (duh) so I think that that is how I try to play the match, avoiding the bananas and using them against him when possible. My only real trick is to float and when I see the banana coming, get out of the float and airdodge, this way you have a (fairly high with practice) chance of catching it, and if you do it too early it will just go through. Since I'm playing online a lot though I tend to do it too late more often than not and land, which is trouble. Punishing the dash attack he does to grab the banana seems like a really good idea though, I'll definitely be trying that

I agree with everyone else that this matchup is very annoying, maybe it's because I'm always playing online that I seem to take devastating hits after being tripped once :S at the lower percentages there are combos waiting and at the higher percentages maybe I'm not rolling out of it fast enough or maybe a fsmash IS inescapable from the trip, but it's always waiting for me :p
If diddy glide tosses a banana and trips you and is in range of a fsmash when you trip it is inescapable. Courtesy of the Diddy boards.

Also, if you already have a turnip pulled can you turnip, naner, turnip, naner just like double banana? I dont have my wii anymore so I cannot test! Im so sad face.

Villi

Smash Lord
If diddy glide tosses a banana and trips you and is in range of a fsmash when you trip it is inescapable. Courtesy of the Diddy boards.

Also, if you already have a turnip pulled can you turnip, naner, turnip, naner just like double banana? I dont have my wii anymore so I cannot test! Im so sad face.
You can definitely space your glide toss to get him with a sweet spotted racket. It's actually as easy to find as just standing in front of Diddy and rolling back. If you glide toss properly, you have a 50% chance of sweetspotting if you've used your frying pan. I just tested it and Peach can definitely fsmash before Diddy can react. A frying pan will not hit if you're in racket sweet spot range.

Yes, you can turnip pull, glide toss banana, toss turnip, glide toss banana etc. It's percent sensitive and really difficult to space, though. Diddy basically has to be standing a full glide toss away so that when you hit him with a turnip and glide toss the banana you're in a position to catch the turnip before it hits the ground then pick up the banana and glide toss, etc. From 0 to about 40% the turnip isn't going to cause enough knockback. The hitstun from the turnip causes Diddy to bend forward so if you follow up too quickly with a banana at low percents, you'll throw it right over his body. It works best from 50%-100%, but it's still difficult to pull off. You can adjust your spacing with the 2/3 distance glide toss and reverse glide tosses if you can get those under your fingers.

The breakdown is: Diddy starts at the right tip of the diamond on FD, Peach starts at the right edge. Throw turnip, pick up banana and glide toss, catch turnip, c-stick throw turnip, catch banana, glide toss banana, turn around catch turnip, c-stick throw turnip, catch banana, throw banana, Diddy grabs ledge.

There's actually a variety of way this could work or not work and that's just one way to make it work. It could even end up if you overshoot the banana and then hit with the turnip, Diddy gets knocked back onto the banana behind him.

It all has to happen really fast and depending on his DI and your imperfect spacing, it's just difficult to perform. I still think it's worth attempting because even if you do mess up and drop the turnip, you can still improvise yourself into a good position.

A fun thing to try is a z-dropped banana to fair set up. It's not really that safe, but it's neat to try for the training room. You get right in front of Diddy, short hop, z-drop, fair. The banana should hit Diddy, causing him to trip, you should catch the turnip while connecting the fair with Diddy. lol

Edit: You know what, you can actually start the banana turnip lock if Diddy is standing in front of you too. It just takes getting used to and possible doing a weak toss instead of a smash toss to get the banana to connect. I'll try to get the information organized.

ALSO, and this one is good. Peach can pick up bananas with NO LAG with an auto-floated auto-cancelled aerial. So, instead of grabbing a turnip on the ground with a dash attack, you can run, auto-float, and immediately fall out of it with a dair or fair and you get no lag. Even if it's Diddy's banana on the ground, it won't trip you if you're floating.

More random throwing information... Peach throws bananas one character space farther than she throws turnips. Standing in the middle of FD, a grounded smash throw will land right in front of a Diddy standing on the edge (bad idea), and a banana thrown at the top of her full hop or timed double jump will hit him.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
You can definitely space your glide toss to get him with a sweet spotted racket. It's actually as easy to find as just standing in front of Diddy and rolling back. If you glide toss properly, you have a 50% chance of sweetspotting if you've used your frying pan. I just tested it and Peach can definitely fsmash before Diddy can react. A frying pan will not hit if you're in racket sweet spot range.

Yes, you can turnip pull, glide toss banana, toss turnip, glide toss banana etc. It's percent sensitive and really difficult to space, though. Diddy basically has to be standing a full glide toss away so that when you hit him with a turnip and glide toss the banana you're in a position to catch the turnip before it hits the ground then pick up the banana and glide toss, etc. From 0 to about 40% the turnip isn't going to cause enough knockback. The hitstun from the turnip causes Diddy to bend forward so if you follow up too quickly with a banana at low percents, you'll throw it right over his body. It works best from 50%-100%, but it's still difficult to pull off. You can adjust your spacing with the 2/3 distance glide toss and reverse glide tosses if you can get those under your fingers.

The breakdown is: Diddy starts at the right tip of the diamond on FD, Peach starts at the right edge. Throw turnip, pick up banana and glide toss, catch turnip, c-stick throw turnip, catch banana, glide toss banana, turn around catch turnip, c-stick throw turnip, catch banana, throw banana, Diddy grabs ledge.

There's actually a variety of way this could work or not work and that's just one way to make it work. It could even end up if you overshoot the banana and then hit with the turnip, Diddy gets knocked back onto the banana behind him.

It all has to happen really fast and depending on his DI and your imperfect spacing, it's just difficult to perform. I still think it's worth attempting because even if you do mess up and drop the turnip, you can still improvise yourself into a good position.

A fun thing to try is a z-dropped banana to fair set up. It's not really that safe, but it's neat to try for the training room. You get right in front of Diddy, short hop, z-drop, fair. The banana should hit Diddy, causing him to trip, you should catch the turnip while connecting the fair with Diddy. lol

Edit: You know what, you can actually start the banana turnip lock if Diddy is standing in front of you too. It just takes getting used to and possible doing a weak toss instead of a smash toss to get the banana to connect. I'll try to get the information organized.

ALSO, and this one is good. Peach can pick up bananas with NO LAG with an auto-floated auto-cancelled aerial. So, instead of grabbing a turnip on the ground with a dash attack, you can run, auto-float, and immediately fall out of it with a dair and you get no lag. Even if it's Diddy's banana on the ground, it won't trip you if you're floating.

I would hug you if I could you actually answered almost everything I asked... thanks for the info, btw can you land an usmash that will actually sweegtspot?

Villi

Smash Lord
I would hug you if I could you actually answered almost everything I asked... thanks for the info, btw can you land an usmash that will actually sweegtspot?
I didn't think you could because he's too short to get the shoulder pad when he's sitting down, but get this... You dribble a banana passed him so that you end up behind him then you walk toward him to push him in the general direction of the banana. Then you hit him with an usmash as he bounces.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
-Once falco is below the ledge, edgehog him, he doesn't have much horizontal range.
Edreeses, I think you mean vertical range.

And for next week (however early it is to suggest), I vote Toon Link.
I'm getting really tired of the campers. :urg:

Top Bottom