• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I play a good marth a lot. Some things you should abuse:

Dash grab/glide toss in between hits of Sh double fair on your shield, or glide toss or dash attack when you see him whiff one at semi range. Jab OoS fairs/nairs when autocanceld soon after the hitbox came out. Buffered nair has alot of dead frames but can be retreated so dash attack. You can dair/fsmash/fair if he uses db4 on your shield. db1 and db2 are annoying because you are afraid he will cancel into the next one. wait a little while before you punish, it cant be canceled as late as snakes ftilt. nair out of double fair at low percentages (works till around 25%).

most of this is obvious but hope is helps.

Nicole

Smash Champion
This weekend, I think there are going to be some super good Marths at VGbootcamp (Neo in particular). I am going to MM Neo if there's time and see how badly I get *****. Neo is (I'm sure) at a much higher level than me, but I'd still like to see if I can hold my own against him at all. I really don't think Peach vs Marth is that bad of a matchup, I do agree that it's in his favor, but not by much, probably 55:45 or so.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You should be able to get around his playstyle, it has a diddy + peach weak. Watch some of his recent vids and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Sorry, Meno, but no, bounced turnips, as far as I could tell, don't have hitboxes anymore. It IS handy in teams if your ally can use turnips effectively, though, and can catch it, so keep it in mind nonetheless.

Well, once you get inside Marth's defensiveness, then you can proceed to kick his butt. The problem is that his fair and range is so annoying that its really hard to get inside. So what I do is just turnip/run away until he's forced to approach you, and then try to get in a fair, OoS nair, or even maybe a roll behind them into jab->grab. The hard part about the matchup is getting inside his defenses, but I mean there are some good parts about the matchup, such as turnips and grabs and stuff

In my opinion, the matchup isn't even, but most like around 55-45 Marth, or maybe even uneven, like 53-47 or 57-43. I mean, I think that Marth defenitely counters Peach, but she has some pretty good stuff against him.

Are there any forced moves or advanced tactics that help with the matchup? Like forced usmash or something? I get dthrow->utilt a lot at low percents, which is a good starter, but I think they can DI out of it.... Idk....
It's basically a lot like Melee, except Peach's bair has more range, her fair is faster, and turnips sadly don't bounce off shields. It's also usually a good thing if Marth grabs a turnip because he can then only toss it or have to drop the turnip, so it makes all of his options outside of side B and up B, at the least, slower to execute(if not by a few frames ala z-dropping). As such, turnips are KEY.

And do not EVER rely on slap -> grab. Marth's up B can hurt you bad for it if you rely on it too much. Also, don't be too afraid of going out against Marth when he's recovering, because that's where you're going to be doing the most damage/KOing. Cover yourself with a turnip or two and try to get him in a bad recovery position. If he goes low, try to save your float for appropriate ledge punishment, too. If you have to go back early to do so, do so. It's at least more free percent you wouldn't be getting otherwise.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, once you get inside Marth's defensiveness, then you can proceed to kick his butt. The problem is that his fair and range is so annoying that its really hard to get inside. So what I do is just turnip/run away until he's forced to approach you, and then try to get in a fair, OoS nair, or even maybe a roll behind them into jab->grab. The hard part about the matchup is getting inside his defenses, but I mean there are some good parts about the matchup, such as turnips and grabs and stuff

In my opinion, the matchup isn't even, but most like around 55-45 Marth, or maybe even uneven, like 53-47 or 57-43. I mean, I think that Marth defenitely counters Peach, but she has some pretty good stuff against him.

Are there any forced moves or advanced tactics that help with the matchup? Like forced usmash or something? I get dthrow->utilt a lot at low percents, which is a good starter, but I think they can DI out of it.... Idk....
I play a good marth a lot. Some things you should abuse:

Dash grab/glide toss in between hits of Sh double fair on your shield, or glide toss or dash attack when you see him whiff one at semi range. Jab OoS fairs/nairs when autocanceld soon after the hitbox came out. Buffered nair has alot of dead frames but can be retreated so dash attack. You can dair/fsmash/fair if he uses db4 on your shield. db1 and db2 are annoying because you are afraid he will cancel into the next one. wait a little while before you punish, it cant be canceled as late as snakes ftilt. nair out of double fair at low percentages (works till around 25%).

most of this is obvious but hope is helps.
Tried it. Did not work for me.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sonic - I can't camp him or approach him, he controls the whole fight and I definitely can't ever punish him, always get grabbed and turnips always feel like a loss for me anytime I even remotely think of grabbing one. Serious business this Sonic is, plus I get grabbed a LOT. I failed cause I died by his predictable F-Smash I guess.
You don't need to approach him. Sonic has pretty much zero approach options, since he's got no projectiles or horribly disjointed moves. If a move is coming his way, chances are he has to shield. Provided you get a few hits on him and just sit there, he can't do a right lot. At the end of the day, Sonic will always have to commit an approach and essentially you can just move out of the way of his moves and punish them with a Bair or Floating aerial. Turnips aren't as effective as they are in other match ups because Sonic is simply too fast for you get them up safely most of the time

You might find yourself getting grabbed by Sonic because by the time you've come down to use an aerial, he's already run up to you causing you to mis space an aerial. Don't be afraid to throw a few random Fairs out - since there's no lag, there's nothing for Sonic to really punish you for. If the Fair doesn't hit, no biggie. Get Dairs on his shield if you can, his Up Tilt is very slow and not very good, his Up Smash is slow and his Up + B won't do any damage to you

A lot of (bad) Sonic's instinctivly Up + B and Dair when they feel in danger. Just stay on the ground, avoid the Spring and punish Sonic as he's coming down from the Dair. A Floating Nair is probably the best move to use since you can move and the hitbox will last long enough for you to catch him in those few frames of landing. Speaking of Floating Nairs, use them. Nair will outprioritize Sonic's spindashes so if he spindashes into you, Nair him

When recovering, be very wary of what Sonic is going to do. Don't be tempted to come crashing in with a Fair when recovering, an up angled F Smash from Sonic would send you flying. If you get hit up in the air or Sonic Up Throws you, watch they don't Spirng to Uair. Either move out the way or if you're feeling plucky, use Dair and hope they actually get killed by the final hit xD

At a glance Sonic has very good recovery but tbh if you ask me its not as great as it looks. His Up + B doesn't auto snap to the ledge and has a wierd tumble so you can gimp by grabbing him but most Sonic's will never put themselves in a situation to let that happen. If Sonic recovers low, you can sometimes get an Up Smash on him when he's springing up.

Sonic is one of the only match ups I'm actually confident about giving advice for and probably the best thing you can do is to play him at his own game. Sonic is mainly about punishment and captalizing on your mistakes. Peach can do exactly the same to him, only better

White-Peach

Smash Ace
SPEED was in my Pound4 pool and after having won, he told me if all I did was DAir, I would have won. (I told him "WELL, GEE THANKS!") And take him to brinstar. For some reason that stage sucks (the weird flooring makes him not-so-fast.)

I have a question~

Vs. Marth, if you manage to ledgegrab and force him to recover onstage (he always lands about the same spot anyway), what is the best way to punish that?

In most circumstances where you had the time, your float would be gone because you timed the edgehog. If for some reason you had your float intact while hogging the ledge and he landed in front of you, you could ledgefloat NAir him back out and reset the situation with added damage.

But other than that, what can you do? Just NAir/FAir? Is here time to get back onto the stage, grab, pummel, and BThrow?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My question is, do any of these footstool combos work? Are they inescapable? I've never heard that confirmed.

Also, a thought on something else:

Approaching backwards with a turnip. Bair seems like a much better approaching aerial, while having the turnip allows us to access fair when needed by doing a throw in the opposite direction. Also, works in reverse, but the turnip is thrown uselessly away.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
u can't space bair on a powershield and not get grabbed but you can do that with fair. so it's like **** it, don't approach w/ it, just kinda do it slightly backwards or do it in place or somethin'. you don't approach, they just run into **** haha.

the other prob I see with it is just that your approach can get outright stuffed sometimes if you recklessly put yourself in the air like that. Liiike...my D3 would prob bair through it all, Lucario would fair/bair, my fox would fair/bair through it also. other chars can outright stuff approaches too.

oh and the reverse turnip throw to bair is a dumb mindgame i thought of a while back. the turnip is thrown uselessly away but **** it, it'll get ya like one kill and one kill only on anyone that hasn't seen it before just coz it's so goofy. =O

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Meh peach should be above Dk, tink, pit, mabye rob, kirby.

**** pit hype based on nothing is freakin annoying. And wtf is up with tink was has he been doing to deserve this. rob still has potential but kirby is all dried up.

oh and zelda isn't that bad seriously who started that bs.

Raz: I thought you could uair string? you landed dairs to no end but not a single uair outside of DI. was this before that? I personally this sh/fh nair is hurting your game just because its not too hot frame wise. I like the empty sh to bair fake outs that worked very well vs diddy.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Eh. I agree that Pit is overhyped. DK has some very solid results on the EC, and Kirby has Chu representation. ROB dropped quite a bit from the last list.

What's Peach been doing?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I'm either reading between the lines, or optimistic to the point of lunacy~

(***1***)However, the BBR has been busy with many projects and discussions, as well as new policies being brought into place that put the Tier List on the backburner.

(***2***)For hopefully obvious reasons, the tier list was of less concern than making sure our foundations, rule set policies and the organisation of large tournaments were as sustainable and AWESOME as possible.

(***3***)I would like to point out that this tier list is based on the BBRs current OFFICIAL RULE SET.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

(***4***)There was lengthy discussion of what we would consider high tier, middle tier or low tier characters, especially with the majority decision of Meta Knight being in his own tier. The Brawl Back Room in general seems to be very excited about how well the Middle Tiers have panned out. We hope that in itself it creates a strong balanced metagame with a lot of diversity for future side-events.

(***5***)Snake is still second best in the game, but he is not considered to be within the same tier as Meta Knight. I would call this a drop in principal.
(I added numbers to help you follow my craziness!)

1) It looks like they're hinting at heavy discussion of MK ban (idk how many of you followed that discussion, and how things changed when Crow! made that epic post.)

2) This looks like rule changes ahead. If you followed the MK discussion thread, you saw "surgical changes" mentioned a lot, and the changes that need to be made to keep MK in the game (which warrants a ban). Also, talk about the game dying out. Sustainability rises without MK? I think so :D

3) Referring to rule changes AGAIN. MK stalls too much at high levels of play by bypassing the rules, and planking was banned because of him. Rule changes to change these kinds of problems (to me) supports the fact that changes need to be made, which either kicks him out of the game for being MK, or kicks him out of the game because of how planking, scrooging, and the inability to counterpick/stage counterpick MK are negatively affecting gameplay because of the ruleset. Changing the rules for a character would warrant a ban.

4) Moving MK out into his own tier makes sense based on how good he is, but also because it cleanly allows that upcoming chop? The rest of this section is kind of nebulous to me, because it could mean so many things (not counting the "side-events" thing, which is obviously low-tier tournaments.)

5) Hints at the gap between MK and Snake and BAN and NO BAN on the character.

But yeah. Those were my thoughts. I'm withholding my thoughts about Peach currently because I think we'll see a ban :) And we all know what that means, Peach is movin' on up! (As are other characters, which can eliminate her problematic matchups, who are also "easy" matchups - hi oli~)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
These fools seriously know nothing and bias to no end. I had just about enough of these fools. I'm buying a wii today. This **** ends and heaven is gonna start landing on their heads.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Alright peach's let's get this done.I have a tournament this weekend but I think that city tournament is what's big right now. For all that's going make peach proud.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
**** yea. I been out for too long and doing bad. Now I'm gonna force myself to get back to how I was in the summer time when I was beasting. Overdrive on my wii tonight and me beating the **** out of people at 2morrows tourny. The hell with this nonsense on Peach. Summer groove is coming back in 2010.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I threw pebbles, I threw boulders, I threw threats of the explosion of Dark.Pch, but they still thought Pit was great.
WHY PIT!? WHY!?

Also I liked your older avatar DP :).

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know you were doing your best Shaya, you were pretty much the only one in that thread i agreed with.

Go DP. Just print out frame data, make up new stuff, get down techs, **** at tourney.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I threw pebbles, I threw boulders, I threw threats of the explosion of Dark.Pch, but they still thought Pit was great.
WHY PIT!? WHY!?

Also I liked your older avatar DP :).
I used avatars to express my mood. With this one I am a lil on the pissed and evil said. same with text color. But since I am on my phone I just leave it white

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

Xyless

Smash Master
What garbage said. Even with her slowly developing techniques, she hasn't gotten the placements to really get raised in the tiers.

I just love that she hasn't budged in the tiers since Tier List 2.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
3) Referring to rule changes AGAIN. MK stalls too much at high levels of play by bypassing the rules, and planking was banned because of him. Rule changes to change these kinds of problems (to me) supports the fact that changes need to be made, which either kicks him out of the game for being MK, or kicks him out of the game because of how planking, scrooging, and the inability to counterpick/stage counterpick MK are negatively affecting gameplay because of the ruleset. Changing the rules for a character would warrant a ban.
Just FYI; this isn't referencing a rule change, this is reminding people that we're using the official BBR ruleset. Which, officially, does not implement a ledge grab rule or ban planking.

Planking has been banned by most TOs, but not by the BBR.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You don't have to flame everyone who disagrees.

I really dont care anymore. And if people wanna flame me, let them. What else is new? You think by now people would have actually learned something. The rep rule with Peach is BS. Cause there is characters that got less rep then her and thry still get points. People always wanna get on the pros or cons on a character. Never both then add a lil bias and stupid hype. Does that sound legit to you? People seruiously dont think.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I really dont care anymore. And if people wanna flame me, let them. What else is new? You think by now people would have actually learned something. The rep rule with Peach is BS. Cause there is characters that got less rep then her and thry still get points. People always wanna get on the pros or cons on a character. Never both then add a lil bias and stupid hype. Does that sound legit to you? People seruiously dont think.
It's not because you don't care if people insult you that its fine for you to insult them.

What should we go by? Your own gut instinct? Tell me, if you have a perfect system I'm all for it. Otherwise Peach just doesn't place. Nor does pit, I want to change pits placing too >.>. However you don't have to act condescending when you have little knowledge of how the BBR works.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Calm down now. The last thing we need is for something here to start especially since this board has been pretty good and united lately. As a hole we all know peach hasn't been making good enough placings to go up. We need more top 3. Which we all know is difficult. Im not the best person to come to about know how with peach or other characters so I know im not bbr material but... I forgot where I was going with is... XD

swordgard

Smash Hero
Calm down now. The last thing we need is for something here to start especially since this board has been pretty good and united lately. As a hole we all know peach hasn't been making good enough placings to go up. We need more top 3. Which we all know is difficult. Im not the best person to come to about know how with peach or other characters so I know im not bbr material but... I forgot where I was going with is... XD

Its fine, its just that dark peach is very flame-happy towards the BBR.

Top Bottom