• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach does not place? I brought in a 7th and a 3rd. as well and doing 13th at a big NJ tourny and a darn regional. KB was bringing in good results hitting within top 7th. Nicole brought in good results as well. And this i with us beating good people. it was the same way with the list before this one. Yet you boys once again still dont know what to do. characters that got less rep went up. Pit was not doing **** and look at where he is. hype and bias nonsense is what the BBR is. And the proof is right there.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Il be honest, there is some stuff going on atm with pit. Some people in the BBR didn't even realize pit was this high until it was too late in the process and I know I'm trying to fix that atm.

Please dark pch, you have no idea how the BBR works so don't make such assumptions. Trust me, its easy to judge from the outside, but once your inside you realize its different than what you thought. Its very complicated.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
2010 is the year for Peach to shine! Let's rally up the troops and make sure she is a force to be reckoned with! <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm not a fan of the tier list either. I'm displeased about Zelda dropping 9 spots into G tier. Bulls***!!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Lol @ everyone bashing Pit. Peach is good, but she isn't as good as Pit. Pit can be played incredibly safe(planking, multijumps, arrow camp, gliding). Maybe she's better VS Pit, but not overall. Pit may have been over-ranked THIS tier list, but I promise you that he'll be even higher in the near future. Koolaid, R@vyn, Sagemoon, & Vex are the best Pits.

Vex picked up Pit 2 WEEKS before he placed 5th @ Katar(NY/NJ) tournament. Koolaid has placed 1st @ least twice out of 30-40 entrants(w/ players like Fatal & Bizkit), 5th/50-60 @ a NY tournament. R@vyn recently placed 4th/40 under top FL players(Hrnut, Seibrik, Shaky). Pit is also ranked 4th in Japan. Pit has amazing potential, however, he has a BAADD reputation, mostly because of N00bs and a gimpable recovery. Everyone and their momma has gimped a Pit before and decided, “Oh, Pit is easy, all you have to do is gimp his recovery!” This of course is not true because there aren't many good Pits to show how good his recovery is.

The Peach's are different. We have what Praxis, Edress, Dark, Excel, Kosmos, Mikey L, KBeef, Kyon, & Nicole, and you can't even produce a 1st placement w/ over 30 entrants! The Pits have a lesser amount of good players and we're producing better results! The more you know!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Lol @ everyone bashing Pit. Peach is good, but she isn't as good as Pit. Pit can be played incredibly safe(planking, multijumps, arrow camp, gliding). Maybe she's better VS Pit, but not overall. Pit may have been over-ranked THIS tier list, but I promise you that he'll be even higher in the near future. Koolaid, R@vyn, Sagemoon, & Vex are the best Pits.

Vex picked up Pit 2 WEEKS before he placed 5th @ Katar(NY/NJ) tournament. Koolaid has placed 1st @ least twice out of 30-40 entrants(w/ players like Fatal & Bizkit), 5th/50-60 @ a NY tournament. R@vyn recently placed 4th/40 under top FL players(Hrnut, Seibrik, Shaky). Pit is also ranked 4th in Japan. Pit has amazing potential, however, he has a BAADD reputation, mostly because of N00bs and a gimpable recovery. Everyone and their momma has gimped a Pit before and decided, “Oh, Pit is easy, all you have to do is gimp his recovery!” This of course is not true because there aren't many good Pits to show how good his recovery is.

The Peach's are different. We have what Praxis, Edress, Dark, Excel, Kosmos, Mikey L, KBeef, Kyon, & Nicole, and you can't even produce a 1st placement w/ over 30 entrants! The Pits have a lesser amount of good players and we're producing better results! The more you know!
Flame war countdown:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
:l
=l
xl
;l

Someone kill him please.

;p

Ok seriously now. Praxis is not so active anymore. Edreese has quit (or he comes over once a year). Dark is active and gets some good results here and there. Excel is not so active anymore, as he keeps switching between Melee and Brawl. I haven't heard of Kosmos in ages. Mikey Lenetia is doing it well, but I don't think he was very active before Pound 4 (where he did great, as he placed in brackets, something we cant say about Pit). KBizzle, Nicole and Kyon are not as long in the scene as the rest, but they keep getting better and their results are improving. It might look like the Peaches have a lot of mains but that's really not the case.

And ehh... you don't have to act like that, you know.

:053:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I haven't played too many Pits... There are like 2 who have ever beaten me, and now I've gotten a ton better so I doubt they can still win...

Even though I suck against Pit, I find that Peach generally does better than Pit...... But idk

Moozle

Smash Champion
I asked about Pit in the tier list thread, and Xyro gave a good answer.

The SBR assumed ledge stalling, ICG, no ledge grab limit, and all around "gayness" was legal in most events. If pit ledge stalls CORRECTLY then he does ALOT better.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You can't even produce a 1st placement w/ over 30 entrants!
Despite the inaccuracies in the rest of his post, this is true and cannot be ignored.

That is exactly why Peach hasn't advanced. We've sustained ourselves with okay placings, but 7th and 9th places don't mean **** if we want her to rise. We won two ****ing tournaments last year.

Start winning ****.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
:l
=l
xl
;l

Someone kill him please.

;p

Ok seriously now. Praxis is not so active anymore. Edreese has quit (or he comes over once a year). Dark is active and gets some good results here and there. Excel is not so active anymore, as he keeps switching between Melee and Brawl. I haven't heard of Kosmos in ages. Mikey Lenetia is doing it well, but I don't think he was very active before Pound 4 (where he did great, as he placed in brackets, something we cant say about Pit). KBizzle, Nicole and Kyon are not as long in the scene as the rest, but they keep getting better and their results are improving. It might look like the Peaches have a lot of mains but that's really not the case.

And ehh... you don't have to act like that, you know.

Even in there prime, they did not produce consistant 1st placings. Kosmos & Excel were the only Peaches to win decent sized tourneys(25+).

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfunwOt9FU

I'd like to encourage everyone who fights G&W players to understand turtle hitbox properties better. Peach can do a LOT more things than the rest of the cast thanks to the inactive hitbox. For example; float away from the Bair and then use Peach's own Bair the moment the turtle head dips, if he tries to challenge you in the air. The fact that Bair shifts Peach's hitbox is really useful for punishing it and float lets her outspace it.

I've had a number of people exclaim "Peach's bair beats G&W's??" when I spaced to pull away and bair through the little gap when the head dips.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KBizzle, Nicole and Kyon are not as long in the scene as the rest
Thank you for the compliment in your post, but this part isn't entirely accurate.

I've been in the competitive smash scene since since early '06 starting with Melee. I've played Brawl competitively since its American release, but for a while I was still heavy on Melee since my scene for it wasn't completely dead yet. Once it died, that's when most of my focus shifted to Brawl and I switched from Ness to Peach. I did "so-so" for a while until my game with her developed further and further. So you're about half-right; I was in the scene since the very beginning, but I didn't "wake up and understand the game" until about a year ago. :3

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Really good video praxis....... poor GW :(
This unfortunetly is what I (and by the sounds of things most other people) thought about the video. Don't get me wrong, the video is great because a lot of first smashers have problems with G&W's Bair but most people would move away if the turtle hits the shield to avoid that kind of punishment

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

This is the most BS and bias post I have ever seen foa person that mains a character. And some of the stuff you spit out in this post is false crap. But you know what? I'm not even gonna bother. This community is annoying and filled with dunce caps. I'm getting sick of this. People wanna down grade Peach and talk nonsense then let them. I give up with this brainless community. Peach go be F tier and I not give a crap anymore.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I like how he says "and we're producing better results" like he actually did something to affect Pits placement.

You don't matter, and name-dropping the nuts you're hanging on doesn't make you matter.

And all those Peach's you listed are far better at this game than you are.

The more you know.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Lets please not let this turn into a flame thread. /:
Debating is fine, but insulting others doesn't get anything anywhere, it just makes us look bad.

Despite some bits of rudeness in Gadiel's post, some of it is true. Peach does need better results. Getting caught up in why Pit shouldn't be so high is pointless because he's staying there anyways until the next list. All you guys can do is try to produce more first place results and whatnot to make her rise. :)

Just try to be respectful of each other and keep the debating to a friendly level please.

If it gets too out of hand I'll temp close. :mad:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Haha, I'm just trying to get the Peach's fired up. I mean no harm. I still play Peach and I want to see her do better. I'm not meat riding anyone; I'm just stating the cold, hard facts. All Peach players need to step up their game.

On a side note, Koolaid(Pit) got 9th/115 @ Viridian City! Step it up Peaches.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Well, I'm only correcting them ;d. I mean, the fact that Peach needs better results is a known fact, but the results keep improving and the Peaches are doing better. We'll rise the next list and overtake that high-pitched anorexic *****.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This unfortunetly is what I (and by the sounds of things most other people) thought about the video. Don't get me wrong, the video is great because a lot of first smashers have problems with G&W's Bair but most people would move away if the turtle hits the shield to avoid that kind of punishment
Eh, the spacing sucked but the concept is sound. Keep in mind my record here :p

This is the basics of the basics, for people to understand the concepts. I have to explain bair's hitboxes to people on a near-daily basis on AIM, so I finally just made a video xD

And if he pulls away, I can dash attack OOS. The dash attack will meet up with him when the bair drops. ;)

I have punishments for almost every spacing imaginable.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And if he pulls away, I can dash attack OOS. The dash attack will meet up with him when the bair drops. ;)
Yep, I punish GnW's retreated bairs with dash attack OoS too. I believe a glidetossed turnip also catches him while the turtle is inactive (but the attempt may be punishable by dair, I'm not sure).

Question though: What if he decides to follow up with a dair after his retreating shorthop bair? Will Peach's dash attack hitbox still reach him before he can perform the dair? I'd like to know so I can properly respond if his bair turns out to be just a bait tactic.

@ Gadiel- I'm willing to wager that Pit still has a bit of that "culture shock" affect to him (as Sky would put it); meaning that since there isn't exactly an abundance of Pit players out there (as you generously pointed out)...people most likely do not know how to properly fight him. This applies to all character mains, and generally pertains to the mid/above-average/high (but not top) level players, seeing as the obvious outliers (M2K, Ally, ADHD, etc.) almost always find ways to deal with an opposing tactic.

Pit right now is to the community as Diddy is to M2K. That's what I see.

Xyless

Smash Master
I agree with Kyon. There's really no benefit to keep discussing the tiers, at least not when it is relative to Peach. Let's leave that in the Tier Discussion topic.

Anyway, I just realized today (Slowpoke moment) that Snake's nades aren't affected by staling. No wonder Snakes spam them so much.

TMYK

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
IMO you're the best with Peach if you don't get frustrated in the middle of a match and keep your head cool.

Just wanted to say it as thinking like this has helped me a lot. :)

:052:

hiROI

Smash Lord
IMO you're the best with Peach if you don't get frustrated in the middle of a match and keep your head cool.

Just wanted to say it as thinking like this has helped me a lot. :)

:052:
So true. So true. So true.
Almost everyone has the Peach fever when they're losing/winning by a margin. They just stop plucking turnips and begin to be a reckless agro player.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Guys, how do you approach a grounded Lucario? If i try to from the air, I either get jabbed or faired. I usually approach w/ turnips and fairs on the edge of the shield.
Do sh dairs work? Is it possible to camp Lucario?

Darks advice from before just doesn't work out for me, I need specific answers rather than broad summaries of how to bet lucario, if you guys dont mind.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I do a running approach with turnip and insta float drop just outside his fair/jab range and bait a reaction. When i see him fair he eats a glide toss. Fsmash has massive start up so you can float cancel your dash before you are in range.

Top Bottom