• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

That 2nd video would be so funny to pull on someone. Dash away, pivot grab the turnip further away from them, then use peach's awesome forward glide toss to counter attack a whiffed attack as they chase you lol If only that actually happens.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
After practicing thousands of times, I have irreversibly added freepulling to my game! Lol <3

Seriously, this technique is too good to pass up.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
We need to discuss Dtilt Fsmash..

This could really be a great part of Peach's punishing game.

What I did notice is that the range of you sliding backwards is either random, or has to be done enough times for you to slide back a great distance. You can somewhat compare this to Pika sliding.

I'll post a link to the thread in a bit.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It's all about timing on the dtilt to get certain distances on the slide, or no distance at all.

Are you landing dtilt at low percentages and then hitting with fsmash?? Or are you moving backwards and then punishing with it??

I also try to get dtilt > uair or nair, and at lower percents dtilt > utilt

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
It's all about timing on the dtilt to get certain distances on the slide, or no distance at all.

Are you landing dtilt at low percentages and then hitting with fsmash?? Or are you moving backwards and then punishing with it??

I also try to get dtilt > uair or nair, and at lower percents dtilt > utilt
Well, I always move a distance no matter what. I've tried getting down the timing for the massive slide, but it's always random for me. @.@

If someone knows the exact timing then I think we NEED a vid of it up. It's soo **** useful.

EDIT: I'm talking about a punishing game with it. That's why I want that full slide.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I just hate that Dtilt is SLOOWWWWW..

That's why I'm usually ready to just punish it off shield.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Dtilt makes me sad that it doesn't have enough hitstun like it did in Melee :( I like it better for the slide, but it can start combos

Metatitan

Smash Master
If this seems off the topic of D-Tilt, don't worry, it'll be there ;o

I've been doing this for like, ever, but I often don't see enough Peach mains focusing on spacing the first hit of their jab as well as they'd space a Fair. It is a lot more difficult considering that you have to space it right after the Fair (assuming you're Fair->jabbing) considering only aerials get the full benefit of float spacing. If you space it right, you can hit their shield with the tip of your jab (baiting a grab or spotdodge in the process), and then proceed to punish with down tilt, which in turn (depending on the %) can lead into a Uair. Peach doesn't really have many hard punishes for when she baits a grab OoS, unlike kirby who can forward smash someone after baiting their grab. We can't run fast enough to up smash, Peach bomber is too risky, forward smash is too inconsistent to rely on a single form, forward tilt should be saved for killing, and so should your aerials. Down tilt really is your best option in this situation since it can start a combo and if they keep their shield up (and you don't grab), then a single jab afterward can help prevent a punishment. I'm not trying to say that it's unpunishable, nothing in this game is 100% safe. It's just something to think about as well as something I'm glad I put into my game.

tl;dr: **** you, read it, but fiiiiine. Spaced jab-> down tilt is great for punishing baited jabs

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
If this seems off the topic of D-Tilt, don't worry, it'll be there ;o

I've been doing this for like, ever, but I often don't see enough Peach mains focusing on spacing the first hit of their jab as well as they'd space a Fair. It is a lot more difficult considering that you have to space it right after the Fair (assuming you're Fair->jabbing) considering only aerials get the full benefit of float spacing. If you space it right, you can hit their shield with the tip of your jab (baiting a grab or spotdodge in the process), and then proceed to punish with down tilt, which in turn (depending on the %) can lead into a Uair. Peach doesn't really have many hard punishes for when she baits a grab OoS, unlike kirby who can forward smash someone after baiting their grab. We can't run fast enough to up smash, Peach bomber is too risky, forward smash is too inconsistent to rely on a single form, forward tilt should be saved for killing, and so should your aerials. Down tilt really is your best option in this situation since it can start a combo and if they keep their shield up (and you don't grab), then a single jab afterward can help prevent a punishment. I'm not trying to say that it's unpunishable, nothing in this game is 100% safe. It's just something to think about as well as something I'm glad I put into my game.

tl;dr: **** you, read it, but fiiiiine. Spaced jab-> down tilt is great for punishing baited jabs
Nice read.

I guess the hours of waiting did some good. :)

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I have a question

I know that Peach's dair can beat MK's shuttle loop in the air... BUT, usually MK can grounded shuttle loop Peach out of her dair. Is it possible to beat MK's grounded shuttle loop with dair at all? I'm pretty sure that if you can hit MK at the top of his shuttle loop (the very very top) then dair can hit him out of it, but is this 100% certain, or was it just a fluke?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
MK can space a shuttle loop and in that case, it wont beat it.

I hate that move. I swear, if MK didnt have that attack we'd beat him or at least went even with him.

:052:

-Cross-

Smash Ace
The only time you can not beat MK's grounded SL is that initial hitbox because MK is invincible during it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7mu4_JLzE&feature=sub this video shows that because he turns blue. Watch at 2:22 aside from that you should be able to beat MK at the top of his SL the only problem is that SL is fast enough that it could hit right in between the dair hitboxes, but that would be a fluke. If you want to nair, since it is more reliable in that it is a constant hitbox.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oi oi, I was dinking around today and started musing about how technically Peach has the best defensive option in the game: the low-floating air dodge. Unlike shielding or spot-dodging this has nearly no lag... like if used right against marth's fair you'd get a guaranteed punish. Has anyone ever messed around with this idea?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Oi oi, I was dinking around today and started musing about how technically Peach has the best defensive option in the game: the low-floating air dodge. Unlike shielding or spot-dodging this has nearly no lag... like if used right against marth's fair you'd get a guaranteed punish. Has anyone ever messed around with this idea?
Definatley have thought about that.

I think it's a really good option. Its a way Peach can use airdodge but for another purpose. Cutting down the frames using the float and whatnot.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I am going to assume that you mean floating low but not ground level and then simply letting go of float and AD'ing attacks. It does sound pretty nifty, and I will try to implement it into my game. I have a feeling its one of those moves that finds more applications on paper than irl, but against certain characters, whose aerial approaches do not have good sex kick properties, this tactic would totally own. I like this a lot, however I don't think it will help too much in Peach's hardest MU, MK.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I have a question

I know that Peach's dair can beat MK's shuttle loop in the air... BUT, usually MK can grounded shuttle loop Peach out of her dair. Is it possible to beat MK's grounded shuttle loop with dair at all? I'm pretty sure that if you can hit MK at the top of his shuttle loop (the very very top) then dair can hit him out of it, but is this 100% certain, or was it just a fluke?
mk's shuttle loop has invincibility on the exact frame that the attack hits.

i'm sure this answers your question completely.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Your avatar is creepy. But I have not. Id like to look into it and try it. Maybe today. I'll tell you if it helps me some. Im sure it will in my luigi game.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I am going to assume that you mean floating low but not ground level and then simply letting go of float and AD'ing attacks.
Right.

I have a feeling its one of those moves that finds more applications on paper than irl, but against certain characters, whose aerial approaches do not have good sex kick properties, this tactic would totally own. I like this a lot, however I don't think it will help too much in Peach's hardest MU, MK.
Good analysis! Yeah this wouldn't be too useful against MK's ground game I don't think. It's a way to get past his fair and shuttle loop though for what it's worth.

Your avatar is creepy.

But I have not. Id like to look into it and try it. Maybe today. I'll tell you if it helps me some. Im sure it will in my luigi game.
Hmmmm I dunno if it would be that good against luigi, but I guess we'll find out lol. I'll look forward to your impressions.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
No no my entire luigi game involves ground float to the max. I posted a vid of it the other day, you should see it. Where have you been hot? Have you learned anything else about Peach? I also need to talk to you. I need you to teach me about frame data. As of now I play by what I feel works and I been doing good. But can't hurt to learn more.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
No no my entire luigi game involves ground float to the max. I posted a vid of it the other day, you should see it.
Yeah, I was just thinking that this would be best against short-lived single hitboxes... a description that doesn't fit Luigi's attacks real well, save for fair and maybe dair/bair? We'll find out! I saw that vid yesterday actually... and immediately started practicing ground floating shenanigans xD. I thought it was really impressive.

Where have you been hot? Have you learned anything else about Peach? I also need to talk to you. I need you to teach me about frame data. As of now I play by what I feel works and I been doing good. But can't hurt to learn more.
Life has been biting my *** for the majority of 2010, and as such I've learned like nothing lol. I've been idling on AIM as of recent so you could catch me there whenever if you'd like. I'm not sure how helpful I'll be, but we'll see!

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Ahh I get where you are getting at. Im sorry this year has been bad. This year for me has been life changing. A lot of new experiances. Mostly ones I didn't want but I got no choiced but to move up from here. And and message me on aim. Im using my phone right now.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I have a question

Your best bet is to full jump with dair to bait the grounded shuttle loop and hit him at the very top of his shuttle loop with nair right after her dair animation ends. Nicole passed this tip along to me and I've seen moderate success with it in tourney so far.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This has never occurred to me and sounds fantastic.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Ahh I get where you are getting at. Im sorry this year has been bad. This year for me has been life changing. A lot of new experiances. Mostly ones I didn't want but I got no choiced but to move up from here. And and message me on aim. Im using my phone right now.
Yeah, I guess that's just life really. As mere humans we can't always control our circumstances, so we've just got to do our best in the situations we find ourselves in~

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Are you talking about floating at just to correct height to eliminate the vulnerable portion of her airdodge?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
^Yeah pretty much. Doing this with turnip in hand and airdodge item dropping might be a good tactic that makes Peach less vulnerable to opponents that were waiting for the air dodge. Regardless seems like a pretty useful trick/mixup in certain MU's.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Too bad it's also ********.

Anyways, this low-float airdodge, I played around with it a little today before trying to complete the SSE (I got a new replacement Wii): it seems slow.

:/

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah Meno I played around with it myself in some matches and I just can't really flow with it. It feels terribly awkward. I might give it another try later though. maybe it just takes some getting used to in order to learn how to use it properly.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I actually have been doing this alot kinda subconsciously lately, mostly against falco but I have caught myself using it against Riot, Fatal, and some of our other players.

I kinda wanna see how we can try and squeeze it into the metagame to make up for not being able to short hop airdodge like everyone else.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Are you talking about floating at just to correct height to eliminate the vulnerable portion of her airdodge?
The idea is more to time her airdodge so that she avoids the attack and lands as soon as possible afterwards.... here I'll give an example frame map. Low floating Peach vs. Marth's fair:
Code:
Fair  Airdodge
1     3
2     [B][U]4[/U][/B]
3     [B][U]5[/U][/B]
[B][U]4[/U][/B]     [B][U]6[/U][/B]
[B][U]5[/U][/B]     [B][U]7[/U][/B]
[B][U]6[/U][/B]     [B][U]8[/U][/B]
1     1 [both characters land]
2     2
3     -[can now perform another action]
4     -
5     -
6     -
7     -
8     -
-[can now perform 
another action]
In this specific encounter Peach winds up with a +6 advantage over Marth; much better than shielding or spotdodging and about the same as power shielding.

Buuuuut yeah. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this turns out to be one of those "potential" things that, as -Cross- said, looks better on paper than it actually is in practice.

Too bad it's also ********.
New Peach AT: REVOLUTION
Anyways, this low-float airdodge, I played around with it a little today before trying to complete the SSE (I got a new replacement Wii): it seems slow.

:/
Yeah, Peach stays in the air waaay longer than I anticipated. For what it's worth here's some data showing how long she falls at specific float heights (includes the 2 frames of landing lag)

Float on F7: 10 frames (air dodge 1-8, landing 9-10)
... F8: 13 frames (airdodge 1-11, landing 12-13)
F9: 15
F10: 17
F11: 19
F12: 20
F13: 22 (air dodge runs out of invincibility at the end)

For the record floating on frame 7 of her jump is juuuust above the ground, but despite that it still takes her 8 frames to land from that height. Peach you floaty bugger you. So yeah, I guess if you're going to do this you want to be very close to the ground. Also she hits the ground much quicker when fast falling to airdodge:

Float on F7: 5 frames (1-2 fast fall, 3 air dodge, 4-5 landing)
Float on F13: 14 (1-2 fast fall, 3-10 air dodge, 11-14, landing)

...And you know, I hated the SSE when I first played it, but come to think of it I might enjoy it now that I'm more aware of the Brawl metagame. I wonder if the SSE fiends can handle pLaNkInG mEtAkNiGhT

Top Bottom