• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
When I was fighting Dao in one of the tourny's he was talking with Gnes, and they both commented that I wasn't in the air enough to avoid the bananas.

Also they Dao told me not to rush the match, and let Diddy put himself in bad spots for you to punish him. Since almost everything he does beats Peach.

Moozle

Smash Champion
This is kind of random, but seeing Wario just reminded me of a match I had on AIB ladder a day or two ago. I was playing Waft Oli, and it was third game and we were on SV. I would have won so early, except every time I got a grab (i got 5), he was able to stay in the grab until the platform came, so he was release onto the platform, away from my Usmash. I was so mad that it happened 5 times :( Was he just really lucky or is SV actually a really good stage for getting out of our grab release?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
This is kind of random, but seeing Wario just reminded me of a match I had on AIB ladder a day or two ago. I was playing Waft Oli, and it was third game and we were on SV. I would have won so early, except every time I got a grab (i got 5), he was able to stay in the grab until the platform came, so he was release onto the platform, away from my Usmash. I was so mad that it happened 5 times :( Was he just really lucky or is SV actually a really good stage for getting out of our grab release?
Sv is a good stage to get away from grab release. Ether I don't go there. Try to uptilt\ uair or just back throw.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, that happens =/ Wario on SV can get annoying. For some reason, sometimes on wifi (lag or no lag), whenever I try to grab release usmash, Wario can upB out of it... Is that supposed to happen? I never miss offline, but even in no lag wifi, they can up b out of it. Idk... its wifi

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Grab release to Up Smash should always work on Wario if you do it correctly, its probably Wi Fi messing with your buffering/inputs

And the platform is extremely annoying on Smashville because unlike on somewhere like Battlefield, it moves around. This allows Wario to not do anything to delay the grab release and the mash buttons like crazy and break out of the grab release when the platform is floating over him

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yeah I usually just go for the Utilt, but it just irks me so much to think that I could have been getting an early kill!

I have another question. I know I'm probably playing the matchup really wrong, but is there anything I can do against Diddy that will stop him from shield grabbing everything I do? I do bad against Diddy because I feel forced to be in the air to stay away from his bananas, and he can just shield grab anything I do to him in the air except well-spaced dairs.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Uair combo.

It's one of the like five actual legit combos in this game, and it got stuck with a misnomer.

:mad:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Edrees is right, and from my experience uptilt has always worked when a platform got in the way

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
It does work however not on all platforms. I don't land it on sv unless my buffer is not good.

After the tournament from yesterday I have a few things id like to talk about from what I feel needs to be changed, fixed, or at least talked about. Which I will do later.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
utilt is **** but it's laggy and i kinda get punished for it when ppl shield it or airdodge through it so usually my move of choice would be liiiiiiiiiike a mid height float nair/bair/fair into utilt or ground float uairs. the uair thing seems much harder to get around. it kind of just forces a jump coz ppl can't rly just shield it or just roll away b/c u can react since the uairs won't lag u.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So I was sitting here doing my training for apex. When I decided to test out DI with some attacks. Like Pika downsmash and metas Tornado. For Pika's Dsmash, all you have to do is hold the control stick up. Thats it. And You will get out of his Dsmash within the third hit. or was it the second one.....

With Metas tournado, Remember when I told people that I just tap both sticks up to get out of it? This was true and how I broke out of it. But that is not the official way to do so. It does work but not always will I get out. I tried to just hold the control stick up. And I broke out of it each time. Just hold the stick up and you will pop out of it. there is no need for the C stick. If you have tap jump off, Peach will just go into her float. From there you can just to land a Dair. Though hitting at the right spot can be hard. So best bet is to just Nair hm aout of it like we all know.

But yea, just hold the control stick up, thats it. I wanded to see if this would work since I can do the same with Marth's dancing blade. me and NinjaLink was trying to see ways to DI out of it a while back. And we figured out that all you have to do is hold the control stick away from him. I never tried it with Meta cause His tornado is a multi hitter. So I though the true logic for it would be to smash DI. Which I believe you can do but it's Not 50% official.

And while I did this in training mode, I have the hack on that makes your moves stale when you over use them. so I abused his tornado to make it weak, and see if it would make a difference. And I always broke out.

I can show you guys right now on here:

http://tinychat.com/peachtime

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
So I was sitting here doing my training for apex. When I decided to test out DI with some attacks. Like Pika downsmash and metas Tornado. For Pika's Dsmash, all you have to do is hold the control stick up. Thats it. And You will get out of his Dsmash within the third hit. or was it the second one.....

With Metas tournado, Remember when I told people that I just tap both sticks up to get out of it? This was true and how I broke out of it. But that is not the official way to do so. It does work but not always will I get out. I tried to just hold the control stick up. And I broke out of it each time. Just hold the stick up and you will pop out of it. there is no need for the C stick. If you have tap jump off, Peach will just go into her float. From there you can just to land a Dair. Though hitting at the right spot can be hard. So best bet is to just Nair hm aout of it like we all know.

But yea, just hold the control stick up, thats it. I wanded to see if this would work since I can do the same with Marth's dancing blade. me and NinjaLink was trying to see ways to DI out of it a while back. And we figured out that all you have to do is hold the control stick away from him. I never tried it with Meta cause His tornado is a multi hitter. So I though the true logic for it would be to smash DI. Which I believe you can do but it's Not 50% official.

And while I did this in training mode, I have the hack on that makes your moves stale when you over use them. so I abused his tornado to make it weak, and see if it would make a difference. And I always broke out.

I can show you guys right now on here:

http://tinychat.com/peachtime
IC players have been discussing that you can DI out of the tornado by pressing down and towards the center so they can shield it & then grab. I've seen this done by Marth & Pit before, so try it w/ Peach. They have a thread up.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
IC players have been discussing that you can DI out of the tornado by pressing down and towards the center so they can shield it & then grab. I've seen this done by Marth & Pit before, so try it w/ Peach. They have a thread up.
I've been able to pull this off multiple times with Peach, its extremely hard though.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I tried it. Nothing happens. it seems like it helps Meta keep you in. it has to be more than just holding the stick down. Maybe SDI? But I can't test this out alone.

And I made a video of me DI'ing out of Meta's tornado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCDuKjsXKC0

I also tested this out while holding nothing at all. And times Peach DI out of it alone. I guess it is due to her being floating. But I best recommend to DI out of it, and clap him with a Nair. You DI the first time and Nair him. If you have tap jump off, you can float out of the tornado this way.

No matter how fast meta taps B. His tornado can only go up to a certain limit. if you think the meta will Launch the tornado to its peak and Did not DI out, do it at this time. Float out of it and wait till it ends, and then hit him with a Nair. If he tries to fall away from, I believe you can fall along side him and counter.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I've been seeing how dtilt can be interrupted pretty fast... and now I'm starting to dtilt -> jab. It covers a lot of area, eespecially when the opponent things they are safe to hit you. Too good.

And also I found a practical use for (wasping) or quick floating... whatever you feel comfortable calling it and it's pretty simple. It allows you to instantly change your direction on the ground (much faster than pivoting or shield dashing). So if I'm running to the right, i can instantly wasp in place while changing my direction to a jab or dtilt or whatever.

You can use it to move a burst of distance,a nd then immediately come back wwith dash attack that otherwise dash->shield or walking would be too slow.

I'm thinking of maining peach when (if) I go to another tournament. Wanna test these things out

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Who me? No, I never use that.

It's useless and makes you never have to pause on the ground.

Me? My playstyle revolves around stagnant, slow, start-stop-start-stop movements. The proper way to play Peach.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol, are you kidding me??

I think this new method of free pulling (with the c-stick, which is better than the b-stick) has the potential for many cool uses.

One that comes to mind is by faking out your opponent and seeing how they react while you glide away pulling a turnip. Then you can condition and punish your opponent's future responses.

You can still be fluid with this technique and you can get more distance by reverse glidetossing, easily done with the c-stick.

C-stick > B-stick

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
--> My post
--> Kyle

:p

I actually tried doing some of the turnip stuff with the cstick for the lols. Worst experience of my life.

"lol this is dumb"

Back to the superior stick.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Honestly, when it comes to Brawl and tech skill, it doesn't even compare to what tech skill is required to be good at in Melee.

The c-stick is just too important to give up, especially when it comes to DI, momentum cancelling, and survival. Not only that, it's really easy to reverse glidetoss for movement and defense, which I think is one of the most important glidetossing techniques a Peach player should learn.

Back to living much longer and pulling off kewl tricks without the bull**** stick.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I can do all of those things. Notably, the reverse glidetoss.

Anyways, the word trick. That I think is what is all about. Maybe you guys look at bonewalking and free pulling as supplemental gimmicks - tricks - but that's exactly why I think we differ so much. These aren't simply tricks for me, they're entrenched in my playstyle. Bonewalking, free pulling; that's how I move. That is my spacing. It's not simply a cute trick, or an occasional escape. It's an essential and basic movement that I do to get around.

I use the bstick to ledge pull, free pull, and bonewalk literally every time I have the opportunity. Every time I get off a platform - bam, a free turnip. Every time I need a burst of movement, instead of running or walking, I can free pull away and bam, free turnip. Every time I land a decent hit, or need to cover some distance quickly, bam, a free turnip.

With 100% accuracy, I have high mobility and constant movement on platforms, at midrange, and at longrange. Importantly, this is done easily through a bstick, techniques which are normally difficult and precise.

All of this... with all the glidetosses, DI, momentum cancelling, uair combos, and errthing else. All of which are situational.

So there's my major reasoning. And I think it's pretty good. I bstick because it makes the harder, more constantly in-use ATs easy without losing any of the other essential techniques - albeit slightly less easier to perform (though with a 100% accuracy rate).

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Midwest represent. Nicole beating Anti at APEX pools

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just got a really sneaky idea.

You know how fsmash follows a new 19 move pattern every time the game starts? Write down the pattern on the TV you know your gonna play on and give it to a friend. Have the friend feed you the information of the next weapon every time you use fsmash. :o

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
You know how fsmash follows a new 19 move pattern every time the game starts?
...What???

How on earth do you use Smash attacks when you B Stick? Could you explain this or point me to somewhere I can read on this? When was this found out? :O
And is it for everytime the game starts? Thats...kind of crappy. By game do you mean actually turning on your Wii and selecting Brawl or chossing your characters + stage and then Brawling

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
LOL

Shutup Rick.

Anyways.

I just pulled out a golf club first thing in a match. And It followed a 19 move pattern. and repeated itself.

g f g f g f t g f t g t g t f g t f t

Though when I restarted the game, it was a completely different pattern. I think the game randomly generates f smash patterns which will actually make it impossible to properly disect.
I dunno if he means restart the match, or the entire Brawl game. Hopefully it means the later, since that could actually be used faster.

Top Bottom