• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
DK? Camp him, and get under him. Haha. Make sure you have a fresh Usmash, don't get behind him in the air.
One big kick can kill ya. >:C
But make sure you don't go near him at all if he knocks you on the ground. Roll AWAY!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This weekend ill get to play C spyker and Illmatic. Ill make sure i can record them and get them online. Samus vs peach is SOOOOOO fun.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Watch my matches vs. Kira, Goofball. I've gotten a better understanding of the matchup now :) I think it's in Peach's favor, 55-45

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
ROB is so big that dairing him wouldnt be much of a problem. I kind hate that lol. Atleast his fair and ftilt are good. Though I dont think he can do much to jab cancels :/

/robbemysecondary

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Ok now, so I need to stay close to him, first of all,
apparently I need to learn to PERFECT GUARD EVERYTHING, haha,
and more turnips.

Nah, but for real, that video helped a lot. Thanks, Silly Kyle.

[C Spyker, I thought Marth was your secondary...?]

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Ok now, so I need to stay close to him, first of all,
apparently I need to learn to PERFECT GUARD EVERYTHING, haha,
and more turnips.

Nah, but for real, that video helped a lot. Thanks, Silly Kyle.

[C Spyker, I thought Marth was your secondary...?]
Dinah had already second Rob. He recently added Marth.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I need MAJOR help with the R.O.B MU... Help me please...
If there's any match-up I can help with, it's ROB.

HIS NAME IS ROBERT!
Sometimes Roberto.

Finally, a match-up I'm knowledgeable with! I'm always facing Bees in tournament and I live down the hall from a former ranked Rob, and his Rob playing teammate! In my opinion the match-up is even, sliding toward Peach. Between 55-45 and 60-40 is where I'm jumping around, dependent on how much random momentum Bees gains.

The thing with Rob is that he has a bunch of random "holes". What I mean is Rob has exploitable pockets of lag and whatnot littered around his moveset and everything he does. I play this match-up by poking these holes over and over - the kill comes eventually.

The key to all these pokes is turnips. Essentially they are easy, long ranged, and fast pokes. Touching Peach's shield with anything that lags results in a turnip hit - which combos into everything. Rob has lag when he touches your shield, so the goal is to get in with a turnip, shield, OOS turnip, link to stuff, harass him when he is defensive in the air (which he sucks at), and eventually he dies. :p

Lemme describe the best course of action based on situation below.

Neutral Situation (Neither has the lead, both in the same position)
Basically, at the beginning of the match the absolute goal is to find a turnip safely. This is easiest on stages that begin you on platforms like Battlefield or Pokemon Stadium - simply start off the match by ledge-canceling a turnip into an airdodge. You'll have the turnip while simultaneously avoiding that annoying "starting laser". Otherwise, wait for the spam. Shield the laser and in the lag, bonewalk a turnip forward, same deal if he chooses to charge the gyro.

Powershield and get it in.

He'll commit to whatever trying to keep you out, OOS turnip it. You are now granted access to your preferred orifice. Commence ****.

Shorthop dair anything he wants to do on the ground. This includes his dsmash.

Once he's in the air: uair. Forever. Really, just keep jumping and uairing - his dair is too slow to protect him. He can only choose to juke though you, or move around you.

Once he begins to get away, choose between two options: a) allow him to reset, grab a turnip yourself, and repeat, or b) harass his landing.

I Choose Harassing (Rob is trying to land)
If he's trying to land on platforms, do the usual. Utilt, uair, usmash, SH nair, etc.

Otherwise, get under him and throw turnips up at him. If he chooses to land through you, he's either covering himself with an aerial or an airdodge. If airdodge: float nair or pivot grab. If aerial: ftilt. It'll beat everything out with speed and range.

Good catch-all otherwise: dash attack his landing.

If he chooses to go around you and you're forced to deal with him on an even plane in the air: use bair. Whenever engaging Rob in the air, speed is key. Bair will beat or trade with his fair and beat his nair. Avoid using fair in this match-up, it's simply too slow.

Rob Recovering (Rob is returning to the stage)
Throw turnips. If you want, chase with float. It's very rewarding if you go all the way out and hit, and if you don't you'll just eat a fair or whatever and make it back before he does. Avoid doing this anywhere near the ledge - you'll get stage spiked.

Once at the ledge, if he tries to go around, invinci-nair.

Otherwise, let him have it and find the spacing to skim him with ftilt if he tries to get off. At this spacing, bair anything he tries doing. Don't go for a turnip, simply keep landing and jumping back into bair position. Ftilt works as well, but doesn't keep him in the trap.

If he goes under, bonewalk and forward glidetoss to the other side to get there before he does.

Peach Wants to Camp (Peach has the lead)
She can too. Steal the gyro, shield the laser that has to recharge, and run around or whatever. An approaching Rob is much easier to handle, basically the same OOS plan, but with a better projectile.

Uhh, what else? This is getting long, so I'll stop here. I'll answer questions if there are any.

Summary
OOS turnip anything he touches your shield with.
SH dair him on the ground.
Uair juggle him in the air.
Beat his air and ledge game with bair.

Oh, and don't ever let him grab a beamsword. omgnooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Meno has the best use of f-tilt I've ever seen in a Peach player. That move *****! We need to use it more.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
There are times, a lot of times that I wish I had ftilted insted of something else. Most of the time it involves down throw and juggle with it when they lose there jump. I usually time it bad.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Ftilt is a GREAT move.
It helps against Metaknights for when I can't get that kill SOOO much.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I've noticed that for some reason, ftilt works really well against Falco. It just shuts him down. Same with C. Falcon. Also dthrow->ftilt/utilt is a legit combo at low percents

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I've noticed that for some reason, ftilt works really well against Falco. It just shuts him down. Same with C. Falcon. Also dthrow->ftilt/utilt is a legit combo at low percents
Hm, I used to play a falco who would always complain about Peach's ftilt (even comparing it to snake's utilt). For what it's worth it does hit though his jab.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a list of the characters that Peach's low-percentage CG works on? I assume it's not only the space animals, as I believe I've seen it used on an MK before. I went into Training mode and tested it out on some of my most common match-ups, but was wondering if there was a comprehensive list.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a list of the characters that Peach's low-percentage CG works on? I assume it's not only the space animals, as I believe I've seen it used on an MK before. I went into Training mode and tested it out on some of my most common match-ups, but was wondering if there was a comprehensive list.
Here is a comprehensive list. :V http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230878

Alright, since I have taken a short break from playing Brawl to play melee peach, I started thinking about what made melee peach so good and what has made brawl peach so... not so good.

First off, I watched the whole Grand Finals of 2009 genesis between Mango (Falco/Puff) and Armada (Peach). I did this because I feel Armada playing peach only a year ago is probably the peak performance of any melee peach.

1.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atJKXt1taMg
1.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGDeVFEo6XM&feature=related
1.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7bE9ll9Xg4&feature=related
1.4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brhbCqFZULU&feature=related
1.5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiztB2plM7o&feature=related

2.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMckFTdPlus&feature=related
2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57pj6nlC5zQ&feature=related
2.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRHtVzhVme8&feature=related
2.4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkF4KuDiRRs&feature=related
2.5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naxhm1Ss1os&feature=related

3.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzTqMhNPSqA&feature=related
3.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zki6wmj1vw&feature=related

After that I watched some brawl videos of some peach from the archives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mUhAirobPw Falco vs Peach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywefyn8gg2k Lucario vs Peach
And a few others, but I have listed too many videos already.

With these things in mind, I started looking at the differences between melee itself and brawl. Then, I looked at the differences from peach melee to peach brawl.

Differences in Games:
-knockback in general has been nerfed
-Hitstun overall has been reduced
-Characters are more float
-autosnap feature
-It is much harder to hit someone when they fail to tech and slam into the ground
-Lcanceling is removed
-Multiple airdodges are possible

Differences in characters:
*Dash attack does two hits
* Down Smash has been incredibly nerfed (less damage + range + knockback)
* Turnips disappear when they hit a shield or attack
* Larger chance of pulling a Beam Sword, Bob-omb, or Mr. Saturn when Vegetable is used
* Aerials have less lag
* Aerial movement speed has decreased, no longer in the Top 5 like it was in Melee
* Second jump has become much shorter with lesser animations
* Peach Bomber covers more distance than in Melee
* Similar to the Peach Bomber, her up-tilt now releases a small cloud of hearts instead of a headbutt
* Parasol does more horizontal recovery
* Parasol and Toad can KO now
* Back Air and N-Air does two hits if angled correctly
* Forward throw has been nerfed

Taken from DP's thread.

Now, with all of this in mind I started making sense of what this all means.
1) Peach's ability of being able to combo opponents has been greatly reduced. With lag of hitstun, many of her moves no longer have good attack chains like she once did. This allows for less damage from a single punishment opprotunity.
2) Edgeguarding is much more difficult for peach. Due to the autosnap feature, many people can safely approach the stage from underneath and not worry about getting attacked. With more airdodges, people have greater control over their recovery and it means that spacing attacks in the air has to be even more accurate.
3) With a more floaty feel and less air mobility, Peach is at the mercy of getting juggled much more easily due to taking longer to coming back from the stage. This also applies to trying to the time needed to cancel aerials from a float. Canceling aerials is much slower now because she spends more time in the air.
4) With two of her good powerfuls reduced (dsmash and fthrow), it is much more difficult for her to kill people. Also, with attacks being used successfully in a row, many of her other potiential KO moves are nerfed from over use. Fair, Bair, Nair, etc.
5) Turnips in general do not fly nearly as far or as fast as they did in melee, nor do they have the added effect of hanging around if they hit a shield. Thus, reducing peachs effective camping range.

Considering the problems above, it is probably in the best interest to see what can be done to try to minimize these overall looming problems for peach. These are some of the things I thought of along with what others have said in passing.

1) Peach should try to stay lower to the ground or on the ground as much as possible. This should involve less full hop floating and more short hops instead. This should shorter her time in the air and get a better frame advantage when trying to connect canceled aerials into other attacks.
2) Always try to recover from on high or below the stage. Never try to challenge characters from above that are particular good at attacking people from underneath. Meta Knight and Marth for example are good at doing this.
3) Aggressive peach is no longer really possible. With less hitstun means you are no longer 100% guranteed damage. By continuing to pursue an opponent you risk a guessing game of them being able to slip by and you lose your field advantage and more importantly your spacing. Peach needs to take advantage of the chances she has to punish, but to not go overboard and risk losing her advantage. The more in control peach is, the less likely she is to get into a bad situation.
4) Glide tossing is excellent means of spacing, but it is a dangerous form of offensive. Should a glidetoss go towards the opponent, the person can shield the turnip and then attempt to shield grab peach out of her slide. It's a nice mix-up, but is not incredibly safe. I would say a safer approach is short hop -> toss turnip (while rising from the shorthop) -> fair -> anything. The turnip in itself will cause a reaction out of the person. This covers the Fair approach and Fair is very safe on block as we all know. And since Fair will autocancel, you can lead into another attack. There is not much I can think of that can punish this sort of approach.
5) Turnips are your friends, the more you can get ahold of them the better. Using any chance you get to get a turnip is useful. If one could get bone walkinger perfected, then turnip usage could perhaps evolve to another level due to being able to get them and maintain spacing.
6) Dsmash should still be a good move. Even though it does not have the smae knockback, damage or range, it still provides excellent time to punish dodges, rolls and poke shields.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Nice post, Xeylode. I think you have the right train of thought for improving Peach's metagame.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Great post, Xeylode!

Armada is an inspiration to my Peach in Melee!! I wish he would play Peach in Brawl!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
After playing Melee Peach again, I seriously miss her D Smash
And smacking people with Fair and Bair is so much more satisfying. So much more CLUNK when they hit

The most bizzare thing happened a few days ago. I was playing vs DeDeDe on Rainbow Cruise and I'd pulled up a Bob-omb. Cause it was a friendly, DeDeDe used Swallow and I ran into him xD He spat me back out and I threw the Bob-omb to get rid of it

The Bob-omb exploded immediatly despite me only plucking it out recently but the explosion occured miles away from where both me and DeDeDe were

O.o

I can't remember what inputs I did but I think I might have been interrupted in the throwing animation when I was swallowed and that might have caused the Bob-omb to explode so far away when I threw it after being spat out. I dunno if the explosion has a hitbox either cause it didn't hit anything

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That's a glitch Rick!

If the bomb-omb gets hit by wind hitboxes while being held, like Dedede's Swallow, it'll keep and build that momentum when thrown. Once you throw it, it'll fly off in the direction the wind hit it in. I believe it's because even in Peach's hand it's still considered "walking", and so it piles up for when it is actually released.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ahhh that would explain it :p

Yea I just did some testing lmao funny cause Peach can do all sorts in the air and then suddenly thrown a super high speed Bob-omb. The best ones are B Throw and Z Drop. B Throw is wierd cause the Bob-omb is like 'lolno' and zooms in the wrong direction. Z Drop looks like Peach is using psychic powers to send the Bob-omb zooming off at high speeds into the face of her enemy ;D

Come to think of it, on RC the explosion was quite close to a magic carpet/those falling blocks so I guess I must have missed the Bob-omb flying across the screen cause it was going so fast xD

Moozle

Smash Champion
In my opinion, the best way to kill Snake is to be very patient. It may take until 150% or higher, but as long as you stay careful and only hit Snake when you know it's safe (turnips <3), the fact that it takes longer doesn't matter. At that kind of high percents, bair and nair are pretty good options for kill moves, since they're easier to land than fair. A lot of Peaches get totally screwed up when they try to kill some of the heavier characters like Snake or DeDeDe and they end up losing their lead. Playing aggressively just doesn't help get the kill in most situations.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I was in a match against a Snake, and we were both tied last stock and killing percent. But, I knew I could kill him, I got out of my comfort zone and attacked. As soon as I moved he up tilted and I died at 104 I think.

I really just need to learn to be patient. Thanks for the feedback.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Snake is such a pain to kill. So is D3. The important thing is don't change your style of play until you known you're going to kill him. My brother co-mains Samus, and he follows the advice of "keep damaging your opponent, no matter what their percent, until you find an opening to kill them." You basically have to follow that rule against Snake and D3. If you're playing them and get them to around 120-130 percent, if you try to kill them, then there's a good chance they won't die, so why waste the effort? First of all, going in for the kill lets them take advantage of you and possible kill you before you kill them. Second, if you attempt to kill with a killing move, but it doesn't kill them, then that killing move decays, causing it to take even longer.

So basically, don't try killing until you know they'll die, and try not to "force" the kill. Just wait for a good opportunity. To keep track of if you're winning or not against Snake or D3, try to keep a 2:1 damage ratio. You should always have less then half of their percent. If you can keep that lead, you'll definitely win

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
I was in a match against a Snake, and we were both tied last stock and killing percent. But, I knew I could kill him, I got out of my comfort zone and attacked. As soon as I moved he up tilted and I died at 104 I think.

I really just need to learn to be patient. Thanks for the feedback.
i tend to bait uptilt then punish with fair for the kill, or just nair then go and finish them off in the air thats what i tend to do. But then again what llod says is right also it just depends on how you want to play i tend to try to finish it with upsmash so they cant di and live forever

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What everyone else said - don't change your style of play until you're absolutely certain that you're going to kill...which is normally high percentages for Peach

Tbh, I find Peach's playstyle changes very little when you're actually going in for the kill whilst trying to play safe. Fair is one of our best spacing, defensive and killing tools. In my experience, having Fair actually kill someone is a nice bonus rather than my aim xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Can someone give me some basic pointers on the Diddy match up?
Was playing some randoms today and I got Peach, other guy got Diddy and I really had no idea what to do. Floating got shot down with Peanut gun, his Fair smacked me out of my Fair and Dairs...
It was just very irritating trying to get inside him and approach. Fair was a real nuisance. The match was on Lylat if that makes any difference

And please no 'SH Dair' posts :/ I'm watching you Praxis...

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Can someone give me some basic pointers on the Diddy match up?
Was playing some randoms today and I got Peach, other guy got Diddy and I really had no idea what to do. Floating got shot down with Peanut gun, his Fair smacked me out of my Fair and Dairs...
It was just very irritating trying to get inside him and approach. Fair was a real nuisance. The match was on Lylat if that makes any difference

And please no 'SH Dair' posts :/ I'm watching you Praxis...
How funny. I asked the exact same thing once before and I said no short hop dair answers XD

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I played a diddy today on wifi, and his bananas were soooooo annoying. And his fair also shuts down a lot of my approaches. In my opinion, the best thing to do against a diddy is to use his bananas against him. And seriously, don't pull any turnips in the match. Just get a banana, glide toss and dash attack, pick up the other banana and repeat. Approaching in the air isn't too wise because of diddy's aerials, but if you have a banana with you then everything becomes 10x easier.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Diddy's fair - a long range, high damage aerial kill move that comes out in 6 FRAMES

i mad

Top Bottom