• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Yap. It has more cooldown (risk) than one would want from a quick poke, but it also has unusually high reward for such an attack; especially if you're good at punishing aerial opponents. All in all it's a useful tool; with it's "degree of use" really depending on what you make of it.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I see ftilt more as a mid-combo move than a defensive/unpunishable move. For example, weak float canceled (i think its FC, it might be auto canceled or something) bair into turn around ftilt is a nice launcher to get a nair, but besides that I'm not sure...

I mean, it's good for trumping certain approaches, and its a pretty safe option, but if your opponent happens to get through it, then the consequences can be severe.

I like the idea that Peach's ftilt~Snake's utilt, but Snake's utilt kills, its disjointed, and Snake can risk being punished for it. Peach's ftilt is a great move, but the risk involved just isn't worth it =/ I still love the idea though

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So while in New Mexico I payed special attention to my ftilt usage. It's really my staple move and 75% of my ground game. Jab, grab, turnip stuff, with every other hole covered by ftilt. I'll see if any of the replays can get recorded - but after NM, I'm more than convinced it's one of her top ground options.

Maybe it was rash of me to call it better than Snake's utilt (I see how he utilizes that type of move better), but it's more than comparable as a spacing tool. As that type of spacing tool, it's always gonna score higher than fsmash.

Fsmash is an amazing option, but it's forever going to be stuck as a defensive move. Even then, you can't punish a properly spaced MK dsmash with fsmash out of shield, while ftilt can. You can't punish tornado on reaction with fsmash, while ftilt can. Fsmash even has more cooldown than ftilt, so it's not even safer (ignoring it's excellent pushback).

Ftilt's speed gives it the flexibility to not only use it offensively, but as an instant defensive option. Fsmash, much like fair, needs the space and time to work effectively. Ftilt, much like bair, is the perfect compromise in speed and range, which comes in much more useful in everyday action.

Ftilt is the ****.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about this Ftilt thing, and I can actually see a ton of uses for it. I don't usually use ftilt, because I'm more of the aerials kinda player, but when you're playing a grounded game ftilt is really helpful.

I played this Falco today on wifi, and I wasn't doing too well. Then, all of a sudden, I saw these little holes in his game where he was left vulnerable for a tiny second. I decided to try taking advantage of that by ftilting him when he came close, and all of a sudden he was stunned. I played with ftilt some more that match, punishing side-b, hitting out of aerials, etc. I see where Meno is coming from, because it's a very versatile move. It's really safe, and can be applied in so many ways. I even killed Falco with it even after sstaling it a couple times.

tl;dr, ftilt is a great move

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Meno, what your saying is making more sense. F-tilt is better in speed and cool-down than f-smash, and has more range(most of the time). It does punish more than f-smash, and I think it is a highly underated/underused move that could be key to Peach's advancing ground-metagame.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm glad it's starting to come to light.

Please do, I personally would love to see some good F Tilt usage to combat any holes in Peach's attacks. What did you mainly use F Tilt for? After throwing a Turnip for example?
Everything. Whenever you can do better than a jab. In terms of a quick poke, ftilt is the only on-hand option you have most of the time. It covers the space above a jab, turnip, and grab - and does it much sooner than fsmash, usmash, or SH nair or bair.

I actually just found this cool offensive slide for ftilt.

Dtilt slide -> pivot -> ftilt

You get HUGE range while moving forward.

It's probably not new, and probably works with fsmash and usmash, but it's another great utility for ftilt.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Where have you guys been with ftilt! Its always been good. Don't know if any of you know but its very good in Peach ditto's. And destroys Cpt. Falcon's approch.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've been practicing for MLG the only way I can think of (other than playing against other people): I've been playing tons of lightning mode. I'm actually surprised, because I feel a lot more focused now, since the game feels SO SLOW.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
So I started using more Ftilt(Replacing some of my Fsmash gambits) it sorta works. Punshed things a bit better than Fsmash did in some cases lol.

OMG Dtilt slide >Ftilt O__o LOL!

White-Peach

Smash Ace
UAir string is so fun :o I think it's starting to work itself into muscle memory because I'm able to do it closer and closer to the ground, and at lower %s! I still havent been doing the NAir finisher (which I think of as the "dismount" to the routine rofl) because I'm never sure when it will end, but I definitely jump up and do more UAirs xD

It's really not that situational at all, too. Snag one out of a SH DAir, someone else's jump, DTilt/FTilt, or even that awkward time when "you're in your shield, I'm in my shield" lol Punishing lag with by starting an UAir string as opposed to... a FAir is too good!

PracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePracticePractice

Purple

Hi guys!
U-air string keeps coming out as float cancelled dairs, and I don't know why :(. Plus, i can't move forward to keep hitting my opponent, it kind of sucks >_<.

Hey, have you guys checked out the samus discussion thread + doubles list lately? There are some pretty big reads there..

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
However, this is not true when taking the sliding mechanic of shielding out of a dash into account. In Brawl, when you block out of a dash, you maintain quite a good part of forward momentum. Frame advantage is generally already in your favor when you block, but often you lack the range and speed to take advantage of it. Now, you're sliding towards your opponent as you block. If your opponent was zoning you with a stationary move, such as Marth or MK's dtilt, you are likely to now be in shield grab range, especially if you powershielded. If it were executed against a move such as Kirby's Bair, you might be in range for a quick Fair of your own, or another sliding shield to get you even closer to your opponent. Being able to move towards your opponent while blocking is obviously advantageous, since we have frame advantage on block.

For closing remarks on this tactic, I'll finally mention that if not countered, sliding shield gain a lot of stage presence, and is very good at shifting your field of control.
I'm just posting this here incase no one reads it in the Tactical board

This is what I was trying to explain when I was having that 'I keep getting grabbed' dillema. Yea it was partly my spacing and I've really worked on and improved that now but this is what I was trying to explain about people running up to me and grabbing me

This is paticularly why I dislike using Bair vs DeDeDe and also why you can't simply throw out Bairs in a stupid fashion against Wario

Metatitan

Smash Master
It's one of her best KO options against anyone since it isn't too hard to land and it kills off the top pretty well, as long as it isn't stale.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah uair is my backup killing move if the rest are stale. It's a good juggler, even though now, because there's like no hitstun compared to melee, it's kinda prediction-based.

Metatitan

Smash Master
There's no hitstun in anything anyone has in brawl compared to their melee counterpart. Uair still comboes (sometimes legitly) in brawl, which is good.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ I think it depends on the turnip (i dont think the normal ones do it, but i think that all of the special faces, even the ones that do crap damage, will make this happen), but it does stop it usually, and sometimes makes him buffer a drill rush, in my experience.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Usually, from my experience, it would just stop the tornado. Nicole is right, sometimes they buffer a drill rush because they are mashing that B button so hard!!

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
That sounds broken actually the fair turnip thing. I may try that. Also id like it if someone would test the tornado thing out. It may help it the tornado is abit stale.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think the tornado has to be grounded for some of the weaker turnips to hit him out. I think only sitchface and mayyyybe ditto face knock MK out of airborne tornado. Also I don't think the staleness of a move changes its priority, so it should always be the same. May be wrong on that though.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Moozle is right, the tornado really needs to be grounded. However, stitchface will break through tornado... and I think dotface does too quite frequently as well. I guess it really depends on what part of the tornado you hit?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Doesn't any move that does a certain amount of damage break the tornado? Ftilt does at a fresh 13%. Winky face might do it too, but the problem might be move decay (since all turnips decay equally). Still, a commonish turnip that breaks tornado would be sexy.

I also have an unrelated question. Can we catch bomb-ombs? I heard that you can, but I've never been able to do it, neither have I seen it done.

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Nah, can't catch bob-ombs in Brawl, as far as I know. I tested it one day, and didn't catch any of them.
Much death on my end.

Winky face breaks through nado and hits MK. Same with . __ . face turnip.

I think any turnip breaks it when nado is on the ground right...?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, like how Toon Links do it. We should steal all there ATs:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228712

You know what would be ridiculous? If we figured out how to do "dropped turnips". You know, the kind that we drop to the floor when hit? If we could control that, and place them anywhere we wanted, we could really mess with people's uses of jab and ftilt. :o

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is probably not the right place to post this, but is it known that if you glide toss a turnip down or up and quickly tap down on the analog stick after the lag ends (kind of a small window) you can grab immediately? It effectively looks like a sliding grab, and probably isn't super useful but it looks fancy; it's kind of the same principle as jab cancelling, where if you attempt to grab after a jab you keep jabbing usually unless you crouch to cancel it. If you attempt to grab out of a glide toss it usually tries to shield again (because the Z button is stupid) but if you crouch, it resets and you can grab.

Hopefully someone finds this useful...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yea the Z button is stupid but couldn't you do the grab using R + A so there's no error? I'll check it out tonight...

Also, you can't catch Bob-ombs you chuck and for Peach to drop the Turnip so it sticks in the ground requires it to be hit out of your hand. You can't just Z Drop them unfortunetly

Lol, creating your own garden of Turnips to screw with peoples Jabs...lol xD

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
As of this moment I am the new owner of the PBR. I am hopeing that with this room I can make the Peach boards a better place and improve Peach in general. I already have to Peach players I have in mind for the room. I do know that most feel that the room is also unnessesary but honestly I feel like im not learning anything from the TD cause no one posts there and if it is there isnt much talk about it. Like it used to be before Pound 4 is what im aiming for. Thank you for your time. (I know im not good at writing what im thinking so I know im going to need help on there XD)

Top Bottom