• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Look, absolutely anything match up related would be helpful to be blunt. I'm throwing Snake out because unlike MK he's almost never ever discussed despite the fact you're likely to run into some at any decent tourney. In some respect, I'd argue he's more dangerous than MK in some respects
Eh, Metaknight is more dangerous IMO. Snake is still an uphill battle and you cannot make any mistakes. >.> Personally, I find camping to work well against him along with hit and run tactics.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Look, absolutely anything match up related would be helpful to be blunt. I'm throwing Snake out because unlike MK he's almost never ever discussed despite the fact you're likely to run into some at any decent tourney. In some respect, I'd argue he's more dangerous than MK in some respects
I've been told that remembering when the nades blow are good and also z catching them is good. Watch when he pulls another nade for the nade drop trick. Snakes seem to do good at lylat cause of the color and platforms for easy setups. If you shield his forward tilt you can doubleslap him with good timing and beward pivot grabs. I also feel this should be a hit and run match.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Don't approach Snake, let him approach you. If he approaches you, he will make more mistakes, making it easier for you to get some damage in. I'm pretty sure that he can pull a grenade after or in the middle of our dair, making it hard to follow up, unless you space the follow up move well enough as to where you won't get hit by the grenade (which is possible, but kind of hard to get used to). Getting him into the air is the best thing you can do in this matchup. His only options in the air are nair (punish), bair (punish), or uair (punish). It's pretty easy to tell which one he will use too. If he starts fast falling and you're below him by just a little bit, and he's not far above the stage, he's gonna uair. If he is way above the stage, like at the top of the screen, He will fast fall nair. If you're way below him, but he isn't that far up above the stage, he will fast fall bair. He can do the Wave bounce grenade thing too, but if they do that alot, you can punish them for that as well. On the ground, just keep them away as long as possible until they put themselves into a punishable situation, and then get them back into the air. I've pulled off a few Dair -> Uair -> Utilt combo's and just led into some follow ups against a pretty good snake (Infern Angelis, in a money match), and if you can pull it off, then it works really well. The utilt puts them into the air so you can keep them in fear. Peach can really make snake worry with her pressure and defensive game, so abuse it. Fair spacing can really mess up snake, because of the follow up options you have afterwards. Fair -> Grab, Fair -> Jab, or Fair -> just run back and turnip pull are really the best options. Snake will probably try to dash attack, dacus, or just walk up and ftilt. If they dash attack or dacus, punish accordingly. If they ftilt, try to get away, or punish with a OoS Nair, or a grab/jab. Watch out for a grab out of the first ftilt, it can really mess you up.

That's all I got. Sorry if it doesn't help or anything... D:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So I've been wondering - has anyone been trying to buffer sliding Turnip pulls out of other moves? The little push could make Turnip pulling less punishable and the fact you get to buffer the turnaround means that you're much less likely to pull out a reverse Toad or Peach Bomber by accident

I've only recently started trying to crack it and its difficult because if you don't buffer it correctly/go the right way then you'll just sit there and pull up a Turnip but I was wondering what people thought of it. Bone Walk to Pivot Glide Toss to Reverse sliding Turnip pull? Talk about slidy

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno Tip: As you know, Peach Bomber is usually only safe on hit. The best way to utilize Bomber is by making sure you end up hitting something. For example: Wario's Bike, Dedede's Waddle Dees, Shyguys, Balloons, and other situational hurtboxes.

If they choose any defensive option, we're almost guaranteed safety!

Keep in mind though, this just makes Peach Bomber less punishable. It's still a slow move that can be countered outright, or if this trick becomes widely spread, a move that will be predicted.

You can also cancel the ending lag of Peach Bomber by hitting the edge and skim off it.
Similar to the Parasol ledge/platform cancel.
Perfect stage for that is Halberd at the beginning. If you do it just before the getting over the slope Peach will skim off the stage, and over the edge and you can edgehog it. Seems pretty safe considering if someone shields you go by and then edgehog. If not, they get hit, or you get hit in the start up lag.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If you're gonna bomber make sure at the end you'll be off stage. At least your lag won't be on stage and they usually won't punish (I hope you're not using bomber on like mk or something tho).

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Yea I have a few more things we could consider when I actually have an idea about something lol.

Like Brinstar Side-B's are OK there.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Who is the best Peach?

Or as many of us know is a better question: who is going to be the best Peach? Who are the top contenders? I know how volatile this subject is, and I realize several of you believe it shouldn't be discussed - but I hope you realize it is going to be discussed regardless. We, as the Peach boards, should at least attempt the discussion. We really are the best qualified people to do so, so let's do it.

I'd like to introduce a rule to this discussion: you cannot discuss yourself. :p

Firstly, I'd like to compile a list of active competing Peaches grouped by region (listed in alphabetical order).

Southwest
Light (Arizona)
Meno (Colorado)
Silly Kyle (Arizona)

Quote this list and add yourself and region - por favor.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Meno, you'll become the best Peach! Those B-stick turnip pulls are too pro!

Europe
Leon
Yaaay
Siri-this guy is amazing, he just never posts here >_<

Midwest
Mikey Lenetia
King Beef
BO X7
Xyless
JLO
Nicole

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I ask you keep me out of this. I don't have what it takes to be the best anymore. I lost everything that I had and I can never get it back. I'm not competition anymore. Just add all the EC Peach players and just leave me out of it. I'm nothing but a legion Like edreese.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Damm kids.....

Take my name out and replace it with Kyon right now. he has much of a better shot of being the best than me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nice try. You know damm well When we count EC, it means all states in the East side of the USA.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I ask you keep me out of this. I don't have what it takes to be the best anymore. I lost everything that I had and I can never get it back. I'm not competition anymore. Just add all the EC Peach players and just leave me out of it. I'm nothing but a legion Like edreese.
C'mon Dark, don't be such a downer. ;)

KB was giving you a complement, and it's better to accept a positive than to complain about a negative ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
As nice as people are trying to me (which I dont deserve at all) I don't like pity. Makes me feel more weak than I already am. I have not showed nothing in nearly a year for something like this. So hearing stuff like this is just people feeling sorry and having pity on me. That is not how I wanna get my title back. I don't wanna be hyped by people and have nothing to show for it. People need to open thier eyes and realize I am nothing anymore.

And KB, you wanna play this lil game? Fine then. Just take my name off the EC list.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No can do amigo, no reason to exclude you from there. You've hit a point where your self-confidence and confidence in your character has become tender from being beaten by your own mistakes and, yes, your opponent's smart play. I've been there, and I'm not ready to accept that you're washed up just yet. From this point on it'll be a process of trial and error to make yourself improve. Don't go into a tourney expecting perfection because not only will you not attain such an unrealistic level of perfection (none of us do, the closest player being M2K but even he is not perfect, just...better), because then you'll focus too hard on trying to reach that perfection rather than on one match at a time, any small mistakes will linger in your thoughts for longer than the split second that they should, and you'll beat yourself up too hard over not reaching whatever goal you set, which is what you're doing to yourself right now.

Just keep in mind, trial and error, you have tougher competition in today's community...both from your fellow Peach players and from every other player in general. Just work to keep up with everything, keep practicing, learning, observing, and asking questions; then go from there and keep fighting to reach your goals. Don't shape the little bumps in your road into mountains.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So I read DPch's posts and I don't want to drive that tourney results thread farther off topic, but are any of you familiar with the Gambler's Fallacy? All that talk of random action and stuff just reminds me of it.

Basically, it means that if you happen to flip tails 10 times in a row on a fair coin, you'll think that the chances of the next flip landing heads is pretty high. This is false. I see this sort of thing happen a lot in Smash, too, with people who love their gimmicks. "It's gotta work this time" is probably just gonna get you killed, but when it works once and fails 5 times, for some reason people are motivated to keep trying.

Don't go broke in gambling. Take your little risks, but becoming stubborn with anything is going to be the end of you.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I think this is the right place to post this

Anyways, Llod would be proud of me because I've been playing looots of wifi recently!

AS MK LOL

However in doing this I feel like I've learned a lot about Peach; a result of me getting completely trashed by two Peaches on ladder. Thought I'd share what I'd learned~ (not that I'm insinuating that this stuff is anything provocative lol)

Dsmash is a good move.
I know this is common knowledge at this point, and I myself took it for granted after watching a few of mikey's matches, but I never really got why it was a good option and as such never bothered to use it. Now I get it (hopefully). The key thing is that the defensive counter to dsmash is different than the defensive counter to peach's other ground moves; a result of her dsmash being an extended multihit hitbox. I feel that throwing it out helps keep your opponent honest and on their toes, which is pretty awesome really.

Turnips are pretty annoying to deal with.
Similar to me not using dsmash due to "the lack of stats" I've never really been big on turnip camping, using them nearly exclusively to bolster my offense.... after all, how can you camp with turnips when it takes so long to pull them out of the ground?? Turns out that they actually slow down approaches a good deal when combined with reverse glide tossing. *insert "DURRRR" here* More importantly I feel they force your opponent to stay alert and they keep their mind a bit occupied, as well as opening up various mixup opportunities. Going to start incorporating this into my game~

Peach has gimmicks. Use them.
Basically just because something technically shouldn't work doesn't it won't work. This mainly applies to people unfamiliar with peach..... but that's going to be most people! And why not make your life easier against those people? To quote Snakeee:
"it's not about how good you are, it's about how bad everyone else is"
Wifi is good...... in controlled doses.
This may be a personal thing, but I feel that wifi must be balanced with non-wifi play, or simply limited, if one is to truly benefit from it. I just find it way too easy to lose sight of the actuality of the game when I play exclusively wifi. Like, at the beginning of the week I was loving it... but by the end I was finding it to be extremely frustrating, and when I decided to mess around in vs. mode I was pretty shocked at how different it felt and how my perspective of the game was changed.

So yeah. Basically I got the chance to play some talented Peaches and learned a lot from essentially "putting myself in my opponent's shoes". I wish such Peaches weren't such a rare breed lol.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Where have you been hot? and yeah Dsmash is very good however i hate it when i do it and they shield and the characters with a good shield dont get hit and just punish it..... =( And turnips are the soul of Peach. I cant stress this enough!!!

Metatitan

Smash Master
Peach's down smash is used to keep people on their toes. If they aren't careful it'll eat up their shield and possible shield poke. I love it after jab but certain people (COUGH RAZ) have learned to shield the first hit and spotdodge the rest, leaving them plenty of time to punish. However this leads to some pretty interesting baits as I can Jab-> d tilt now since he expects the down smash to come. Down Tilt's startup lag takes off some time from the spotdodge while the attack itself hits during vulnerability.

Tl;dr: Peach's down smash is used for conditioning your opponents.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No can do amigo, no reason to exclude you from there. You've hit a point where your self-confidence and confidence in your character has become tender from being beaten by your own mistakes and, yes, your opponent's smart play. I've been there, and I'm not ready to accept that you're washed up just yet. From this point on it'll be a process of trial and error to make yourself improve. Don't go into a tourney expecting perfection because not only will you not attain such an unrealistic level of perfection (none of us do, the closest player being M2K but even he is not perfect, just...better), because then you'll focus too hard on trying to reach that perfection rather than on one match at a time, any small mistakes will linger in your thoughts for longer than the split second that they should, and you'll beat yourself up too hard over not reaching whatever goal you set, which is what you're doing to yourself right now.

Just keep in mind, trial and error, you have tougher competition in today's community...both from your fellow Peach players and from every other player in general. Just work to keep up with everything, keep practicing, learning, observing, and asking questions; then go from there and keep fighting to reach your goals. Don't shape the little bumps in your road into mountains.
I am not sure why people tend to think I don't realize others are getting good. I went through this already. But once again, has nothing to do with that.

The problem has nothing to do with this game. The problem is me being a freaking ******. Everything that I talk about on this boards with advice and all I know about Peach, I don't do it. Or I do and then just go blank for no reason. I don't play with how I know I can and should be. All the tricks and practices I been doing? I was not doing it all yesterday. and played basic. And that is what I am sick and tired of. And by the looks of it, I never will play with what I know in my mind at all. So I am not gonna get anywhereand stay doing horrible in tournies like I have benn since december.

But there is nothing I can do about this stupid problem so it's over.

So I read DPch's posts and I don't want to drive that tourney results thread farther off topic, but are any of you familiar with the Gambler's Fallacy? All that talk of random action and stuff just reminds me of it.

Basically, it means that if you happen to flip tails 10 times in a row on a fair coin, you'll think that the chances of the next flip landing heads is pretty high. This is false. I see this sort of thing happen a lot in Smash, too, with people who love their gimmicks. "It's gotta work this time" is probably just gonna get you killed, but when it works once and fails 5 times, for some reason people are motivated to keep trying.

Don't go broke in gambling. Take your little risks, but becoming stubborn with anything is going to be the end of you.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
These are all the currently active Peaches of 2010 so far - basically, anyone who's played in a ranked tournament this year using Peach.

Source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Help me out filling in the states and countries? Anyone else we're missing? The ranking thread does tend to miss a number of tournaments. Once we have a comprehensive list, we can begin highlighting talent.

Pacific West
Razmakazi (California)
Sky

Southwest
Castro
GBang
Light (Arizona)
Meno (Colorado)
Silly Kyle (Arizona)

Midwest
BO X7
JLO