• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Metatitan

Smash Master
Is a backroom really needed? Backrooms are made to filter out sidetracked discussions as well as people who either cause conflict or simply don't know what they're talking about. The peach boards is functional without it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anybody know YTF Peach slides back when you pluck after doing contiuous Dtilts?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Is a backroom really needed? Backrooms are made to filter out sidetracked discussions as well as people who either cause conflict or simply don't know what they're talking about. The peach boards is functional without it.
Yes I feel like its needed. And its a good idea to filter out sidetracked discussions and people that dont know what there talking about. Im fully aware not everyone will like the idea but im doing it anyway.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I feel the advantage mostly comes from killing. Snake actually has killing issues himself (if you're super careful), but he lives a lot longer than peach ever will.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Perphaps I can bring some light in here.... I have the strongest feeling the Snake MU for Peach is 45:55 Snake favor..... Discuss
Thats what I been saying for the longest as well. I always thought it was an even match, but until my research on snake is done (After playing Ally, I think I can finish this up) I say its 45:55 snake.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I totes agree with you guys!

I fight Snake all the time and I definitely think it's a winnable matchup. 45:55 Snake's favor.

Also, you need to be sexy like me to get into the PBR. Kthx

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I had a question. When is ftilt not safe on hit? I'll I know is "early percents", but does anyone have specifics?

New vid from a MM set this past weekend. Ain't the best place to post this but the SD is closed so yeahhh enjoy. :3

M@v (Falco) vs King Beef (Peach)
The edguarding at 3:30 was gorgeous. You get him off stage again at 4:00, but you decide to walk away...? He then starts making a ridiculous comeback. :laugh:

Keepz the pressure!

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Oh by the way you guys i found something that we may not need to worry about, but its to consider and think about

I was playing riot's zelda today and when i up b'd not closeish to the ledge (aka floated down with parasol to the ledge) i would stop right at the spot where i can normally bat people away from it and grab it. But zelda and all that slow moving lardness that is her g-tier *** can crawl up slowly even at 0 and edge guard me DX

idk if others can do it, but maybe some testing should be taken into account if we havent really researched it

Oh and Bair is amazing guys. :o its like my new favorite move

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Then what exactly is Kyon talking about? He is saying he feels a backroom is necessary and he's doing it regardless.
...............?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh by the way you guys i found something that we may not need to worry about, but its to consider and think about

I was playing riot's zelda today and when i up b'd not closeish to the ledge (aka floated down with parasol to the ledge) i would stop right at the spot where i can normally bat people away from it and grab it. But zelda and all that slow moving lardness that is her g-tier *** can crawl up slowly even at 0 and edge guard me DX

idk if others can do it, but maybe some testing should be taken into account if we havent really researched it
Yea, I had this happen to me when I went to New Mexico. Dekar's Diddy did it to me one or two times and it freaked me the eff out. Do characters have different ledge invincible frames? Otherwise it's probably everyone, but requires immensely perfect timing.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
@ Peachkid - Pretty sure all characters can steal the edge from Peach if they time it just right. I think characters get more invincible frames from the edge if their percent is above 100.

@ Mister - Kyon was saying that because others on the board think the PBR is pointless.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yea, I had this happen to me when I went to New Mexico. Dekar's Diddy did it to me one or two times and it freaked me the eff out. Do characters have different ledge invincible frames? Otherwise it's probably everyone, but requires immensely perfect timing.
thats what i think. certain characters have a slower get up speed (Under 100%) with more IFs than some. It's something that we can potentially look into

but like this hasnt happened to me by any other character but zelda (and i guess diddy too O_O)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Provided you are hovering down to the sweetspot of the ledge, you should be able to knock anyone off the ledge with your Up + B, even if they get back onstage

Above 100% however and their get ups are much slower so some character can get away with doing a paticularly slow get up and edgeguard Peach that way

@Kyon - Bair is crap against DK, its not too horrible vs Luigi but getting it wrong and you'll eat an aerial from Luigi. Plus, it'll trade hits a lot because Luigi has such long range/strong aerials

DK requires ******** Turnip spam and follow ups after the Turnips, Luigi requires good Fair spacing, Turnips and the occasional spaced F Smash

A trick you can do when facing Mario/Luigi - if they try to fireball you, its possible to Fair through the fireball and carry on to hit them if they try to use it as a means of approaching. Its easier to do with Luigi's cause they travel in a straight line

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
@Kyon - Bair is not too horrible vs Luigi but get it wrong and you'll eat an aerial from Luigi. Plus, it'll trade hits a lot because Luigi has such long range/strong aerials.

Wut. Rick, a great weakness of Luigi is that he's short ranged. ;p Bair is good against him imo.

Anyway, Luigi. Fighting Luigi is strange. You have to pressure but never do it too long. Pressure and go away. Stay close too long and you lose. Abuse your range and spacing and your safe moves (Luigi slides back a lot if you hit his shield) and when he's open, pressure but afterwards go away (or hit him away, jab is lovely in this match-up). Luigi is a cruel punisher.

Last, but not least, gimp him. You have to get used to his recovery a bit, but gimping him becomes a lot easier when you know how he recovers.

:053:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Provided you are hovering down to the sweetspot of the ledge, you should be able to knock anyone off the ledge with your Up + B, even if they get back onstage
Yea, we're talking about opponents being able to ledgehog us regardless.

Also I've asked, and all characters have the same amount of invincibility except for Pikachu and tether characters. It looks like everyone can ledgehog Peach below 100% if timed properly.

:urg:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion

Above 100% however and their get ups are much slower so some character can get away with doing a paticularly slow get up and edgeguard Peach that way

@Kyon - Bair is crap against DK, its not too horrible vs Luigi but getting it wrong and you'll eat an aerial from Luigi. Plus, it'll trade hits a lot because Luigi has such long range/strong aerials

DK requires ******** Turnip spam and follow ups after the Turnips, Luigi requires good Fair spacing, Turnips and the occasional spaced F Smash

A trick you can do when facing Mario/Luigi - if they try to fireball you, its possible to Fair through the fireball and carry on to hit them if they try to use it as a means of approaching. Its easier to do with Luigi's cause they travel in a straight line
I fight a Luigi player pretty frequently.

Trading hits is very annoying, but you can avoid that if you space properly since Luigi has like no range lol. But sometimes it will happen any way if you are trying to combo him...

Luigi gets juggled in the air pretty easily by Peach's up air...

Bair is a nice move, but you don't want to be too predictable or you'll get fingered in the booty by his fsmash!

Fair is amazing in this match up. However, if you're too fair happy, Luigi will probably tornado and that move is truly annoying. You can grab Luigi from it early on in the tornado if he hits your shield. If not, you can probably punish with a spaced aerial.

Ledgeguarding Luigi can be annoying/fun, just have to be careful of those stupid misfires!! But seriously, you can rack on a ton of damage by hitting Luigi from his side b. If you can get him low enough, float in front of the edge and hog it right before he uses up b

Metatitan

Smash Master
DK is turnip camping, turnip OoS, and followups after turnips. Keep your Uair fresh for killing (it's your only "consistent" kill move that kills off the top) and be careful of his smashes and punch. Good luck!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
you can do a lot of things to mess w/ DK. i used to play a rly good one a lot but he's on hiatus lol.

the match-up is even-ish but you can punish just about anything he does.

if u shield his ftilt you can just ftilt back oos. jab oos also punishes well, and nair/bair ***** anything that isn't perfectly spaced.

DK can't rly respond well to cross-ups either. like float bair behind his shield or a fair or anything that'll land behind him.

actually...u might wanna float a move or make sure u can fastfall a move if u wanna land behind him coz then if you don't you'll get clapped w/ dsmash on the way down.

but yeah DK isn't too bad.

edit: dash atk oos also *****. especially useful for punishing fsmashes n stuff

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Soooo something I wanted to throw out for people to consider

Peach's D Tilt > DK's Bair

Basically, the idea is that Peach crouches below Bair's hitbox and D Tilt catches DK's body on the way down. DK sticks his leg (Bair) out but it misses because Peach is crouched so it goes over her head. You can then use Dair (or F Tilt I guess) to catch DK's body as he's landing

Someone might want to check if this works at optimal spacing but I was trying it out today and it was working pretty well. You can't get predictable with it though and just sit there crouching because DK could just start using Down + B or something

Top Bottom