• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
idk lol
there'd be more competition i guess or something
and I'd learn the peach ditto matchup

I need to get better if you're gonna come to my region
Peach ditto matchup:

Fair that *****.

Nair when she's too close to fair.

I don't even tertiary Peach and I know the matchup.

Composeur

Smash Ace
@Rubyiris: **** that ****. Peach isn't cut out for frostbite.

EDIT: Deleted most of it because I was obviously too tired to know what I was doing when I wrote this post.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Any particular reasons why Teczero? From what I know all of peach's throws are at least useful maybe not as good as say other characters but I still think Peach has a good throw game. Her Up-throw can chaingrab fox and falco and I think captain falcon... maybe some others but I'm not sure with what characters percents matter. Up-throw generally gets me 2-3 aerials and 1-2 for characters like luigi though its entirely possible that the people I generally play with don't know how to get out. At lower percents Forward throw, Up-throw and down throw work setting up tech chasing and Down throw on platforms works wonders for easy reads. Obviously forward throw is a decent kill option and back throw has its uses on the ledge. I'm really curious as to why you disagree. Is it that peach has trouble getting the grab in the first place?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
F-throw at low percentage? Really? o_O

Peach's grab range sucks imo.

Her grabs are great in general and sometimes very necessary but they shouldn't take priority in a match. Usually in a ditto I find myself trying to space fairs/nairs more than anything. Again imo.

But I suck so :(

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I use f-throw at low percents mainly because its unexpected and it sends them no where giving me the option to jab, jab reset if they miss the tech, nair, down smash, regrab, dash attack or if they launch a counter attack I still have several options. I personally like to f-throw and most people I play either tech in place or go behind me which sets up a nice down smash or regrab/dash attack/f-air. Probably a playstyle difference?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Any particular reasons why Teczero?
Yes, its actually a lot simpler than you'd think.

Peach is slow, and therefore trying to play a game revolving around grabs is difficult.

I use grabs sure, but I don't try to look for it. For me its a nice convenient answer that I abuse when I'm given the chance.

EDIT:

Is it that peach has trouble getting the grab in the first place?

Oh, I didn't read this until just now....

But yea basically.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I kinda see what your saying but I don't find it that hard to get but i'm also a really defensive peach and usually my opponent is approaching. Do you guys find much use in peach's normal dash grab as opposed to her jc grab

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
Id say the dash grab and the JC grab have the same range, the JC is faster but not by very much. not so much that its worth risking jumpin on accident and getting punished for it. when i want to offensive grab ill use the JC, but i prefer to couch grab over the JC just to be safe and they are the same thing. grabbing your opponent at 0% and throwing them forward and grabbing again works! tired of those stupid marths chain grabbing? do that garbage right back at him :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I kinda see what your saying but I don't find it that hard to get but i'm also a really defensive peach and usually my opponent is approaching. Do you guys find much use in peach's normal dash grab as opposed to her jc grab
Her dash grab allows you to CG =D..

And you're fortunate :( no one near me really approaches vs peach, ****en EC.

Cris - In the ditto I think you're right. Positioning is a huge part in the ditto IMO and knowing what move to use in what position is pretty important.

Everytime I play you or Vanz in the ditto I get about maybe 5 grabs in a best of 3 set. Its too risky since both you and your opponent is playing such an aerial heavy game and the lag on her aerials might as well be not there.

I just realized I'm typing this in the social thread. I'm silly :(.

Can't wait for this week to be over! Spring Break WOOT

Composeur

Smash Ace
/agree with Teczero. Cort said in his thread, even, that Peach is one of the few whose dash-grab is superior to her JC grab, and if anyone who posts here would know it's Cort. So don't even bother practicing the JC grab.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
only reason i used it was out of habit from playing other characters, thanks for the info. Also anyone have any tips on spacing peach's fair on shields so you can still stop shield grabs? Also is there any part of the bair or dair in particular to try to hit with?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Really? I thought they could roll/sidestep.

Her FC Fair would need to put her at something ridiculous like +5 (after factoring in landing lag) for that to work.

john!

Smash Hero
I looked this up a while ago... iirc it's +4 advantage, buffer roll is invincible on frame 4, Peach grabs on frame 7. So you need to be frame perfect for it to work. I use jab or dsmash usually.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sidestep is invincible on frame 2 for a lot of characters. So it's still not a guaranteed combo.

It is very good, however. I am simply nit-picky.

VA

Smash Hero
Really? I thought they could roll/sidestep.

Her FC Fair would need to put her at something ridiculous like +5 (after factoring in landing lag) for that to work.
Pretty sure most things can be rolled away from with buffer rolls.

FC Fair grab works so often because they don't try to roll away in fear of being slapped/dsmashed or whatever you might do.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
didnt play 13 yet

but Zero is ****ing broken lol

new topic:

Peach cosplay

I think I'll post one with me in it as well =D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL I wonder if I should post my Peach costume ._. I'm thinking of revisiting it this April for Anime Boston.

Mike G is PIMPIN' IT

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I didn't know it seemed like a big deal :laugh:

It's just an awesome anime con that I'm attending. That's all ;)

MacD

Banned via Administration
idk, i hear a lot of people talking about it

granted it's nothern EC people so maybe that why

just sounds like it's the cool thing to do over there

i don't know any talk of us over here going to anime conventions but maybe i'm just out of the loop

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Ohhhhhhhhhhh it's loads of fun! One of my most favorite conventions to be at. AND they'll have a Melee tourny this year, rapeeee.

Not like I'll have a chance to enter or play considering I'll be holding down the artist alley fort. :(

Top Bottom