• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Caramel (Yellow Fever Asian) - Exotic and erotic, probably has a sexy accent, IT'S NOT DAISY
Seriously though.

Get out.

lol /care about match ups. Just play to win without preconceptions of already being in a losing position in certain match ups...

+ it's my fault thread fails, I posted recent vids of myself
+ those man boobs fail.
+ green peach is disgusting.
There's a difference between going in knowing how hard the matchup is, and what you can and cannot do in certaint situations.
And going in thinking "**** this matchup why do I even try."

The one is realistic, and the other one is just a loser =D

VA

Smash Hero
There's a difference between going in knowing how hard the matchup is, and what you can and cannot do in certaint situations.
And going in thinking "**** this matchup why do I even try."

The one is realistic, and the other one is just a loser =D
Who are you again?

VA

Smash Hero
No but I can't be bothered to argue with you and thought that it was unnecessary to call my view that of a loser. I was being a bit flippant in saying match ups don't matter at all. But never mind I don't really want to explain my take on it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yellow Peach (I'll refrain from the D-word) used to be my favorite until I realized that her skin didn't go with the sunshine yellow of her dress. There's just too much incongruity for my eyes to put up with. We all know Peach is a blond through-and-through, too. And until VA I can't remember seeing a good Yellow Peach. dark.pch played her, too, which made her very difficult to respect XD
Not sure who you are or what I did to you but that was cold. I know I was not good back in my melee days but I don't think there was a need for that. Oh well, use to this stuff.

I don't think Daisy Peach is bad. I like it. But thats just me. I also been thinking of getting back into melee. But with comments like this, might be a bad idea if I do and avoid drama. Oh well.

And Sup Mike G, took you long enough to make one of these huh? Ha ha ha!

VA

Smash Hero
Don't let comments discourage you. I've had people saying I'm not capable for such a long time, but there are people who make comments like the one Bum made in your sig that you need to focus on. Melee is extremely hard and I'm learning more and more that it's simply a case of determination and will, I think it's actually more similar to sports than people care to admit.

Has anyone ever competed in tennis? That game is horrible to compete in and will reduce anyone to tears. I think the amount of control that you have is comparable to melee but it's so much harder when you mess up a crucial point in tennis. Man I'm glad I stopped playing when I did, tennis is great fun and there is no public discussion on your peformance, but that can make it harder.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I'm very sorry. It was a cheap, immature shot and I'm an *******.

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about your Peach, anyway; I was referring to the one impression I have of you, which was in a big dramatic flame war with Cort, where your posts just seemed very irrational/defensive and were really hard to read because of the bad grammar and formatting. But this one post sort of dispels that image, since the writing style is good and the tone is totally level-headed.

So my sincere apologies.

And please rest assured that I will be happy to siphon as many good Melee players away from Brawl as possible. Yourself included. ^^

john!

Smash Hero
I get emo as hell when playing tennis. I used to when playing smash but have mostly gotten over it now. But tennis puts this kind of unbelievable stress on you, because if you lose, it's because of YOUR mistakes. Greatest sport ever, but really demanding.

Also I was joking people! Lighten up. Color preference is totally personal.

VA

Smash Hero
People smash things when they play tennis, I've thrown rackets, punched walls, cried. Everything. It's really difficult...but awesome xD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think what colour Peach you use is like, entirely opinion. And it's really hard to be objective about it. I mean, I guess you could take a majority vote and figure out which are the popular colours but ultimately it's just preference.

I get hard emo in tournament, especially when playing Unknown522. RaynEX isn't quite as bad but Unknown522 just eats my soul when we play. I swear he knows every mistake I make and hits me and I feel dumb as hell. Not sure how to combat that yet. I'm thinking I should just contrive to eliminate errors completely from my game but that's really difficult, unrealistic (nobody's perfect), and it's frustrating because he's literally the only Fox I've played that's made me feel that way about how I space stuff and defend myself during matches. And I've played plenty of the good Foxes -____-;;

Also if you jab reset Falco into wakeup stand you can dash into him and JC U-smash and sweetspot it (19%) and then combo stuff. Also works on Fox and probably Falcon and other characters that you can jab reset into wakeup stand. It's really funny. Kind of hard on Fox. Falco it's easier though. And if you mess up a lot of times you just hit the tip hitbox of the U-smash that does 15% so you don't even lose the combo.

Might be funny when you're on a level where CG doesn't work.

nkd

Smash Rookie
I get hard emo in tournament, especially when playing Unknown522. RaynEX isn't quite as bad but Unknown522 just eats my soul when we play. I swear he knows every mistake I make and hits me and I feel dumb as hell. Not sure how to combat that yet. I'm thinking I should just contrive to eliminate errors completely from my game but that's really difficult, unrealistic (nobody's perfect), and it's frustrating because he's literally the only Fox I've played that's made me feel that way about how I space stuff and defend myself during matches. And I've played plenty of the good Foxes -____-;;
I'd say here the best idea would be to focus on his mistakes rather than yours.
but idk you've probably already got that covered

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No but I can't be bothered to argue with you and thought that it was unnecessary to call my view that of a loser. I was being a bit flippant in saying match ups don't matter at all. But never mind I don't really want to explain my take on it.
Wait you took it the wrong way, I was saying that the one going in thinking "screw this matchup, I can't win this" was the loser o_o And I'm sure it's about the opposite of what you said.

Did you really think THAT one was the realistic one of the two?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oh sorry ^_^
I'm just a random off and on smasher from the Netherlands. Not especially good, I'll try to get some vids up soon O:

I just dislike people asking me who I am in most discussions, because it often has nothing to do with who is wrong or not >_<;
I once saw someone saying to magus he was probably wrong and he wasn't gonna argue with someone who couldn't even get into the top 10.

It was about framedata o_o.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJeLG8-M5I <33

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Peach players talk about color...much like Falcon player and Zelda players. Falco players do as well.

On a non-melee related note:
I just came back from seeing Utada Hikaru live. That woman is truly an amazing performer. She got so into it on certain songs. Shocked me to say the least. That was probably the first and only time you'll ever see me doing the packed club dance. "Jumping up and down to the beat" isn't what I do, xD. Give me a two step, and some time to shine when the circle forms any day. I was hyped up, though. OMG...she's stupidly pretty in person.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I know a friend who went to it around here as well (at least I think it was around NY). He was spazzing out over it LMAO wish I could've seen her perform though. I'm not a raging fan but I do enjoy her music.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm no raging fan, either. Then again, I just see her as a person with talent. So I wouldn't be all, "OMG HIKKI KAWAIIIIIII!!!!" (There was this girl near me that was doing that.) I was happy to see her, I screamed my head off 'cuz she's an amazing performer. I offered to buy her a drink from the crowd, xD. All in all, I had a lot of fun. She's one of my favorite artists, period. I just...don't get all emotional and stuff over people. Excited...but when you're paying money for an event...you get hyped.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm no raging fan, either. Then again, I just see her as a person with talent. So I wouldn't be all, "OMG HIKKI KAWAIIIIIII!!!!" (There was this girl near me that was doing that.)

I...would...stab...her... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I...would...stab...her... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
:chuckle::laugh:

Shakugan and I were laughing at the hotel about that. We were sitting there like...."That was rather...stereotypical."

You might have had to do some stabbing on a major scale. I heard some rabid fangirls. There were a few fanboys, too.

I wanted to get up on stage and perform with her...xD. Fat chance, but hey, worth a shot.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O_o I wouldn't say we're weeaboos. That's a rather...insulting term. Some of the people there were, though. You can tell because they didn't really care for other music at all.

Utada's cover of "The Bitter End" was great. She did some head banging. ^_^

I had a nice talk about how weird Japan can be with a couple other people there. It was hilarious. It's nice to talk about the good stuff, but we were talking about all the awkward things. Random ******** and all, xD.

I know the Japanophilles will get upset over this, but I seriously enjoy her American CD's. They're both really good.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
O_o I wouldn't say we're weeaboos. That's a rather...insulting term. Some of the people there were, though. You can tell because they didn't really care for other music at all.

Utada's cover of "The Bitter End" was great. She did some head banging. ^_^

I had a nice talk about how weird Japan can be with a couple other people there. It was hilarious. It's nice to talk about the good stuff, but we were talking about all the awkward things. Random ******** and all, xD.

I know the Japanophilles will get upset over this, but I seriously enjoy her American CD's. They're both really good.
I, as a japanophile did not get upset over that remark. O:

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Didn't she do a song with Ne-O? And is that on one of her American debut albums? I remember seeing it on youtube once.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
She did do a song with Ne-yo, and no, it's not on either of her American Albums. =(

Wingz, that's nice to hear, xD. Most people look at her American music and whine "That's not Utada!!!" It's pretty funny, xD. Seriously, though...her Studio work doesn't do her justice half the time. Save for the most recent album, which I could clearly hear the difference in her voice. Then live she just blew me away.

I wanna try and talk with that DJ that was at the show. Hopefully he responds to my message on the forums. (It's his thread, after all, xD.) It's always good to have connections. *nods*

Top Bottom