• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Wingz...that is disturbing yet cool. I don't know why, either. It's good though, xD.

I know the feeling of defeat. It was like that when I played Reik...he just like....destroyed me. I did get him to last stock, before. That's the best I've EVER done. Ususally it's like a 3 stocking with an occasional 4 and 2 stocking. I wanna see how I hold up to him now...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Wingz...that is disturbing yet cool. I don't know why, either. It's good though, xD.

I know the feeling of defeat. It was like that when I played Reik...he just like....destroyed me. I did get him to last stock, before. That's the best I've EVER done. Ususally it's like a 3 stocking with an occasional 4 and 2 stocking. I wanna see how I hold up to him now...
It's a britney spears cover =3

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Alejandro_P=Best Peach
I miss Alejandro_P and Krazy Jones. =(

It's a britney spears cover =3
I know, it's why I said it was disturbing. (not a fan of britney) That was one of the few songs she had I could stand. (emphasis on FEW) She dodged my "totally hate this artist" meter when she did that Boys/Girls co-ed remix with Pharell. Still she's popular to other people. *shrugs* Can't do anything about it, xD.

VA

Smash Hero
If by "play" you mean "get flung around the screen helplessly by", then yes, I did. @_@

I even got beaten by his Ness, FFS! Fail.
Jeluzz that you got to play KDJ.

In other non-lactose related news I went to a tournament yesterday. I got second vs Fuzzynes. GF's lost 3-2 in that and WF's. Peach vs Falcon is hard, I got combod soooooooo much it hurt.

I feel ever so slightly disillusioned with Peach. I even had to use fox for a game or two (I won by using only bair, nair and shine, match up ftw).

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACCCCCCCCCH.

Vids tomorrow.

Cia

das kwl

In other non-lactose related news I went to a tournament yesterday. I got second vs Fuzzynes. GF's lost 3-2 in that and WF's. Peach vs Falcon is hard, I got combod soooooooo much it hurt.

I feel ever so slightly disillusioned with Peach. I even had to use fox for a game or two (I won by using only bair, nair and shine, match up ftw).

Vids tomorrow.

Nice. I hate CF =[

did fuzzyness give up on Jiggs?

and lol.. there was a guy @ pound who looked like Alejandro_P. Ironically, I think he was a peach player

VA

Smash Hero
Fuzzy mains falcon now. He's suddenly got a lot more consistent. I just tried to CG him as much as possible, gay that it ends aound 84%, you just have to nair.

He has relaly good recovery, he DI'd a nair near the edge on 160% and I gave up that game, I was like, what can I do?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fuzzy mains falcon now. He's suddenly got a lot more consistent. I just tried to CG him as much as possible, gay that it ends aound 84%, you just have to nair.

He has relaly good recovery, he DI'd a nair near the edge on 160% and I gave up that game, I was like, what can I do?
Try it again?

VA

Smash Hero
lol yeah I know but it was super discouraging. it's like edgeguarding for so long and he just survives for ages, it takes it's toll on your mental game at match 8.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
True...but that tends to happen...a lot, xD. People with Good DI can frustrate people. I do that to my frieds...a lot. (One of them finally learned how to DI other than down, and got in my face like it bothered me. I was like, "That was good DI. Keep it up." LOL) As long as you keep hitting them...they WILL die. Try a turnip inbetween, too. Then follow up. ^_^

Come to think of it...it was a C. Falcon he survived with. It was a sweet-spotted toe he survived. I kinda felt bad surviving his knee later. I SDI'ed down, and then teched, grabbed the ledge, then ledge-hop Faired. He was pretty upset. >_> My friends hate it when I win.

Anybody else have that problem? It kinda kills your buzz when you play.

VA

Smash Hero

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
I played fuzzys Falcon in pools on saturday... made my peach sad face
i obviously didn't expect to win but i expexted him to sandbag

VA i saw a few of you matchs on saturday though i was mesmerized by your hair:bee:

MacD

Banned via Administration
That brings up an interesting point. This goes out the the better players but i'm curious, in pools do you guys try and **** the noobs first match and let them take a stock or two next match so they feel good (that's what happened to me at OC3 when i played ken). Or do you just **** them hard both matches. Or do you just sandbag your *** off and not care.

Also i'm curious, i one day really wanna go IC's against the noobs in my pools, but i feel like now people wanna play my peach and i'd feel bad going a secondary. Should i just man up and say **** you, you don't get to play my main? idk just feels mean.

VA

Smash Hero
I played fuzzys Falcon in pools on saturday... made my peach sad face
i obviously didn't expect to win but i expexted him to sandbag

VA i saw a few of you matchs on saturday though i was mesmerized by your hair:bee:
mesmerised by my hair? what about it lol?

in terms of pools, I'm not a great player but I get top seed in my region and 2-0 everyone. I sandbag usually and use any character I feel like xD

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
VA- You figure they WOULD be. My friends have pride. The stupid part is I think rumors go deep. So apparently people that spread rumors about my "lack" of skill were in for a big surprise. It's like that in any fighting game. I remember when they had DoA for like...ever...I come back (After only playing it like once or twice, mind you) and lose like one match with a character I didn't even use. (After I ran a train on them with that character) They tried to blame on the character and I proved them wrong...on BOTH cases. (I let them use my character and used my secondary, then ditto'ed them.) I made one of my friends quit SF because he lost to me in a mult-streetfighter endurance match. Out of all the ones we played...he won at like CvS2. Even then it was like...by one match...literally. I let him have his victory and moved on. He was butt hurt over that.

MacD- Do whatever you feel like. If they request your Peach...give it to them. Have your fun =p.

VA

Smash Hero
Meh, I've asserted quite clearly that out of the people I practice with that I'm the best. I'm also known to be in the top 3 in the UK so they know what's what.

However in other games they don't like losing much. I don't like losing either but my reaction is usually to play the game until I win. Which is what I wish they'd be like with me but when I beat them they give up xD

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The frieds I had that did that...well they all went and did some really...stupid things with their lives. They just disappaered afterwards. Eh...the ones now...they just don't have that effort to put forth. Except in the FPS world. I don't do that anymore....haven't for years. If I started back up...they might quit that, too, xD.

Composeur

Smash Ace

Vids tomorrow.
Mmm yup, I could sure have used your Peach vs KDJ. I'll have my whole set-up here by next week, I think, so hopefully I won't get ***** so hard next time. Dude's really cool, though.

Hey, nice matches vs Fuzz. Good job wising up to the dsmash baits in the last few matches, and a lot of really good reads. I honestly think you can beat him in due time, since the mistakes you made that let him beat you are things you will definitely be able to improve. Your Peach is definitely second only to AR's in Europe.

The Irish Mafia

Actually, I've learned to stop DIing the uthrow and just SDI it
I've had about a 90% success rate by just trying to dashdance as fast as I can when he jumps. It works pretty well seeing as I can get a dustless dashdance on a good day

The Irish Mafia

I'm talking about uthrow uair. My method is just wait for the uthrow and as soon as he jumps, "dash dance" as fast as you can. It usually only fails when I forget to do it LOL
I put dash dance in quotes because in this part you should be in the air and therefore unable to do the run animation, it just seemed unclear before IMO

VA

Smash Hero
Mmm yup, I could sure have used your Peach vs KDJ. I'll have my whole set-up here by next week, I think, so hopefully I won't get ***** so hard next time. Dude's really cool, though.

Hey, nice matches vs Fuzz. Good job wising up to the dsmash baits in the last few matches, and a lot of really good reads. I honestly think you can beat him in due time, since the mistakes you made that let him beat you are things you will definitely be able to improve. Your Peach is definitely second only to AR's in Europe.
You think I'm 2nd best Peach in Europe? I thought Samochan had claimed this. Guess I'll have to MM her.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You could just use the term "Slow Escape". Most people here are familiar with Fighting game terms. I didn't even realize that's what it was until I started playing Soul Calibur again. (God...I hate that game when scrubs play.)

Composeur

Smash Ace
You think I'm 2nd best Peach in Europe? I thought Samochan had claimed this. Guess I'll have to MM her.
Or just see how she does against Fuzz :) I knew her technical knowledge about Peach was encyclopedic, but I am very impressed by the YT vids I saw just a minute ago.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
after realizing that my opinion on the falcon/peach matchup changes depending on whether or not i'm playing well, I think i can conclude my opinion on matchups are irrelevant :\

Top Bottom