• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Iced coffee + cookies?

Cristin... that doesn't sound that amazing

Unless you mean coffee ICE cream ;).

And if you mean hot coffee you're just insane.

And no my sheik obviously isn't stupid enough.

Composeur

Smash Ace
New Armada vids up! They're not on yt yet but you can download them from AJP's server. Look at Armada vs Remen on BF, Winner's semis. It's one of the most ridiculous kills I've ever seen a Peach pull off.

http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/100402-BerlinCalling/Singles/

Oh, and yes, it's PAL, but that's irrelevant for the purposes of appreciating, among other things, this edgeguard.

Composeur

Smash Ace
There's nothing wrong with PAL, but I've noticed the attitude of many Americans are biased in thinking that NTSC is the "real" game. I think everyone should play PAL because it IS more balanced, but obviously that's not likely to ever happen.

Here's a YT link to that match, now that AJP's put it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYEtKrVdgSM

VA

Smash Hero
lol I find NTSC more fun tbh. Marth dair that you CANNOT escape? How cool is that? Fox is silly though, as is sheik. Falco too, you don't get how lame the extra spike frames in that dair are.

MacD

Banned via Administration
as a peach main, i'd rather play in pal

fox kills 10%+ later and shorter recovery
marth's spike won't kill you
sheik's dthrow is complete garbage

i'd say the only plus is for falcons, they get auto gentleman

but i still love my ntsc... though i've never actually played pal

VA

Smash Hero
lol you'd say the only plus is auto gentleman? you're right, although noobs like fuzzyness think that the knee has a different hitbox.

not only is sheiks dthrow is garbage, her uair doesn't combo/kill and her usmash has no legit setup.

fox and marth are heavier, marth is easy to combo in PAL I dunno about NTSC :/

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh and marth gets knocked down by shine, which sucks for fox, god fox is garbage in pal

oh and ganon's fair is garbage too, i don't know all the changes, but the only positive one i could think of was auto gentleman

a few of us agree that when we watch pal vids, people seem to die later for no reason, like everyone is weaker, maybe it is just the DI though

VA

Smash Hero
A lot of things have reduced killing capacity in one way or another. Marth falling down from shine means you can thunders combo him. Which is cool...

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
lol you'd say the only plus is auto gentleman? you're right, although noobs like fuzzyness think that the knee has a different hitbox.

not only is sheiks dthrow is garbage, her uair doesn't combo/kill and her usmash has no legit setup.

fox and marth are heavier, marth is easy to combo in PAL I dunno about NTSC :/
Then explain to me how amsah combo's with uair all the time.

And sheiks dthrow is still " good " just not NTSC downthrow good.

<_<;

VA

Smash Hero
I was playing NTSC the other day and thought that it seemed better because it put them in hit lag for longer.

Dthrow is nowhere near as good, it goes from guaranteed set up in NTSC to nothing in PAL for some situations. For example vs Peach.

It is still good but the opponent has a lot more options from it than simply get hit like it is in NTSC.

But you are right, it's not garbage, especially vs ganon/falcon and the space animals.

VA

Smash Hero
is it? IS IT?

Free gentleman sucks, it's hard to tech and gets used all the time.

Weight changes will throw you off!

But if you would really love to play PAL, come to Europe? Problem solved.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
PAL sounds amazing. Peach seems to be the gayest character in PAL since she isn't nerfed in anyway whatsoever.

VA

Smash Hero
What about Jiggz? No nerfs to her IC's or CF.

CF is buffed.

Peach boards should come to Europe more.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
eh. Peach still has an advantage against Puff/IC's and CF(?). What's most important is that all her bad match ups (Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth) have gotten better.

VA

Smash Hero
Is she advantaged against Puff and CF? I dunno...but yeah she's so much better in PAL I think. Consult the ****** PAL tier list to see what they make of it.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I've always wondered who Peach vs Falcon is in favor of. I love that match up as Peach but at the same time I hear Peaches "get *****" by Falcon.

VA

Smash Hero
I've always wondered who Peach vs Falcon is in favor of. I love that match up as Peach but at the same time I hear Peaches "get *****" by Falcon.
If falcon can combo well it's like one grab = death.

But I'm pretty sure there are some favorable things to the match up, hax and SS certainly did a good job at fighting armada...

It's tough for peach but there is a lot of good stuff you can do to him, if you play it right you out prioritise him in many many situations.

Top Bottom