• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Eh, I don't like saying preference, it's analagous to saying sexual orientation is a preference like 1% milk.

And it's not a preference, I'm just not into ethnic features.

Veril

Frame Savant
Sexual preference is synonymous with sexual orientation. It is actually one of the listed definitions of the word preference. At least in webster's dictionary.

Preference can but does not have to imply a concious choice.

What does "ethnic features" mean lol?

:phone:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Preference is so weak sounding though. Like saying homophobia over heterosexism, its basic and passe

Ethnic features is code for black, obvi.

Veril

Frame Savant
Preference is so weak sounding though. Like saying homophobia over heterosexism, its basic and passe

Ethnic features is code for black, obvi.
Nobody says heterosexism :p

Preference might sound weak to you, but that's how political correctness is sometimes. I honestly can't think of a stronger wording that would be politically correct.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I say heterosexism. All the isms are stronger; racism, sexism, jism. The connotation of homophobia is that they are inherently afraid of us, but in reality they just hate us. I think orientation sounds better. It sounds like a fixed constant, like gravity.

And
at political correctness. Seriously.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i definitely see where you are coming from, DoH, but i think it all comes down to your definition of "preference" internally. To me preference describes a system of ranking and judging. While this can change, it does not change on whims. Someone who says "i prefer ketchup" will actually choose ketchup 99% of the time and will only not choose it in rare cases when they want to branch out or are feeling adventurous. Similarly, someone who says I prefer blondes is just more attracted to blondes. They don't choose blondes for any logical reason, its just their tastes. I agree that sexual preference may be too weak of a term, but i think when describing the things you like its perfectly acceptable. "I prefer fair skin" gets the point across finely.

I hope i didn't lose track of this convo, thats where it all started right?

Veril

Frame Savant
Wait a sec, you wanted a way to say you weren't into black guys without sounding like a racist... But don't care about political correctness?

Lol whatever "goes back to studying"

@sveet: someone's preferred lexicon does not take priority over the actual definition of a term. Sexual preference and orientation are synonyms. Only like... Sociology/psych students will argue otherwise, and lol @ them in general.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm a Democrat, I can't be misconstrued as being racist.

Though if I was I guess I can assuage my liberal guilt by voting for Obama again.

What the **** am I going to do after 2016?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Black guys really arent attractive.

I CAN DO THIS CUZ I BE BLACK!

trololololololololol

Veril

Frame Savant
Lol Alan.

@crush: All Systems Go and The Axe Effect are so good; they're easily my favorite combo videos.

Omfg the neighbors dog will not stop barking. :mad:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm a Democrat, I can't be misconstrued as being racist.

Though if I was I guess I can assuage my liberal guilt by voting for Obama again.

What the **** am I going to do after 2016?
white guys

Wake

Smash Master
Hmmmmm For me it's usually... White, Asian (including Indians, there are some fine Indians :awesome:), Middle Eastern, Mixed (black and white. I'm mixed too, actually Asian and White too) and sometimes black guys. I LIKES EM ALL MAYBE :embarrass:

But now that I think about it, I'm not attracted to really effeminate guys either.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
My taste in men is varied. But one quality remains consistent. I need men that are witty. I've been finding more and more that if I have to explain how what I say is funny, it's just not going to work. It's an unfortunate dynamic when the man at hand is, shall we say, skilled at other things. Oh well, guess I'll have to invest in a gag.

MacD

Banned via Administration
that's funny

i like people who are smart enough to keep up with me, but at the same time ditzy. i just find it so cute when people are ditzy, but not like in a "where is the US on the map" kinda way

MacD

Banned via Administration
i knew that was coming, and i know i'd get pretty close, if not get it right

i kinda know what states look like on a map, but just off the top of my head where they are all in relation to each other....... that's another story

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's a good thing that we're in the social thread.

Black guys really arent attractive.

I CAN DO THIS CUZ I BE BLACK!

trololololololololol
No, we aren't. I came to terms with my own horrid features long ago, so I can not take offense to this.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Some black guys are attractive, and in that regard, some people are attracted to black guys.

Im not one of them.

Top Bottom