• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only in Niagara II - November 8 - St.Catharines, Ontario #Can be unstickied#

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

Niko, either that 2GB SD Card you got from the announcer guy is mine, or my SD card is still in AvariceX's Wii

Whoever has it could you please tell me D:

I coulda swore I grabbed it : /

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lolol so how pissed was sliq when ace whorenado'd him

that man gets pissed easily

cant wait what he says on the boards (here or when the results thread come up) lolol

vids vids vids VIDS lets goooo

edit: btw you guys know that ally is in highschool atm so his schedule doesnt get him enough freedom to travel around, where as its much easier for m2k for the moment, ally cant even drive yet lol

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
edit: btw you guys know that ally is in highschool atm so his schedule doesnt get him enough freedom to travel around, where as its much easier for m2k for the moment, ally cant even drive yet lol

IIRC, M2K is in college. Which takes a lot more of your time than high school does. No school johns. :bee:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Dude, did you read my shoutout post?

Watching KingAce whorenado pissed ME off and I wasn't even playing

But Sliq seemed to keep his cool somewhat, he didn't throw the controller or anything but he was hitting like every button on the controller trying to break out of every tornado XD

I kinda lost respect for KingAce after watching that match : /

Honestly though, it should have been Sliq and Ally in the finals

Ally has all my respect though, his Snake is insane

I actually got the chance to play him after. I doubt he was trying his best or anything but I managed to get one of his stocks XD (I got a stock in the second of our BO3 matches but that was because of a cypher grab. Though he was at like 160% so I probably coulda up smashed too, oh well)

Niko, either that 2GB SD Card you got from the announcer guy is mine, or my SD card is still in AvariceX's Wii

Whoever has it could you please tell me D:​

Cyan_

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ally - **** moar, lol. Too bad we didn't get our $1 Melee MM. :p Or even Brawl friendlies. You were always busy. Anyways, congratulations on winning this thing and nice meeting you. See ya at LBT (Let's Brawl Toronto)

BentoBox - Ahhh, the guy who kicked me outta the 2nd round of pools. Heh. Your Peach is toooo good.

Mikey - Your Falco is amazing, as well as your Snake. GGs man. Hope to see you at LBT.

Toronto Joe - Best Fox in Canada? olol. Offline friendlies every week, son. We got farther than we thought in doubles. Thanks for the ride there.

Niko_K - We didn't get to have Brawl friendlies, but it was sure nice meeting you. :D You coming to LBT?

KAGE - Omg, you're tooooo good at Melee. Brawl too.

KingAce - I can't believe I beat you MK on RC. :p The Pool game we had was tooooo close. If I beat you there, I would've made it in. :( Grats on getting 2nd.

Bug - Blah, I wanted to play you. :p But you had to get beer.

Percon - Amazing tourney, man. It was nice meeting you and playing you in pools.

That other guy in my 2nd round of Pool who gave me your e-mail - Add me on MSN, foo! Amazing Snake you have der, we gotta play online.

Holy - You weren't here, but I'll see you at LBT. And we MUST have Brawl friendlies and not be busy all day, unlike someone. >_>

WIGI - Lol, only played you at the very start of this tourney, but it was nice meeting you. Sexy controller you have.

That dude that plays GunZ - Add me on AIM: SmshStephen

Stephen/Steven - Dood, nice "i pwn n00bs" shirt from PP. I got the same one, except yours is gold, I was the guy wearing the red one. Guess what, my name is Stephen too! lololol

Sorry if I missed anyone, I have bad memory. :p

Anther

Smash Champion
Good shizzy Ally and Sliq.

Ally- Good stuff dood keep ******, too bad I got beat by that lucas early on if not I would've taken you down.
Sliq- Your bowser's almost crazy as you are. Sike!
kingace- I'ma come for ya ;p
Tantles- Don't sandbag out of the bracket next time, you know you can own face, don't get so discouraged <3.

TantalusIX

Smash Rookie
i didnt continue the tourney for a number of reasons
1) i was tired and didnt feel well...i was falling asleep the entire tourney
2) 50% of the players there used snake/mk/g and w which is not fun
3) I really couldnt care les about participating because the only reason i play brawl is for the fun and social aspects of it....ive been retired from tournies since the melee days and brawl's unfortunate samus nerf

Who knows I may enter a tourney eventually...

Alopex

Smash Ace

IIRC, M2K is in college. Which takes a lot more of your time than high school does. No school johns. :bee:
This is a misconception.

High school attendance is mandatory.

University/College? Hah. I watch all my courses online.

University/College is harder than high school, for sure, but there's more freedom. High school is like jail - you can't get out of anything.

I wonder how many people are wanting to play Ally online now... I know *I* want to... just to get badly owned for fun.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah that was the only downside of the tournie, aside from pastas **** diddy, all i played were gaw,mk and snakes

and wtf? anther you came? XD

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Ally- Good stuff dood keep ******, too bad I got beat by that lucas early on if not I would've taken you down.
Tantles- Don't sandbag out of the bracket next time, you know you can own face, don't get so discouraged <3.
Wait...Anther was at the tournament? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

*waits for vids* It'll be fun to hear the crowd's reactions to Ally's MINDGAMEZ

Sliq

Smash Master
Almost all the videos I took are up and have been up since 4 AM this morning.

youtube.com/sliq111

Also, MK isn't broken, I played like an idiot. Bowser has the tools to handle the whorenado, but I turned my brain off for that match. I did feel it was lame an annoying that he used it so much, but that's his prerogative. Que sera sera.

Regardless, MK doesn't need a ban (Ally proved that), I just need to play like not a dumb person.

I should have the rest of the videos up shortly, and I would appreciate it if people would comment on the videos and let me know who I am playing in the match. I basically recorded ALL of my videos, as well as semi-finals (since I was in them) and finals, but all the matches leading up to that point tend to blur together, so any help you can give is great.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Anther is so good that he decided to let Ally win, but next time he wont be so lucky.

I was looking forward to seeing the Midwest rep the top 10 though. Guess Canada had other plans. Anyone have the brackets?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!11!!ONE!!!

Niko_K - man I got eliminated by you in doubles and singles, my Falcon and Sonic gave a run for your money though :)

ALLY - **** man ur Snake is beastly,we never had that Falcon ditto but w/e I totally love you for three stocking ace twice, that was magic

4:00 - my nigg I love you lol, your wolf has come a long way man, keep doing what your doing

Millar - your a **** for not showing :(

Everyone in my pools (except judg!) - awesome games guys, I don't know if you all fell for it but when I was high I trolled everyone by doing **** with Snake then winning the other two rounds with Sonic and Falcon to show their epic tier placements

KC - my man who beat WiGi in that ditto!!! man I ****ing love you keep reppin it hard

Nate - thanks for avenging my team in team matches :)

Judg! - amazing MK, I feel you on the MK ban too, maybe at Only In Niagara 3 we can have DK vs. C.Falcon

Sliq - your bowser is intense man, hope to play it again man, Bowser Vs. Falcon FTW

Max - wow man I love you for hosting this, I placed really well for Falcon (I think I tied 16th with like 6 other people) and your kirby is a beast, we will have to play each other more at future practices

Montreal - Thanks for showing up, this was way epic

Other people from different places - also thanks for showing up, if I played you GG's (I think so cause I didn't face anyone from Niagara)

For people who don't remember me, I was the brown kid dressed in clothes from Giant tiger, and who was Baked half the time, and who was rocking Sonic and Falcon though this tournament saying "OHH KNEE'D IN THE CROTCH" every time I got a knee on my opponents

BTW Motreal and other places next time you come you should stay an extra night so we can all party together :)

Thanks to everyone Peacey (no typo here)

kuenzel

Smash Ace
lol to first pools KO, playing Mikey, Zaf, an Zeph was cool, I cant believe how close that MK match was with me 'n zaf- remember? I was ZZS.
though i liked watching the falco ditto with Mikey and my friend Izzo (edit: he was the guy with red hair-LOL)
Oh and thanks to that guy who did the shell customs-- my red/black Controller I have named- Cha0sf1r3

no, really...

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Moar results and brackets plz.

Also all of you best be at the Let's Brawl Tourney, gogogogo sign up all of you be there. Let's make that one rly epic

Niko_K

Smash Master
WTF anther was there??? 9th isn't too bad I suppose xD. Got eliminated by two **** metaknights.

Meh.

Im playing friendlies with ally so shoutouts later.

Sliq

Smash Master
First off, Anther WASN'T there, he was at the MI tournament.

Furthermore, the MW did place in the top 10.

TantalusIX

Smash Rookie
Anther is so good that he decided to let Ally win, but next time he wont be so lucky.

I was looking forward to seeing the Midwest rep the top 10 though. Guess Canada had other plans. Anyone have the brackets?
anther was not there....he was just giving shoutouts to people bc people told him what happened at the tourney as well as the results. I REPEAT ANTHER WAS NOT THERE...

if anther was there....he wouldve been in the finals with ally lol

Sliq

Smash Master

that man gets pissed easily
I get pissed at stupid.

Watching KingAce whorenado pissed ME off and I wasn't even playing

But Sliq seemed to keep his cool somewhat, he didn't throw the controller or anything but he was hitting like every button on the controller trying to break out of every tornado XD
Actually I was trying to smash DI out of it using both sticks. I think I learned how to do it with Bowser, which is near impossible (also with D3), but lighter, smaller characters can easily get out of it by smash DI'ing up.

For Bowser and D3, I'm pretty sure you have to smash DI up and away from MK, preferably the opposite direction the whorenado is traveling. I did manage to break out of it a handful of times, but I need to test this to see if it is still possible.

Also, I only throw my controller or get pissed IRL when I **** something up, and it is really more about me being pissed at myself. I have high standards for myself, so when I fail I take it especially hard.

Honestly though, it should have been Sliq and Ally in the finals
The outcome would've been the same. I'm not sure how to handle a character that can kill me, the heaviest character in the game, at 110% with a fast tilt while living to 180%. Regardless, he is beatable, and I had developed a strategy for fighting him but unfortunately didn't get to use it.

The extra 100$ would've been nice, but the Bowser chant I got was well worth it, so I regret nothing.

Ally has all my respect though, his Snake is insane
Yes.

Regardless, it was my fault for losing to KingAce. I already said it once, but Bowser has the tools to beat the whorenado, I just blew it. I will win next time, with 100% certainty. You can quote me on that.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
thnks Ayaz ^^ i smelt ganja at the venue XD

and yeah, at Lets Brawl Toronto i hope i get placed against Ally.........Fox vs Snake is a seriously fun matchup to play and also watch

*high fives Ally for beasting this tourney*

as for bowser vs MK, i remember Vex telling me that Bowser can cg Meta across FD and finish with an f-air, and his tilts break through nado aswell i believe,i could be wrong though as iknow diddly about that matchup, so what happened Sliq? i wish i cudda stayed but my parents were tired so once i was done i had to leave

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I got triple quoted by Sliq

I feel special lmao XD

But yeah, you played great Sliq

Anther

Smash Champion
If you tilt your shield upwards and toward the tornado, it stops the majority of shield pokes from it, and at the same time will instantly pop you out if it if it does poke. Bowser should probably do that even moreso because his whole head is exposed right when the nado touches him =P.

I was there in spirit Tant, don't lie. I died 3 months ago =[.
I was the guy sitting in the corner playing friendlies as pikachu.

KC18

Smash Journeyman
ye GG's to everyone, sick turn out. hope everyone enjoyed themselves, especially for those who came from farther distances.

Sliq

Smash Master
If you tilt your shield upwards and toward the tornado, it stops the majority of shield pokes from it, and at the same time will instantly pop you out if it if it does poke. Bowser should probably do that even moreso because his whole head is exposed right when the nado touches him =P.
I know this and I did this.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

WTF ANTHER?!

2) 50% of the players there used snake/mk/g and w which is not fun
Exactly.

yeah that was the only downside of the tournie, aside from pastas **** diddy, all i played were gaw,mk and snakes

and wtf? anther you came? XD
Same.

And yeh, WTF ANTHER?!

Wait...Anther was at the tournament? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
Thats what I'm saying.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
stop saying this like we dont already know and havent been doing it for the last 2+ months...

either way, ace got stomped on, and he didnt even use MK, waddup wit dat?
but yah. ally is total ****, i wish me and jesiah could have shown up for this, but jesiah's snake won the biweekly down here for like the 8th time straight or some craziness like that, so it wasnt a total wash...

anyway, once i get some money and my probation is up, ill come up there and show you guys how to win WITHOUT using broken characters, lol
but yah, big ups to sliq for reppin the boozer,
i watched all the vids...
next time i want to see a boozer f-smash on that garbage tornado.

Top Bottom