• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only in Niagara II - November 8 - St.Catharines, Ontario #Can be unstickied#

WIGI

Smash Champion
im going to try to upload the few vids i have tonight, i think i just have a few doubles matches, and one of the luigi dittos me and KC did.. the one where he owned me lol.

Cansir is uploading his when he gets a chance.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
To the person with the laptop recording on the second tv left of the kitchen;
could i get some of my videos please?

I believe i had 3 MM's, and one friendly vs. 3de. All Samus'...

Thanks.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This tourney was mad fun, even if I did embarrassingly bad. I'll post all my shoutouts in the results thread... we need a results thread.

Also someone needs to put up videos of Sliq, people at AiB are after my blood for not providing videos lol.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Woooooo. This was way too fun. I didn't do as well as I had hoped but I'll have my revenge when the time comes.
*sets up a tent in Ally's backyward*

NikoK: 9th is Peach players's magic number it seems! good **** lol. I still have a lot of catching up to do before getting to your level. Record some more vids so I can learn some more! When you get down here, we shall have our own Bento & NikoK have amazing Peaches thread. srsly, we fail at recording :'>.
Sliq: Thx for crushing my self-esteem using Bowser/Ike/Ganon. Though I do not feel as bad about myself seeing as you got 3rd. But yeah... those friendlies we had were disgusting. In a good way.
Cyan: I'm sorry I kicked you out of pools :<
Mikey: Thank you so much for going DDD against me! By looking at the way you played vs. Ace's MK, I knew I prolly wouldn't have made it out of pools if you had done otherwise. Also, Beamswords counters D3. True story.
My pool (2nd round): F u guys and your falcos. Seriously.
Percon: Thx for housing us! Your mother makes the best homemade cinnabuns I've ever had lol. And it is worth mentioning that you 2 stocked ally @ your place =o. Amazing gai is amazing. Venue was pro. Etc.
Delorted: Fail more.
No!: BAD INFLUENCE! LEAVE ALLY ALONE D': <3
Judge: Funniest guy I've met @ OiN. Possesses the scrtz to lung-pollution-free highs. Hook me up. I walk around with a shoe on top of my head now. You've made me a believer.
Ulevo: That Distant Planet CP still haunts me :[.
T-shirt girl makes awsm t-shirts!
Wigi/Sliq: Did you guys sand and apply primer before painting your controllers?

[lazy]GGs everyone. See y'all soon hopefully[/lazy]

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Carter theres not a single video of Samus on my hard drive. Are you sure you used the software to record it?
Maybe you used Jarred's?

nickcam

Smash Ace
LOL EVERYONE GO WATCH THE LAST MATCH BETWEEN ALLY AND KINGACE..im the one screaming the whole match but u can hear it clearly 4:00 - 4:12 LMAO
right when i heard that noise i remebered ur screaming for no apparent reason. I remeber ur like o look at that Nado, 6 hit combo. LOL

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Kage, your Wii was the one hooked up to Max's TV right? Theres a replay of Ike vs Peach that I need you to send me.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Carter theres not a single video of Samus on my hard drive. Are you sure you used the software to record it?
Maybe you used Jarred's?
It was one long file, with a couple matches before mine. I think it was wolfblades lucario...

:ohwell:sucks if none were recorded.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i sanded with 400 grit, then with mine its 2 part pant, first coat is duplicolour metalcast BASE coat, second colour is just metalcast anodized spray, comes in green yellow purple red anddd blue i think.

but no i didn't use primer, don't really need to with duplicolour.

judge!

Smash Ace
LMFAO bento... ( **** im tired starts rambling on about nothing). PUT YOUR SHOE ON YOUR HEAD...JUST DO IT hahaha omg such a fun tourney lmao

Sliq

Smash Master
Wigi/Sliq: Did you guys sand and apply primer before painting your controllers?
Sand your controller lightly with 225 grit sand paper until you have a uniform surface. Don't sand too hard or you will gauge the plastic. Just apply a small amount of pressure until it feels a little smoother. Then I finish it off with a scratch pad (the green meshy pads you use for dish washing; DO NOT use steel wool or a brillo pad, that will ruin your ****). You can skip this step if you are concerned that you purchased the wrong thing. I'll try to find an image of what I'm talking about. I like using this for finishing because you can go to town sanding with it and not have to worry about gauging the plastic with the side of the sand paper.

I didn't prime, but if you want too, use AUTOMOTIVE PRIMER. Do not use filler primer, as it will clog the **** out of your sandpaper, and take forever to resand. Coat the controlelr with primer, sand with 400.

USE AUTOMOTIVE PAINT. I can not stress this enough. Spray light coats unless you know what you are doing, in which case you can probably finish it off in 3 coats. If you are a newb, then I'd say 6 light coats to avoid runs and orange peel. Wait 15 minutes in between each coat. Wait about an hour after the final coat, and rub your hand across it gently to feel for rough patches. If you have rough patches, you need to add more paint to that area. Repeat the above steps JUST for that area, until it is smooth. Spray paint is usually dry to touch in 15 minutes. This means you can touch it lightly, but if you press too hard you will leave a mark and everyone will laugh at you. It is best to wait an hour before you go man handling it.

Once it is completely painted and you are happy with it, let it sit for 24+ hours. DO NOT **** with it until at least this long has passed. Next, apply AUTOMOTIVE clear coat. This will protect the paint job, not to mention make your controller mad shiny. Do the same thing for the clear coat as you did the paint (light coats). If you put it on too thick you can get runs, and also clear coat will turn yellow if you put it on too heavy, and make your controller look like ****.

Once you have applied the clear coat, let that sit for 7 DAYS. I know, it sounds extreme, but the paint and clear coat need to cure. IF you **** with it it will take forever to cure, it will feel soft, and it will smell like paint and make your hands smell like paint. It is best if you let it sit out in an open air place so that fresh oxygen can hit the paint. Don't put it in a plastic pag or in a drawer or anything, or it will smell like paint for like a month.

So the key things are:

Light Sand 225 Grit
Automotive Primer (Optional)
Automotive Paint
Light Coats
Dry 1 Day
Automotive Clear Coat
Cure 1 Week
Reassemble
Dance Vigorously

WIGI

Smash Champion
if your using duplicolour you don't need to use clear coat, it has one built in, and its ready to use after about 3 days. and id stay wiht a higher grit sandpaper even for priming. primer is ment to stick to not snaded surfaces anyways so only sand with about 400 grit, everything else you said tho is perfect imo

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sliq the video of game 2 and 3 in your losers finals match against KingAce were taken down for some reason. Any chance of a re-upload?

Just remembered: Does anyone have my Wii remote? I got home and realized I either left it behind in Niagara or dropped it somewhere. There's 2 Panasonic rechargeable batteries in it. Let me know if you have it.

Sliq

Smash Master
if your using duplicolour you don't need to use clear coat, it has one built in, and its ready to use after about 3 days. and id stay wiht a higher grit sandpaper even for priming. primer is ment to stick to not snaded surfaces anyways so only sand with about 400 grit, everything else you said tho is perfect imo
You would still need clear coat. Clear coat is like an invisible shield that protects the paint from scratches. Without it, the paint can still get scratched. All duplicolor does is make sure it is nice and shiny.

I have never found it necassary to go above 225 grit sand paper for anything I've ever done, whether it be designer models or controllers, especially if you use primer.

You still need to sand the controller. It will help the primer stick, unless you are using self etching primer. That is why I suggested 225 grit, since it will take like 10 minutes to sand for primer with 225. I didn't even use primer, I went straight to 225 grit. If you want to be a perfectionist you can slowly work up from 225, but I don't recommend going any lower, since it will start gauging the plastic. You don't necassarily need to sand pre primer, but it doesn't save you any work. You'll be sanding the same amount to get a smooth surface regardless. Having a thick layer of primer underneath your paint will make the paint more unstable and more prone to recieving damage, not to mention flaking, pooling, running, and orange peel.

I basically just take the better safe than sorry route, and it isn't like my way is any more extensive or expensive. It's just the way I was taught. You can follow his directions if you'd like, I'm just saying that I, personally, wouldn't since I have a system in place that works great, regardless of what I am painting.

I'm not meaning to rain on your parade, but I'm very confident in my painting knowledge and abilities at this point.

On a slightly related note, I really want to creat my own fiberglass controller with a slightly different form and perhaps button layout. Anyone else think I should, even though it will be a colossal pain in the ***?

Sliq the video of game 2 and 3 in your losers finals match against KingAce were taken down for some reason. Any chance of a re-upload?

Just remembered: Does anyone have my Wii remote? I got home and realized I either left it behind in Niagara or dropped it somewhere. There's 2 Panasonic rechargeable batteries in it. Let me know if you have it.
I'll have to check this out when I get home from work.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ive taken my fingernail and dragged it forcefully acros my controler. duplicolour needs no clear coat. lol

any otehr brand i would use a clear coat tho. i even did my golie mask with duplicouler and it hasn't had any scratcheds.. and its a golie mask. lol

WIGI

Smash Champion
ive taken my fingernail and dragged it forcefully acros my controler. duplicolour needs no clear coat. lol

any otehr brand i would use a clear coat tho. i even did my golie mask with duplicouler and it hasn't had any scratcheds.. and its a golie mask. lol

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Its me that has it. I believe you were the one that told me C let. lol. I am uploading videos right now, my up rate is crap so it will take a while. Hopefully I can get everything up by 12am.

Percon

Smash Lord

I might have it. I found an extra wiimote when we were packing and I didn't know who it belonged to so I took it. I'll give it to you next time I see you.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll be at LBT on the 22nd, so I can get it from whoever has it then... Also I'm watching the doubles finals matches right now and I'm a little confused... KingAce + Percon won right?

but in the videos Judge Yes wins game 1 and 2 (2-0 Judge Yes), Royal Crush wins game 3 (2-1 Judge Yes) and then Judge Yes wins game 4 (3-1 Judge Yes)... shouldn't Judge Yes have won at that point? Unless I'm missing something the 5th game I'm watching right now shouldn't have even happened...

Top Bottom