• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On a scale of 1-10...

ragnellrager

Smash Rookie
Ike in general is about 7/10.

My Ike is (y-1)/10, y being the additive inverse of the highest number anyone in this thread gives.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
So your saying your Ike sucks. Alot.

EDIT: Last time I posted here, I gave myself a 3. I think I've improved to a 6 honestly. Borderline average.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman

blairz08

Smash Rookie
i would rate ike a 5/10, average user, easy to take out opponents with,(depends) on opponet

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
1. by far.

I spam Fsmash. Its a habit. C-stick addiction. Don't ask.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Touche. This was actually pretty funny.
I try

Just by 3 more? You sound very intelligent when you talk about Ike. I'd figure an 8 /shockedsurprisedface
Thanks. Its not that I don't think I'm ok with Ike. Its just when compared to someone like Ryko who says he's an 8, I'm prolly like a 6. Maybe a 7 on a good day. I guess videos would help though lol.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Of course.

Marauder said:
Thanks. Its not that I don't think I'm ok with Ike. Its just when compared to someone like Ryko who says he's an 8, I'm prolly like a 6. Maybe a 7 on a good day. I guess videos would help though lol
Ah, alright makes sense. The same would go for me then. Just pointing out you know what you're talking about. To that end I agree about the videos part.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Knowledge Wise: 9/10. I've got a heck of a lot of things memorized about Ike. His match-ups, frame advantages out of jab, I basically don't have things like %dg, knockback and knockback growth memorized.

Translating Knowledge into actual ability: 4/10. When ever I try to jab cancel, all I ever do is more jabs or a grab. I can't read the opponent well at all. I have a terrible time trying to adapt. My reaction time sucks. I fall into patterns a lot.

I suck. :bee:

UberMario

Smash Master
8/10 Won the first time I used him online, but he's a little slow when it comes to attacking for me.

UberMario

Smash Master
Nobody cares about online. It's irrelevant to how good a character actually is, or how good you are with a character.
I thought it was obvious I was comfortable enough with him that I won >_>

I didn't really have any problems with him sans his lack of projectiles (like he would have any).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So? Nobody is "good" online. It's simply who was affected less by the lag. Hence, it's worthless for an actually assessment of how good you really are with a character outside of a very broad sense of if you have the general idea of how to use a character. If you only use a character online and can't back up your skills with similar results offline, you aren't good with him. Plain and simple. Online and offline are too different otherwise. My Falcon is better on line then my Ike is online for example. Am I actually better with Falcon? No, it's the fact that online changes things that much.

If you truly want to know if you are good with Ike, or just good are reading scrubs online through the lag, go to real life tournaments.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Errr...now I would rate my Ike to be a 2 out of 10 in comparison to most players that I've seen around, but I'm planning on raising my score by another 2 points by the end of the summer.

Also Ike boards, you'll be seeing more of me, except I won't be spamming up the place like other known players.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'd say about an 8. Most people say he can't compete with speed, but if you predict with down b, you can stop most anything and his aerial back a is extremely fast and powerful to.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
my ike is a perfect 10

cuz i'm that good

and nobody can stop me :mad:

LOL

but srly >.>
idk...ima say i've improved a bit from last time..soo...6.5/10 lol

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
8/10.

I have beaten quite a lot big-name players with my Ike. (In my country, don't know how I would do in other countries)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It depends on if my friends survived or not.
Because I fight for my friends!

Probably about 6 or 7 seriously, though. As you can see, he's a secondary and not a main.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Wahhh.. I would rate my Ike 1,000,000... Because he's awesome... Nice... Strong... Handsome..............

He sweeps me off my feet <3... Okay, in-combat terms, me USING him to fight... I would say I'm about around 5 or 6. I don't really know how well I do with Ike. That's up to someone else... Who versus me.

stealthwarrior17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2938-7216-1604
Using Ike, im a 9 out of 10. I know how to use him well. But his obvious weak points and the strong points of other characters prevents him from doing better in tourneys (chain grabs, good jugglers, etc.)

LordofIke

Smash Rookie
I agree with V Ike does have hard time dealing with fast characters but if you let them come to you and let them strike first and then counter that will throw them off there game and you will have a much easier time defeating them.

LordofIke

Smash Rookie
I Give Ike a 7.5/10 He has alot of power yet as with all heavyweights he's slow but used right he can very deadly. Look at Kirk and the others who use Ike and then talk to me about Ike Being Cheap. I Rest my case.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I agree with V Ike does have hard time dealing with fast characters but if you let them come to you and let them strike first and then counter that will throw them off there game and you will have a much easier time defeating them.
I Give Ike a 7.5/10 He has alot of power yet as with all heavyweights he's slow but used right he can very deadly. Look at Kirk and the others who use Ike and then talk to me about Ike Being Cheap. I Rest my case.
First off, welcome to the Ike boards! Our board is mostly active in Ashunera's Library; try keeping your posts in there and refrain from bumping old topics (like this one; the last post before yours was more than three weeks ago).

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ike isn't cheap. Ike is bad, that is why he is low tier. Metroid is correct, stick to ashunera's library for all of your questions, concerns, and ike discussion.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I just have to point out: If all our Ike discussion and whatnot should be in Ashu's, does it really matter if an old topic is bumped? It's not pushing anything important down if Ashu's is all we need ;)

No point in discouraging topics like this, they'll always exist whether we like it or not. We can admonish every new poster who debuts in here or we can just let them have their fun and hope they feel like sticking around, because there will always be more. Just my opinion
:ohwell:

:034:

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Hard to say; I've never played any other Ikes in person, and I prefer to be modest. I'll give myself a 6 to be safe.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Id give my ike a 7/10. I have a pretty good developed metagame but i still lack quite a few things with him and as a smash player in general.
Ive competed with quite a few tough ppl and a well known name supposedly and did very good

Palpi

Smash Hero
:chuckle:
Id give my ike a 7/10. I have a pretty good developed metagame but i still lack quite a few things with him and as a smash player in general.
Ive competed with quite a few tough ppl and a well known name supposedly and did very good
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
why does this thread exist lol >.>?

90% of the posters here don't even give themselves reasonable/logical ratings

Top Bottom