• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Dante's a Capcom character, not Sony. And I was dissapointed by him in DMC3 (not the game, just Dante). What a stupid frat-boy.
I didn't know that Playstation and Sony were considered the same thing. :ohwell: I know DMC was made by Capcom, but that was a PS2 game so I said playstation.

My friend recommended that I play God of War, and when I said to him that it looked like DMC he said it was better. However, I'm the type of person who likes the old way of doing things, so if I'm expecting it to be like DMC and it isn't than I won't like it.

I also wasn't talking about DMC3, old school is where it's at. The first game was the best in the series IMO.

I understand the color thing because I was there. I was saying I don't understand all the XBox and PS talk.
Well I don't understand all of it either, just go along with it and talk directly with people, you'll be able to stick around until this dies down (1.5 days).

He is uncertain when Brawl will come out, that is what I think he meant.
O.O No equals signs? For shame!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well I don't understand all of it either, just go along with it and talk directly with people, you'll be able to stick around until this dies down (1.5 days).

O.O No equals signs? For shame!
The PS2, Ps3, Xbox, and Xbox 360 stuff came up, because well, we're gamers right=? :laugh: (happy=?) Just check back on the previous page, and you'll fully understand what we were talking about. Don't worry, I didn't post in my usual 9-page essay form, nor did anyone else! :laugh: Anyways Rhyme, seriously play God of War or God of War II=friggen amazing. I swear I get the same feeling after playing that game, as I do after playing Guitar Heroes II=amazing! (=is back!) :laugh: :) ;)

Random Comment: I saw a DMC Special Edition package, containing al three DMC games, brand new fpr $20. It looked sick so I'll probably get it, and consdiering how much good stuff I'd heard about DMC, something tells me I won't be disappointed. Plus the cheapscape in me will actually be fine with this game! :laugh: I'm pretty sure I'll like all 3 of them, other than DMC 2=even I know about how much that game isn't liked! :laugh: :cool: :psycho:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Johnny, I just won't understand because I don't know much about game history, developers, or game characters, since I'm not a HUGE gamer. I just find a select few games that I love and play just those. Reading the last page won't help as much as you might think it will.

I wouldn't play God of War 2 without first playing the first one, but I'm not entirely sure I want to play the first one. Maybe after I beat both Starfox Adventures and SotC I'll try playing God of War. Still, priority-wise, it was already recommended that I play MGS.

Devil May Cry was an amazingly good game, and the harder difficulty levels allowed for much time and effort for mastery, or a good challange for the casual gamer. Take my advice, don't play on Easy, start out on Normal. You're missing out on the hard-core experience the game has to offer by selecting Easy, trust me on this. Also, DMC2 might have been a good game, but I couldn't will myself to play any further than chapter 4, because I didn't like it in the least. The third game had too much focus on leveling up and combo style for me, though I hear most people say that the third game was the best in the series.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Johnny, I just won't understand because I don't know much about game history, developers, or game characters, since I'm not a HUGE gamer. I just find a select few games that I love and play just those. Reading the last page won't help as much as you might think it will.

I wouldn't play God of War 2 without first playing the first one, but I'm not entirely sure I want to play the first one. Maybe after I beat both Starfox Adventures and SotC I'll try playing God of War. Still, priority-wise, it was already recommended that I play MGS.

Devil May Cry was an amazingly good game, and the harder difficulty levels allowed for much time and effort for mastery, or a good challange for the casual gamer. Take my advice, don't play on Easy, start out on Normal. You're missing out on the hard-core experience the game has to offer by selecting Easy, trust me on this. Also, DMC2 might have been a good game, but I couldn't will myself to play any further than chapter 4, because I didn't like it in the least. The third game had too much focus on leveling up and combo style for me, though I hear most people say that the third game was the best in the series.
Ive never played Devil May Cry before, looks like im clueless... again

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ive never played Devil May Cry before, looks like im clueless... again
Well, it wasn't the most popular game ever invented. There's absolutely no motive for the main character, Dante, to go where he does, and there's no explination for the girl you meet along the way. Everything just sort of happens. However, you're not playing this game for storyline, you're playing because of gameplay.

Basically, you're half demon and half human, so you can periodically unleash your devil power to gain more attack and speed, regain health, and take less damage. Some abilities are also only unlocked in Devil Trigger Mode. Slaying enemies gets you orbs, which you use to shop for items and abilities. Weapons are found around the world in viable locations, and they are crazy (not an overwhelming amount of them either). I think there ends up being roughly 10 powerups you can buy and a handfull of weapons/sidearms. I don't want to say how many and spoil anything or make you expecting, but they are good. Anyway, the game isn't very adventurous, but in following the main way through this "haunted" building you will encounter various enemies, and there is basically a boss-type character every other level. This is one of those games that will make you jump if you enter a room unprepared. The controls are solid, and the camera system almost always gives you the best view of the fighting, though not necessarily where you are headed. I'd deffinately recommend this game if you have the money.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
That will totally rule if they had all the FF characters and have KH characters has well with a binch of fighting stages and game modes
sadly, i dont think they'd let sora and co. into Dissidia final fantasy, because they are owned by disney.:( oh well. i would've loved to use Marluxia T_T, its ok marluxia, you'll get your chance to shine some day.... T_T

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
O_o... Personally, I hate that game and will never like it.

We are not going to see Sora(girls name by the way)any time soon so don't hope for it.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
hi creo! wanna be friends? i tried 2 send u a mess. but ur box was full. if its okay, i will put u on my wii, and u can do the same, ok?|-)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Don't double post.
I can't add you so PM me so I can keep your name when I get a friggin connection.
I'll get WiFi this week or next so don't worry. I'll have guaranteed internet shortly.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Since when did "private message" mean "Official 'Who is going to return?' topic"?

Come on, at least talk about something game-related.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
smashbros.com might have some new characters for us tomorrow, I'll post them on here at around 10 o'clock if there is any.
There's not supposed to be any new information until two hours fifty minutes from my post time, I'm afraid. Unless you live more towards the west coast, then it might already be there for you. Who knows...

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
I Think Both Peach & Sheilk Should Return Because I play well With Them
And It Would Be Better If They let Sheilk Single Character.

And if They Removed Them I Dont Know Wich Character i Will Play With.

(Thats why And Thanks For The Topic)

SWGamer1138

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this has already been said a bunch but, I just wanted to brainstorm here and get a good post goin.

I dont like Ness I cant figure out how to play him, granted I never played SSB64 too much at all but in Melee his recovery is horrible I just cant get it down, but that bat move is awesome if the guy your whacking is high percentage.

I think Sheik should get her own character instead of Zelda having to transform into her thats just a waste of a down B that could be a cool attack.

I play Young Link in SSBM I think for Brawl they should just have adult Link but give him some more speed and fire arrows and maybe something else cool and just completely eliminate Young Link, I dont think thats what theyre gonna do but its a nice thought cause I like the way adult Link looks better with the master sword and shield but hes too slow for me to be able to play.

Captain Falcon....ok good moves nice speed but cmon people make him a little less gay would ya?

Oooh while thinking of characters to talk about I just came up with something. Since they love adding different forms and such how about Mew? Be like a quicker version of Mewtwo.

Just a real quick thing on some that I dont think are needed: Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game and Watch, theyre ok fill ins but not needed in my opinion.

Top Bottom