• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Nintendo, Disney, SquareEnix, and Sony should still get together for Smash... and Microsoft should stay FAR FAR AWAY. (I hate you Xbox) Imagine a fight: Mario, Keyblade Mickey, Cloud, and Kratos. Oh Ma Gawd.
Add Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank into the mix it gets even better. Lots of explosions, and a gun that shoot outs random beams that looks useless, but turns people into ducks! :chuckle: Then again, Sony barely makes any good games anymore (other than RFoM and R&C)...Besides Mickey with his keyblade is awsome and I would like him in Smash and all, but it's all about Sephiroth, Cloud, and Roxas! Not to mention Squall (or Leon in KH), abd a ton of other totally awsome characrters that would make us say "WTF" until the day we all die....:laugh:

Side Note: What is wrong with the Xbox/Xbox 360=??? They definiely pushed the online game console genre a huge and much needed step forward=yae Microsoft! :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Add Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank into the mix it gets even better. Lots of explosions, and a gun that shoot outs random beams that looks useless, but turns people into ducks! :chuckle: Then again, Sony barely makes any good games anymore (other than RFoM and R&C)...Besides Mickey with his keyblade is awsome and I would like him in Smash and all, but it's all about Sephiroth, Cloud, and Roxas! Not to mention Squall (or Leon in KH), abd a ton of other totally awsome characrters that would make us say "WTF" until the day we all die....:laugh:
Hear about the FF fighter coming out for PSP? It's supposed to have a rediculous number of FF characters. All I know is Sephiroth is confirmed and so are the main character and villain from IX (Sorry, never played it). I hope they put KH characters in it. Sora, Riku, Roxas, Zehenort. Wow.

Side Note: What is wrong with the Xbox/Xbox 360=??? They definiely pushed the online game console genre a huge and much needed step forward=yae Microsoft! :)
I just feel Microsoft should stick to the computer, that's all. They could easily make monsterous computer games. Imagine how good Halo 3 would be if it came to the highest capability to a computer nowadays! Any computer could dominate any system, and they already have a good running jump on all their competition. (and I just don't like Xbox cuz it just had Halo and Halo2 and nothing else)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
Hear about the FF fighter coming out for PSP? It's supposed to have a rediculous number of FF characters. All I know is Sephiroth is confirmed and so are the main character and villain from IX (Sorry, never played it). I hope they put KH characters in it. Sora, Riku, Roxas, Zehenort. Wow.
i never even heard of this thing, not on wikipedia, not even on gamespot, liar!
thi game doesn't even exist, i bet it hasn't even been thought of yet! show me proof atleast~:laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
i never even heard of this thing, not on wikipedia, not even on gamespot, liar!
thi game doesn't even exist, i bet it hasn't even been thought of yet! show me proof atleast~:laugh:
Final Fantasy Dissidia on the PSP. Yeah, it's real. Just Google it, and there it is.

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
the main character and villain from IX (Sorry, never played it).
Zidane and Kuja, respectively.

And what exactly are we talking about now? I hear some really bad ideas being thrown out...Jak and Daxter? Come on guys.

P.S. StarCraft 2 was officially announced by Blizzard today.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
u know....for some crazy reason....i have this nagging aching feeling that we've gotten off topic...lol
A more accurate topic for this thread would be, "What are you currently thinking about. Share it with your peers."

Hey Rhyme, did you and Ipsy ever do that shirt-with-words thing/experiment? Guys never read stuff on girls' shirts, no matter how interesting/entertaining/cool it is, I'd know from personal experience...
Haha, I can't even remember what we said should be on a T-shirt, but that was just a joke. We never actaully planned to make them. Boxers that say "Deku Stick", The rAt is just too funny.:laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank vs. Ice Climbers, Diddie & Dixie

WOULDN'T THAT BE LOVELY!?
God no. The only compelling character from Sony's camp is Kratos. I've abandoned the Jak/Racthet franchises after Jak 3 and Ratchet Deadlocked *******ized the games to the point of no return.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
Final Fantasy Dissidia on the PSP. Yeah, it's real. Just Google it, and there it is.

Zidane and Kuja, respectively.

And what exactly are we talking about now? I hear some really bad ideas being thrown out...Jak and Daxter? Come on guys.

P.S. StarCraft 2 was officially announced by Blizzard today.
DAMMIT! now i have to wait for this game too! :p
thanks for the info chief mendez!:laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I don't know much about Jak, but while Deadlocked was disappointingly horrible, that doesn't make me like Ratchet or Clank any less as a potential character. Kratos is the God of War guy right? I've watched the game played, but it didn't look good enough that I'd get it or play it myself.

I'd still like to see them, but my TOP playstation character I'd want in is Dante from Devil May Cry. Just admit it, he'd kick so much arse.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That will totally rule if they had all the FF characters and have KH characters has well with a binch of fighting stages and game modes

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
God no. The only compelling character from Sony's camp is Kratos. I've abandoned the Jak/Racthet franchises after Jak 3 and Ratchet Deadlocked *******ized the games to the point of no return.
Too bad there won't be anymore GOOD Jak games, cause those were some of my fav PS2 games=njk. Jak 2+3 totally owned, and R&C: Going Commando+Up Your Arsenal were pretty sick (Deadlock wasn't too good). Jak&Daxter=totally awsome, I played 2+3 soo many hours, it is crazy! :laugh:

Originally Posted by X-x-Dyce-x-X
I have now! :laugh: Sounds intresting, no doubt Cloud, Squall (or Leon for you KH players), and Sephiroth will make a appearance. (*cough* it's Xehenort) KH characters would be awsome, especially if a small little mouse (Mickey) came in and beat the life out of all them! :laugh: But Roxas' dual-wielding keyblades are still the best!

Originally Posted by X-x-Dyce-x-X
I just feel Microsoft should stick to the computer, that's all. They could easily make monsterous computer games. Imagine how good Halo 3 would be if it came to the highest capability to a computer nowadays! Any computer could dominate any system, and they already have a good running jump on all their competition. (and I just don't like Xbox cuz it just had Halo and Halo2 and nothing else)
Fable? Games that were on the PS2, but instead with better online=? zomg GoW, RS: Vegas, Crackdown, Lost Planet, Oblivion, etc. Need I continue=? Besides, considering how advanced the game systems are now, it won't be too long until they are just computers that are mainly built for video gaming (if they aren't considered that already). :) ;) :cool: Love how I'm defending the Xbox on a SSB website! :laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Don't take this the wrong way Rhyme, but why do u have to use that purple text? It's kinda hard to read...
I like this color. It's the color of the costume I use for my main (Samus), it will probably be the default for Dark Samus if DS makes it into Brawl, plus the color is just so calming. Also, I'm apperantly the only person here who doesn't have trouble reading it. It looks just fine from my computer screen. Does everyone else have a black background behind their text, because maybe some people are using a different forum skin and my text might be hard to read for them.

:) This color is also better than this one, and this one, according to most people.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Haha, I can't even remember what we said should be on a T-shirt, but that was just a joke. We never actaully planned to make them. Boxers that say "Deku Stick", The rAt is just too funny.:laugh:
I want boxers like those lol. I'd walk around nothing but them and see what people say.

I don't know much about Jak, but while Deadlocked was disappointingly horrible, that doesn't make me like Ratchet or Clank any less as a potential character. Kratos is the God of War guy right? I've watched the game played, but it didn't look good enough that I'd get it or play it myself.

I'd still like to see them, but my TOP playstation character I'd want in is Dante from Devil May Cry. Just admit it, he'd kick so much arse.
I can't picture GoW Kratos in Brawl. I can definitely picture Tales of Symphonia Kratos but not GoW's. He's too dark, cruel and gruesome for the game imo.

Also, I had no idea Rachet Deadlocked was that bad, what a shame.

T

Fable? Games that were on the PS2, but instead with better online=? zomg GoW, RS: Vegas, Crackdown, Lost Planet, Oblivion, etc. Need I continue=? Besides, considering how advanced the game systems are now, it won't be too long until they are just computers that are mainly built for video gaming (if they aren't considered that already). :) ;) :cool: Love how I'm defending the Xbox on a SSB website! :laugh:
I agree, Xbox is better than PS imo.

Yeah, so far their online is the best and Nintendo and Sony are indefinitely stuck behind.

Halo wouldn't do so good online. Not as many people PC game as much as they console game. I've never been into PC gaming because my hardware is just too far behind. Even when I get a new computer it's always too far behind to play anything.

I think MS did a good job on the Xbox, they made the right decisions.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't have trouble reading the text at all. I just have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
John, you don't play four stock matches? Wow, just wow, what a n0-haha, I'm kidding.

I want boxers like those lol. I'd walk around nothing but them and see what people say.

I think MS did a good job on the Xbox, they made the right decisions.
Deadlocked took Clank out of gameplay, he was an information go-to guy. They basically removed the platforming and adventuring elements in exchance for harder baddy fights, boss fights, and arena combat. Also, every weapon had 10 standard upgrade levels, 89 new ones when you bought the upgrade second play through, and a limited number of weapon mod slots. So if you liked the old RnC games for what they were you won't like Deadlocked.

You're one in a million on this site Red.

I don't have trouble reading the text at all. I just have no idea what you guys are talking about.
It's somewhat of an inside joke from months ago, when the "Confirmed Character", "Who is going to return", and "Samus' Villain" discussions were all one. This strikes me as the type of thing that was only funny if you were there.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Red Exodus
If you mean 360>PS3, then I agree, but if you mean Xbox>PS2, then I don't, because PS2 was the best system last gen IMO. Plus it totally murdered the Xbox and GC, just look at the sales, the PS2 is the best selling system of all time! PS2 rocks, Xbox+360 own, GC forever, Wii is awsome, and PS3 sucks. Simple as that!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Your opinion.
I think Gamecube and any Nintendo system pwns all.
GC didn't have online (other than Phantasy Star Universe), and PS2 totally killed the other two systems. Despite this, second was won by a close margin, considering the average GC owner had more games than the average Xbox owner, and the Xbox sold a million or so systems more.

Other than the GC, Nintendo pwns all, the N64 was like the best system ever. PSx was good, but all it had was Grand Turismo, and of course the Final Fantasy games, but other than that and a fe other good games, there weren't as many good games. N64 had the best games=don't even make me make a list. O, and Game Boy, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, DS, and the Wii totally own, even if the 360 is pretty good. :) :) :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

If you have any sense at all, you'll buy (or at least rent) God of War. It's only $20 as a Greatest Hits title, and it's easily one of the top three games on the PS2. Most games (except Shadow of the Colossus) don't really look that fun when you're watching them, but trust me on this one: you reallywon't regret it.

And keep in mind this is coming from the guy who has never bought a Sony product in his life, and doesn't intend to. The game's just that amaz-a-zingly good.

Dante's a Capcom character, not Sony. And I was dissapointed by him in DMC3 (not the game, just Dante). What a stupid frat-boy.

GC didn't have online (other than Phantasy Star Universe), and PS2 totally killed the other two systems. Despite this, second was won by a close margin, considering the average GC owner had more games than the average Xbox owner, and the Xbox sold a million or so systems more.

Other than the GC, Nintendo pwns all, the N64 was like the best system ever. PSx was good, but all it had was Grand Turismo, and of course the Final Fantasy games, but other than that and a fe other good games, there weren't as many good games. N64 had the best games=don't even make me make a list. O, and Game Boy, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, DS, and the Wii totally own, even if the 360 is pretty good.
I liken the PS2 and GCN to the SNES and Genesis. Whereas the PS2 and Genesis had more, better games (as in a larger quantity of quality games), the SNES and GCN had the really iconic, super-cool games (ALttP, SMW/Prime, RE4).

But to say the 64 was greater than the PSX is simple stupidity. The 64 is Ninty's hugest blunder...ever. It lost them their lead. There are some *****in' games on it, to be sure...but the PSX easily wins. Not just in sales, but in game quality.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
.I liken the PS2 and GCN to the SNES and Genesis. Whereas the PS2 and Genesis had more, better games (as in a larger quantity of quality games), the SNES and GCN had the really iconic, super-cool games (ALttP, SMW/Prime, RE4).

But to say the 64 was greater than the PSX is simple stupidity. The 64 is Ninty's hugest blunder...ever. It lost them their lead. There are some *****in' games on it, to be sure...but the PSX easily wins. Not just in sales, but in game quality.
OOT, MM, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, SSB64, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Mario Tennis, F-Zero X, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Wave Race 64, Mario Party 1, Mario Party 2, Mario Part 3, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64, Rush: San Francisco, Rush: San Francisco 2, Hydro Thunder, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy Kong Racing, Paper Mario, need I continue=? All those games are awsome, and I probably forgot a few, but watever, I think you get my point.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Fighters Destiny, Hybrid Heaven, Deadly Arts, TLOZ Ocarina of Time, F-Zero X, No Mercy, Goldeneye, Yoshi's Story, Mario Tennis... The PS1 had tons of games, but mine just collected dust while I enjoyed my N64. The same happened with my PS2/NGC.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Fighters Destiny, Hybrid Heaven, Deadly Arts, TLOZ Ocarina of Time, F-Zero X, No Mercy, Goldeneye, Yoshi's Story, Mario Tennis... The PS1 had tons of games, but mine just collected dust while I enjoyed my N64. The same happened with my PS2/NGC.
I updated my list again, and seriously I have tons of good games on there. Cheif should get my point now. Seriously, I only need 12 games on the N64, and I'm satified with. Here they arem my 12 favorite N64 games, in order: :)

1.SSB64
2.Ocarina Of Time
3.Majora's Mask
4.Super mario 64
5.Star Fox 64
6.Diddy Kong Racing
7.Goldeneye 007
8.Perfect Dark
9.Mario Kart 64
10.Mario Party 3
11.Mario Tennis
12.Mario Party (1)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Fighter's Destiny? <_<

What's up with you and equal signs, Johnknight1? They're pretty random. :/

I didn't really like God of War; I've grown out of being obsessed with blood and gore and violence. :/

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's somewhat of an inside joke from months ago, when the "Confirmed Character", "Who is going to return", and "Samus' Villain" discussions were all one. This strikes me as the type of thing that was only funny if you were there.
I understand the color thing because I was there. I was saying I don't understand all the XBox and PS talk.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
OoT and Smash. End of story, N64 owned all.
Creo and I know all! Sure FF VII and FF VIII were of course legendaraly good, along with Grand Turismo 1 and 2, but those two end the tale of which system is better. Only problem Nintendo had with the N64 is the constant experiments they did, and that they had some good gam shortages, where the PSx was pretty constant in good games. The GCN was Nintendo's biggest mistake, after 2004, at least.

Seriously, all we got were MP2, a few good Mario titles, ToS, and RE4, and nothing else really. The lack of games at the end of the GC's life was Nintendo's greatest mistake, or it is their lack of 3rd party support. If Nintendo had better 3rd party support, they would win, because Nintendo has the best 1st party by a large shot, while Sony has only a few studios.

Originally Posted by Devastlian
What's up with you and equal signs, Johnknight1? They're pretty random. :/
That is how I write! :) Plus I'm a random person, so ya! :) ;) :chuckle: :psycho: :urg: :cool:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Like my last post. (some people don't like me when talking about Zelda because I pwn)
N64 was awe inspiring and the Wii is going to dominate cosidering it is not too far away from the 360 and it's best titles such as Mario Galaxy's, Metroid Prime 3, and Brawl still have not even come out.

Top Bottom