• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Red Exodus

Smash Master
*Turns 21* That is scary O.o

I'd love for MM to be in Brawl, I know little about the series so I can't add anything.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I think that it will either be D.K., Yoshi, Marth, C.Falcon or Ness if it's a returning character, simply because I don't think they want to reveal more than 1 character from the diffrent franchises yet.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
That's probably how it's going to be, they won't release 3rd party characters until much later. If anything, they'll announce one about halfway through the character releases, and then Sonic at the very end, to make people work up a sweat. (Yes, I said Sonic, I have total faith that he'll make it.) Also, I think Ness is being replaced by Lucas? Sakurai said that's what he wanted to do, and not a lot of American people knew who he was back then, but now that's changed. I think we might be seeing him. I want to see Poo actually. (hehe)

MasterGary

Smash Ace
That's probably how it's going to be, they won't release 3rd party characters until much later. If anything, they'll announce one about halfway through the character releases, and then Sonic at the very end, to make people work up a sweat. (Yes, I said Sonic, I have total faith that he'll make it.) Also, I think Ness is being replaced by Lucas? Sakurai said that's what he wanted to do, and not a lot of American people knew who he was back then, but now that's changed. I think we might be seeing him. I want to see Poo actually. (hehe)
What can Poo do? And I here a lot about this Lucas guy but who exactly is he?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think we'll be seeing alot more than just a new character or two in four days. A new trailer (hopefully one akin to Melee's "Special Movie") and a release date would be preferable.

And before you give me the theory about the release date being revealed at, say E3: what game was dated for release yesterday? What BIG game? Like, bigger than Brawl?

MasterGary said:
What can Poo do? And I here a lot about this Lucas guy but who exactly is he?
Poo can sit there and stink up the place. Oh, Poo from Earthbound. Nevermind. Probably won't happen.

And I think Lucas is the main character of Mother 3. Really, if they put him in, they have no exscuse NOT to localize Mother 3 (along with Mother 1+2 on a single DS card). Because of that, and that reason only, I approve of Lucas.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but I feel it’s necessary to remind everyone of a magical game called animal crossing.

If Nintendo are in the habit of adding popular characters from popular franchise then we can be certain that something animal crossing related will definitely be added to brawl.

More crazy unique characters and items for the win.
Tom nook for the win!!!!!!

tappy

Smash Ace
i doubt that they would have someone from animal crossing.. but u never know. wasn't there animal crossing trophies in melee?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
There was a Tom Nook trophy in Melee and probably some other trophy that I don't remember. I forgot all about Animal Crossing, probably because there is very little chance that an AC character will make it in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yea, there has to be something Animal Crossing related in the fighting aspect of the game. Maybe they won't put them as fighters (not saying they couldn't do it) but they may be like the Octoroks and Goombas in Melee. Maybe even Pokemon-esque.

As for Poo, he was Ness' karate buddy. He knows karate and has psi powers. That could make him a very good character. That could also make him dominant too, fast reflexes and ranged psi abilities would make an incredibly powerful fighter.

And I don't think Lucas is so nerdy looking. Not any more nerdy than Ness IMO.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Lucas is Nerdy looking. Ness looks way better. The only big difference between there twinness(is that a word..? if it is'nt, it is now) is the hat which is uber awe inspiring.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Why the AC hate? I have a sw33t Tom Nook moveset just sitting in a notebook somewhere. And the franchise is definitely popular enough: the GCN game passed the million mark, and the DS version is up to 2-mil.

Plus, you know Nook would be a killer Smash fighter.

P.S. The other trophy is Totakeke.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've never seen Lucas before... can i get a picture plz?
Note: These are some sort of Mother 3 Toy's, and Lucas is the blond kid to the left. I think Claus (the orange haired kid to the right of Lucas) is Lucas' older twin. I'm pretty sure, because the stripped shirt gives it away=ya. Sorry, but this is the best pic I could find, hope it helps. :)

Side Note: Seriously , who wants Poo=??? Seriously, Lucas and Paula are way better, Paula or Lucas> Poo. Another thing to note is Nintendo just can't drop Ness from Smash. He might as well be permanent, plus he's that awsome=go Ness! I have a feeling that Nintendo can't shake Ness off Smash=happy me! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
... Why did u quote me twice?
My computer was being weird on me...AGAIN!!! :mad:

Side Note: Did that pic help at all?

Originally Posted by Devastlian
Kumatora's so hawt. <3 I'd main her really hard if she was in SSBB.
Who is Kumatora=? Is she in that Mother 3 pic I randomly got? :confused:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, she's the pink haired one.
Too bad there aren' any English translations for Mother 1 or 3. That would be awsome, because Earthbound (Mother 2) is friggen awsome=o ya! Maybe if Mother 3 is planned to head to NA and Europe (unlikey, but hey), then maybe Lucas could be in Brawl=maybe, but still unlikely. :ohwell:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hey Rhyme, did you and Ipsy ever do that shirt-with-words thing/experiment? Guys never read stuff on girls' shirts, no matter how interesting/entertaining/cool it is, I'd know from personal experience...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want to see any Mother characters in Brawl in more of a "claymation" type model. Like in Kingdom Hearts, how they made every character in Halloween Town look they came right from the movie. Nintendo and (Sony-Disney-SquareEnix) should hook up...
Seriously, Ness looks 8, when he is 12 (I bet a lot of you didn't know that!). Seriously, if Ness looked like a realistic version of his clay model, he would probably be about Young Link's height. Anyways, Ness should look like that, but i doubt it will happen. I also strangely want Lucas in Brawl, he's basically the neo-Ness, and he looks pretty cool.

Plus considering how Ness had a few diffrent attacks in SSB64 and Melee (Ness in Earthbound didn't have PK Fire, and I think he didn't have PK Thunder either), so I figure why can't Lucas have a few of the moves Ness had in Earthobund that he didn't use in SSB64 or Melee. not to mention Lucas probably has a ton of original moves, considering the time gap between Mother 2's and Mother 3's release dates=ya.

So ya, there is a lot of room for Lucas to be original. Plus if Lucas has the classic clay art style update where he actually looks real, that would be awsome too, along with Mother 3 finding it's way to NA and Europe! I want Lucas for Brawl, but just as long as he doesn't replace Ness, otherwise if he replaced Ness I'd be seriously angry. So ya, Lucas for Brawl! :) :) :)

Side Note: Disney and Square Enix worked alone, they are third party game desingers, and are not in work with Sony. But other than that, ya that sorta look would be pretty awsome, but overall I think that and sorta the clay real-like looking Mother/Earthbound character look would be awsome, and would work the best! :) :) :)

Top Bottom